Page 58 of 286 FirstFirst ... 8485356575859606368108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 5703

Thread: [FGO JP Main Chapter] Lostbelt 7: Nahui Mictlan ~ The One Who Rules the Planet

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    my only nitpick for Ocelotl is none of them using revolver gun for obvious reference.
    Yeah, but we're already having Tezcatlipoca be
    -an ally of no one specifically
    -a gun enthusiast
    -ocelet-themed
    -currently living in close proximity to T-Rexes
    -running a paramilitary organization
    -assisting a blond visionary in a trenchcoat with plans that don't bode well for humanity
    -having a prosthetic limb
    -involved in a plot that requires possessing a body
    -annoying a snake-themed character on a constant basis
    -drawn with an artstyle which could be considered reminiscent of Yoji Shinjikawa
    -voiced by Satoshi Mikami

Do you really need more than what you already have?

Doesn't count unless Tez gives said snake a kiss near the end.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    -a gun enthusiast
    -ocelet-themed
    -assisting a blond visionary in a trenchcoat with plans that don't bode well for humanity
    -drawn with an artstyle which could be considered reminiscent of Yoji Shinjikawa

Tez looks way too much alike to that guy from HK comic Feel 100 I read in my childhood. Makes it hard to take him seriously, especially when I have a stamp with his face back home lol.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle dualblade's Avatar
    -a gun enthusiast
    -ocelet-themed

He just needs a dino that can do well both on land and in water and we can have a fight against Koyan Light's mech on top of that.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    my only nitpick for Ocelotl is none of them using revolver gun for obvious reference.
    I'm pretty sure the Saber Ocelomeh have an attack with a handgun

Blog Entries
    Another huge irony noticed is how Kotomine who killed Da Vinci is also the one who rescues loli Vinci here. We didn't get to see it, but I would love to see how Sion and Loli Vinci look when they see their rescue team.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Oof, Marine IV. Izcalli is a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    I don't know if anybody else noticed this detail yet, but U-Olga Marie has silver rings on both her pinkies. Not sure how significant a detail this is though...

Blog Entries
    Consistent with the Animusphere family looking like Solomon clones

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Huh, Olga's immune to Oberon's 3rd skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Kukulkan is getting impatient for her banner

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Chapter 8: Iztauhqui, the second underworld border

The second underworld border, Iztauhqui, is a mountain climb slowed down by powerful winds. Falling off causes you to land on obsidian spikes that deal minimal damage but can cause a deinos to bleed out should they fall too many times. Olga isn't worried about either obstacle because she weighs over 10 kilotons.

After the first border, we enter the place already expecting it to look different from Tepeu's description. The stone spikes are now as sharp as swords, and the winds blow at 10-20m/s. Still, at least we don't have to worry about hypothermia because the honey orchids from Daybit's grocery bag are conveniently with us. Nor about falling off because Daybit bought us sturdy vine ropes to tie us to Olga.

Late into the climb, we comment on how Lostbelt Iztauhqui's "walking through wind and blades" gimmick is identical to Pan-Human Itztépetl's gimmick which is also identical to Japanese folklore hell's gimmick. Camazotz shows up, not a fan of the hell comparison. He notices that the party composition is different, with Marine replaced by Koyanskaya, and figures out Marine died. He's really disappointed and asks Chaldea not to let themselves be killed by other people. That's his privilege.

Koyanskaya has no patience for Camazotz's smug cackling villain antics and gets ready to take Fujimaru's Command Spells back. Camazotz recognizes her as the woman who sold all the Ocelotl guns and carried Daybit away once. Koyanskaya confirms that she sold guns on a one-month trial period, but Tezcatlipoca, her worst client ever, didn't even subscribe after the trial was over. He simply reverse-engineered the products he already got and started making his own guns.

But enough chit-chat, Camazotz is eager to learn what Servant summons look like and revive his Mictlan with the blood of the Chaldean sinners.

[ <-Battle against Camazotz's dead summons and his Boss Ghost form-> ]

Camazotz still hasn't got the hang of Servant summoning, so he is forced to pull the "I turned Chaldea's Servants Alter" card again, this time calling Beni-Enma Alter to challenge us. The proxy judge of hell announces our sins shall be judged by her blade.

[ <-Battle against Beni-Enma Alter-> ]

Beni Alter's gimmick is that she can use the mountainous terrain as her insta-death swords. U-Olga gets hit, but manages to reboot her brain after shutdown, nevertheless unsure if she'll be able to do it a second time. Beni Alter says she has understood what crimes we're being charged for, hands us a 10 quintillion years sentence, and flies away mid-battle, interrupting it for no discernable reason. Koyanskaya is crying over what happened to her dear sweet Beni.

Beni lands atop the tallest mountain waiting for us. We just need to cross the mountain range to clear the trial, so Olga proposes ignoring that one and going across a shorter mountain to get this over with. Kotomine adds that if we ever want a rematch against Beni, we can have it after rescuing Chaldea's hostages. Only Koyanskaya takes Beni-Enma as a priority.

[ <-Battle against handmaid and hell guard onis -> ]

One day later, Fujimaru notices we've been on an endless loop. This whole time, we've been climbing the same mountain six times. Olga expands her sensory range and detects that the mountain has no exit. The Aztec underworld is a set of trials that the dead pass, but Beni-Enma's presence has converted it into the Japanese hell, which is an inescapable prison until the end of their sentence time.

We need to get rid of Beni-Enma to leave this hell. Even Koyanskaya agrees. Japanese hell revives the killed sinners, so we can counter her insta-death slashes with a Servant able to withstand the suffering of dying and reviving again and again and again. That said, Kotomine's spirit healing can't reverse Beni's Alter transformation. Protea Alter had a mask he could amputate, but Beni Alter is just the regular Beni-Enma forced into adulthood. Becoming the proxy king of hell after an eternity of training is Beni-Enma's natural future, so Koyanskaya proposes that Fujimaru summon a Servant with de-aging magecraft or a de-aging Noble Phantasm.

We check our options, but can't think of anyone with a de-aging Noble Phantasm. Dagda is feeling too overshadowed by Odin, so he has commanded Fionn to message Chaldea offering advice. It's the underworld, basically a transit point to the Throne of Heroes, so Servants can just talk to us without needing to come out of the summoning circle. Kotomine internally questions Tezcatlipoca's intention of designing the underworld like this, and starts to wonder if the goal of the underworld borders is not what it initially seems. Fionn acknowledges that de-aging NPs are a major rarity, but they don't specifically need a Noble Phantasm to get the job done. De-aging can be done with special medicine and Chaldea knows one hero that carries such a substance in his treasury's vast collection. With this hint given, Fionn tells us to say hi to Beni for him and disappears.

Anyways, we get (Caster) Gilgamesh talking from behind the summoning circle. He gives us his youth potion. Kotomine mentions the king he knew wasn't this generous and Gilgamesh tells Fujimaru to behead Kotomine before he betrays them. Gilgamesh retells the story of how he went back to the underworld later to get the youth herb. You can make Fujimaru say they already heard this story before, and if you do, there's a mini-flashback justifying this knowledge as "Gilgamesh told Hakuno who told BB who told Fujimaru".

Our team will fight to wear down Beni-Enma Alter so Koyanskaya can force-feed her the potion and get her dear Beni-Enma back. Beni threatens us with her mountain blades weighing 8100kg8100kg is the specific weight of Ruyi Jingu Bang in Journey to the West, but I'm not seeing how this correlates to Beni-Enma's character. Olga recommends Fujimaru pick Servants with high insta-death resistance and to keep Mash away from the fight.

[ <-Battle against Beni-Enma Alter-> ]
    Gameplay gimmicks
    Beni-Enma's regular attacks have a chance to insta-kill. Olga has guts that trigger only on insta-kill. There's a surprise King Hassan locked to the last slot for reasons the story doesn't acknowledge in any capacity. Your whole team gains insta-kill resistance when he hits the field.

Our tiny bodies can slip through Beni Alter's mountain-sized swings. For small targets like us, this is nothing compared to normal Beni-Enma's short and swift katana. Koyanskaya runs her bike across the rocky surfaces and finishes the job, administering Gilgamesh's potion with some mouth-to-mouth. Normal Beni-Enma greets us, apologizes for her Alter's actions, has some banter with Koyanskaya. She can also talk about Fujimaru's stay in the Enma-Tei depending on whether or not Fujimaru did that.

Fujimaru confirms the 2nd Command Spell return, but Beni-Enma still has to remain behind as the guardian of the underworld. At least she's now able to change into adult form at will. Beni promises to train hard for the vaguely explained upcoming battle involving all guardians of the underworld.
    Last edited by Comun; December 29th, 2022 at 06:37 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What with's Guda's habit of hanging out with women who weigh the same as a medium sized mountain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gelious's Avatar
    I don't have anything against Extra, but this is weird. We know about the herb because we went to Babylonia. And that happened before we met BB, since meeting her was a part of Remnant. DId Nasu just felt like making a reference to Extra?

I also don't get why Koyan cares about Beni, they have never interacted in story as far as I am aware.

Olga needs to lose some weight before coming to Chaldea.

Daybit being so helpful is suspicious.
    Last edited by Gelious; December 29th, 2022 at 07:12 AM.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
    I don't have anything against Extra, but this is weird. We know about the herb because we went to Babylonia. And that happened before we met BB, since meeting her was a part of Remnant. DId Nasu just felt like making a reference to Extra?

I also don't get why Koyan cares about Beni, they have never interacted in story as far as I am aware.
    Beni is an animal, Koyan loves every animals.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gelious's Avatar
    Beni is an animal, Koyan loves every animals.
    Is she? Wasn't she a run-away prostitute who got taken in by a god of underworld? (it's been a while since I read her event)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Looks like this confirms Beni Alter is different Servant altogether.

- - - Updated - - -

There's this My Room dialogue where Light Koyan got so clingy that got Beni weirded out. So it could be just her preference.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Looks like this confirms Beni Alter is different Servant altogether.
    You mean in lore, right? Cause normal Beni just gained the ability to transform into her Alter at will, so in gameplay she's totally going to be a costume.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
    Looks like Nasu is setting up something related to Extraverse. First there's dialogue about Protea being contracted to Guda from another time and space, and now this. Like he's intent to have it acknowledged. Personally, I'm all up for more Extra shenanigans.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean in lore, right? Cause normal Beni just gained the ability to transform into her Alter at will, so in gameplay she's totally going to be a costume.
    Well, I beg to differ, but let's just wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    Kukulkan is getting impatient for her banner

first there was the Sesshou Seki breaking now this... are we sure Nasu doesnt have clairvoyance?
    or is it the opposite and the gods have had enough of Nasu`s blaspheming and are preparing to strike back?