Page 279 of 286 FirstFirst ... 179229269274277278279280281284 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,580 of 5703

Thread: [FGO JP Main Chapter] Lostbelt 7: Nahui Mictlan ~ The One Who Rules the Planet

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    So Eresh pumped herself up enough that she could actually battle against Velber-02... And it still would be nowhere near enough to deal with Subspecies ORT

Yeah, I really hope it comes across in the summaries just how hopeless it is to fight this thing, because it is one of my favorite things execution-wise in this Lostbelt. 20 year old hidden superboss or whatever finally gets an appearance and it's just as bullshit as you would expect, if not more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It was as bullshit as I would expect until the Grand Foreigner moment. That's where it became more bullshit than expected.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Link0306's Avatar
    Fucking Grand Foreigner ORT

That was just the most amazing bullshit 10/10

Nasu definitely made a gimped ORT battle fun as hell to see fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Link0306 View Post
    One last thing, I do like how Koyan was disappointed with the Deinos at first and was regretting her own decision, but then got to fight alongside them and left happy.
    Specifically that was more happiness at the xoqqer boys choosing to follow their wild instincts in their end since that's what she's all about.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Link0306's Avatar
    Oh also - When Eresh destroyed the spider part of ORT it was described as a waste product, something similar to keratin on a human, and we didn't even touch the main body yet. But later on when ORT regenerated the spider part, we had to destroy it again before firing the Rayproof. So I guess the spider part was kind of important after all? Maybe it just served as a strong armor for the main body - kind of like how our outer layer of skin, despite being dead cells, is our first layer of defense?
    Last edited by Link0306; February 25th, 2023 at 06:08 PM.

Story Summary - Chapter 23: The Fifth Sun

You find yourself back in the same misty place as when you first arrived in this Lostbelt. That is to say, the afterlife. One has to suppose you succumbed to the fatigue and exertion of the battle against ORT, and finally kicked the bucket. Well, you don't really have any choice but to go meet him.

In one version of Aztec myth, the souls of the dead are divided between those who die natural deaths, and those who die in battle. Those who die in battle are led to the 12th of the 13 heavens, which is the paradise of Teteocan. This place was further divided into four: to the east was Tlahuiztlampa, where those who died in battle and those who were ritually sacrificed went; to the west was Cihuatlampa, where women who died in childbirth went; to the south was Huitzlampa, the realm of radiance, where children went; in the north was Mictlampa, the realm of stillness and rest, where Tezcatlipoca, the god of war and death, ruled. There was also this underworld which existed in nine layers (Mictlan), where those who died were put through trials to become strong and be brought back to the world, where Mictlantecuhtli and Mictecacihuatl, "pure" gods of death, ruled. Most all gods in Aztec myth were associated with death in some form, and it's because of this that Tezcatlipoca is so difficult to understand.

He was the god of war, which means battle was the greatest of all his traits. However, as explained above, the souls of those who died in battle were not led to him, but to the east of Teteocan. Tezcatlipoca might sow the seeds of war, but it is another god who reaps the rewards. Nobody really knows who went to his paradise of stillness, we only really know that his was not an underworld like Mictlan or Xibalba. Perhaps his realm was simply there for those warriors who finally deserved some rest?

You finally find him amidst the fog, where he's seen talking with Daybit. Daybit is saying that Chaldea stopped ORT, meaning Tezca's future wasn't true and he was lying, and liars should be punished, so maybe he should go get Quetzalcoatl from the west, but Tezca begs him not to. They then spot you, and drop the conversation. Daybit says he wasn't sure if you'd come here (it was a 50-50), especially since "this is just a detour anyway", but Tezca was sure of it, since you still have to take back the weapon you pawned to him. If you want to return to being a proper Master, that's what you'll have to do. If this is the boundary between life and death, you'll simply take your Master rights back into the world of the living.

Daybit seems kinda surprised you didn't have your Master rights this whole time, especially since you could summon stuff, so Tezca has to explain that summoning was still possible partly thanks to the Underworld Borders and the established bond with Servants, but you never had the "right" to be a Master regardless. Even when he gave the Command Spells to Camazotz, he kept the Master rights for himself. In other words, you were in a constant state of being nerfed this whole time, which Daybit thinks makes a lot of sense in hindsight.

Well, regardless, you're here, so now you'll fight. Here in Mictlampa, the "payment" you made doesn't matter, and you can fight in perfect form. The winner in this battle will have their payment returned: for you it'll be your Command Spells and Master rights, while for Daybit, he'll be allowed to come back to life and a second chance. More specifically, he'll be taken back to the point where he first summoned Tezcatlipoca. He'd get a second chance at ORT destroying the planet, though of course Chaldea would be there the second time again as well. To redo a whole year, all 516,600 minutes. Well, for Daybit it's only a 30 hour period, so it's more than fine.

You ask why he's so intent on destroying the planet, but he thinks that's a really strange question. After all, you are the same, you and he. It's not about responsibility, but a matter of self-satisfaction. Tezca just laughs at this notion, and then proceeds to declare that whoever wins here will be banished from the afterlife.

Tezcatlipoca
    Those who flee, those who dare not kill, and those who doubt their cause. I will never acknowledge such cowards as warriors.
    Your hatred of death is excessive. Nevertheless, given how long you've survived on those convictions, I have no choice but to acknowledge you.
    Man of Chaldea. If your soul is that of a warrior's, then it is as a warrior I shall respond.
    I welcome all warriors.
    For the Aztecs, glory is only granted to victorious warriors, something I too endorse. However...
    Battles have both winners and losers. The efforts, bravery and determination of the losers are not reflected in such an arrangement.
    And that is something I cannot overlook. For those who die in battle ought be rewarded equally.
    As such, mine is the realm of the defeated.
    It welcomes the souls of those who fought bravely, yet were tragically defeated, destined to be forgotten by all.
    These are the ones whose feats I acknowledge, and so I grant them the rest and peace they are worthy of.
    So, which one will it be, Fujimaru?
    Will you lose, pass over to the paradise beyond the horizon, and so earn your rest?
    Or will you win, and return to your battle once more.

Win here, and the seventh Lostbelt officially ends, alongside Nahui Olin, the Fifth Sun. This is the ultimate time to show your resolve and choose between life and death. However, Daybit says your choice does not matter, only your actions. He is certain he will win here.

Daybit
    Chaldea's excessive abuse of the Human Order won't be good enough against the Alien God.
    CHALDEAS---no, Marisbury is not an enemy of mankind.
    Marisbury is an enemy of the universe. And if I'm the only one who could manage to see that---
    Then by destroying the planet, I will make sure that the bad name that would befall humanity never happens.
    You would save the world. I will save the universe.
    Even if our objective of saving mankind is the same, as long as our methods are different, we will have to confront each other.
    Ready yourself, Fujimaru. Neither of us has a handicap now.
    I hereby challenge you to battle not as a Crypter, but as a Master.
    Besides, this will be the last time. Let us see how it'll be to carry out the battle I simulated so many times in that Coffin.

Daybit (battle start)
    Where there are no deaths, no births, and no cycles, there is nothing securing the Human Order, and a god lies in the void. Its name is CHALDEAS. Alien God CHALDEAS.

(During this fight, Daybit uses his 3 Command Spells (since I guess he has them all again here) to buff Tezca at each break bar, as per usual for boss fights, but once you "kill" Tezca in this battle, it does not end. Instead, he revives to full HP, proceeds to fully charge his own NP, and the NP of your entire frontline, while locking your non-NP cards. At this point, you have a single turn to wipe him out with your (up to) three NPs, else he will retaliate with his own and end your stay in Mictlampa. There are no revives here. You must win.)

As expected, when fighting as Masters, then you are the victor. Well, Daybit thinks it's a bit weird he didn't get any other Servants other than Tezcatlipoca, since you'd at least think an almighty god would have some "followers" to make use of, but whatever. What's lost is lost, and the outcome is perfectly clear. As he's about to leave, you stop him and ask if ORT was really the only way he could have fought the Alien God.

Daybit
    ...It was. I'm not able to build up trust with others like you are.
    After I joined the A-Team and understood the truth behind CHALDEAS, it was already too late.
    The completed CHALDEAS is a planet unto itself. Nobody can destroy it.
    I tried to threaten Marisbury into stopping his plan, but he took his own life instead.
    All he said was: "My life or the Securing of the Human Order---which one should I protect? What a silly question."
    At that moment, I had no choice but to play along with his plan. If I wanted to be able to destroy CHALDEAS, I couldn't do it as an outsider.
    My prediction was that the chance to destroy it would only befall those who stayed part of Chaldea until the end.
    In other words, you people. I chose to remain as a Crypter, but---
    Who could've thought that a new Chaldea would fight against the old Chaldea?
    Novum Chaldea, was it? Not a bad name.

He begins walking away, and once more you try to stop him, but Tezcatlipoca tells you to let him be. At this point you're robbing the loser of even their right to exit the stage, and he will not allow that here. You should just see him off. In this moment, there is no one more worthy of Mictlampa than Daybit. Well, he tells you not to worry. This place is like a spa of dreams, but it's not eternal. Once Daybit's rested, he'll be sent right back into battle, and then he'll actually be on the winner's side, he says. This place is just a pit stop, one to prepare you for the next battle.

Tezca returns your Master rights, and says it's a good thing you weren't partnered this time around. He's a god who picks everyone's side in battle, but this time he specifically chose Daybit because of the scope of his destruction. As a god who'd seen so many countries be destroyed, a planet being the target was definitely exciting. Still, he says, there are no battles in which everything is destroyed. You might have ended Mictlan, but you certainly didn't destroy it. Extinction is a common occurrence in Aztec myth, but so is the fact that something comes back afterwards. Even if everything ends, something lives on that can never be destroyed: time.

Tezcatlipoca
    That "something greater" the Deinos were talking about.
    Yeah, that's correct, boy. What the Deinos served was time.
    If the Deinos come over to my paradise, this is what I'll say to 'em: "You guys had one hell of a friend."
    I know you people like to think of time as something you measure. That it accumulates. That it's got significance just 'cause of that.
    But even if you or your countries are destroyed, time will never disappear.
    Humans usually have this idea that they're passengers through time.
    But actually, time's the passenger, and humans are kinda like a river that carries it forth.
    You better put this to memory, Fujimaru. Humans aren't the only ones who whittle away at time.
    There's the time observed by humanity. The time recorded by machines.
    The time that wears away at matter. The time that cools down the planet.
    So long as they're all still around, our world's indestructible.
    It has no end. Even if things disappear, and even if this planet loses its purpose...
    Time will always keep on going toward the future.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    God, these scenes were a delight to TL. Tezcatlipoca's dialogue was so well written; he truly captured me. What a great character.

Story Summary - Epilogue: To Antarctica (& Ordeal Call)

You wake up in the infirmary of the Storm Border, with Mashu by your side, apparently having just woken up herself. It seems you both collapsed on the deck of the Border and were brought here. Well, Mashu didn't have as big of a collapse I guess, since she was up already and was performing the check on you. Nurse says there's nothing too out of the ordinary about either of you, and you haven't suffered any cell damage from the cosmic radiation, so you're free to leave. However, Gordolf wants you to stop by the control room before anything else. Also, before you leave Nurse says that while your strength has returned, you need to take care not to overdo it, because the gist of your fatigue still remains.

Meeting up with Gordolf, he acts all tough, as if everyone but him were worried about you, but Da Vinci snitches about how he wanted updates on you every five minutes, trying to listen for anything Nurse had in the way of news. Kadoc wasn't worried about you though, he knew for sure you'd just wake up and walk away with some oblivious look on your face. There's no point worrying about you. It was also kinda obvious you were fine because Mashu was fine, at least according to Habetrot. Anyway, Fou has returned which apparently clues you in on the fact that the seventh Lostbelt really is gone. Gordolf proceeds to confirm the Lostbelt is gone, as is Daybit and Tezcatlipoca. Mission accomplished.

Now, you've learned that the "Alien World" is actually CHALDEAS. In order to verify what Daybit said, you'll need to head for Antarctica, and return to Chaldea's base. There you must surely find the answer to your questions. What purpose do the Fantasy Trees serve? What was the purpose of bleaching the Earth? What did Marisbury really intend with creating CHALDEAS? Whatever the answers, your goal remains the same: protect the future of pan-human history.

The meeting is adjourned, and everyone heads off, but you stay behind for a bit to speak to Nemo. You hand him something: the "message" Tepeu wanted you to deliver.

Tepeu (flashback)
    Ah yes, one more thing. I have a small favor to ask...
    This is for Captain Nemo. A xoqqer ball I crafted for Marine.
    I thought I should set it aside as a memento, but it is likely that I shall never return here again.
    My feelings were that I had done something inconsiderate to Marine, but now it's too late.
    I mustn't forget the trust he showed me, or the support he lent me...
    Most of all, I mustn't forget the strength he showed at the very end.
    So please, I would ask that you hand this over on my behalf.
    Though we were from different worlds and different humanities, we shared in each other's smiles as proof of our friendship.

Nemo goes quiet for a bit, then says it's nothing, he's probably just looking a bit more miserable than usual. He doesn't really know much about it, but the Marines sure do love football, so he'll happily take it. When Gudao leaves, Nemo thinks on it by himself.

Nemo
    ...No, I won't ever forget it.
    Even if your people's world, and this gift, have to disappear along with the Lostbelt...
    Your 66 million year journey under the earth. A paradise more peaceful and lush than any other.
    Farewell, wise Tepeu. On "my" behalf---thank you for sharing in those smiles.

Cut to somewhere on the blecahed Earth, where "Romani Archaman" and Rasputin are conversing. "If mankind is able to excise all seven Lostbelts, then I will finally acknowledge you as an enemy." That's what Romani had said back in Mictlan, and now that has come to pass. Honestly, Romani wasn't sure if "Chaldea" could even bear to see CHALDEAS as their enemy. He would've thought it impossible, as its human nature to conceal the darker secrets they hold. However...

Romani Archaman
    They do not seem to be the Chaldea I know. This "Novum" Chaldea...
    I suppose they're a brand-new Human Order Security Organization, one meant to demolish Marisbury's Grand Order.

Rasputin says the Alien God's plan was only ever to have Chaldea cull all the Lostbelts. He never imagined they would form some sort of rival organization after the fact, and so he must hurry to get further instructions from the Alien World. Romani wonders if he's not going to recover the Alien God they lost. After all, though her Saint Graph was shattered, it seems some small parts of it still remain, so if you collected all of them, you would be able to put her back together, even as a soulless shell of herself. However, Rasputin says that's not his task, and to be perfectly honest, he'd rather let her rest at this but.

Rasputin
    Let's see... were it up to the other available Apostle---the Count, then he would put her to cruel use.

Romani Archaman
    So there really were seven Apostles of the Alien World.
    Three to monitor and supervise the Crypters on the Lostbelt side: the Presbyter, the Atlas-Slayer, and the Evil Incarnate.
    Three to monitor and guide Chaldea: the Detective, the Professor, and the Count.
    And lastly, the God, their leader.
    Even if Olga Marie herself likely did not know that she was actually a Servant.

But according to Rasputin, there was no need for her to know. She was an unpredicted god born in the Alien World, and nothing more. The fact that she died heroically without even learning that was probably a good thing for her. Now, two Apostles remain. Will they be able to stop Chaldea by themselves? Rasputin thinks that's a matter of course; if he didn't, he wouldn't have let the ship leave so easily. Then again, it's not their place to stop them, anyway. They will become their own hindrance, and if they cannot reckon with what they've accumulated so far, they will be put to judgement of the Human Order itself.

With this, Lostbelt 7 ends, and with it, Cosmos in the Lostbelt. Next we get the "memorial chapter prologue", or more accurately, the prologue for Ordeal Call. This is effectively arc 2.5 (the "EoR" of part 2), and so since this prologue is setting up for something entirely new, I honestly think I'm just not even gonna summarize it. Just read it in-game or watch the video below, it's not that long.

Ugh cokesakto no no no

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Great job. Now the thread OP is fully filled out. I appreciate it. Hopefully it provided a good glimpse into LB7 for a lot of people who don't like watching it on youtube.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    You know, I've been thinking about it, but the fact Ordeal Call is our EoR 2.0 might imply what comes after is another full fledged part 3 with 7 more chapters before we get to kill Maurice. Worst case scenario at least, I'm hoping for a shorter part 3.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    You know, I've been thinking about it, but the fact Ordeal Call is our EoR 2.0 might imply what comes after is another full fledged part 3 with 7 more chapters before we get to kill Maurice. Worst case scenario at least, I'm hoping for a shorter part 3.
    That might be the most cursed thought anyone in this thread has had.
    Like... Jesus Christ.
    burn your dread you coward

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    Chaldeas is it's own planet, so it has 7 singularities now.
    Once you deal with it, Marisbury will spawn 4 pseudo-Lostbelts to protect himself.
    Then you can proceed into last chapter (3 parts: Prologue, Fuyuki, Void).

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    That might be the most cursed thought anyone in this thread has had.
    Like... Jesus Christ.
    I mean, would they really start a part 2.5 if "part 3" will have less than 3 chapters? If we only had like 2 chapters after this extra class filler, why call Ordeal Call its own sub-part?

Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post
    Once you deal with it, Marisbury will spawn 4 pseudo-Lostbelts to protect himself.
    Yeah, the fact it's a planet means you can have singularities and whatnot happening in it, and Chaldea can establish a base there for seasonal events to happen while they're dealing with MaliceBelee

US Friend Code
    I mean, would they really start a part 2.5 if "part 3" will have less than 3 chapters? If we only had like 2 chapters after this extra class filler, why call Ordeal Call its own sub-part?
    Wouldn't make sense to call it Cosmos in the Lostbelt now that the Lostbelts are over, was my assumption.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Synaptic Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post
    And inside Chaldeas is another Chladeas which Marisbury throws us into and we have to go though more singularities to get out. Marisbury's plan for victory is to create enough filler that Nasu dies of old age before the story can reach the point where he is defeated.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Wait, is Ordeal Call actually being called Part 2.5? I thought it was just ppl on Twitter being dumb.
    Like, we're being gatekept from completing Part 2, that's how I always looked at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Wouldn't make sense to call it Cosmos in the Lostbelt now that the Lostbelts are over, was my assumption.
    What I mean is, we got Ordeal Call that's confirmed for at least 3 chapters and hinted at 4, and we're definitely gonna get a new title, new opening and whatnot for whatever comes after Ordeal Call. Would it really make sense for all of what comes after Ordeal Call to last less than a year and be two chapters long? If that were the case, they could have simply finished off the Marisbury arc before starting Ordeal Call.

I think Ordeal Call is gonna be like a year or so, and then part 3 (final marisbury arc for real this time really) to be at least a year too.

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Wait, is Ordeal Call actually being called Part 2.5? I thought it was just ppl on Twitter being dumb.
    Like, we're being gatekept from completing Part 2, that's how I always looked at it.
    It has a new opening, it has a new subtitle, it has a new "code" for its chapters inside the game data, and it has nothing to do with Cosmos in the Lostbelt at all. It's got all the treatment for EoR, sans a new logo, which we will probably get once chapter 1 drops.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    What I mean is, we got Ordeal Call that's confirmed for at least 3 chapters and hinted at 4, and we're definitely gonna get a new title, new opening and whatnot for whatever comes after Ordeal Call. Would it really make sense for all of what comes after Ordeal Call to last less than a year and be two chapters long? If that were the case, they could have simply finished off the Marisbury arc before starting Ordeal Call.

I think Ordeal Call is gonna be like a year or so, and then part 3 (final marisbury arc for real this time really) to be at least a year too.

It has a new opening, it has a new subtitle, it has a new "code" for its chapters inside the game data, and it has nothing to do with Cosmos in the Lostbelt at all. It's got all the treatment for EoR, sans a new logo, which we will probably get once chapter 1 drops.
    Another difference is that the completion of LB7 wasn't different to any other Lostbelt, we're still in the same mission. Solomon ended with a big "Order Restored" sign on the mission complete screen. LB7 gave you the regular "Cosmos Denial".
    Yes, it can be something akin to EoR, but it doesn't necessarily have to be an interim arc between Part 2 and Part 3.

That being said, what you've said is still compelling evidence that I didn't know of. And I must say I'm quite disheartened at the likelihood of it now.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    With their release output? I highly doub't they'll finish Ordeal Call before the 2 year mark.

That said, i can believe padding this out even further knowing Nasu and co even if they only said 10 years.
    Last edited by Delastogos; February 25th, 2023 at 09:01 PM.