Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 172225262728293237 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Unified Theory: CHALDEA

If I can share how I think things may have gone down taking points from GUT and the new info:

-Once he got the resources for it, Marisbilly managed to built and activate Chaldeas for real. In that moment, he took the designer baby he had been raising as his own daughter (Olga Marie) and splitted her soul from her mind/body. Then connected the Soul with Chaldeas so it would function as the Brain of Chaldeas before Chaldeas could generate one naturally on its own. This Soul became Archetype:Chaldeas aka the Alien Priestess. Marisbilly then falsified the compatibility records so Mind/Body Olga would never use rayshift because she going into Chaldeas would cause a bug in the system. The equiptment in Chaldea was probably bugged as well to give a negative in case Olga tried to do the analysis by herself.
    (Worlds where he can't activate Chaldeas, Olga is useless to him and he discards her)
    -Once he got everything fully operational, Marisbilly remembered Romani's warning about the end of the world (I'm assuming Solomon turned into a human right in front of him and shared his last vision before going world trotting) and use Chaldeas and the other experiments to look into the past and the future, and then discovered Goetia's singularities. He hided the information under a timer so the singularities wouldn't be notice till some years later and started the Crypters project as a way to counter them so they didn't interfer with his plan.
    -However, once Lev threw Olga inside Chaldeas, the bug Marisbilly feared started happening. Chaldeas (the system) recognized the new Olga inside of it as its brain as well. Plus the torture Olga was experiencing and her cries for help send signals to Chaldeas that the Brain was in distress which complicated the job of the actual Brain, the Priestess. So in that moment, the Priestess started a plan on how to expel Olga from Chaldeas. At the same time, she needed the singularities resolve, so she summoned and send the Detective, the Professor and the Count to aid Chaldea in solving the Incineration.
    -Using all the experiments connected to Chaldeas, the Priestess managed to predict the events of EoR as well (That's how Holmes knew that Shinjuku may exist if the Incineration was averted).
    -Then, the Priestess contacted Kirsch under the pretense of the Alien God ploy. She wanted Kirsch to nurture a Fantasy Tree to give Olga a new body with which she could get out of Chaldeas. She also altered Olga's memories so she bought into the fictional story, the fact that Olga's first action once she descended was to obliterate the Lostbelt was probably something the Priestess programed into her mind. I imagine that the creation and manteinance of the Lostbelts and Fantasy Trees costs a lot of energy that Chaldeas needs for something else, that's why getting rid of the Lostbelts helps Marisbilly/Chaldeas plans, because the resources come back to Chaldeas and that energy can be employed in its intended purpose. Kirsch asking for the other members just hindered the Priestess plans even more because instead of one now she needed to make 6 extra Lostbelts.
    -Douman then gets summoned to explore pruned worlds to use in the LBs. Kirei and Muramasa get summoned to aid the descent of the Alien God (Getting Olga out of inside Chaldeas) so they collaborated with the Crypters for this purpose. Meanwhile, the previous set of Apostles kept on helping Guda's crew get rid of the extra Lostbelts (and all Lostbelts).
    -Now onto Marisbilly's plan, I think he intended to enclosed the entire universe inside either Chaldeas or the planet Earth, then let humanity live on Chaldeas surface, where the Priestess (the brain of the system itself) would guarantee the preservation of Humanity and the Human Order forever as its overseer, correcting any threat or deviation. The universe had to be seal away not only for fuel but because of its uncalculable threats.
    -Bluebook's world (Chaldeas simulated world) got bleached as an energy resource, Bluebook himself got sacrificed to kept the ploy of the Alien God going on and place on Traum. The Earth surface got bleached because the Priestess swapped the textures. All signals from the cosmos stopped because the universe is already trapped inside Chaldeas, the galaxies we saw inside the Fantasy Trees are the actual galaxies being used as fuel by the Priestess, once the Fantasy Trees were gone, the galaxies returned to her to use as she pleases. And this is why, (most probably) the Priestess complained on the first Part 2 PV that the universe tendecy to create stuff to fill itself with was its worse trait. This is also why Daybit said this plan would put humanity in the universe shit list but also why the Human Order may opposes now, as basically at this point Guda's crew is threating its own guarantee preservation (the system itself basically got turned on us).
    -Beast VII proper is Chaldeas. Olga's Saint Graph gave such a reaction because of her connection to the Priestess and in turn her connection with Chaldeas.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TresserT View Post
    It is blatantly stated that the destruction of the Lostbelts is necessary for Marisbury's Grand Order to be completed. You can interpret that multiple ways- maybe he had always intended for the Lostbelts to appear, because the act of destroying them is what's necessary. But I'm taking the simpler solution of, the Lostbelts are in his way, they need to be gone for his plan to continue. I don't have to prove that CHALDEAS is working against Marisbury, I just have to prove that it's both a simple solution and not impossible. If I could prove it beyond a reasonable doubt then it would be fact, not theory. But I do think, given the evidence, I've satisfied both the possibility of it and Occam's Razor.

The long and short is, Marisbury is going to destroy CHALDEAS and the cosmos with it. CHALDEAS, as a sentient planet (as all planets are), has self preservation and doesn't want this to happen. Olga, clearly something more than human since long ago, gets thrown into CHALDEAS, and CHALDEAS then makes use of her to inflitrate reality and prevent Marisbury's plan. The Apostles all act to bring Olga about, and beyond that they have no purpose (though some betray her). Wodime and Daybit both know what's going on and want to prevent Marisbury's plan from occuring. But where Olga wants to preserve CHALDEAS, Daybit wants to destroy it, and Wodime wants to create a god-like mankind.

By the end of LB prologue Marisbury's plan has already been thwarted and it's only a question of what comes after. Wodime's god-like future, Olga's "new humanity" future, or Daybit's nuclear destruction of Earth future (Daybit only goes with this option because he believes Wodime and Olga will fail). Chaldea, unintentionally by means of trying to save PHH, defeats each of these factions and thus gives Marisbury's plan another chance.

I'm not trying to prove I'm correct. I'm trying to prove that there's evidence support it and nothing that contradicts it. I think I've done that sufficiently?
    If anything, Occam's razor suggests the exact opposite of your theory. And no, you haven't proved that there's nothing that contradicts it. It's still theoretically possible, but it's extremely improbable.
    Last edited by InsertNameHere; February 2nd, 2023 at 07:29 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sath View Post
    This makes sense to me and is how I was reading it. The apostles have been sent out to manipulate all acting parties, as far back as part 1 with Sherlock/likely Dantes.

The apostles have actively acted against the Lostbelts at every turn. Maybe the LBs really were only there to birth an Alien God character - although I wonder how important that really is when Olga is ultimately disposable. This said, the ritual to create her is repeatable going by Douman's attempt.

Olga I think will remain a mystery even after she is brought back as an antagonist, and likely has a teary farewell in her Servant form at the battle's end. As you say RE: young Olga, her intended role is likely part of the root mystery of CHALDEAS/Fuyuki singularity and to be saved for the finale or penultimate chapter.

Regarding the Crypters, I've always thought the "war" between the LBs was just a lie to keep them from cooperating together and reaching the truth. Priestess ensuring the truth stays buried suggests the truth is Marisbury's plan that had to be kept hush from even the world.
    If it weren't any more obvious, the title of Crypter was devised by Marisbury and only told to Daybit. The voice that brings A team back says they will become Crypters. Bit too much of a coincidence that they will be the Alien God's Crypters, not Masters no?
    It might not necessarily be a farewell: if the theory about the Priestess being Olga's displaced soul is right and the revived U-Olga is soulless, then nothing stops it from taking up residence in its rightful body. More importantly, Nasu's provided enough parallels with Sakura to ensure that she ends up back on our side.Good catch with the "Crypter" term, Olga couldn't possibly have known about that.

Lobo's theory/timeline sounds quite reasonable to me. Chaldea haven't been able to observe the texture on CHALDEAS since the prologue either.

I wonder why they bothered to let the Crypters get acquainted with their LBs and Servants in imaginary number space though.

Quick addition - Douman's actions are also responsible for Musashi becoming a Servant and stopping Chaos from reaping the planet.

I think LB6+7 took action beyond/out of scope of their plans and Olympus was the only one seen as problematic/needing clairvoyant intervention. Most likely 'Alien God' was supposed to then go nom the remaining LBs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InsertNameHsre View Post
    It might not necessarily be a farewell: if the theory about the Priestess being Olga's displaced soul is right and the revived U-Olga is soulless, then nothing stops it from taking up residence in its rightful body. More importantly, Nasu's provided enough parallels with Sakura to ensure that she ends up back on our side.Good catch with the "Crypter" term, Olga couldn't possibly have known about that.
    My expectation/hope is Olga is ultimately rescued and gets to act as a part 3 leader figure or Master.

By farewell I meant a tear jerker moment for that sub-chapter/U-Olga, but not an eternal farewell to Olga herself.
    Last edited by Sath; February 2nd, 2023 at 07:42 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I do hope her closure is a happy one. And her staying with Novum Chaldea in some way or other.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    She's a Servant. She can be just recorded like Bedivere was and then summoned in Chaldea.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sath View Post
    Lobo's theory/timeline sounds quite reasonable to me. Chaldea haven't been able to observe the texture on CHALDEAS since the prologue either.

I wonder why they bothered to let the Crypters get acquainted with their LBs and Servants in imaginary number space though.

Quick addition - Douman's actions are also responsible for Musashi becoming a Servant and stopping Chaos from reaping the planet.

I think LB6+7 took action beyond/out of scope of their plans and Olympus was the only one seen as problematic/needing clairvoyant intervention. Most likely 'Alien God' was supposed to then go nom the remaining LBs

- - - Updated - - -

My expectation/hope is Olga is ultimately rescued and gets to act as a part 3 leader figure or Master.

By farewell I meant a tear jerker moment for that sub-chapter/U-Olga, but not an eternal farewell to Olga herself.
    Indeed, Nasu's spent far too much time making oblique hints about her on top of giving her the development she should've had in Fuyuki (I could say I'm not bitter but I'd be lying if I did) to just kill her off yet again and have her return as a mere zombie. And if my hopes are dashed... well, I'll have to fix that error myself.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I forgot to ask about earlier: isn't a soulless human basically a catatonic husk or driven solely by basic instincts? Hakuno might have been an exception due to the digitalization, but I don't think that works outside the Moon Cell. Plus, the mind is described as an extension of the soul so it couldn't be split from her without rendering her mindless.
    Last edited by InsertNameHere; February 2nd, 2023 at 08:23 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    If I can share how I think things may have gone down taking points from GUT and the new info:

-Once he got the resources for it, Marisbilly managed to built and activate Chaldeas for real. In that moment, he took the designer baby he had been raising as his own daughter (Olga Marie) and splitted her soul from her mind/body. Then connected the Soul with Chaldeas so it would function as the Brain of Chaldeas before Chaldeas could generate one naturally on its own. This Soul became Archetype:Chaldeas aka the Alien Priestess. Marisbilly then falsified the compatibility records so Mind/Body Olga would never use rayshift because she going into Chaldeas would cause a bug in the system. The equiptment in Chaldea was probably bugged as well to give a negative in case Olga tried to do the analysis by herself.
    (Worlds where he can't activate Chaldeas, Olga is useless to him and he discards her)
    -Once he got everything fully operational, Marisbilly remembered Romani's warning about the end of the world (I'm assuming Solomon turned into a human right in front of him and shared his last vision before going world trotting) and use Chaldeas and the other experiments to look into the past and the future, and then discovered Goetia's singularities. He hided the information under a timer so the singularities wouldn't be notice till some years later and started the Crypters project as a way to counter them so they didn't interfer with his plan.
    -However, once Lev threw Olga inside Chaldeas, the bug Marisbilly feared started happening. Chaldeas (the system) recognized the new Olga inside of it as its brain as well. Plus the torture Olga was experiencing and her cries for help send signals to Chaldeas that the Brain was in distress which complicated the job of the actual Brain, the Priestess. So in that moment, the Priestess started a plan on how to expel Olga from Chaldeas. At the same time, she needed the singularities resolve, so she summoned and send the Detective, the Professor and the Count to aid Chaldea in solving the Incineration.
    -Using all the experiments connected to Chaldeas, the Priestess managed to predict the events of EoR as well (That's how Holmes knew that Shinjuku may exist if the Incineration was averted).
    -Then, the Priestess contacted Kirsch under the pretense of the Alien God ploy. She wanted Kirsch to nurture a Fantasy Tree to give Olga a new body with which she could get out of Chaldeas. She also altered Olga's memories so she bought into the fictional story, the fact that Olga's first action once she descended was to obliterate the Lostbelt was probably something the Priestess programed into her mind. I imagine that the creation and manteinance of the Lostbelts and Fantasy Trees costs a lot of energy that Chaldeas needs for something else, that's why getting rid of the Lostbelts helps Marisbilly/Chaldeas plans, because the resources come back to Chaldeas and that energy can be employed in its intended purpose. Kirsch asking for the other members just hindered the Priestess plans even more because instead of one now she needed to make 6 extra Lostbelts.
    -Douman then gets summoned to explore pruned worlds to use in the LBs. Kirei and Muramasa get summoned to aid the descent of the Alien God (Getting Olga out of inside Chaldeas) so they collaborated with the Crypters for this purpose. Meanwhile, the previous set of Apostles kept on helping Guda's crew get rid of the extra Lostbelts (and all Lostbelts).
    -Now onto Marisbilly's plan, I think he intended to enclosed the entire universe inside either Chaldeas or the planet Earth, then let humanity live on Chaldeas surface, where the Priestess (the brain of the system itself) would guarantee the preservation of Humanity and the Human Order forever as its overseer, correcting any threat or deviation. The universe had to be seal away not only for fuel but because of its uncalculable threats.
    -Bluebook's world (Chaldeas simulated world) got bleached as an energy resource, Bluebook himself got sacrificed to kept the ploy of the Alien God going on and place on Traum. The Earth surface got bleached because the Priestess swapped the textures. All signals from the cosmos stopped because the universe is already trapped inside Chaldeas, the galaxies we saw inside the Fantasy Trees are the actual galaxies being used as fuel by the Priestess, once the Fantasy Trees were gone, the galaxies returned to her to use as she pleases. And this is why, (most probably) the Priestess complained on the first Part 2 PV that the universe tendecy to create stuff to fill itself with was its worse trait. This is also why Daybit said this plan would put humanity in the universe shit list but also why the Human Order may opposes now, as basically at this point Guda's crew is threating its own guarantee preservation (the system itself basically got turned on us).
    -Beast VII proper is Chaldeas. Olga's Saint Graph gave such a reaction because of her connection to the Priestess and in turn her connection with Chaldeas.
    Apart from what I said about the mind and soul being apparently the same thing (notwithstanding EXTELLA, which seems to be a one-off case), I have to wonder why the Priestess couldn't simply assimilate or subvert the mind/body rather than expel it (or alternatively, arrange for the elimination of the mind/body to prevent the risk of interfering further).

And once again, why did he take no precautions against Goetia preemptively attacking Chaldea? Given that Lev was present while Marisbury lived, he should have had at least some reason to suspect something.
    Last edited by InsertNameHere; February 2nd, 2023 at 08:31 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    One thing I forgot to ask about earlier: isn't a soulless human basically a catatonic husk or driven solely by basic instincts? Hakuno might have been an exception due to the digitalization, but I don't think that works outside the Moon Cell. Plus, the mind is described as an extension of the soul so it couldn't be split from her without rendering her mindless.
    https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...ue-Translation

It's complicated. Short answer: no. Long answer: see link.

And once again, why did he take no precautions against Goetia preemptively attacking Chaldea? Given that Lev was present while Marisbury lived, he should have had at least some reason to suspect something.
    The curse of Goetia's Human Incineration Ritual is a 3000 year plan embedded into the very magic circuits of major mage families without their knowledge. The whole culture of preserving magic crests at all costs was engineered by Goetia in order to ensure the Demon God Pillars would be passed down the ages, allowing the final pillar to start the plan in 2016.

In other words no one knew Lev was Flauros. In other timelines Lev becomes aware of Flauros and kills himself before Flauros fully takes over, but for whatever reason he doesn't here - maybe he realises the danger of CHALDEAS.
    Last edited by Sath; February 2nd, 2023 at 08:42 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...ue-Translation

It's complicated. Short answer: no. Long answer: see link.
    With all due respect, I hardly think someone who is a living incarnation of the Root can be seen as the rule to follow here, and Void Shiki was merely dormant rather than outright absent most of the time. At least, if I read this correctly. Tell me, are there any examples of anyone in the Nasuverse actually losing their souls?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    With all due respect, I hardly think someone who is a living incarnation of the Root can be seen as the rule to follow here
    She's not talking about herself only, c'mon, at least look at the goddamn text. This entire thing provides the BY FAR most detailed explanation of the relationship of the three factors (body, soul, mind). If you want to know, read.

US Friend Code
    The Husk King in Case Files is another example of a mind existing separate from the body and soul.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    She's not talking about herself only, c'mon, at least look at the goddamn text. This entire thing provides the BY FAR most detailed explanation of the relationship of the three factors (body, soul, mind). If you want to know, read.
    I did and it left me more confused than when I started- at most it points out the obvious fact that bodily perceptions shape the personality, but apparently Nasu never considered the possibility that if the brain-in-a-jar wouldn't have special knowledge of where the signals that say "your limbs are present and feeling things" are coming from. And if only body and brain are needed for life, what's the point of the soul at all? Zouken could've just put his in a jar somewhere like a DnD lich if it was that unnecessary for sentience.

So would you be so kind as to put it in plainer language than that which Void Shiki uses?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Funnily enough, the soul is the least vital part of someone's makeup. Without a body, the soul disperses (ordinarily, at least, Mooncell is a place where the soul is digitalized anyway, so it doesn't disperse since technically speaking it's the only thing interfacing with simulation, but EXTELLA is nonsense anyway so who cares), but bodies without a soul can persist, much as minds without bodies can persist as well.

The point is the body is the most dominant component of a person, not the soul, nor the mind.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    The Husk King in Case Files is another example of a mind existing separate from the body and soul.
    That seemed more like a copy of a mind than an actual mind, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Funnily enough, the soul is the least vital part of someone's makeup. Without a body, the soul disperses (ordinarily, at least, Mooncell is a place where the soul is digitalized anyway, so it doesn't disperse since technically speaking it's the only thing interfacing with simulation, but EXTELLA is nonsense anyway so who cares), but bodies without a soul can persist, much as minds without bodies can persist as well.

The point is the body is the most dominant component of a person, not the soul, nor the mind.
    That's even more confusing still. By that logic, the surest way to immortality is the lich route I mentioned. But anyway, surely the loss of the soul should have SOME kind of discernible negative effect? If the body was really dominant, I'd assume it in the sense that it's the container for everything else. How is it that without mind or soul, it's not just meat powered by nerve impulses? That's the part that trips me up most. That, and I was certain the Origin was linked to the soul.
    Last edited by InsertNameHere; February 2nd, 2023 at 09:27 PM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TresserT's Avatar
    If anything, Occam's razor suggests the exact opposite of your theory. And no, you haven't proved that there's nothing that contradicts it. It's still theoretically possible, but it's extremely improbable.
    Occam's Razor just says that theories with fewer assumptions are to be taken over ones with more assumptions.
    My assumptions are:
    1) Olga being dropped into CHALDEAS was not planned by Marisbury or Goetia.
    2) Olga being dropped into CHALDEAS is necessary for the Crypters to be revived (and, by extension, the Lostbelts to come into existence) based on Daybit's comment which Petrikow quoted.
    3) The Lostbelts are obstacles to Marisbury's plan created by a third party, rather than something he intended to happen. Based on the statement that the destruction of the Lostbelts will mean the completion of Marisbury's Grand Order.
    4) The Lostbelts themselves are not the problem, but rather, what they produce. This is based on the fact that every party involved is willing to throw the Lostbelts away once they've gotten what they need out of them.
    5) Olga is ignorant of her real role.

Everything else is logically deduced from blatant facts and these assumptions.
    -If the Lostbelts were made by a third party, the simplest third parties are Olga or the Alien God (or both, if they're the same thing).
    -If Olga falling into CHALDEAS was not part of Marisbury's plan, and Olga was necessary for the Crypters to be revived, then the Crypters being revived could not have been part of Marisbury's plan. Nor could the Lostbelts have been.
    -If the Lostbelts were not part of Marisbury's plan, they were created by Olga, and they are obstacles to Marisbury's plan from commencing, then Olga, whether knowingly or not, is blocking Marisbury's plan.
    -If the 3 of the Apostles were created to monitor and guide the Crypters, and the Crypters were not part of Marisbury's plan, then at least those 3 Apostles could not have been part of Marisbury's plan. But more likely none of the Apostles were.
    -If the Lostbelts themselves are not necessary, and the purpose of the Lostbelts was to give the Alien God a body on Earth (as per the voice Wodime heard, the statements and actions of Rasputin in Olympus, and the statements and actions of Olga in Olympus) then it is safe to assume that the incarnation of the Alien God is what is truly blocking Marisbury's plans.

Thus, my conclusion. The entirety of the Cosmos in the Lostbelt arc is simply a hinderence to Marisbury's plan. Olga, the Apostles, the Crypters, they were all roadblocks to Marisbury's plan which Chaldea wiped away. This conclusion is then supported by comments made by both Daybit and the Chaldean.

I will admit that giving agency to CHALDEAS is a more bold assumption on my part. It's based mostly on the fact that the Apostles/Crypters took actions to stop CHALDEAS's movement without explicitly destroying it, and the fact that Olga was born within CHALDEAS (as per Rasputin). My assumption that Olga is ignorant of her true role, but the fact that she is very clearly (unawaredly) opposed to Marisbury's plot makes me think there is a higher power manipulating her. The soul of CHALDEAS, acting in self preservation, is just the only explanation I can think of for such a power if it opposes both Marisbury and Daybit's plans.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code

Personally, I chalked it up to the Mooncell's unique environment, which is ideal place for the souls, that're converted into spiritrons, and then transferred and can manifest the other two main components inside SE.RA.PH. And since soul by itself is already sustained in said environment, Tamamo's story is the happiest one not counting the Golden Poem.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TresserT View Post
    Occam's Razor just says that theories with fewer assumptions are to be taken over ones with more assumptions.
    My assumptions are:
    1) Olga being dropped into CHALDEAS was not planned by Marisbury or Goetia.
    2) Olga being dropped into CHALDEAS is necessary for the Crypters to be revived (and, by extension, the Lostbelts to come into existence) based on Daybit's comment which Petrikow quoted.
    3) The Lostbelts are obstacles to Marisbury's plan created by a third party, rather than something he intended to happen. Based on the statement that the destruction of the Lostbelts will mean the completion of Marisbury's Grand Order.
    4) The Lostbelts themselves are not the problem, but rather, what they produce. This is based on the fact that every party involved is willing to throw the Lostbelts away once they've gotten what they need out of them.
    5) Olga is ignorant of her real role.

Everything else is logically deduced from blatant facts and these assumptions.
    -If the Lostbelts were made by a third party, the simplest third parties are Olga or the Alien God (or both, if they're the same thing).
    -If Olga falling into CHALDEAS was not part of Marisbury's plan, and Olga was necessary for the Crypters to be revived, then the Crypters being revived could not have been part of Marisbury's plan. Nor could the Lostbelts have been.
    -If the Lostbelts were not part of Marisbury's plan, they were created by Olga, and they are obstacles to Marisbury's plan from commencing, then Olga, whether knowingly or not, is blocking Marisbury's plan.
    -If the 3 of the Apostles were created to monitor and guide the Crypters, and the Crypters were not part of Marisbury's plan, then at least those 3 Apostles could not have been part of Marisbury's plan. But more likely none of the Apostles were.
    -If the Lostbelts themselves are not necessary, and the purpose of the Lostbelts was to give the Alien God a body on Earth (as per the voice Wodime heard, the statements and actions of Rasputin in Olympus, and the statements and actions of Olga in Olympus) then it is safe to assume that the incarnation of the Alien God is what is truly blocking Marisbury's plans.

Thus, my conclusion. The entirety of the Cosmos in the Lostbelt arc is simply a hinderence to Marisbury's plan. Olga, the Apostles, the Crypters, they were all roadblocks to Marisbury's plan which Chaldea wiped away. This conclusion is then supported by comments made by both Daybit and the Chaldean.

I will admit that giving agency to CHALDEAS is a more bold assumption on my part. It's based mostly on the fact that the Apostles/Crypters took actions to stop CHALDEAS's movement without explicitly destroying it, and the fact that Olga was born within CHALDEAS (as per Rasputin). My assumption that Olga is ignorant of her true role, but the fact that she is very clearly (unawaredly) opposed to Marisbury's plot makes me think there is a higher power manipulating her. The soul of CHALDEAS, acting in self preservation, is just the only explanation I can think of for such a power if it opposes both Marisbury and Daybit's plans.
    3's assumption is shaky. It said only that their destruction would lead to that completion, not that the Lostbelts were actually obstacles or that they were created by a third party. It is as likely that they were created specifically so they could be destroyed, either by the Alien God or by Chaldea. 4 is equally dubious given that we're told repeatedly that if left unchecked they would make restoring PHH impossible. So they would have been harmful even if Chaldea did absolutely nothing.

Only someone playing the role of the Alien God was needed to be present to revive the Crypters, the unexpected element was Olga getting that role. Petrikow also said as much:

I think Marisbury and CHALDEAS are working toward the same goal, ultimately. Obviously the reason why there were Apostles assigned to both the Crypters and Chaldea is because they needed both of these parties to act in the best interests of CHALDEAS. Notice how the Crypter-side Apostles only appear to be helping them at first glance. Muramasa's sole existence is just to fuck over Kirschtaria, and Douman exists only to screw with the Lostbelts (in fact, this puts everything he did in India in new light). Kotomine appears to first be helpful, but he's obviously just stringing them along.

We saw what happened with Kirschtaria, Daybit, and to a lesser extent Beryl trying to act outside of their roles. Now imagine if all the Crypters proved to be equally rebellious- or if they actually had their Lostbelts go to war with each other as they were instructed to do (and were only prevented from doing due to outside circumstances inherent to each Lostbelt, which Douman frequently exacerbated).

We have yet to determine what he means by "stopping CHALDEAS' movement". It doesn't follow from that alone that CHALDEAS is therefore opposed to Marisbury's plans, or that it's even being threatened by them. The cosmic parasite theory for one would be a positive boon for it since that would not only leave it intact but allow it to "reproduce".

All and all, only assumptions 1 and 5 are sound. 2-4 may be proven right eventually, but right now they are far more suspect.
    Last edited by InsertNameHere; February 2nd, 2023 at 09:23 PM.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post
    I see, so it is also a star? Then this name makes more sense.
    This post made me ugly laugh-cough.

- - - Updated - - -

Ignorance isn't a sin, but boy can it be hilarious.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.