Page 48 of 286 FirstFirst ... 38434647484950535898148 ... LastLast

Thread: [FGO JP Main Chapter] Lostbelt 7: Nahui Mictlan ~ The One Who Rules the Planet

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Nasu doesn't retcon(lol). It was all planned from the beginning(source:trust me bro).

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastor View Post
    So the devs can retcon already released stories if Nasu changes things in writing, I bet certain shitposters are going to go wild with this proof though.
    Nothing new, they did the same with the way Kintoki called Tsuna back in London after Heian-kyo's release.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Nothing new, they did the same with the way Kintoki called Tsuna back in London after Heian-kyo's release.
    What changed specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by PossiblyATrout View Post
    There is such a thing as making a character too pathetic, doubly so considering how she was in Olympus and Tunguska - which was not like this.
    Are you talking about the Olga with the power to blow up all the fucking place but never managed to kill someone and was succesfully momentarily incapacited?

Quote Originally Posted by TresserT View Post
    Firstly, Orion giving up his Grand status in Atlantis means that iteration of Orion lost the Grand class container. There's nothing stopping the world from just summoning Orion again as a Grand. It's like how in FZO Diarmuid breaks his spear, and then that iteration of Diarmuid no longer has the spear, but that doesn't stop anyone else from summoning Diarmuid with that spear. The only grand who can never be summoned again i ls Solomon for obvious reasons.

Secondly, I took the 7 Grands she fought to be placeholders. In the same way Shadow Gil was used as a placeholder for QSH back during Jing Ke's old interlude. But that's just how I took it.

Thirdly, Fate has never been about power levels, it's always been about type matchups. We don't know the full deal behind Kuku or Tezcat (or even Olga for that matter), and Olga does state that the fight with seven grands was epic and she did get injured during it. Tezcat might be equal to Kuku in terms of power, but he may have had a worse matchup than she does. Plus given Tezcat's personalify he could very easily have been jobbing. He's someone who just wants lots of death, so there's really no reason for him to be super against Olga.

Relatedly, I find it kind of weird that Tezcat is Grand Berserker (and I don't think it was actually confirmed in chapter? Just assumed, albeit fairly). With Quirinus it was hammered pretty hard that gods can't become Grands and that Quirinus was a huge exception.
    Nope. Grands that lost their title can never be a Grand again. That much has been said and is of the few things we know for certain about Grands.

I'm only working with second hand info about this dream sequence but it just can't be possible.

Grand Assassin title is lost until further notice as their unique candidate lost the title.
    Orion lost the title.
    Quirinus I think lost the title too.

I think it should be possible to summon Castoria. There shouldn't be nothing agaist it.

I don't really know nothing about Tezca. How is he even Berserker? Is not presicely the image of madness. About the god clausule I suppose he is in the same boat that Quetzalcoatlh? A parasite possessing someone?

Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    Are you talking about the Olga with the power to blow up all the fucking place but never managed to kill someone and was succesfully momentarily incapacited?
    The same Olga that would have destroyed Olympus were it not for Kirsch briefly surprising her with his last trump card and the same Olga that effortlessly destroyed the Wandering Sea? Yeah, I suppose I am talking about her, what of it?

Blog Entries
    Feels like Daybit and Mist Mirror are trying to lure MC down the the 9th level of this world. He was only descending to find his friends, but not targeting to go all the way down. They are showing ORT's eventually awakening perhaps to get MC's ass down and do something about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Everything about the framing here indicates it wasn’t a dream, it was just a flashback. Chapter 1 has her saying she’s just back from killing all those Grands. Chapter 5 ends on her saying she’ll try dreaming but insists on her belief that this is not part of her bodily functions. Then her dream portrays events stated to have happened, and the awkwardness of her attempt to celebrate her successful dream with Fujimaru comes from Fujimaru knowing the event happened in real life.

Besides, Olga would need to know what all Grands looked like to be able to include them all in a dream.
    Seeing how Mist Mirror commented that Olga is back for revenge in the last chapter of 2.7.1, I think it is more likely the battle indeed occurred but ended up with the Grands kicking her ass.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssgth View Post
    What changed specifically?
    Sorry, I misremembered. It's actually in Rashomon Event.
    It changes from yarou(bastard) to aniki(bro)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Unlike other mobile games, Nasu is the boss here, so he can do whatever he wants

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Shlugo's Avatar
    I wonder why Daybit needs a spacesuit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shlugo View Post
    I wonder why Daybit needs a spacesuit.
    I think it is tailor made for MC. MC and gang were able to get through the second Netherrealm thanks to the stuff Daybit bough for him. Sure, it is another set, but it is setting up the plot that Daybit is actually guiding and luring MC down the different levels of the world.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    I think it is tailor made for MC. MC and gang were able to get through the second Netherrealm thanks to the stuff Daybit bough for him. Sure, it is another set, but it is setting up the plot that Daybit is actually guiding and luring MC down the different levels of the world.
    Daybit acting like speed runner giving necessary quest items to MC before starting the quest.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PossiblyATrout View Post
    The same Olga that would have destroyed Olympus were it not for Kirsch briefly surprising her with his last trump card and the same Olga that effortlessly destroyed the Wandering Sea? Yeah, I suppose I am talking about her, what of it?
    Your mistake is trying to take her seriously from the start with her wacky design. An understandable mistake, given that the story tries to portray her as both scary and ridiculous and only manages the latter at the cost of the former, but a mistake nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    Daybit acting like speed runner giving necessary quest items to MC before starting the quest.
    Which makes his end goals interesting. What is so bad about Chaldeas that awakening ORT to make it eat Earth seems a better situation? Maybe Chaldeas will open a void (no pun intended) to the universe which will cause a greater calamity?

Btw has been mentioned what made the surface so uninhabitable than the Dinos need to live underworld? is another case of lol Sefar?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Meteor.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle dualblade's Avatar
    Hey there hi there mostly lurking but quick thing.

Nope. Grands that lost their title can never be a Grand again. That much has been said and is of the few things we know for certain about Grands.

I'm only working with second hand info about this dream sequence but it just can't be possible.

Grand Assassin title is lost until further notice as their unique candidate lost the title.
    Isn't King Hassan summoned as Grand Assassin again for Arcade's fight against Beast VI, which has to happen after II due to Alter Ego Tiamat being a thing only after her stint as Beast II? This would say that they are not PERMANTELY lost as a Grand candidate, just that specific summoned version of themselves. A fresh copy could still be summoned as a Grand again when needed.

Aside from that a theory for why all 7 Grands could lose to Olga: They weren't working with a living human at the time. Our Grand Caster and Assassin won their fights be fighting alongside living humans, and Grand Rider lost hard against VI on his own but was able to do much better working alongside Chaldea. The Beasts are a trial for humanity, most likely LIVING humanity which would be why Grands do much better working with them instead of on their own even as a group.
    Last edited by dualblade; December 27th, 2022 at 10:24 PM. Reason: typo

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Btw has been mentioned what made the surface so uninhabitable than the Dinos need to live underworld? is another case of lol Sefar?
    The meteor that was supposed to kill the dinos, but the dinos were smart enough to move underground this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Your mistake is trying to take her seriously from the start with her wacky design. An understandable mistake, given that the story tries to portray her as both scary and ridiculous and only manages the latter at the cost of the former, but a mistake nonetheless.
    Then perhaps the story shouldn't have tried to make her seem like an entirely serious antagonistic force and have her take actions that solidify her as that. All I'm saying.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    This. She was always supposed to be goofy, and then use that with her threat level to create the fear equivalent of gap moe.

The issue is that she's so ridiculously silly that it just doesn't work.