Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 242932333435363944 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Unified Theory: CHALDEA

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Taisui Xingjun is a homebrew Servant compiled by Morgan, someone who understands Animusphere magecraft better then all of Novum Chaldea combined.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Taisui Xingjun is a homebrew Servant compiled by Morgan, someone who understands Animusphere magecraft better then all of Novum Chaldea combined.
    And yet refuses to tell us how it works. Aggravating, isn't it?

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TresserT View Post
    That's brilliant. And as Petrikow pointed out, in LB7 Daybit confirms something that's been suspected all along- Rayshifting just involves entering and editing CHALDEAS, not true time travel. Given that this means our history has been edited by Rayshifting, I wonder if this means the bleached Earth was reality all along...

But that's just stray thoughts and rambling.
    Hold on for a moment. We've been confirmed to have the ability to Rayshift since Enma-Tei despite not having CHALDEAS at all. How are we doing that if it's by definition dependent on CHALDEAS? Something doesn't quite add up here, and just saying that the Paper Moon offers a similar effect doesn't seem like it's enough to explain things. If the theory about it being a matter of entering CHALDEAS is correct, then something else must be allowing us to access it by remote.
    Last edited by InsertNameHere; February 5th, 2023 at 07:20 PM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TresserT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertNameHsre View Post
    Hold on for a moment. We've been confirmed to have the ability to Rayshift since Enma-Tei despite not having CHALDEAS at all. How are we doing that if it's by definition dependent on CHALDEAS? Something doesn't quite add up here, and just saying that the Paper Moon offers a similar effect doesn't seem like it's enough to explain things. If the theory about it being a matter of entering CHALDEAS is correct, then something else must be allowing us to access it by remote.
    Yeah. Very sus.

If I were to hazard a guess, by that point the bleached Earth and PHH have already been swapped, so that might have something to do with it. Still doesn't make complete sense though.

Also it's not really a theory anymore. According to Petrikow, it's now confirmed.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I could have sworn I already posted the translation of that here, but I can't find it. Instead of relying on anyone's word, just take a look for yourself.

Daybit

The renaissance genius da Vinci might have been able to realize the truth during the raid.
    In which case, even if destroying CHALDEAS would be out of her reach, she might've been able to cause some kind of malfunction.
    That in turn, could have served to delay the plan.
    After all, Chaldea still had the means remaining to Rayshift into CHALDEAS at that time.
    That was taken into account by CHALDEAS, which is why it was made to appear as if it had ceased functioning by being covered in ice.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TresserT View Post
    Yeah. Very sus.

If I were to hazard a guess, by that point the bleached Earth and PHH have already been swapped, so that might have something to do with it. Still doesn't make complete sense though.

Also it's not really a theory anymore. According to Petrikow, it's now confirmed.
    Where was it confirmed? I don't remember hearing about that anywhere else and my attempts at looking through the raw scripts on Atlas via Google Translate aren't especially helpful either.

I also recall that by the end of the Arc 2 prologue, CHALDEAS's surface and the outside world were both bleached and logically I'd expect only one of them to show the bleaching if it was merely a matter of swapping the texture of one for the other. Perhaps something else (the mastermind?) is affecting them both at once.

There's also the matter of how we'd have this remote access, given that nobody's supposed to know how exactly CHALDEAS' inner workings function. Unless it was hidden there before Lev's sabotage, there's no possible point in time that it could've been implemented without somebody (Da Vinci, Roman, or Rasputin) noticing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    I could have sworn I already posted the translation of that here, but I can't find it. Instead of relying on anyone's word, just take a look for yourself.

Daybit

The renaissance genius da Vinci might have been able to realize the truth during the raid.
    In which case, even if destroying CHALDEAS would be out of her reach, she might've been able to cause some kind of malfunction.
    After all, Chaldea still had the means remaining to Rayshift into CHALDEAS at that time.
    That was taken into account by CHALDEAS, which is why it was made to appear as if it had ceased functioning by being covered in ice.
    Perhaps I'm interpreting it differently than you are, but that suggests more that Rayshifting directly into CHALDEAS is possible rather than saying that all Rayshifting functions by entering CHALDEAS. We already have evidence showing that (as far as we can tell) that's either not the case or that we were entering CHALDEAS despite being nowhere near it and having no knowledge of the fact we were doing it during Traum (and every other event that takes place after the LB3 prologue).

The last line also suggests that CHALDEAS is cooperating with the plan. Depending on whether or not its planet-spirit is sentient and/or independent (rather than being slaved to Marisbury or some other unknown control mechanism), that means that at the bare minimum it's being forced to proceed with the plan and at worst it's an active accomplice. Either way, our priority is to figure out what it's really doing and stop it from carrying that out.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I also recall that by the end of the Arc 2 prologue, CHALDEAS's surface and the outside world were both bleached and logically I'd expect only one of them to show the bleaching if it was merely a matter of swapping the texture of one for the other. Perhaps something else (the mastermind?) is affecting them both at once.
    You can't tell that because by the end of Part 2's prologue, the Bleaching has yet to occur. Another thing I mention in GUT, but at this point I sort of assume people here haven't actually read it very closely.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    You can't tell that because by the end of Part 2's prologue, the Bleaching has yet to occur. Another thing I mention in GUT, but at this point I sort of assume people here haven't actually read it very closely.
    I'll give you that, although I think that it's shown as bleached (and cracking, though that part hasn't happened yet- maybe something further down the line, or what would've happened if we blew it in LB6 or LB7?) in the second Arc 2 opening.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'll give you that, although I think that it's shown as bleached (and cracking, though that part hasn't happened yet) in the second Arc 2 opening.
    I wonder what they meant by this

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I wonder what they meant by this
    If the cosmic parasite theory is true, it might be where whatever's going to "seed" Human Order textures throught the universe would emerge. A colossal Fantasy Tree seems like it would be the best fit in that scenario.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    By the way, CHALDEAS cracking is literally the first thing that happens to it when the invasion of Chaldea starts.

Yeah and we haven't seen what CHALDEAS looks like since the bleaching. The crack if anything indicates something coming out of CHALDEAS. Ma-maybe a rayshift. I might have read about that somewhere, if only I could find the thread.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sath View Post
    Yeah and we haven't seen what CHALDEAS looks like since the bleaching.
    Sure we have, it's on the title screen.

Hahaha, good one.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code

Daybit

Rasputin seems to be the one Apostle that Alien World confide to the most, and he played everyone really well to that end.

And if it's just pretending to be dormant and has been active all this time, that'd mean it's still doing something during Chaldea's Lostbelt adventures. I wonder what it is.

So...I just found a line online that has Implications for the story. If this was brought up before, then nevermind me, and I recommend taking it with a grain of salt, considering I got it from TV Tropes.

Apparently, near the end of the Lostbelt, U-Olga Marie says...well, this.

Olga's Line
    "Earthlings are such evil creatures. For years, for decades, they kept on dissecting me. Even after I kept saying that I was also human, over and over again. But no one listened."

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostKutenaiabi View Post
    So...I just found a line online that has Implications for the story. If this was brought up before, then nevermind me, and I recommend taking it with a grain of salt, considering I got it from TV Tropes.

Apparently, near the end of the Lostbelt, U-Olga Marie says...well, this.

Olga's Line
    "Earthlings are such evil creatures. For years, for decades, they kept on dissecting me. Even after I kept saying that I was also human, over and over again. But no one listened."
    I saw that on Atlas as well. However, given everything else we've learned that may have been a false memory implanted by the mastermind. Right now we have no way to be sure of what really happened but given that we now know her very presence was an accident we can't take any of it at face value.

I saw that on Atlas as well. However, given everything else we've learned that may have been a false memory implanted by the mastermind.
    Moonlight/Lostroom says "hello there."

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Rasputin seems to be the one Apostle that Alien World confide to the most, and he played everyone really well to that end.

And if it's just pretending to be dormant and has been active all this time, that'd mean it's still doing something during Chaldea's Lostbelt adventures. I wonder what it is.
    Why am I not surprised that the Apostle using the priest's carcass is the most rotten of them all? It doesn't seem like it confides to him so much as gives orders to him in a far more direct way than all the other Apostles. Whatever his specific role is/was, it must be the most critical one in this whole plan.

- - - Updated - - -

No, that's probably what it'll look like by the time we get there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sath View Post
    Moonlight/Lostroom says "hello there."
    It told me something more similar to "good god, I'm tripping balls". Whatever those hand-things were doing, it wasn't any kind of dissection.

Olga being tortured for a century in Chaldeas lines up with everything. Then Bluebook replaced her in 2017 with timey-wimey shit. But also, if 100 years of torture and then deification isn't enough to make someone a Beast, I don't know what is. That's like... almost literally Angra Mainyu, just with different motivations.