Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 44449525354
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1080

Thread: Grand Unified Theory: CHALDEA

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Wait Shinji's parents weren't dead?
    Could’ve sworn Kiritsugu killed his father in Zero…

I think Tresser meant "has no familial figure that can serve as their parents". So Shinji has Zouken, technically. But Shirou's parents are both dead and his legal guardian was Kiritsugu, who had no blood relation to him (and is also dead). Same for Rin with Kotomine. Sakura doesn't count because she is not Zouken's relative.
    Last edited by Formless Creature; June 16th, 2023 at 04:04 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeOfEden View Post
    Could’ve sworn Kiritsugu killed his father in Zero…
    第五次聖杯戦争までの3年のどこかで死没。

I can't find the source, but the jp wikia says he died sometime before 2001
    Kiritsugu did not kill him in Zero
    It was almost four hours after the raid on the underground storage. Victory was slipping further away from Kiritsugu with every second he lost, and he had no time to stop and think thoroughly.

Kiritsugu didn’t even bother to look at Byakuya, who was sobbing with pain and terror, and left the Matō mansion.
    Last edited by You; June 16th, 2023 at 04:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Due to Kiritsugu being Kiritsugu, I also misremembered it as him killing Byakuya in Zero.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TresserT's Avatar
    I'm straight up wrong on that one. Thought they were still alive just irrelevant.
    So literally every Master in FSN was orphaned at a young age except for Kirei, who orphaned his kid. Lmao.

Well don't I look like a fool!!

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    I knew Kerry hadn't killed Byakuya during the 4th HGW, but I didn't know he had died before FSN took place anyway.
    burn your dread you coward

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    That can be the case because
    Typo? Goes against the rest of what you say.

In the Kotomine/Chaldean conversation where they reveal U-Olga was Servant unwittingly taking an Apostle role, Kotomine clarified that U-Olga's summon was not part of the plan. The Apostles, Kirschtaria, and Zeus were all prepared for the Fantasy Tree to produce a physical body for the Alien God, and the Tree popping out U-Olga instead was a shock to everyone present.
    But was it not also confirmed that U-Olga was the one that rezzed the other crypters? Kirschtaria, seems to have been planned, but the others less so. Or were there two separate things that messed up the plan? If so, then it is looking like the plan wasn't very stable.

We also have Kirschtaria's comment to the priestess about how her body would soon be descending. Are you saying that the Priestess is not Olga then? The Priestess as Olga is a theory that was perhaps taken for granted, so I could understand if it was just a ruse, but I haven't heard many suggest that. It seem likely that Kirschtaria at least knew U-Olga was going to appear.

It's integral to Douman's motivation that he didn't know in advance. He's the guy who spends until Olympus aimlessly being a dick and only when he sees U-Olga that he finds what he wants. Heian happens when it happens because that's when Douman witnessed a surprising error and decided to test if he can reproduce it.
    To me it seemed more likely that he was just annoyed that the plan got delayed because the AG that was summoned wasn't complete due to the tree being burned, and he wanted to make a complete one so that the plan could be sped up. And if the Alien God that was summoned, was not the Alien God that he wanted, then why did he still continue to refer to them as such, and profess his love to them?

Actually maybe the real point of disconnect between our interpretation is the idea that U-Olga existed on any level before her summon to Olympus, which I personally see no reason to believe in at this point.
    Hmmm, yeah I suppose that would complicate things if it were the case, though my main point is that Lord Satan and the Distant God are two separate entities, and then it would just be the Alien God and Alien World. However, Lord Sorcerer's comments suggest that Lord Satan is U-Olga with the whole massacre thing. And there is Kirschtaria's comment as mentioned above.

I think it could be good to go over all the individual appearances of the Alien God and related entities, to work who exact is being referred to in each case. There is the entity Ophelia saw in her vision, the Distant God, Lord Satan, Kirschtaria's "Alien God", the one that made the contract with Vitch (and who she namedropped in Lostbelt 1) and Douman's "Alien God". We know that Daybti's "Alien God"=CHALDEAS at least, so that one mystery solved, but that doesn't mean everyone else is meaning that when they say Alien God.

Your point does branch out the topic a bit more, but I think that's good. We should be testing all the points to make sure they're true, and your point was one I'd never considered before.

A thought provoking and exhaustively researched piece of work, and it holds to be true, makes Olga an even more tragic figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    begs the question
    "Beg/begs/begging the question" means assuming your conclusion. Just say "raises the question."
    I can only think of a handful of reasons why someone might urgently need a Heian-era treatise on anti-demon warfare, and all of them terrify me. - Dullahan

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for reading! I'm happy you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Blood View Post
    "Beg/begs/begging the question" means assuming your conclusion.
    See the commentary on the page you linked.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Against my better judgment, I have to come back to this if only because I feel this comic is relevant to the point being discussed.

https://wondermark.com/c/c1234/

Now excuse me for leaving before I let myself fall into another pointless argument over semantics, I've had enough of those to last everyone here for a long time.

The place he reaches at the end is a hill of grammatical minutia.
    His battle ends on the hill among the rotting, ownerless manuscripts.
    ―――Still alone.
    But he smiles in satisfaction as he lets go of the pen.
    As if saying there is nothing to regret if he was able to correct everybody
    that came into his sight…
    "――――――――――――"
    I can only think of a handful of reasons why someone might urgently need a Heian-era treatise on anti-demon warfare, and all of them terrify me. - Dullahan

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    From what I have gathered here, the Lostroom is a BACKDOOR, Sion initiated her own Ordeal Call regarding the validity of multiple futures (as a concept story designed by Nasu [this mushroom, I swear, if he lies AGAIN]) and now Ritsuka is fighting for the world's right to exist as their world is basically a Lostworld in the making due to frigging shenanigans, time inconsistencies and overlapping textures of worlds.

Also NOT strange that the department of LORE has a LITERAL PLOT HOLE as a PLOT DEVICE to FABRICATE a LOSTBELT.

Might be shooting for the moon here KEKW

JOKES ARE DEEPEST LORE after all
    Last edited by hayate; September 8th, 2023 at 08:33 PM.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    In light of the recent developments, I want to try and sum up what we know in the hopes that Petri or someone else might be able to see how it fits in.

• Based on Rasputin's disapproval about what he planned to do, it's uncertain if "The Count" is acting on the orders of CHALDEAS/Marisbury or following his own agenda in regards to his plan (like what Douman ended up doing).
    • U-Olga was at less than 20% of her full strength in LB7. I'm unsure if he means that was the case before she lost her heart or afterwards.
    • What was left of her was split into four separate entities by the Count, which he calls "E-Olgas"- he calls her a "mechanical avenger", although I doubt he means that Avenger is her actual class. The E almost certainly stands for "Elemental", given that the first one we've seen is identified as being of the Fire element. They are all said to be extremely strong, and the Count claims that he himself doesn't know what the fourth is capable of doing save for the fact that it's allegedly unstoppable. My first instinct is to assume that he's just trying to demoralize us, but given how the first fight played out he might not be exaggerating at all.
    • Among the other rewards we get for defeating Fire E-Olga, we receive a shard of a medallion. It's probably the piece of U-Olga that was made to create Fire E-Olga, but it's not clear what we're actually supposed to do with it, or indeed if the Count wanted us to take it.

After my initial reaction of "what, we're doing the elemental thing again?", I realized that while the Count's identity is still a mystery (the most we can say is that he's not Dantes because the way he speaks is completely different), the question of his role and motive are equally important. According to Not-Roman, the Count was one of the three Apostles guiding Chaldea. But he acts as if he has never met any of them before- he may have manipulated them in disguise (like how Holmes disguised himself as Dantes in Shinjuku) or acted through proxies. The latter is somewhat better at explaining the discrepancy, despite my misgiving about the complexity it implies.

The motive is what I'm more interested in, though. Rasputin's comments at the end of LB7 suggested that he at least didn't see Chaldea as an immediate threat to CHALDEAS/Marisbury and whatever they have planned because of the Ordeal Call, but the Count's actions if nothing else suggest that he still believes that they can restore humanity and by extension stop his master. If that's the case, his choice to weaponize U-Olga's remnants specifically may have been solely to exploit their raw power rather than to emotionally manipulate Chaldea (although that may itself be part of a more elaborate plan, right now it's too soon to tell).

In any event, the medallion might be some sort of key to reviving Olga in one form or another, but if what we saw is any indication merely collecting all the fragments will still give us nothing more than an unthinking automaton that happens to have U-Olga's appearance. The way things are being set up suggests that she'll be saved/restored more fully than that, but right now there's no clear mechanism for doing so. Could there be a fifth piece the count doesn't know about, given the alchemical subtext of the theming? Might the Priestess be somehow able to merge with whatever we get from collecting all the medallion shards, restoring the original Olga Marie's knowledge, memories and personality to her? (And how would we even convince her to do so, given that it was certainly in no rush to do that during LB7?) Or will we just draw on the power of our bonds or something along those lines to do something which even True Magic shouldn't be able to do?
    Last edited by InsertNameHere; September 10th, 2023 at 11:25 AM.

Ummmmmmmmm wut didn't you take your time to read huh forgetting a few posts back it's even explicitly said that marisbuerry plan is for the cosmos in evg evgg hatch everyone die
    So basically mairsbury want the whole world rto burn in his road to the root

- - - Updated - - -

Here Marisbury's plan is to world egg the entire universe into CHALDEAS, then hatch it and reach the Root in the process. The fact that this would destroy the universe, Earth aside, is a necessary sacrifice. (This is also why the stars have vanished. The cosmos is currently inside CHALDEAS)
    DUDE it's said here
    thIs doesn't evolve a planets will it involves the universes will even if you would ask for the universe s help I'm sure she won't be able to decline

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Uh

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    Source?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Citation needed
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Sanest FGO theorist

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    lol
    burn your dread you coward