Page 184 of 286 FirstFirst ... 84134174179182183184185186189194234284 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 5703

Thread: [FGO JP Main Chapter] Lostbelt 7: Nahui Mictlan ~ The One Who Rules the Planet

Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    Or maybe Nasu just wanted to troll players who still insist on adding Tsuki characters in the main FGO plot. "Here's your Arcueid and Shiki, but hey, you never said I couldn't use a LB version of them".
    Yeah, many people were expecting normal Arc. I wasn't expecting anything myself but I take what I can get.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post
    I may be stupid, but...
    How exactly would you take "you can resurrect her but without soul" any other way? It's just them discussing what you can do with corpse. Like Goetia used Solomon's I assume.
    without a SOUL is a vague term in the Nasuverse, it does not usually mean "a vegetable of a body"

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Do you mean it practically or emotionally? If you mean it practically, we don't have an answer yet. If you mean it emotionally, if you didn't already get it, you probably won't ever get it.
    60/40. I don’t understand why U-Olga existed, especially after what was said at the end of this chapter - how she was merely an Apostle, how Kirei regarded her as unintended yet nonetheless the Apostles still worked to resurrect her and sundry else - and while I understand that explanation you gave, it just doesn’t seem organic to me. Again, it comes across like Nasu or whoever else just not really knowing what to do with her character beyond conking her on the noggin and making her forget everything.

Does Tepeu ever use his MeoDP for anything or is it just like "haha when i take off my glasses i can see crazy lines, weird right?"

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    When did her amnesia truly occur? From the summary, it seems that it was caused by Tezca ripping her heart out. But then, when did that happen? In the prologue before ORT-Kuku chop, she still acted Alien God-y. Afterward the amnesia plot kicked in. Kinda confused with the chronology here.

漆黒の翼 Jet-Black Wings Nyarly Alter's Avatar
    Goetia said it's possible to reassemble the Saint Graph, but it will have no soul. What is there to interpret?
    Since it will have no soul, it will be just empty Saint Graph, probably used to make some boss beast or empower the Count himself.
    He said she'll be "soulless and a shadow of her former self", right? Maybe he meant she'll lose all the confidence she gained as U-Olga as well as her memories with Chaldea and return to the complete emotional wreck she was as a human, and that is why he thought there was no point in rebuilding her.

JP Friend Code
    Checked and yeah, both of them had their dates shifted. We didn't get this confirmation on when Pan-Human ORT arrived, but I'm also no longer seeing any reason to believe this part of the old lore changed.

That's very unnecessarily convoluted though. All the story needed was Malla arriving before ORT this time, so why not shift only Malla to 300mi and keep ORT always as the K-Pg meteor?
    Other than Nasu being overly convoluted, my best guess is Nasu wants to justify ORT being an unwanted invader in the LB. In PHH its arrival seems to never caused any huge events other than becoming the boogeyman of the magis, probably because it was invited by the planet so it landed with a plan (and funny enough it still arrived early before Notes). But in the LB it crashed and got destroyed so hard it took so long to regenerate, turning the surface into hellish landscape and hunger for more by going down to Mictlan. Confused ORT was unhappy I guess.
    Good finding, I didn't know about that and just when with guessing base on the katakana lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Understandable since at the time there's no foreshadowing whatsoever, except Tepeu being reluctant to talk about the observatory.
    Does this Dead Apostle Dino count?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I may be stupid, but...
    How exactly would you take "you can resurrect her but without soul" any other way? It's just them discussing what you can do with corpse. Like Goetia used Solomon's I assume.
    It's assuming that just because the characters proclaim that's going to happen that's the only way things could possibly go and there'll be no change whatsoever.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    Damn, I think Nasu shied away answering who would win Arc or ORT. I guess it makes sense. He just wanted to have his OTP make a cameo in some shape or form. He is saving stuff for future Tsuki sequels.
    Probably. And that is a good thing because this LB destroyed my braincells with the furry Tsukihime collab and uwu ORT.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Does this Dead Apostle Dino count?
    Sure, it all came in a drove in Part 2, but I was referring to Part 1, since no one would even begin to think about Tepeu being DinoTohno at the time.

Goetia said it's possible to reassemble the Saint Graph, but it will have no soul. What is there to interpret?
    Since it will have no soul, it will be just empty Saint Graph, probably used to make some boss beast or empower the Count himself.
    She will obviously still look like Olga and probably regain her soul after some asspull. U-Olga never used her NP, of course she is coming back.
    Last edited by rocohanda; February 1st, 2023 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PossiblyATrout View Post
    Her character as U-Olga only seemed to begin after her bout of convenient amnesia. Until then she was nothing like the Olga from before, and she was hardly given any time of day to begin with.
    U-Olga's 'character' barely even existed before LB7. She has a few short scenes, mostly consisting of her playing it up as a villain. Then she loses a reason to play the act up and that's where we get more about her.

I feel like people are overly concerned with U-Olga specifically, treating her as a separate character rather than extension to Olga's character arc. I don't think that interpretation really makes sense given the way that Olga has been handled since Part 2 entered planning.

I can believe that Olga was originally intended to be a disposable character that only later did Nasu have ideas for. But that happened at the beginning of Part 2's planning, not anytime after. Stuff about Olga started coming out once Part 2 entered serious production, and notably, basically none of it has anything to do with U-Olga specifically. Olga's stuff frequently revolves around her relationship with her father, her relationship with Chaldea, and her role as a director, but basically none of it is "Olga's character arc is about her becoming a villain who LARPs as a space alien"

Olga's character is a lot more important to Part 2 than her role is. There are criticisms to be levied against her for sure. Some people seem to think she's just a milquetoast waifu for the self-insertCHADs in the audience. That's a personal thing, I disagree, but I can see how some people might come to that conclusion. Some people think Olga needed more stuff in the game before LB7, as a lot of things about Olga are present mainly in side material. That's not too unusual for Fate, but I certainly think the reception to her would've been warmer if we had more character building moments in the game itself, and if she didn't take until Olympus to reveal herself.

However I think saying her role makes "no sense" basically only works if you were only ever interested in U-Olga as a villain, as a narrative device rather than a character. I think if you were interested in who Olga Marie Animusphere was as a person, especially before Olympus, LB7 is a great victory.

And to be honest? U-Olga the villain was not that interesting. Waifu in a clown outfit who says basic evil stuff. I feel like any genuine interest people had in this idea basically boils down to people writing fanfiction in their head about how the whole Beast VII thing would go.

Even looking at it beyond villainy, it just seems disappointing.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Formless Creature View Post
    Does Tepeu ever use his MeoDP for anything or is it just like "haha when i take off my glasses i can see crazy lines, weird right?"
    Unfortunately, the latter. I really hate it in the ORT marathon when Beni imbues death on ORT and Tepeu gets his NFF submachine gun because it really got me expecting him shooting some of ORT's newly gained lines.

Imagine an animated cutscene of Tepeu shooting ORT's line and the damage causing new lines to spread like growing cracks on glass. That's what we were so close to getting and, for no good reason, didn't.

My copium will be that the animated cutscene didn't make it because of the rush to avoid further delays. I refuse to believe Nasu would have not seen this opportunity.

I may be stupid, but...
    Extella style? Mind without a Soul can still function perfectly fine, provided it has a frame to be attached to, in this case being the Saint Graph...in the Mooncell, anyway.
    Although I presume that for a god, it should be possible just as well. Space Ishtar comes to mind too.

Unfortunately, the latter. I really hate it in the ORT marathon when Beni imbues death on ORT and Tepeu gets his NFF submachine gun because it really got me expecting him shooting some of ORT's newly gained lines.

Imagine an animated cutscene of Tepeu shooting ORT's line and the damage causing new lines to spread like growing cracks on glass. That's what we were so close to getting and, for no good reason, didn't.

My copium will be that the animated cutscene didn't make it because of the rush to avoid further delays. I refuse to believe Nasu would have not seen this opportunity.
    speaking of, was the Random King Hassan story support in part 1 adressed in Part 2, or did Beni learn how to Azrael Off-screen without mentioning him?

Quote Originally Posted by PossiblyATrout View Post
    Even looking at it beyond villainy, it just seems disappointing.
    There isn't much I can say to change your mind, then. I feel it's best to wait until we get proper translations of everything, and then perhaps your feelings will change. If they don't then I guess we can just chalk it up to either "you didn't really care much about Olga and the new stuff we've gotten doesn't change that" or "the way Nasu chose to write this story doesn't mesh well with what you were looking for", neither of which I can blame you for.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    She wanted to consume ORT because she was scared by Kirschtaria's attack and wanted to be so strong that no one from Earth will even think about attacking her.
    I do have to wonder if part of the reasons she was scared is because it was Kirsch's attack in particular. She must have had some complicated feelings about him, regardless of what she did or did not remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitfold View Post
    I do have to wonder if part of the reasons she was scared is because it was Kirsch's attack in particular. She must have had some complicated feelings about him, regardless of what she did or did not remember.
    Olga's deification seems to have messed up her sense of identity, but it does seem like one thing she does at least get inklings of are feelings she had when she was just Olga. Maybe it's connected to her ability to see emotions as colors.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gelious's Avatar
    Are we absolutely sure Count who guides Chaldea can't be Vlad? He was helping us out in Traum.