Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 263134353637384146 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Unified Theory: CHALDEA

Quote Originally Posted by Sath View Post
    Zeus just turned the sus'o'meter up on Holmes, I don't think it's necessarily indicative of a Greek divinity - especially as with his Aletheia Zeus has nothing to fear from some divine spirit offshoot.

As I recall he called his eyes dangerous and said he must not look upon the gods, which sounds like it relates to his insight/Noble Phantasm, but it could be he's aware of another ability Holmes possesses.

I'm not sure how Nyx would work - a greater ship birthed from Chaos? Would she have even travelled with the Titan class ships/future 12 Olympians? At any rate, Lostbelt Zeus thought nothing of the PHH pantheon due to the loss of their Aletheia.
    Skadi also references something "behind" his eyes, though I don't recall the exact quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Skadi also references something "behind" his eyes, though I don't recall the exact quote.
    It all sounds very "hidden true nature"/"other aspect", I would guess one of the divine cores he's mashed up with is a character with special insight.

Ah, there's an NA thread elsewhere with all the Holmes nods compiled. Here's the localisation:

Spoiler:

US Friend Code

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by dualblade View Post
    Moriarty has to manage to be the good guy at some point, need the narrative switch!
    Yeah but he's already caused Holmes defeat twice while then being screwed over by his own hubris, what is he going to beat the shit out of Holmes again?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Beryl knew a lot, actually.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ophelia was the first to question the narrative of how Lostbelts worked. And Kadoc knows now.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kadoc, Ophelia, Pepe and possibly Hinako seem to be the ones who were left in the dark about Marisbury's plan. Kirsch probably knew every detail. Beryl knew a lot, since he was entrusted with the activation of the Sirius Light. Daybit we now know was aware of the entire thing since Marisbury told him.
    Last edited by Petrikow; February 6th, 2023 at 11:36 AM.

I think Beryl's role isn't indicative of being confided in to a greater extent about the plan, but due to his character/nature he could be trusted with the dirty work to make sure they clear the Singularities.

Kirsch seems to know what's up going by the talk about entrusting Fujimaru, I doubt Marisbury gave him the low down despite being the supposed successor, so I suppose Daybit spilled the beans? Or he gleaned it with his own insight?

I can't remember, did Wodime know more about the Lostbelts than Kadoc discovered from his pad, or was it implied those notes were his additional knowledge about the LBs?
    I'm pretty sure the price of his bargain was he couldn't divulge his knowledge to the others & so he left his password easily guessable, but it's been a while.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle dualblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Yeah but he's already caused Holmes defeat twice while then being screwed over by his own hubris, what is he going to beat the shit out of Holmes again?
    Yeah but he did those while in the roles of the antagonist, so naturally the next step is him being the Hero with a Villain Holmes who he saves instead of kills.

Edit: Probably after beating the shit out of him though, so thats consistent.

US Friend Code
    I can't imagine Kirsch didn't know, but I also find it hard to believe he'd be okay with something so apparently horrible. Yet he talks about seeing Marisbury's ideals fulfilled if I remember right.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kirschtaria is the only person who knows who the Priestess is. He probably knows even more than Daybit.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Kirschtaria is the only person who knows who the Priestess is. He probably knows even more than Daybit.
    I suppose this is probably because he was the one approached with the negotiation in imaginary number space?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Castellan's Avatar
    I can't imagine Kirsch didn't know, but I also find it hard to believe he'd be okay with something so apparently horrible. Yet he talks about seeing Marisbury's ideals fulfilled if I remember right.
    If you assume Marisbury's whole thing is "ensure the future of the Human Order by making himself into a god," Kirschtaria's plan is almost kind of a perfect foil. The same desired end state with two different outcomes.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I suppose this is probably because he was the one approached with the negotiation in imaginary number space?
    Could be. I'd say it's most likely he knew who the Priestess was from the beginning, though.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    That in turn assumes that it was the Priestess who was talking. While that's still quite likely, it's not impossible that he was speaking with the mastermind instead.

Oh, Kadoc's going to use his Sirius Light in Antarctica, isn't he. That's what Daybit was probably hinting at.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    He and Daybit made a promise to tell Guda whoever survived at the end, so it's safe to assume he's in the know?

Also, he kept proclaiming that he'd betray Alien God, or Alien World so that he can achieve his personal objective. So he respected Marisbury, but disagreed with CHALDEAS' method?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TresserT's Avatar
    Just had a thought.

We haven't been back to antarctice since our initial zero dive. Are we sure we're really on Earth at all right now?

If the bleaching occured after our initial zero dive, it would also be after CHALDEAS was already frozen and was no longer capable of acting.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    He and Daybit made a promise to tell Guda whoever survived at the end, so it's safe to assume he's in the know?

Also, he kept proclaiming that he'd betray Alien God, or Alien World so that he can achieve his personal objective. So he respected Marisbury, but disagreed with CHALDEAS' method?
    Minor nitpick but they technically never discussed it. They just both independently came to the same conclusion and silently agreed. Daybit never shared info wifh Kirsch as far as we know.

We're on Earth, the texture was just replaced. We're likely to go inside Chaldeas, anyway.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TresserT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKajin View Post
    We're on Earth, the texture was just replaced. We're likely to go inside Chaldeas, anyway.
    But are you sure about that? Do we have hard confirmation that that's the case, or has it just been assumed up until now?