Page 283 of 286 FirstFirst ... 183233273278281282283284285 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,660 of 5703

Thread: [FGO JP Main Chapter] Lostbelt 7: Nahui Mictlan ~ The One Who Rules the Planet

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Maybe he just needs the shape of it because he can then fill the inside with whatever he wants, and having the same shape is enough to make it the real thing.

This actually makes me wonder though. Was Bleaching of Earth always a part of Marisbury's plan or was the fact that humanity has no future beyond 2017 something that Marisbury had no influence on? If he just wanted to swap Earth and CHALDEAS then there was surely no need to bleach it. If just the shape is enough, then there is no need to do it. Or does Bleaching of CHALDEAS' world just makes it more similar to Earth somehow?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If it's something unrelated to the advancement of the Animusphere plot, it would have happened in non-FGO timelines. And shitty as those may be, EXTRA, Requiem, Sango, and Notes had futures past 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Maybe he just needs the shape of it because he can then fill the inside with whatever he wants, and having the same shape is enough to make it the real thing.
    The main things that are being pointed out are observation and anchoring. And the fact that it's still being brought up as a mystery suggests the answer is important to the future plot, despite the Fantasy Trees being destroyed. If CHALDEAS works similarly, then it should be able to anchor a texture, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    If it's something unrelated to the advancement of the Animusphere plot, it would have happened in non-FGO timelines. And shitty as those may be, EXTRA, Requiem, Sango, and Notes had futures past 2017.
    Yeah but that doesn't mean that there can't be some never before seen element, right? And as we've seen with the lostbelts, one difference in the past can make a huge change in the present. Like how failure to forge Excalibur in time led to the world that is basically nothing like ours.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKajin View Post
    So with limited information, I think the implication here is that simply having the shape of the cosmos/galaxy is what allows precise observation of said object and thereby anchors the Lostbelt texture. It's observation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    "
    Stars
    The shape of stars
    Cosmos
    The shape of cosmos
    Gods
    The shape of gods
    Animus
    The shape of myself
    ."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Link0306's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    "
    Stars
    The shape of stars
    Cosmos
    The shape of cosmos
    Gods
    The shape of gods
    Animus
    The shape of myself
    ."
    …god damn it

Cosmos in the Lostbelt, baby

JP Friend Code
    I wonder if Marisbury is using galaxies because that would be the peak of his astronomy magic, or if they have some special significance beyond that.
    Now I'm picturing how it would work for other mages. Imagine Rin having to steal the hope diamond or something

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Link0306's Avatar
    Imagine if Rin had access to Ishtar’s stash, she would be invincible

Or at least she could probably remake the gem sword.

- - - Updated - - -

Also it’s super funny that in Heaven’s Feel, Rin just blows up her gem sword.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TresserT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    This actually makes me wonder though. Was Bleaching of Earth always a part of Marisbury's plan or was the fact that humanity has no future beyond 2017 something that Marisbury had no influence on? If he just wanted to swap Earth and CHALDEAS then there was surely no need to bleach it. If just the shape is enough, then there is no need to do it. Or does Bleaching of CHALDEAS' world just makes it more similar to Earth somehow?
    This has been my thinking for a while. We now know that Olga, who fell into CHALDEAS, was Subject E. While it could be a red herring, it also seems that Olga caused the bleaching by bringing down those alien things. We know that Olga falling into CHALDEAS, and thus the entire Subject E thread, was a fluke caused by Lev which nobody, Marisbury or Goetia, had planned for. I don't think it's a coincidence that humanity on CHALDEAS ended exactly 100 years and 1 day after Chaldea secured the human order.

The swapping may have been part of Marisbury's plan all along, but I wouldn't be surprised if the bleaching itself was unintentional. He may have intended to swap a perfectly happy world of CHALDEAS with the Earth, but Subject E deliberately timed things to fuck him over.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The Animusphere plot is what caused the FGO timeline to be different, but several things happened as a result of it which Marisbury did not plan for. Goetia's incineration occuring in 2016 happened because Goetia foresaw Marisbury's plan, but the incineration was an unexpected element for Marisbury. Likewise, Olga falling into CHALDEAS was not something Marisbury anticipated.

In other words, it's possible (though perhaps unlikely) that the bleaching was indirectly caused by Marisbury's plans without him having any knowledge of it, similar to the incineration.
    Last edited by TresserT; February 28th, 2023 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Parzivus View Post
    I wonder if Marisbury is using galaxies because that would be the peak of his astronomy magic, or if they have some special significance beyond that.
    Now I'm picturing how it would work for other mages. Imagine Rin having to steal the hope diamond or something
    Two things to keep in mind: Fantasy Trees have the shape of a galaxy, CHALDEAS has the shape of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by TresserT View Post
    This has been my thinking for a while. We now know that Olga, who fell into CHALDEAS, was Subject E. While it could be a red herring, it also seems that Olga caused the bleaching by bringing down those alien things. We know that Olga falling into CHALDEAS, and thus the entire Subject E thread, was a fluke caused by Lev which nobody, Marisbury or Goetia, had planned for. I don't think it's a coincidence that humanity on CHALDEAS ended exactly 100 years and 1 day after Chaldea secured the human order.

The swapping may have been part of Marisbury's plan all along, but I wouldn't be surprised if the bleaching itself was unintentional. He may have intended to swap a perfectly happy world of CHALDEAS with the Earth, but Subject E deliberately timed things to fuck him over.

The Animusphere plot is what caused the FGO timeline to be different, but several things happened as a result of it which Marisbury did not plan for. Goetia's incineration occuring in 2016 happened because Goetia foresaw Marisbury's plan, but the incineration was an unexpected element for Marisbury. Likewise, Olga falling into CHALDEAS was not something Marisbury anticipated.

In other words, it's possible (though perhaps unlikely) that the bleaching was indirectly caused by Marisbury's plans without him having any knowledge of it, similar to the incineration.
    Da Vinci basically says at the start of LB7 that swapping textures would destroy the planet, unless what it was being swapped with was already bleached. It was necessary for the swap, basically, and therefore necessary for Marisbury's plan.
    Last edited by VTKajin; February 28th, 2023 at 03:54 PM.

Actually, I don't remember if it was stated directly in the game but...

Babbage in Traum says that Goetia deliberately chose to steal energy from the past working backwards from 2016 because he knew that humanity had no future past that year. And at the same time, CHALDEAS was unable to confirm the existence of humanity in the year 2117. These two are very close in meaning but can be interpreted very differently. Goetia's plan was working directly against Marisbury's plan so we can assume that he foresaw that the swap would happen in 2017. At the same time, CHALDEAS and SHEBA were unable to confirm the existence of humanity in the year 2117 but if it was capable of simulating Earth 100 years into the future, then it would have raised an alarm the moment it got activated, no? We know from Bluebook's account that humanity HAS existed some time before 2117. Basically, I'm wondering if Marisbury's and Goetia's plans clashed in pursuit of the same goal. Goetia foresaw that the Earth will be bleached in 2017 due to the swap with CHALDEAS and so tried to stop it while being unaware that it's Marisbury's plan of ensuring Human Order in the event human extinction 100 years into the future.

Da Vinci basically says at the start of LB7 that swapping textures would destroy the planet, unless what it was being swapped with was already bleached. It was necessary for the swap, basically, and therefore necessary for Marisbury's plan.
    I didn't know that, and that actually explains a lot.

So something else I've been thinking about. We know that Olga getting thrown into CHALDEAS was not part of Marisbury's plan. But I've been focused on what she did once she got inside CHALDEAS, when that might have been backwards- Marisbury did have some plan for Olga, it just didn't involve her getting thrown into CHALDEAS. Which means he intended for her to remain on Earth.

What if Olga actually did do everything according to plan, but did it in the wrong place? If Marisbury had always intended the swap, but intended for Olga to remain on Earth, then the bleaching logically would have had to have occured on Earth's texture rather than CHALDEAS's. What I'm trying to say is, like, what if Marisbury's planned sequence of events was:
    >Secure CHALDEAS's Human Order (to make sure he wasn't replacing Earth with a dead planet)
    >Have Olga bleach Earth's texture
    >Swap Earth's Texture and CHALDEAS's texture
    We now have a perfectly happy civilization observing a blank ball in Antractica. The difference being that, following the Reality Marble/World Egg theory which is what I believe caused the swap, the Cosmos would be inside that blank ball.

What would have gone wrong here is that Olga bleached CHALDEAS's texture instead of Earth's texture, so now we have a deas civilization observing a live one. If Marisbury's goal was to hatch a world egg then he'll still succeed, but now he'll be destroying all of humanity by doing so.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You're getting things mixed up. What Da Vinci said was something to the effect of 'you cannot get rid of the surface (bleach it) of the Earth without also damaging the planet UNLESS you simply switched it out with something already bleached'

I just reread OC's prologue. Da Vinci says that it's the destruction (Bleaching) of human civilization in this way that would destroy the planet, not the swap itself. Remember how CHALDEAS cracked and turned white in the beginning of Part 2? I think that was when CHALDEAS Earth was actually bleached. She doesn't say anything about swapping textures being destructive, after all, nobody would have any way to notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    You're getting things mixed up. What Da Vinci said was something to the effect of 'you cannot get rid of the surface (bleach it) of the Earth without also damaging the planet UNLESS you simply switched it out with something already bleached'
    My mistake, but same difference in the end, I guess. CHALDEAS can be bleached because it's a simulation and won't hurt a physical planet. That being said... it's still ambiguous whether the bleaching or the swap is the goal, or if they're different goals of different actors.

US Friend Code
    God, the first opening for CitL shows the world being bleached and then right after that has a close-up of CHALDEAS turning white.

Quote Originally Posted by TresserT View Post
    >Have Olga bleach Earth's texture
    As Rasputin said, she was not originally part of the plan and became a god by accident. Personally, I don't think bleaching was part of the Evil Guy plan. Rather, when Malsbury created Chaldea, he needed someone to control her - the Administrator. The Administrator was Olga's soul (the priestess). When our Olga was later thrown into the Chaldea, she was given Administrator (god) rights and when she was tortured in Area 51 at some point she wished that the world would disappear. The world literally disappeared. What do you do when you find out you have an unwanted administrator in your system? You try to kick him out of the system. Most likely the whole point of planting the tree in the Lostbelt was to get Olga out of Chaldea.

Olga falling into CHALDEAS was not part of Marisbury's big plan. Olga herself definitely was- we know that from Case Files. Basically I'm wondering, what would have happened differently had Olga not fallen into CHALDEAS? Would she have bleached the Earth instead, and then swapped the bleached Texture onto CHALDEAS?