Page 206 of 286 FirstFirst ... 106156196201204205206207208211216256 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 5703

Thread: [FGO JP Main Chapter] Lostbelt 7: Nahui Mictlan ~ The One Who Rules the Planet

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Formless Creature View Post
    I should note, we don't fully understand ORT's capabilities when it has its heart. It came pre-nerfed for us courtesy of Camazotz and was still capable of doing crazy things. If Kukulkan wasn't on our side, I'd say the battle would be unwinnable.

With its heart, I think the only frame of reference we have is that it took potentially millions of years for Camazotz to tear out its heart the first time. But I don't think we know how that battle went exactly. He could've just been trying to like, beat it up manually or something.
    I have the impression that Kuku would simply be absorbed by ORT if she were to fight its alien form, which will make matters worse. And if Excalicannon is effective if it hits, there's no indication it won't be to Grand ORT as well, as long as someone restrains it. She could just stay away in the sidelines until it's beaten then offing herself to tie loose ends. Only reason we need her at the finale is because all the big guns have been exhausted, and she's fortunate to only fight its Grand Servant incarnation by arriving late.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    I have the impression that Kuku would simply be absorbed by ORT if she were to fight its alien form, which will make matters worse. And if Excalicannon is effective if it hits, there's no indication it won't be to Grand ORT as well, as long as someone restrains it. She could just stay away in the sidelines until it's beaten then offing herself to tie loose ends. Only reason we need her at the finale is because all the big guns have been exhausted, and she's fortunate to only fight its Grand Servant incarnation by arriving late.
    Kuku isn't really the sun itself, so she's fine. She does help out in the very, very, very first part of the fight against ORT. But that also makes her realize she and ORT are kinda the same being(-ish), so she flies away afterward confused as to what her purpose is.

US Friend Code
    Huh, I see.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Link0306's Avatar
    What do you think the chances are that FGO NA gets all of LB7 at once, rather than in 2 parts? They wouldn't have to deal with the delays and it's not the first time FGO NA has made some changes to how to things are released.

Tho would be the biggest change to a release they've done, and jp players may get angry about it.

I don't think more than 1.5 JP players give a flying fuck what the NA server is doing.

It could drop all at once, but the gacha wouldn't. There's still 3 LB7 Servant banners and the NY banner.

NA hasn't made any efforts to narrownits 2 year gap, so they might trololol release part 2 after the NY campaign ends.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We know the Black Barrel kinda sorta works on Types. Although that might be in the very specific scenario of Notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Link0306 View Post
    What do you think the chances are that FGO NA gets all of LB7 at once, rather than in 2 parts? They wouldn't have to deal with the delays and it's not the first time FGO NA has made some changes to how to things are released.

Tho would be the biggest change to a release they've done, and jp players may get angry about it.
    Can't say much beyond it being possible. At least in NA there's Thanksgiving campaign.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    We know the Black Barrel kinda sorta works on Types. Although that might be in the very specific scenario of Notes.
    The real one, not sure if that's the case for the replica. Heck, MC not only has no access to a workable Black Barrel, he didn't even have his CS for the ORT marathon

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Formless Creature View Post
    The earliest modern human skeletons are in Jebel Irhoud in Morocco. They're about 300,000 years old. We didn't develop civilization for a long time for sure; most of that time was spent running around hunting and gathering until some huge nerd invented agriculture. That was only around 12,000 years ago. Çatalhöyük follows as the oldest human settlement at about 9000 years ago. The cradles of civilization follow with the earliest being around 4000-3000 BC.

That being said, in the Nasuverse human civilization actually existed a long time before Çatalhöyük if all the stuff we've gotten from LB5 and LB6 is any indication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclairius View Post
    Unless I missed something big about human evolution taking place differently in the nasuverse, Homo Sapiens is WAY older than 100K. Triple that number. Heck, even Homo Sapiens' migration out of Africa into Eurasia is older, being around 120K.
    According to Last Encore, human history in Nasu mind only have 17k years worth of stuffs that matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    The dude's explicitly stated to be Arcueid's natural enemy. Their best bet is to banish or seal it away, or have another Type like Crimson Moon to fight it, or... Not much options in Tsuki's timeline AFAIK.
    Arc sucks up enough DAA blood to becomes Batgirl. Poetic way to recreate Batman vs ORT.
    Quote Originally Posted by NGZE View Post
    Actually, has any material ever said anything about not being able to apply Concepts on ORT? all I remember is that it doesn't have a Concept of Death, that's all
    Older materials said it doesn't have concept of death and also immune to Earth rules due to being alien to Earth's understanding. The importance in destroying it physically came from that. So my go-to assumption all the time is that you can't just use Earth conceptual bullshits on it.

Frankly speaking it felt like just an excuse for Nasu to mirror Gramps putting death concept on Tiamat in Babylonia underworld. The whole ORT raid felt like Tiamat 2.0 raid with a different flavor to me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    The real one, not sure if that's the case for the replica. Heck, MC not only has no access to a workable Black Barrel, he didn't even have his CS for the ORT marathon
    We're talking about a hypothetical scenario where the real deal ORT attacks humanity, in which case one would assume Atlas would literally break out the big guns.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle dualblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    We're talking about a hypothetical scenario where the real deal ORT attacks humanity, in which case one would assume Atlas would literally break out the big guns.
    Everything I've heard of Atlas points to them somehow being the first casualty of ORT waking up (In that apparently they stop the end of the world by causing it in the first place), so whoever is the actual protag team will have to find wherever it was buried and dig it out. Probably without realizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Older materials said it doesn't have concept of death and also immune to Earth rules due to being alien to Earth's understanding. The importance in destroying it physically came from that. So my go-to assumption all the time is that you can't just use Earth conceptual bullshits on it.

Frankly speaking it felt like just an excuse for Nasu to mirror Gramps putting death concept on Tiamat in Babylonia underworld. The whole ORT raid felt like Tiamat 2.0 raid with a different flavor to me.
    You can kill a TYPE's body but it doesn't really count because uhhh it just doesn't they're not from Earth. Venus 'died', but then later V/V says she can move just fine if she wanted to. As long as a TYPE's body has structural integrity, it can do whatever.

Think of it like a rock but from outer space. It doesn't obey our rules, you can put a fancy concept on it if you'd like but that's just going to make it break a little more easily. If you actually want to neutralize it, you have to pulverize it until nothing's left.

Presumably the only reason why Pluto and Jupiter are considered defeated is because Pluto exploded into blood and Jupiter was probably vaporized by its own nuclear meltdown explosion when Edem sliced it in half. The humans thought Venus had been defeated because it wasn't moving, but that was a mistake. Good thing V/V is such a nice girl.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar
    Basically reading out Lostbelt 7 and some of your guy's opinions on the matter, I think they did ORT really, really well here and I think there's only one other story you can do ORT with... but the problem is that the entire story will have to be about Full Power ORT and everyone dealing with the son of a bitch with losses on the level of Camaztoz or even higher than that.

Like LB7 did basically show everything that ORT was capable of... but it also showed how truly terrifying not only he is even without his heart(to the point even eating a Tree of Emptiness, which we've seen previously in Lostbelt 2 not only gave Surtr the power he lost but reclaimed Fenrir's Authority and turned him into Fafnir due to his connection to Sigurd all at once, didn't even help it one iota outside of just allowing it to keep the Lostbelt around due to his Mega-Man ability) and with it, god knows if anything we could have done would have even done any type of damage to it...

And then you realize that there are still so many more TYPEs, some of which could be even stronger than ORT...
    Of course, it would be difficult to truly capture that magic again because as someone stated a few pages back, going towards the TYPEs even when they are gimped runs the risk of them turning from "Overpowered Secret Bosses" to "Regular Bosses". We've already seen complaints of that nature coming from the Beasts when in my personal opinion, only Mother Harlot was a truly wasted Beast(Which is more due to Arcade being a terrible place for Story) and others do have their levels of absurd threats even if it's not the same as Goetia's or Tiamat's.
    So ultimately, I actually enjoy the hell out of how Nasu actually went about defeating ORT without legit killing the meme while showing that yeah, TYPEs are bullshit and it's pretty clear if we get a revamped Notes... it will be even more clear that Future Humanity would have gotten some absurd gains to last the way they did against 3 TYPEs as well as fully show off how truly screwed they are dealing with these absolute monsters one after the other while losing so many people every time that cannot be brought back.

oh, yeah. Did we ever get the name of the galaxy that was inside the Fantasy tree of LB 7?

Blog Entries
    Apparently its called Quasar.

Blog Entries
    I like how Daybit almost immediately assures MC that his efforts in 1.0 is not meaningless when he doubts himself. Also how he and Kirsch also placed their bets on him to beat Marisbilly
    Last edited by rxrx; February 3rd, 2023 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehennahem View Post
    and others do have their levels of absurd threats even if it's not the same as Goetia's or Tiamat's.
    I get it because they stopped making a big pizzazz out of Beasts. I mean there's a Beast in this very LB and it's a sub-boss.

Moving to yonder days I thought Kiara was well executed in that she actually won in the 1st timeline and has the resilience of a roach even as she was losing. There's even a good explanation for her loss - we had BB hacks to negate her Beast III auto-seduction/weakening effects & outright cheat death. But Kama... Ooku was okay, loading aside, but all it took to completely dismantle Kama was a conceptual advantage sword and one swordmaster to cut through her endless legions.

Koyan was also done dirty relative to how prominent she was but I don't think that's a power thing and more shitty execution with the twist & the event being no more than a glorified raid.

US Friend Code
    Cerny is downright terrifying IMO. He's a league above the other disasters present in LB6, even surpassing Abyssal Insect Vortigern. The gameplay is really well done too.

Blog Entries
    I'd hardly call Camazotz weak, since he managed to score a win against an Ultimate One.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    I like how Daybit almost immediately assures MC that his efforts in 1.0 is for nothing when he doubts himself. Also how he and Kirsch also placed their bets on him to beat Marisbilly
    So which one was betting against Guda?