Page 185 of 286 FirstFirst ... 85135175180183184185186187190195235285 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,700 of 5703

Thread: [FGO JP Main Chapter] Lostbelt 7: Nahui Mictlan ~ The One Who Rules the Planet

Quote Originally Posted by Formless Creature View Post
    There isn't much I can say to change your mind, then. I feel it's best to wait until we get proper translations of everything, and then perhaps your feelings will change. If they don't then I guess we can just chalk it up to either "you didn't really care much about Olga and the new stuff we've gotten doesn't change that" or "the way Nasu chose to write this story doesn't mesh well with what you were looking for", neither of which I can blame you for.
    It’s not even that I don’t care, it’s that none of this makes sense to me. It feels like a detour that ends at a half-baked Solomon moment.

Well to be fair we're not done with her yet. I think assuming that Olga is going to come back as a vegetable is taking Romani's words at face value too much. There's no reason why he has to be right.

Well to be fair we're not done with her yet. I think assuming that Olga is going to come back as a vegetable is taking Romani's words at face value too much. There's no reason why he has to be right.
    like i said, lacking a soul does NOT turn you into a vegetable in the nasuverse

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    like i said, lacking a soul does NOT turn you into a vegetable in the nasuverse
    That's not really what I meant. I was referring to the idea in the first place. It's not true, but even if it were true, it doesn't matter because all this is, is just us assuming that Romani has to be objectively correct in every sense of the word.

All that matters is one, Olga's role and character arc aren't finished, and two, there's a way to bring her back. Might be convoluted or not, but there's a way.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Unfortunately, the latter. I really hate it in the ORT marathon when Beni imbues death on ORT and Tepeu gets his NFF submachine gun because it really got me expecting him shooting some of ORT's newly gained lines.

Imagine an animated cutscene of Tepeu shooting ORT's line and the damage causing new lines to spread like growing cracks on glass. That's what we were so close to getting and, for no good reason, didn't.

My copium will be that the animated cutscene didn't make it because of the rush to avoid further delays. I refuse to believe Nasu would have not seen this opportunity.
    I still have no idea how Beni can apply earth concept of death onto ORT but I guess that confirms gramps can put it on ORT too.

But yeah, Tohdino Shiki other than being the lore expert, the magic chad, the helpful nii-san who is devoted to Dinocueid, felt like missed opportunity. The Gun Godo parallel with him shooting at ORT could have been a thing.
    Like the fight with Batman as well, all turned into Anubitocris hard counter overwriting rules. Only after we miraculously defeated Batman then he arrived to say wowzy you gais defeated the greatest threat of this LB. Could have let him arrived to see the lines on Camazotz when he is weakened or sth.
    speaking of, was the Random King Hassan story support in part 1 adressed in Part 2, or did Beni learn how to Azrael Off-screen without mentioning him?
    She did say she learnt the move from him just before slashing ORT. Even said a line similar to how he said it to Tiamat about being without death facing death iirc.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rocohanda View Post
    She will obviously still look like Olga and probably regain her soul after some asspull. U-Olga never used her NP, of course she is coming back.
    Cue all the theories about the Priestess being Olga's displaced soul again. And to be fair, we know as much about her as we did when Part 2 started: nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
    Are we absolutely sure Count who guides Chaldea can't be Vlad? He was helping us out in Traum.
    He was, but Dantes has been much more involved in the story overall and with Guda specifically. He'd be in a perfect place to ensure any train of thought doesn't start going the wrong way even as he ensures that we don't snap from all we've gone through.

And that’s also not my problem. Again, this feels like…like a detour. Olga gets to go on a little adventure and save the world and it’s all very nice and saccharine, but leaving aside the hornet’s nest of issues that arises from her being made an Apostle, it doesn’t feel like it…means anything. Like it connects to anything. We don’t know anything new about her relationship with her father, about her struggles, about her life even as an ‘alien god’ beyond what she tells us (which contradicts what she said in Olympus, but that’s another matter) because of amnesia and then ORT’s shadow looms over the whole thing - and then it’s all deflated by her not even really being the real Olga, or at the very least being so ignorant of the truth that she’s none the wiser about it. Her existence feels like filler.

To be a hero.

The living Olga Marie was a person raised being told she was meant to continue the Animusphere struggles to secure Human Order. She prepared all she did to do so and died before she had the chance. U-Olga makes a few comments in part 1 about instinctively knowing her own absence in Chaldea's stories above the Grand Order and in the same conversation she makes the promise to save the world with them when given the chance. And so she does, by giving all she had to defeat ORT. Olga Marie achieved her greatest and died a hero. That's why Kotomine says it's best not to rebuild her. She already got the best ending she could get.
    See, I get that, but I don't think it felt satisfying, because her story and character arc wasn't concluded, even if she did die saving the world. Maybe it's being saved for the Count's inevitable chapter, but Nasu didn't dig into Olga Marie, the original one, deep enough. She never even recovered her memories and at the end had to ask who Olga Marie was. We were shown her point of view as she alienated herself from the others after remembering that she was the Alien God, but not her point of view as Olga Marie. Daybit explained a bit about her feelings, but we never got it for her. And her backstory remains a complete enigma. It's really hard to feel satisfied and consider it a "best ending." Compare it to most of the Crypters like Kirsch or Ophelia. We got their backstories from their point of view, and they died after resolving their own personal character arcs. U-Olga Marie's character arc was resolved (maybe, I'm not even totally sure of this), but not Olga Marie's.

On a more overarching level, I think she's meant to play into the priestess's motivations. As I'm currently interpreting it, the priestess must be the CHALDEAS-native version of Olga Marie. Again all expectations, Earth's Olga Marie's body got thrown into CHALDEAS and deified, but the priestess should be unrelated to that. I see her as the "proper" version of Olga from a normal reflection of 2117 Earth. An Olga after the completion of whatever ritual she was created for. And this priestess appearances in Nahui Mictlan have been clearly placed in key moments where U-Olga is being happy and loved by her companions. U-Olga is ultimately an overpowered version of Olga that achieved everything the original wanted. And my expected final boss is sure to have ugly opinions about that.
    I'm sure the Priestess is Olga Marie, but you took things in a very weird direction in calling her CHALDEAS' Olga Marie. I think the answer is in why FGO's Olga Marie is just Olga Marie Animusphere and Case Files' is Olga Marie Arsimilat Animusphere. It's also worth noting that Pepe called the Priestess "U-chan" and Kirsch said that her body was gonna come out of his Fantasy Tree.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    U-Olga's 'character' barely even existed before LB7. She has a few short scenes, mostly consisting of her playing it up as a villain. Then she loses a reason to play the act up and that's where we get more about her.

I think if you were interested in who Olga Marie Animusphere was as a person, especially before Olympus, LB7 is a great victory.
    Not for me it wasn't. It answered none of the questions I had about her, told us nothing about who she really was, and she doesn't even get her memories of who she was back. She's practically another person wearing her face. Yes, she inherited some of her issues, but completely missing the deeper conflict revolving around her need for love and acceptance, her living in Marisbury's shadow, and the fact that she didn't even know what if anything she wanted from her own future. And a lot of those hints were around as early as First Order when Nasu and Takeuchi were dodging questions about her inability to be a Master.

I had hoped that at minimum she'd realize who she really was and understand that she was never hated, but I was robbed of even that- the closest thing to it was a couple sentences with her asking about her old self right before a sacrifice that was clearly copied from Solomon and might be outright invalidated by the Count. Perhaps that is in itself a setup for her to be brought back in earnest without the false "U-Olga" persona, but having been so thoroughly disappointed once I am wary of getting my hopes up a second time. And her role still makes no sense if only because of the enormous amount of contradictions it's created (e.g., why would she destroy the very people she's supposed to supervise? how was she so critical to the plan if her presence was a mere accident?)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    speaking of, was the Random King Hassan story support in part 1 adressed in Part 2, or did Beni learn how to Azrael Off-screen without mentioning him?
    Beni in chapters 8 and 11 says she's training for an upcoming battle. Chapter 8 gameplay informs that Hassan is randomly there. Then at the scene where the two Alters are waiting from ORT to arrive at their area, she makes the reveal directly mentioning him.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Did anyone else get some Diebuster feeling from Kuku or was it just me?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    She was probably real Olga (if you mean the one from Prologue). She mentioned being experimented on for decades, and has vague memories of Guda's name.
    I think she fell into Chaldeas, was experimented on for 100 years and then got summoned as U-Olga.

And I am not sure if Olga herself knew the truth behind Chaldeas.
    Last edited by sentence; February 1st, 2023 at 12:46 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    It's kind of amazing how LB 7's writing manages to reach "xenophobic conspiracy theory" levels in its portrayal of Nahua mythological figures.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Castellan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    It's kind of amazing how LB 7's writing manages to reach "xenophobic conspiracy theory" levels in its portrayal of Nahua mythological figures.
    That was right there from the beginning with Quetzalcoatl's profile outright peddling Hernan Cortes' bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by PossiblyATrout View Post
    And that’s also not my problem. Again, this feels like…like a detour. Olga gets to go on a little adventure and save the world and it’s all very nice and saccharine, but leaving aside the hornet’s nest of issues that arises from her being made an Apostle, it doesn’t feel like it…means anything. Like it connects to anything. We don’t know anything new about her relationship with her father, about her struggles, about her life even as an ‘alien god’ beyond what she tells us (which contradicts what she said in Olympus, but that’s another matter) because of amnesia and then ORT’s shadow looms over the whole thing - and then it’s all deflated by her not even really being the real Olga, or at the very least being so ignorant of the truth that she’s none the wiser about it. Her existence feels like filler.
    I actually sorta agree with this, but at the same time, I think the point was to make FGO-only people care about Olga Marie, which I can understand. But it feels like dragging things out. Why not just resolve her story in LB7 instead of having to add another chapter about an Apostle that Nasu pulled out of his ass just so he can rebuild an evil soulless Olga Marie that you can potentially save? This is Part 2's 6th year...

Currently dealing with ORT. Won't say anything about the story yet since I'm waiting for the translations, but for the rest I can easily say LB6 was better. Once I reach the end I will state what issues I had with it, and the delay has done a great job in worsening my experience with LB7.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I would like more elaboration on why it is you feel that way.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gelious's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rocohanda View Post
    Why not just resolve her story in LB7 instead of having to add another chapter about an Apostle that Nasu pulled out of his ass just so he can rebuild an evil soulless Olga Marie that you can potentially save?
    Hopefully because we need 1 chapter to get to know Olga Marie and have her help us in the process and another chapter for us to help her in turn.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle dualblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Castellan View Post
    While it is at best circumstantial evidence it also makes sense with Dantes' assigned role. We're told over and over again that the accumulated karma and hatred from the journey so far has basically threatened to crush us, but because Dantes-the-flame from the Prison Tower has been living rent-free in our brain he's been taking care of the worst of it.

And we know Marisbury loves himself a failsafe once his pawns stop being useful. If Dantes stopped, the weight of the journey might just crush us completely, like how a Sirius Light triggering was supposed to kill the Crypters, or Douman was supposed to terminate any of them who got too close to the truth.
    Given that the next apparent story beat is "Fuyuki Recollection", perhaps this will actually involve the consequences of Dantes leaving Guda's mind and they now have to actually deal with all that karmic stuff.

----

That said I will also put forward the theory that the "Count" isn't any of the Dantes that are with Guda, but instead the servant version of him from after his story was completed. If I remember right one of the reasons we specifically have Avengers Dante is because Nasu (and co?) wanted to do something a little different since a lot of other media already deal with post-story Dantes in some manner. But this still seems to mean that said version would be summonable as a Servant.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately, the latter.
    Oh OK so it's just a dumb joke and I can be annoyed by it
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.