Page 49 of 286 FirstFirst ... 39444748495051545999149 ... LastLast

Thread: [FGO JP Main Chapter] Lostbelt 7: Nahui Mictlan ~ The One Who Rules the Planet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PossiblyATrout View Post
    Then perhaps the story shouldn't have tried to make her seem like an entirely serious antagonistic force and have her take actions that solidify her as that. All I'm saying.
    It's not that serious, she's literally dressed as a clown. Stop being so edgy.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    She can be antagonistic and dangerous but also incredibly silly. And also, I'm pretty sure the whole thing is just a giant hint that Chaldea might not be the right history or detrimental/unnecessary for Earth, something to that extent (while also doing a much needed exploration of Olga's character in FGO game proper), since in this manner we can actually learn one thing: she by all intents and purposes wants to help the planet, and is completely fine with destroying a Lostbelt, but she doesn't know what Chaldea is after her memory is gone. This can be a hint that destroying Chaldea could actually help the Earth somehow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    She can be antagonistic and dangerous but also incredibly silly. And also, I'm pretty sure the whole thing is just a giant hint that Chaldea might not be the right history or detrimental/unnecessary for Earth, something to that extent (while also doing a much needed exploration of Olga's character in FGO game proper), since in this manner we can actually learn one thing: she by all intents and purposes wants to help the planet, and is completely fine with destroying a Lostbelt, but she doesn't know what Chaldea is after her memory is gone. This can be a hint that destroying Chaldea could actually help the Earth somehow.
    Just don't end it with it is all a dream and everyone lost their memories of everything and never know each other. Its cheesy and cliche.

The Chaldea under Marisbilly and the one under and succeeding Roman are two different things

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Meteor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuzu View Post
    The meteor that was supposed to kill the dinos, but the dinos were smart enough to move underground this time.
    Ok. But why is the surface still uninhabitable? that meteor didn't fuck things permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    Ok. But why is the surface still uninhabitable? that meteor didn't fuck things permanently.
    iirc Olga did remark the planet is being sluggish about recovering after the Meteor

so that must mean something, Tepeu I think also mentioned that the surface is still burning,too

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Olga asks why the deinos live underground. Tepeu relates that a meteor impact in the distant past that made the surface uninhabitable, so the dinosaurian mankind escaped to this underground space created by Maia. Now tens of thousands of years later, the surface is still burning. Olga is shocked at how lazy the planet is being about its recovery.
    Last edited by Kyan_Zennaro; December 28th, 2022 at 12:04 AM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    It's still a mystery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Olga asks why the deinos live underground. Tepeu relates that a meteor impact in the distant past that made the surface uninhabitable, so the dinosaurian mankind escaped to this underground space created by Maia. Now tens of thousands of years later, the surface is still burning. Olga is shocked at how lazy the planet is being about its recovery.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    It's still a mystery.
    I wonder if this is why ORT is waking up. Earth is not recovering and might not be even responding to his call, so he concludes that Earth is dead and wakes up and feast.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Wait, does Gordolf still have Koyanskaya's lipstick?

fuck's sake
    Cringe but also kinda based
    sasuga Goredolf

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    Cringe but also kinda based
    sasuga Goredolf
    While it caused trouble during 2.3, having the lipstick was why the Border crew were able to survive

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Wait, does Gordolf still have Koyanskaya's lipstick?

fuck's sake
    I don't even know what to say to this. Man's got it bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    He's down so bad.
    Imagine how he'd treat a woman who didn't betray or try to murder him.
    Last edited by Hermitfold; December 27th, 2022 at 11:50 PM.

US Friend Code
    Didn't he destroy it indignantly back in LB3?

Also, how did they fake out that bloody Chaldea massacre? Guda and Mash are really traumatized there.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, that fake-out was way too cheap, I'm kinda disappointed.

Blog Entries

Also, how did they fake out that bloody Chaldea massacre? Guda and Mash are really traumatized there.
    He just threw it on the floor and then into the bin. It was commented that the Chaldean crew can't find the lipstick when they clear the trash back then.

As for the bloodbath, it is part illusion magic and part reality after the battle between the Chaldean+Light Koyan against the Jaguars.

Speaking of that, I think it is pretty cheap that even if you use Mashu and Harbot for that battle where the Jaguars took Marine hostage, it is still count as you disregarding Marine's safety for victory.

Koyan throws smokebombs so the rest can sneak into the border and set up the fake death scene illusion with magic that doesn't even make any sense because even if the idea is the cartel would think they killed them all in the smoke screen, they say that they've been there banging on the door this whole time anyway so how did they not notice it was fake, or better yet, if they're just gonna hang around anyway then what's even the point of the illusion since they obviously know they're not dead, other than to trick the reader for a whole like 2 minutes before revealing they're all fine, including the guy who literally got shot through the heart AND head at point blank range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TresserT's Avatar
    Someone already responded to the whole Grand thing and I feel the same way. Not gonna bother responding since they got my argument across well.

Pivoting from lore discussion, based on Olga's stats I was able to calculate some stuff.

Olga's lore parameters are likely A strength, EX endurance, A++ mana, and C agility. I couldn't calculate her luck because no matter what it is it breaks precedents, but it's likely either B or E-.

Olga's class gets an inherent 1.2x bonus to the attack and HP stats, which is wild because the highest we've seen is Avenger with 1.05x bonus to attack. Olga's class probably has 10 base stargen (dead average) and 20% death rate (which is pretty good). I can't calculate her class's base NP gen because she uses the alternative NP gen formula. I also can't accurately calculate her class's starweight, but it's probably either 95 or 99.

The TL;DR is, Olga's stats do not match any existing class. We're either getting a new really wild class, or this class will remain story only (more likely). Either way, Olga's stats line up with those of an SSR, just in a wild class, so the rumors about a 6 star rarity proooooobably won't turn out to be true. Her Paramaters are also probably A STR, EX END, A++ MANA, C AGI, and either B or E- LUCK.

Btw, for anyone who didn't know, a Servant's in game stats are determined almost entirely by their class, rarity, and lore parameters. Attack and NP gen aren't determined by throwing darts at a dart board- they're determined by a specific formula based on the factors I mentioned. There's another hidden parameter that I call "lean", which isn't listed in the Servant's lore aa Servant can either have attack bias, attack lean, balance, defense lean, or defense bias. In addition to their lore parameters, a Servant's lean will also affect their attack and HP. That's how I can calculate Olga's parameters and class bonuses given her in game stats.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PossiblyATrout View Post
    Then perhaps the story shouldn't have tried to make her seem like an entirely serious antagonistic force and have her take actions that solidify her as that. All I'm saying.
    To put in my 2 cents as others have stated time and time again, you are looking too much at the POWER U-Olga Marie has and not her PERSONALITY.
    Villains who have goofy personalities but do some serious shit is a tale as old as time and I can literally name a major one right now:

Kefka.

U-Olga Marie was always a joke even in her first outing. For pete sake, she literally ran off in Olympus because SHE DIDN'T EXPECT ANY ACTUAL RESISTANCE ONCE SHE ARRIVED! She fully believed that the instant she would appear, everyone would just roll over and allow themselves to die and be ruled by her.
    How is that not meant to make her look so stupid? Hell, for all of her pragmatism, she equally allowed dumb shit to happen on her own watch because of her sheer ego.
    Lostbelt 7 didn't change shit about U-Olga Marie because U-Olga Marie... is still Olga Marie at the end of the day.
    A woman who in every single bit of media is seen more of a major load that puts her all into something even if she doesn't like it just to be praised by someone.
    Basically, she was always pitiful... kinda like Sakura... but the instant you give that person unfathomable power, they become a threat, no matter how goofy or pitiful they are.

Blog Entries
    Yes, but dormant. Something about PHH keeps it from awakening. Tezca implies the Lostbelt seems to provide perfect environs for it to awake.
    A dead planet where humans are surviving as a civilization.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dingo View Post
    A dead planet where humans are surviving as a civilization.
    But the underground is very much alive though, so it still doesn't justify ORT's awakening

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Koyan throws smokebombs so the rest can sneak into the border and set up the fake death scene illusion with magic that doesn't even make any sense because even if the idea is the cartel would think they killed them all in the smoke screen, they say that they've been there banging on the door this whole time anyway so how did they not notice it was fake, or better yet, if they're just gonna hang around anyway then what's even the point of the illusion since they obviously know they're not dead, other than to trick the reader for a whole like 2 minutes before revealing they're all fine, including the guy who literally got shot through the heart AND head at point blank range.
    To be fair, Illusions in the Nasuverse can get really detailed to the point the strongest ones(Like Merlin's and Prelati's) can fool the World and believe it's real.
    I can believe Koyanskaya can make a real enough illusion that sound and even people can be replicated and yes, even die.
    It's not the most insane thing to be fair.

EDIT: That and Koyanskaya most likely pulled it on Mash and Ritsuka as well so they couldn't tell and would be terrified because... she is a bitch.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    He just threw it on the floor and then into the bin. It was commented that the Chaldean crew can't find the lipstick when they clear the trash back then.

As for the bloodbath, it is part illusion magic and part reality after the battle between the Chaldean+Light Koyan against the Jaguars.

Speaking of that, I think it is pretty cheap that even if you use Mashu and Harbot for that battle where the Jaguars took Marine hostage, it is still count as you disregarding Marine's safety for victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    I see, thanks. Though admittedly, I'm not satisfied with the way it worked so much as the impact. Would've been better if the actual crew were a little far away from the Storm Border to make it less jarring.