Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 232831323334353843 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Unified Theory: CHALDEA

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TresserT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Sorry if it's obvious already, I just wanted to confirm. The Bleaching is meant to wipe out the texture on Earth, essentially turning it into a blank canvas. Now the thing with blank canvas means it can be painted freely and much easier than in an already existing painting. So it's his preparation to fill it with universe. But there were unwanted pigments in the otherwise blank Earth, the Lostbelts, and Singularities to a lesser extent. Chaldea's job is to excise each and everyone of them so that Marisbury can continue with his plan.

And this Chaldea is originally supposed to be headed by Olga, as Marisbury made certain. Her eagerness to prove herself would be the driving force to do that undertaking. These are all should've been well and good. But then Lev happened, altering Chaldea's hierarchy and even affecting CHALDEAS' inner workings. That's where we're at now.
    A lot of that is assumed, though I personally believe it to be correct. We don't actually know for sure what the purpose of bleaching the Earth was, just that Marisbury had always intended for it to happen. We also don't know what Marisbury plans to do with the Universe, just that whatever he's doing will be bad:tm: for the universe. Likewise, we don't know what's up with the Singularities or Lostbelts, just that they need to be destroyed for Marisbury's plan to go through.

That said, everything you said in the first paragraph is my assumption and I think you're correct. It's just not hard confirmed or anything, just pretty easy to piece together.

The second paragraph is slightly wrong. Lev did screw over Olga by isolating her and making her question her worth. But that in and of itself was fine. What Lev did which Marisbury did not predict was have feelings for Olga (implied to be hatred, but it could be love, but feelings whatever they are) that lead him to throwing Olga into CHALDEAS.

Reminder that Lev has 3 personalities inside him. Lev, Lainur, and Flauros. Flauros isolating Olga was part of Goetia's plan and something Marisbury foresaw. What he didn't forsee was Lev developing those personal feelings and throwing Olga into CHALDEAS. That single action is the spanner that caused Marisbury's plan to be thrown off. Exactly how that threw it off is what we've been arguing about.

Quote Originally Posted by TresserT View Post
    A lot of that is assumed, though I personally believe it to be correct. We don't actually know for sure what the purpose of bleaching the Earth was, just that Marisbury had always intended for it to happen. We also don't know what Marisbury plans to do with the Universe, just that whatever he's doing will be bad:tm: for the universe. Likewise, we don't know what's up with the Singularities or Lostbelts, just that they need to be destroyed for Marisbury's plan to go through.

That said, everything you said in the first paragraph is my assumption and I think you're correct. It's just not hard confirmed or anything, just pretty easy to piece together.

The second paragraph is slightly wrong. Lev did screw over Olga by isolating her and making her question her worth. But that in and of itself was fine. What Lev did which Marisbury did not predict was have feelings for Olga (implied to be hatred, but it could be love, but feelings whatever they are) that lead him to throwing Olga into CHALDEAS.

Reminder that Lev has 3 personalities inside him. Lev, Lainur, and Flauros. Flauros isolating Olga was part of Goetia's plan and something Marisbury foresaw. What he didn't forsee was Lev developing those personal feelings and throwing Olga into CHALDEAS. That single action is the spanner that caused Marisbury's plan to be thrown off. Exactly how that threw it off is what we've been arguing about.
    Wait, three personalities? Where does Lainur come in?

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKutenaiabi View Post
    Wait, three personalities? Where does Lainur come in?
    It's from the Clocktower 2015 short story, each personality represents the past (Leiv Uvall), present (Mr. Flauros) and future (Lainur Gusion).
    Leiv and Lainur only cared about their research into the past and future respectively, Flauros was there to mediate between the other two. When sensing that the Demon God Flauros was about to awaken, Present killed himself while Past and Future killed each other without their mediator.
    The death of Leiv Lainur Flauros in 2015 is what stops Goetia's plan from happening in other worlds, Leiv still alive and fully taken over by Demon God Flauros is what kickstarted Goetia's plan in FGO.

Well, regarding Olga meaning the Crypters had a second chance- I take it to mean her presence in CHALDEAS gave it/the priestess a means to act they didn't have before.

Is that capability communicating in imaginary numbers space? Is it a link to the throne? A new Singularity? It's not clear what she enabled, but what is clear to me is this:
    -She was made to undergo the same trial as the Crypters (Moonlight/Lostroom)
    -She was tortured in an Area 51. Alien World's? Real world's? Another simulation's or Singularity's?
    -Her memories and personality are altered, she has two sets of memories as the Alien God that are distinctly different motivations. These seem to tie in to the Bluebook's shooter conspiracy.

With this in mind I don't believe Olga herself had agency after being thrown into CHALDEAS. I believe From the Lostbelt's end chapter blurb even describes her fate as a tragedy. So how she ended up giving the Crypters a 2nd chance isn't something of her own design.

Is Marisbury editing his plan as some kind of Mind/Will in CHALDEAS? Maybe, but it's also possible it's the Mind or Soul of the Planet he gave to CHALDEAS pulling the strings. Young Olga? Not sure she'd have agency as a genuine personality either, but heyho.

Whoever or whatever's in charge is either simulating futures before laying down the plans with the new Olga piece, clairvoyant, or knew Wodime & Daybit very well. Better than Olga did, who kept her distance. The mastermind knew what Wodime's true goal was and how to stop it. Perhaps in finding/creating the Lostbelt histories they knew their variables e.g. link to Chaos, details of the simulated histories. And as noted the mastermind knew the Crypter title, a closed secret indicating full knowledge of Marisbury's plan.

So I don't contest that Olga's presence enabled things to change, but I don't believe she has any agency in those changes. It sounds like the Apostles were always intended and that only she was an unplanned variable, so what does she enable CHALDEAS to do that contributes to us overturning the Incineration? The only help I recall in p1 is Holmes. Dantes is as much a detriment as help and only really there to trial Fujimaru then enter his mind for later. Is the Solomon Dantes even the same Dantes as the one in his head? Do the event collab team fail to hold off their pillar without him?

Thing is, while Olga is an unintended variable she has clearly been put to use. Not only that but it sounds like we'd have failed the Restoration of Humanity without that happy accident. Goetia through Flauros outmanoeuvred Marisbury's Crypters/Chaldea - they were supposed to tackle the Singularities with their Sirius Lights as a controlled measure to assure victory.
    That does mean the plan changed, their role changed, but they were still given the title of Crypter which indicates the new plan they are part of has direct relation to the original.

The Fantasy Trees seem linked to the meaning of the Animusphere chant, as do the various theories of CHALDEAS' purpose.

Regarding the Bleaching - while it could be a texture swap, the Avalon le Fae synopsys describes it as an immune response by the planet. Preparation for healing. So did the simulated planet trigger this response in its own world or Singularity and write it into reality with the Fantasy Trees? Was it always the real world and our world with its rayshifting a simulated one?

All we know for sure is they're a magecraft ritual that shouldn't be possible in our world, I think there's a little commentary when Douman reveals his ability to create his own?

I see the galaxies as linking fantasy/imaginary number space to reality. After all allowing the 'Alien God' to descend must mean a link to INS. Maybe all the Foreigner/Outer Entity lore has some relation to what CHALDEAS/Marisbury have done? The whole fiction/fantasy overwriting reality Petri talks about.
    Last edited by Sath; February 4th, 2023 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sath View Post
    I see the galaxies as linking fantasy/imaginary number space to reality. After all allowing the 'Alien God' to descend must mean a link to INS. Maybe all the Foreigner/Outer Entity lore has some relation to what CHALDEAS/Marisbury have done? The whole fiction/fantasy overwriting reality Petri talks about.

See, this kinda reminds me of this doc which I recently read, specifically the 'Fact and Fiction' section. Honestly, if there's some crossover between two of my favorite fate theories/docs then I'd be really happy.

Edit: Nevermind, its all under that section, lmao.

Edit2: I see some people joining... mind telling me what y'all think when you read it? I found it to be pretty well made, though I don't think I have the required brains to figure out how both GUT and Holmes/Extra get along.
    Last edited by Axe; February 4th, 2023 at 09:16 AM.

I thought elements were making too many assumptions but it's a great compiled list of evidence to pore over. Petri sourced useful quotes and detailed event chronology clearly+correctly, including easily overlooked snippets. So even if you don't agree with all of the leaps made, there's a very good resource there to make your own reasonings from.

By nature of being written pre-LB7 and us even now not having all the puzzle pieces it's hughly unlikely to get everything right. Like Daybit's role and the identity of the area 51 shooter. But several of the ideas here seem on the money even if the precise details may differ in the final reveal - young Olga being used to complete CHALDEAS, fantasy/fiction being used to overturn reality, Marisbury rayshifting to create the Grail War outcome he desired in a Singularity and using that to alter reality.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Fair point. At the very least, Olga herself is a spanner that Marisbury didn't intend to exist in the way she did. If "second chance" wasn't meant to imply the Crypter's revival, I wonder how she gave them a second chance at stopping Marisbury.
    Perhaps it was because Marisbury planned to take the Alien God role himself somehow (perhaps some kind of AI copy of himself, or a dead man's switch-like device that would upload his consciousness into CHALDEAS in the event of his death- given how completely unconcerned he was about dying he had to have some kind of contingency plan to ensure that someone like Da Vinci wouldn't poke around too closely and get suspicious), but Olga's entry into CHALDEAS disrupted his control in a way that forced him to take a less direct method than he had initially planned. (Perhaps because it was meant to respond to anyone of the Animusphere family, and he knew that Olga would never support him of her own will- thus, he had to trick her into it.)

Just as significantly, someone had to have shot David at Area 51 and for the most part the Servants that carry guns have been accounted for. Either it's the "Count", or a human accomplice we don't know about (or less plausibly, Marisbury himself).
    Last edited by InsertNameHere; February 4th, 2023 at 11:53 AM.

We also don't know what Marisbury plans to do with the Universe, just that whatever he's doing will be bad:tm: for the universe.
    I just want to note because this seems important, the wording seems to be that whatever Marisbury is going to do, it's going to make humanity the enemy of the universe. Like, it's going to make us cosmically hated. The implication is something like Notes but way way worse.

Don't think that conflicts with anything in your post specifically but I've seen some people theorize that Marisbury plans to destroy the universe or something but whatever Daybit is predicting involves the survival of other species in the universe so that they can hate us.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Formless Creature View Post
    I just want to note because this seems important, the wording seems to be that whatever Marisbury is going to do, it's going to make humanity the enemy of the universe. Like, it's going to make us cosmically hated. The implication is something like Notes but way way worse.

Don't think that conflicts with anything in your post specifically but I've seen some people theorize that Marisbury plans to destroy the universe or something but whatever Daybit is predicting involves the survival of other species in the universe so that they can hate us.
    That does match up with the cosmic parasite theory I mentioned: it would ensure the survival of Human Order by forcibly imposing it across the universe, allowing humanity to bypass the need to reach the Age of Will but directly causing the annihilation of untold numbers of alien species as it "seeds" the universe with Trees of Emptiness in a way that would turn humanity into something along the lines of the Borg.

Remember that the human texture is by definition limited to the surface of the Earth. Ask yourself, what if it was possible to extend that texture infintely far away?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TresserT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertNameHsre View Post
    Remember that the human texture is by definition limited to the surface of the Earth. Ask yourself, what if it was possible to extend that texture infintely far away?
    This is not true. The human texture extends to the Moon in the Extraverse, and Voyager's whole schtick is that he expands the human texture constantly, to the point that he's considered a pillar of it a la Rhongomyniad.

Blog Entries
    Just by observing the universe with a telescope, we expand our Texture. Oh...oh no...

You've heard of an observer in a timeless temple, now meet...

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dingo View Post
    Just by observing the universe with a telescope, we expand our Texture. Oh...oh no...
    How 'bout that Mars base huh

JP Friend Code
    In most fiction the eldritch horror is something beyond humanity's understanding and creeps in our world.

In Nasu's writing humanity is the real horror.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle dualblade's Avatar
    Raum bringing in the Foreigner class really might be our greatest blessing.

Foreigner Olga as the President of Humanity. The elder god is humanity.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle dualblade's Avatar
    Capitalism is trying to protect the rest of the universe from Humanity it all makes sense now!

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    This is not true. The human texture extends to the Moon in the Extraverse, and Voyager's whole schtick is that he expands the human texture constantly, to the point that he's considered a pillar of it a la Rhongomyniad.
    I didn't realize that. That said, I'd assume there would be some push-back by whatever sentient beings exist on other planets if we assume they could create their own Textures.

Quote Originally Posted by InsertNameHsre View Post
    I didn't realize that. That said, I'd assume there would be some push-back by whatever sentient beings exist on other planets if we assume they could create their own Textures.
    I don't see why there would be since textures lie on top. It's the same reason you can get have the texture of the Age of Man on top of the planet's.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Something I've been thinking about: Olga could be considered the Taisui Xingjun to Chaldeas' Taisui. The imagery is certainly there, and Nasu is nothing if not deliberate even with the tiniest of hints.