Page 237 of 286 FirstFirst ... 137187227232235236237238239242247 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,740 of 5703

Thread: [FGO JP Main Chapter] Lostbelt 7: Nahui Mictlan ~ The One Who Rules the Planet

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Formless Creature View Post
    Either Servants are something you get hyped about, speculate on, and make fanfiction about, or they're just narrative tools you're not supposed to take seriously and every hint is a red herring designed specifically to mess with you.
    Both can be true. The rules are definitely subservient to whatever thinks would be interesting, but that doesn't mean they're totally disregarded. LB7 wouldn't be as compelling if it didn't draw on pre-existing lore, like the Maya and ORT.
    I think there's something to be said for letting parts of the lore stay mysterious, but at the same time, LB7 was pretty great, so what do I know?
    Last edited by Parzivus; February 8th, 2023 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TresserT View Post
    Nope! While that was important during Traum, our ability to summon shadow Servants to counter any situation was the trump card during the battle between Constantine's army and our own. This is also an ability unique to Guda- Kirachtaria being able to contract 3 Servants was considered an amazing feat, but Guda's 100% Master potential lets him contract hundreds. Even if he would be unable to do it without Chaldea's full support, it's still a noteably amazing ability.

Olga then says something along those lines in LB7. I've said it a few times now, but she says that we never lose a second battle. Once we know an enemy's weakness we can ALWAYS counter it.
    I've always seen Fujimaru's numerous contracts as being managed/fueled by Chaldea.They may be contracted to him but he isn't actually acting as a true mage to all of them.
    I don't think it's meant to be viewed as a special talent of his; he's complete trash but an endearing enduring underdog. Or so the narrative suggests, given how very 3rd person his view/writing is usually.

But yeah, even with all his Servant tutors he hasn't become able to use basic magecraft by LB1 - he's definitely supposed to be Kadoc adjacent (but worse in mage terms).

Contractual limitations are more a product of the mana drain and fact that outside of F/GO the summoning system is tied to rituals with set numbers.

Fujimaru's only strength is the soft skills demanded of Everyone Loves Me EX and determination/guts to never give up!/protagonist particles.
    Last edited by Sath; February 8th, 2023 at 03:55 AM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sath View Post
    I've always seen Fujimaru's numerous contracts as being managed/fueled by Chaldea.They may be contracted to him but he isn't actually acting as a true mage to all of them.
    I don't think it's meant to be viewed as a special talent of his; he's complete trash but an endearing enduring underdog. Or so the narrative suggests, given how very 3rd person his view/writing is usually.

But yeah, even with all his Servant tutors he hasn't become able to use basic magecraft by LB1 - he's definitely supposed to be Kadoc adjacent (but worse in mage terms).

Contractual limitations are more a product of the mana drain and fact that outside of F/GO the summoning system is tied to rituals with set numbers.

Fujimaru's only strength is the soft skills demanded of Everyone Loves Me EX and determination/guts to never give up!/protagonist particles.
    Pretty much. The Garden of Lost Will hammered down the point that he's an expendable provisional Master who only got to be where he was by accident.

Blog Entries
    Nasu is trying to convince us that MC is normal dude while at the same time has Kirsch and Daybit admit that he is superior as a master. It's just weird. You have a normal guy here, yet he is also considered a valuable asset in combat. Sure, he needs support from Chaldea and others and has nothing other than guts and determination, but getting through the Garden of Lost Will without help is just too much.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You just don't have the hipster cells to understand Nasu's mentality of how mankind's greatest virtue is their own weakness.

That "the weakest most human-like human" would actually be the strongest in practice is exactly the kind of trope that Nasu has thrived on for like, decades. See Camazotz being all like "I AM THE SPIDER-SLAYING BAT, yet also... the weakling who could not save his world without sacrificing every single one of his subjects" That's why batman is strong; because he's weak.

It's more complicated, but those are the basics. Now back to class, kids.
    Last edited by Petrikow; February 8th, 2023 at 04:20 AM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle dualblade's Avatar
    They are a normal person who has been through a lot of shit...so really not normal anymore, but still normal compared to actual heroes/supernatural beings.

Though one would think that between the numerous guns gifted on Valentines and actual being trained by by Scathach in markmanship during ServentFes would lead to them being able to try and do something. But can't have even a failed attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Link0306 View Post
    I think Tezca would look a lot better if he was just darker skinned

Right now his 3rd ascension looks like a white guy dressing up for a stereotype Halloween party lol
    Agreed. Tbh i think 7 lostbelt need to have more darkner skinned servants. Tezca is one of the top

Quote Originally Posted by dualblade View Post
    They are a normal person who has been through a lot of shit...so really not normal anymore, but still normal compared to actual heroes/supernatural beings.

Though one would think that between the numerous guns gifted on Valentines and actual being trained by by Scathach in markmanship during ServentFes would lead to them being able to try and do something. But can't have even a failed attempt.
    Yeah...this is where i used the Ritsuka self insert headcanon.
    I just imagine that my Ritsuka is slight more skilled alone,but that it matters. Its just that she did grab some of the lancer servants and the spear that Cu prototype gave her,and she just start to train...its just more less on the level of an skilled soldier,its almost useless against most of the stuff we fight. But she is trying to to grow...and has pride on the small steps she took. (headcanon wise it was with this spear my guda did beat goetia king of humans)

Sometimes Ritsu does show some growth on training,like the ninja ability we did show one day. But...it does feel like they can't move at all. It feels like because they are suppose to be a normal human,they can't grow.

Seasonals and parodies are in this weird limbo where by all rights they should be like a WSJ anime movie: impossible AU tales that don't fit into the story. Fourth wall tongue in cheek. But every so often they'll acknowledge a random Summer event in main story dialogue, or in main story canon events like Scramble. Not to mention Solomon's cameo group.

I wonder whether there's going to be some kind of crazy attempt to sign them off as as fever dream singularities/simulations/Fujimaru of other timelines eventually? Kind of like how the Zero Escape series liked using gameplay meta twists.

Nasu seems to be a huge fan of the idea of making these god-like beings, so above humanity as they are, actually fall in love with the concept of humanity. With its simplicity, with its earnestness. If you look at it from that lens, from the idea of Fujimaru being an everyman who represents humanity, it makes sense why they appear to be so charismatic, and it's ultimately that charisma that leads them to victory. So many of our battles were won because we made friends with the right person. Moriarty's whole plan in Shinjuku fell apart because he genuinely liked us too much. It's hilarious.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    Nasu seems to be a huge fan of the idea of making these god-like beings, so above humanity as they are, actually fall in love with the concept of humanity. With its simplicity, with its earnestness. If you look at it from that lens, from the idea of Fujimaru being an everyman who represents humanity, it makes sense why they appear to be so charismatic, and it's ultimately that charisma that leads them to victory. So many of our battles were won because we made friends with the right person. Moriarty's whole plan in Shinjuku fell apart because he genuinely liked us too much. It's hilarious.
    Why didn't it work on specific spider of slightly big size?

Quote Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
    To be a Beast you need to love humanity and I have never seen Ritsuka express any such feelings. He doesn't want to die, doesn't want his friends to die and does not want humanity to die any more than any normal human would, but that's it.
    I'd find it strange if the person known for having deep bonds with both the best and the worst of humanity, and actively working to save humanity on more than one occasion, would not love humanity. It's not like the Beasts have to be fangirling over it.
    Goetia's "love" only went as far as "looking at your suffering is just sad", and Kiara arguably only passes on a technicality.

Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post
    It did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tipoima View Post
    I'd find it strange if the person known for having deep bonds with both the best and the worst of humanity, and actively working to save humanity on more than one occasion, would not love humanity. It's not like the Beasts have to be fangirling over it.
    Goetia's "love" only went as far as "looking at your suffering is just sad", and Kiara arguably only passes on a technicality.
    Fujimaru at minimum seems to have some level of respect for just about every Servant they talk to or they wouldn't be able to bond. I'd say it's good enough. I doubt Beast Guda will happen but it would be funny.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Mandri sums it up the best.

Mandricardo: (I forgot that this Master's most endearing quality is the way he / she gets along with pretty much everyone!)

I doubt Beast Guda will happen but it would be funny.
    While actual full-on Beast would likely be too huge of a plot direction, I don't think it's impossible for Guda to be a Beast candidate. An opportunity for character development without actually commiting to doing anything

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookofgoetia View Post
    You know...its probably already beating a dead horse.
    But...i was bored so i decided to just look around a little bit of what they could had done to add. Some South América representation in the South América lostbelt.
    And i am kind without words of how easy would it had been fitting Iansã on it. Like hell she does classify as a goddess of death...besides the sheer ammount of haxs that she would ended up having if we assume that her stories would work like the nasuverse.
    I wonder if one day i will go back to South America to actually explore there.
    It must be double disappointing because previous marketing descriptions says it's a South American Lostbelt set in the Amazon rainforest, when in reality it's just in Mesoamerica, and there's absolutely no South American character at all.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post
    It worked. ORT's heart decides to help after making friends with MC and then hearing out the Dinos.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Link0306 View Post
    I think Tezca would look a lot better if he was just darker skinned

Right now his 3rd ascension looks like a white guy dressing up for a stereotype Halloween party lol
    Yeah honestly after seeing a redesign that gave him dark skin and brown hair I truly didn't understand why they opted to make him pale AF especially when the character made his own body

Blog Entries
    Day bit huh
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I mean, plenty judge without being able to actually read the story, so why not judge when nobody can actually read the story?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    I think he meant the spider that is not very talkative.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevethepi View Post
    Day bit huh
    nasu at his most nasu
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.