Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [EN] Lostbelt 5.5: Heian-kyo: Thunderous Flash

US Friend Code

[EN] Lostbelt 5.5: Heian-kyo: Thunderous Flash

Official website.
    Starts Monday, November 21.
    This chapter only requires completing Olympus, but it's sort of a sequel to Shimousa, so you may want to read that too if you haven't.

New Servants

New costume

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Slowly progressing the story in between my reading breaks. Aside from the usual Sakurai-isms like how sometimes circular the conversations can get sometimes and some explanations lasting maybe a second longer than they should, I actually have been enjoying the story a fair bit so far. Kintoki's a fun ally, I'm always happy to watch over Fuuma's mum and Douman doing Douman things is neat. Outside of the story it's also really nice to see all the enthusiasm both English and Japanese Douman fans have towards him

US Friend Code
    How high up in the Heian government was the Minister of the Left position? I've never even heard of Michinaga before.

Pretty high, it's the senior minister for the state

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The first rank of the Department of State is the Chief Minister.
    The Chief Minister is the most important person in government, but he's deemed so important that he has no official duties unless a major crisis forces his intervetion.

The second rank is the Minister of the Left, the Minister of the Right, and the Minister of the Center.
    The Minister of the Left is the de facto person who calls the shots in the administration.
    The Minister of the Right has the duty of supporting the Minister of the Left.
    And the Minister of the Center works full time as the Emperor's personal advisor while also having to replace either the Minister of the Right or Left when one of them was unavailable.

US Friend Code
    Thanks for the explanation.

Whenever FGO does Japanese stories I tend to get lost because they don't usually explain characters and concepts the way they do with other places. Which I mean, that makes sense obviously, Japanese readers are going to know Japanese history and don't need it told to them by the game. But as an international audience, I tend to get pretty lost whenever they just talk about things like this. I spend a lot of time on Wikipedia in Japan-heavy stories.

I think it can be confusing when any form of Government is used. I find in fgo it easy by just saying this person they follow is high up and if no one high shows, or is only talked about but never appears, in the story I just say they are in charge. It make it easier, at least for me, to follow and not get lost in extra info. I have not got far yet but for me right now no matter who they say is in charge I think the highest is the Evil Jester.

Side note do we get SQ Fragments now with each story?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Googling Fujiwara clan, they're effectively the rulers of Japan during Heian period, and their authority surpasses emperors. And the clan's reign was at its highest during Michinaga's time.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo-no-Mae Goshujin-sama View Post
    I think it can be confusing when any form of Government is used. I find in fgo it easy by just saying this person they follow is high up and if no one high shows, or is only talked about but never appears, in the story I just say they are in charge. It make it easier, at least for me, to follow and not get lost in extra info. I have not got far yet but for me right now no matter who they say is in charge I think the highest is the Evil Jester.

Side note do we get SQ Fragments now with each story?
    Seems like it, I noticed that too.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Offering my apologies for all the slandering I have Castoria and Gogh (not about the latter's lore though, I still don't love it) for facilitating all the nonsense I've been pulling this chapter.
    Admittedly this chapter's boss fights are way easier than Olympus', but I also feel like I shouldn't be 4 turning break bar bosses lol.
    Also my thanks to the Origin bullet CE, I have slapped that on my DPS and got some AMAZING results

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nah, Heian was pretty easy to clear compared to the main story chapters in Part 2. Go full bond team setup for max bond points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

US Friend Code
    You say that but this Tsuna and Medea boss is kicking my ass.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Unless you're trying to min-turn, it's really not that bad though.
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    It is if you rolled in with a bond team that may or may not have had an Archer, not that I would've ever done something like that.

- - - Updated - - -

You NA guys have blue rocks though right? Just abuse those imo.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Don't have blue prisms yet, no. We got the white ones recently but not the blue.

I was under the impression that Kagekiyo had a larger role in this chapter but what she did have was the highlight so far imo

I'm not to far yet just beat act 5 but
    Spoiler:
    Even though I knew we'd see her I have to ask why have Tama show up and not use her? This is before she was found out heck it is maybe 100 before that. I think this is her only appearance too which is sad for me.

The story is every griping and I have not found the battle to hard, though I use a Tamamo, Castoria, and any art hitter that has an advantage. I'm really enjoying this arc so far.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    You say that but this Tsuna and Medea boss is kicking my ass.
    Tsuna being a male Saber means certain Archers' time to shine.

US Friend Code
    So for whatever it's worth the official translation of 思想鍵紋 is thought key

Final boss

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    If they changed NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN to MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, are they going to change
    Spoiler:
    [SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSO to WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW]
    ? Because that would actually be kind of hilarious.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    So for whatever it's worth the official translation of 思想鍵紋 is thought key
    Thought keys misses the point of Taoism=Philosopy of Laozi and Chuangzi, which is the whole reason why I made the switch to Philosophy Magecraft myself. The privileged domains of the Philosophy Foundation becoming "protected memory space" feels a bit random to me, I can't tell how exactly they got to where they ended at, but I think that's a much cooler name and a good fit for the image of the PF as huge share data server.