Page 143 of 286 FirstFirst ... 4393133138141142143144145148153193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 5703

Thread: [FGO JP Main Chapter] Lostbelt 7: Nahui Mictlan ~ The One Who Rules the Planet

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The wholly unsubstantiated vibe I always got is that Nasu wants Tsukihime 2 to be the last game he makes before he retires.
    It would make sense thematically. That which comes right before the eclipse.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    What about the Final Answer with our Resident Badass Zelretch?
    burn your dread you coward

JP Friend Code
    Tbh I don't think he's capable of retiring. Given how he talks, and how others talk about him, there is no stopping him when the muse strikes him.

He strikes me as the kind of person who physically can't stop himself from creating, but I imagine that whenever he starts feeling like he doesn't have much time left in our world, he'd probably start working on Tsukihime 2 so he can go with no regrets.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle dualblade's Avatar
    My current theory is he plans to wrap up FGO part 2 (at...some point), have ideas ready for other writers to take their spin on for part 3 while he tries to go and work on other stuff.

Keyword tries because if he gets a NEW idea to use for FGO he might come back to write for that before going back again to other stuff.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoker View Post
    Tbh I don't think he's capable of retiring. Given how he talks, and how others talk about him, there is no stopping him when the muse strikes him.
    Seems like it. The more people make stuff that is linked to his work, the more motivated he seems to be to either redo it or add to it.

Yeah, I seriously doubt he'd be able to let go of FGO permanently. Maybe not be as involved with it, but who knows if he'd be able to stop himself from writing one more chapter.

Finally finished part 1 so now I can add in my two cents.

I know Tez is the G. Berserker silhouette, but there's still a lot that makes me scratch my head about it. Romulus being an exception is one thing, but he very much did grow up as a human. Tez being a natural Grand after all that seems weird to me, but I guess it's not completely out of the question. That being said, he's in a human body and he's Daybit's Servant. Two major red flags. Everything screams that he's a hacked Grand. And the data showing him as an Assassin is interesting, because... that's the only class that is specifically stated to have one (1) sole candidate. If you're gonna hack yourself a Grand, you could presumably hack the limits of candidacy, which goes back to the bit about Tez being a god. And also, Tez being an Assassin just makes more sense than Berserker.
    PlusIstillthinkCuisGrandBerserker.

As for Kukulkan, obviously the Chicxulub impact was the branch point here. ORT comes regardless. But I'm starting to wonder if the meteor, and by extension the Aztec bacteria, are from the Oort Cloud as well. Kukulkan manifested recently, but presumably bacteria!Quetz still arrived in this Lostbelt? ... Unless the meteor just never came. I guess that would make sense. I'm not really sure what to make of it. Tez lore always had some ORT imagery about it, though, so there's probably something there.

That aside, still wondering about Beast V. Hard to see how there's room for it in LB7, but you never know. But where there's a Grand...
    Also still assuming 7.5 will be the Arcade/Proto crossover to finish Arthur and Beast VI's story before Final Lostbelt Fuyuki.

EDIT: Wait. Heck. Koyanskaya has a significant role here. Seems like the perfect opportunity to wrap up Holmes vs. Koyanskaya since we know he *is* returning.
    Last edited by VTKajin; January 29th, 2023 at 03:32 PM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TresserT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKajin View Post
    That aside, still wondering about Beast V. Hard to see how there's room for it in LB7, but you never know. But where there's a Grand...
    Don't quote me on this because I can't remember where I read it. But I do remember reading that Vortigern was originally planned to be Beast V in the early versions of pre-Oberon LB6, back when Artoria Avalon was Grand Saber and Morgan was the big bad. But once Nasu rewrote the story to give Oberon a bigger role (and fused him with Vortigern) that plotline fell through.

If it's true, then there probably is no one in mind for Beast V currently. I'm sure Nasu will find a suitable replacement eventually but I wouldn't expect anything for the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKajin View Post
    As for Kukulkan, obviously the Chicxulub impact was the branch point here. ORT comes regardless. But I'm starting to wonder if the meteor, and by extension the Aztec bacteria, are from the Oort Cloud as well. Kukulkan manifested recently, but presumably bacteria!Quetz still arrived in this Lostbelt? ... Unless the meteor just never came. I guess that would make sense. I'm not really sure what to make of it. Tez lore always had some ORT imagery about it, though, so there's probably something there.
    Yeah. Camazotz commenting that he's tasted ORT's terror before made me think that ORT destroyed the home world of the Aztec gods before they came here. ORT always had a bit of a link to Mesoamerica, but the fact that he only arrived less than 5000 years ago always made it kind of strange. This makes it all add up.

I still feel like there is a good chance to having a reveal that the Beasts weren't actually supposed to start acting up yet and thus there is no Beast V as a way of showing that. Either that or another Fate media will have to deal with it like Arcade got VI.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Beast V for Extra Record in 2030.

One could say Hakunon beat Beast III given everything, so it checks out.

Blog Entries
    Bacteria!Quetz arrived with the meteor that hit the Yucatan Peninsula 66 Million Years Ago so it appears to have diverged around that time. I thought that ORT might have been the source of the Alien Blood that created Quetz and the gang but now I believe it was something else...possibly the real Type Mercury who was killed and eaten by ORT. I've also been wondering about the cylindrical shape of the world in the Lostbelt. How that could exist in a pre-human texture is strange. It makes me wonder if Maia was influenced by genetic memories of Bacteria!Quetz's homeworld/Texture when it created Mictlan. By extension, the cosmic an model seen in Pre-Columbian cultures may be derived from those same memories. When Daybit arrived in Mictlan and introduced the concepts of Quetz's PHH incarnation, it transformed Maia and the bacteria infected Deinos, creating a human-like culture based on those concepts. All of this and Daybit's history with the Lore Department suggests to me that Daybit himself may be a carrier of the god bacteria brought by Chicxulub.

The cylindrical shape of the Mictlan also makes me wonder if we are actually traversing the interior of the Tree of Emptiness. Hinako was able to hide Mayall in the Fusang Tree, perhaps Daybit merged his Tree with the world of Nahui Mictlan, turning it into a Dyson tube that could collect enough energy from the Sun, Deino Civilization, and Tez's Warmongering that would allow him to trigger ORT's waking conditions: Gaia dying due and the Prime Species outlasting her.

Also...I think ORT we encountered in the Lostbelt is actually the one that landed on Earth in Proper Human History, having been unaffected by the Bleaching due to its Crystal Valley. The way the Lostbelt was when it diverged, there was no way the Deinos would outlive Gaia's death before Daybit arrived. ORT is present despite technically not being summoned because it technically exists in it own reality already like the Wandering Sea.

One issue is that, as per LB1, 3, and 6, we know that Fantasy Trees do not consider things which existed in reality as factors in their simulations until 2018, when they spread their simulations out as a Texture. Like, to the denizens of LB1, it seemed like the Fantasy Tree just spontaneously manifested in 2018 despite them having thousands of years of history predating it.

Basically if ORT is from reality and clipped into LB7, you would think the dinos would have no history of him existing until 2018. But it seems like he's been there "forever".

TBF its a Type, which heavily alter reality even in all the other "usual" timelines. If anything was going to be an exception to the rules, it'd be a Type.

Things that are part of a LB aren't supposed to be able to survive past its "border" either, yet its taken as a given that ORT WILL break through and have no problems for itself outside the LB. Probably even still the exact same ORT that was present before the bleaching happened.

Are you saying ORT is not a simulation and it's the actual ORT? Makes sense, not that ORT's status was ever known in any other Fate work before LB7.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

The only reason I could think of for ORT not being the actual PHH ORT is if its actually Mercury.
    Last edited by dualblade; January 29th, 2023 at 10:00 PM.

What I'm saying is this:
    Lostbelts, pre-2018, were simulations contained within a Fantasy Tree.
    On New Years 2018, the simulations left the Fantasy Trees and were spread across the planet as Textures.
    ORT in LB7 seems to have been there all along, rather than having appeared with Daybit in 2018.

If ORT is PHH ORT, and ORT was within the Lostbelt even during its simulated history, it would have had to entered the Tree before it descended, or it would have had to have edited the Tree's simulated history post-descent the same way Morgan did.

Given Crystal Valley it makes sense that ORT would be imnune to the bleaching and the LB Texture placing. However, what doesn't make sense is PHH ORT existing even in the simulated Lostbelt history. I know he's alien and the rules don't really apply to him, but the way it's being framed it just doesn't really make sense for him to be PHH unless there's evidence missing.

Either that or he DID spontaneously appear in 2018 and my memory's failing me. But I could have sworn he was there all along.
    Last edited by TresserT; January 29th, 2023 at 10:35 PM.

Do any of the deinos even mention ORT directly? I think they just talk about Xibalba, right? If it's like I'm thinking, then there's no evidence to suggest ORT is from PHH but no evidence to suggest he isn't either. Since I can only recall the PHH characters talking about it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dingo View Post
    ...perhaps Daybit merged his Tree with the world of Nahui Mictlan, turning it into a Dyson tube that could collect enough energy from the Sun, Deino Civilization, and Tez's Warmongering that would allow him to trigger ORT's waking conditions: Gaia dying due and the Prime Species outlasting her.
    The idea that Mictlan is some sort of a Dyson Tube actually makes a lot of sense, considering the heavy emphasis on the Aztec gods being the Sun and ORT being powered by nuclear fusion. I wonder if the relation between ORT and the Mesoamerican pantheon is similar to Chaos (a Dyson Sphere) and the Greek Pantheon.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.