Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 41464950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1080

Thread: Grand Unified Theory: CHALDEA

1) Be in Coffin
    2) Die (get stuck in INS)
    3) Get brought out of INS
    4) Be dropped onto CHALDEAS (still a Rayshift target, technically)
    5) Swap CHALDEAS with the "real world"

Success: you are now in the "real world" (which is now CHALDEAS) without technically leaving the coffin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I proofread most of the theory, so it shouldn't have as many spelling mistakes, missing words, or weird nonsense with the BBCode going on. I did do one rather major change though, and it has to do with how Subject E is translated.

As I mention, there are two "E" in the Japanese version of F/GO. The NA version has yet to arrive at the place where the second is mentioned, but they do translate the first one as "Subject E".
    To mark this distinction between 検体 and 被検体 that exists in Japanese, I used "specimen" for the new one. Then, I saw that Rayshift used "Subject" for the latter, and swapped them. I'm sorry if that caused any confusion. It probably did.
    Regardless, the distinction between them was hard for people even before I did this. Mostly because if you read NA and then Rayshift translations of F/GO, you won't even notice there is a difference, as they use the same translations (Subject E) for these two words. It also certainly doesn't help that "Specimen" and "Subject" both start with an "S" and are 7-8 letters long, and mean approximately the same thing! Obviously the likeness is an intended effect even in the Japanese. The nuance between 検体 and 被検体 is quite slight, even if it does exist. However, it is far more distinct in the sense that the latter has an additional kanji. That's a whole 50% more kanji, ladies and gentlemen! Therefore, I never have any trouble whatsoever keeping track of which is which.

But, to make a long story short, I went ahead and changed it again, hopefully to something more distinguishable, so in this latest revision of GUT...

検体, the thing found by Bluebook, and described by the scientists of Area 51 is now: Subject E
    This follows the same convention as NA's extant translation of these segments.

被検体, the thing Moriarty talks about in Traum, and which is the word by Chaldea know the being in Area 51 to be is now: Test Subject E
    This was done in order to give it the same character as the Japanese word, i.e. be a bit longer. It also sort of mirrors meaning quite well too.

I hope they feel more distinct now, and I do feel sorry for causing a bit of confusion.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    How funny would it be if NA translated 被検体E as Subjected ​E

I would like to ask a question about a sequence of events concerning the Priestess and Olga. Suppose it was like that and the priestess's goal is to save Olga and give her a body. Then it does not coincide with the fact that one of the apostles at the end of Lostbelt 7 pushes her to death and calls her an unplanned god who has fulfilled his role, saying that it would be better to leave Olga as she is. Am I missing something here?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    The OC stuff finally got me to finish reading LB7, so I can finally comment on the theory.

I told you before that Distant God and Alien God were likely two different entities, yet you didn't listen, and now it seems like that theory was correct. It was something that Japanese side had been discussing for years, but I won't go so far as to say that you were just out of touch with the Japanese side, unlike what you did to me. But I do think it's arrogant that you think that you think you know all the theories going on there, or that what the Japanese are convinced of must be true, even though you're own theory in turn makes up new theories. And it's not like Nasu has a history of going against what people think. Remember when everyone thought that Vitch was Daji? I would imagine you had seen the theory at least once though, with how prevalent it was, but chose to ignore it or bring it up in your theory. You should see now that it is worth pursuing the Distant God line of enquiry and seeing where it leads. Even if you do try and spin it that they're still the same entity, you require more mental gymnastics than the straight reading that they're two different entities. If you ever do a follow up theory, I'd suggest you add it if you wish your theory to properly live up to the title of 'grand unified'.

The Daybit stuff was stupid as I'm sure you're well aware. And I think it exposes how your own logic is heading down the wrong track with the other stuff you're guessing at. It would've been a lot better if you'd just stuck to mostly recapping what we know. Assessments like what the Priestess really is, or the AG's plan were fine, but going off on the whole Daybit is the mastermind felt out of place. Doubly so after LB7.

I also take issue with you calling it a 'Grand Unified Theory' when you skip over basic stuff, particularly in regards to the Fantasy Trees. I didn't say anything previously since I was sure you'd get to them, but you didn't. We know that the trees have spiritrons in them, and we know that they also have crystals. Adding that they can simulate things, it's pretty clear that they're just like the Moon Cell, or rather as we better know it, the philosopher's stone. The MC is just made up of billions of PS, which tells us that the PS is something aliens know about. The Olympians say that the trees are familiar and if the PS is something that other races know about then that would make sense, and why Zeus knows how to manipulate it so well and why they don't consider it anything special. The only thing unique about them just seems to be how they were made into a plant, but that seems rather minor compared to the rest of the points. To neglect to mention even the crystal part is a slight on your theory that I suspect that you must have intentionally left it out for some reason, with how long the theory has been going around. The theory might not be correct, but then a lot of what you suggest doesn't seem like it will be correct either.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxXx2021 View Post
    I would like to ask a question about a sequence of events concerning the Priestess and Olga. Suppose it was like that and the priestess's goal is to save Olga and give her a body. Then it does not coincide with the fact that one of the apostles at the end of Lostbelt 7 pushes her to death and calls her an unplanned god who has fulfilled his role, saying that it would be better to leave Olga as she is. Am I missing something here?
    Rasp could've changed his mind, or it's possible that the Priestess has a different goal than the AG. Or Rasp just knew what would actually happen and that he wouldn't be killed in LB5, like seemed to be the original intent. Whoever the mastermind is, they seem to know how almost everything will go, so assume that they'd have foresight on that sort of thing seems reasonable.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Damn guy came back with a thirst for blood over beef that's been dead for months. Did Petrikow spit into your coffee?

That's an aggressive reply, you okay bro?

First of all, what the hell is a "Distant God"?

Second, the whole point of Hephaestus pointing out the trees are familiar is to say they are NOT ALIEN. In other words, that the Alien God and everything behind it aren't truly alien in origin, but terrestrial. It was extremely on the nose even then, and I don't know how you could misinterpret it now.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm so confused

Immediate killing blow.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Can someone please enlighten me where the 'Distant God' truthers are hiding, because I'm a serial watcher of F/GO theory videos and I've never heard of this even once. Also, how is it suddenly that it's looking likely? What even is it that is looking likely? Please grant this ignorant writer a clue.

The closest thing I could find was the beginning blurb of LB4

On December 31, 2019, the entirety of human history was erased in a single stroke.
    Every trace of civilization was wiped out, and in its place, the earth was left a bleached wasteland.
    No one knew why or how it was done. All that was clear is that humanity had been utterly defeated.

No...It's worse than that. We never even had a chance to fight back.
    Our destroyer was known as the Foreign God, a being from a distant star wielding unfathomable power.
    Even then its like, ?????, bro its an adjective.

But no, the exact term 'Distant God' is never used anywhere, just checked all the scripts.

Sorry man, I only know the Up Close God. That's a fan theorist favorite.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Nothing else to expect when someone confronts a fan theory with their own headcanon. And arete claims that he once presented Distant God-Alien God theory before, but I can't seem to find the post in question.

Oh, it's 異なる星の神, because in NA Douman says:
    It is another world observed by the god of a distant star...a world resembling a Singularity, yet not one!
    So, you know, that alternate spelling that literally only appears a single time in the whole game.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Still holding onto my Altrougecoin, and not selling.

- - - Updated - - -

In that context, Alien God could be Crimson Moon, making him distinct from Olga's dad.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post

So, you know, that alternate spelling that literally only appears a single time in the whole game.
    It's funny because at least on a meta level if douman says it there's 80% chance he might be fucking with you. Outside of that I think that post is pretty impressive mostly because dedacation if anything.
    Last edited by ultimum spes; June 12th, 2023 at 08:33 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Anyway, I should respond seriously now that I have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    The OC stuff finally got me to finish reading LB7, so I can finally comment on the theory. I told you before that Distant God and Alien God were likely two different entities, yet you didn't listen, and now it seems like that theory was correct.
    So first of all, calling it "Distant God" is a misnomer since it's just a random thing you've attached importance to, and it is not what it called in the place where you name it, nor is it relevant. I hope you realize that Daybit calls CHALDEAS 'the Alien God' regardless, and that Olga-Marie is a terminal of said god. I'm not sure what kind of distinction you're trying to draw here. Nothing about what Douman said is relevant.
    It was something that Japanese side had been discussing for years, but I won't go so far as to say that you were just out of touch with the Japanese side, unlike what you did to me. But I do think it's arrogant that you think that you think you know all the theories going on there, or that what the Japanese are convinced of must be true, even though you're own theory in turn makes up new theories.
    I don't remember the specifics of the argument from before, but I will reiterate that as somebody who consumes (most likely) far more Japanese theory content than you, I've never seen it brought up. Does that mean nobody there cares about it? No idea. However, calling it something "they've been discussing for years" seems like an extreme overstatement.
    And it's not like Nasu has a history of going against what people think. Remember when everyone thought that Vitch was Daji? I would imagine you had seen the theory at least once though, with how prevalent it was, but chose to ignore it or bring it up in your theory.
    I hate when people bring this up because you can use it to say literally anything, whether that's supporting theories or opposing them. "Remember how Daji wasn't a thing? You can't say it's obvious since Daji wasn't a thing!" This is a non-sequitur and means absolutely nothing. It's not a talking point that ever matters.
    You should see now that it is worth pursuing the Distant God line of enquiry and seeing where it leads. Even if you do try and spin it that they're still the same entity, you require more mental gymnastics than the straight reading that they're two different entities. If you ever do a follow up theory, I'd suggest you add it if you wish your theory to properly live up to the title of 'grand unified'.
    Trust me, I don't. I genuinely don't see what you're getting at. What does it lead to? What do you mean? That because of CHALDEAS we have to assume there are real aliens? I genuinely don't understand. I already assumed there were "two Alien Gods" so to speak, if you actually read the theory. It's just that one of them is the one we know as "the Priestess", and that hasn't changed. If anything, LB7 has made me more sure about this.
    The Daybit stuff was stupid as I'm sure you're well aware. And I think it exposes how your own logic is heading down the wrong track with the other stuff you're guessing at. It would've been a lot better if you'd just stuck to mostly recapping what we know. Assessments like what the Priestess really is, or the AG's plan were fine, but going off on the whole Daybit is the mastermind felt out of place. Doubly so after LB7.
    Yeah, Daybit's role wasn't what I thought it was. Though, I will admit, it doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things. Why did I think Daybit was behind the plot? Because Area 51 stuff, basically. That in and of itself was a fairly weak line of reasoning, but in trying to tackle the question of who "the man with the gun" was, it was the only thing I could come up with. And it still is. Which is to say, if "the man with the gun" isn't Daybit, I don't really know who it could be.
    I also take issue with you calling it a 'Grand Unified Theory' when you skip over basic stuff, particularly in regards to the Fantasy Trees.
    Damn man, maybe write your own theory and use more words than me and we can argue about who's got the copyright or something, lmao. Read the intro and you'll see why I named it the way I did. There's nothing deep about it. I just called it that because it was funny (and also because the document is massive).
    I didn't say anything previously since I was sure you'd get to them, but you didn't. We know that the trees have spiritrons in them, and we know that they also have crystals. Adding that they can simulate things, it's pretty clear that they're just like the Moon Cell, or rather as we better know it, the philosopher's stone. The MC is just made up of billions of PS, which tells us that the PS is something aliens know about. The Olympians say that the trees are familiar and if the PS is something that other races know about then that would make sense, and why Zeus knows how to manipulate it so well and why they don't consider it anything special.
    Excuse me, what? Are you telling me I have an obligation to include your theories (that I don't even believe are correct) because I used the words "grand unified" for the title, or something? All the things you've listed are things I either didn't find relevant enough, or didn't know how to incorporate into the theory. Fumei already touched on it, but the stuff with the Olympians has nothing to do with "aliens consider the trees normal", but rather hints at their connection with Earth. Regardless, the Fantasy Trees ARE crucial, but they're also mysterious and multi-faceted. There are things I didn't touch upon with them, but nothing that you bring up here.
    The only thing unique about them just seems to be how they were made into a plant, but that seems rather minor compared to the rest of the points. To neglect to mention even the crystal part is a slight on your theory that I suspect that you must have intentionally left it out for some reason, with how long the theory has been going around.
    See above, but also, suspecting malice from me because I didn't include some esoteric point you in particular care about seems like a stretch. I didn't find it particularly compelling, so I didn't include it. That's all there is to it.
    The theory might not be correct, but then a lot of what you suggest doesn't seem like it will be correct either.
    No, that where you're wrong. "Might" implies that it could be correct, when it won't. Or at least, not in its entirety. I already said as much in the very first part of it. I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. That I might be wrong about things? Yeah? No shit?

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post

Is this not simply Chaldeas? It's basically a Singularity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    How I read is that Arete uses Distant God to refer to the voice in the Crypters' heads asking them if they want to survive or stay that (aka CHALDEAS or the Priestess) and Alien God to refer to U-Olga.