Page 197 of 286 FirstFirst ... 97147187192195196197198199202207247 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 5703

Thread: [FGO JP Main Chapter] Lostbelt 7: Nahui Mictlan ~ The One Who Rules the Planet

Quote Originally Posted by Sath View Post

I've argued for a catch up and everyone just cries about banners and saving for their list of favs, as if bonus reruns don't exist, or as if you could ever have had all the cake as f2p in gacha.
    And let's be honest, two years is way too much. I've played a lot of gacha games. A year behind is already pretty bad - even if there's a character you like in the JP version, by the time you get to them, there'll be like five other characters you also want. Hype dies fast. Spoilers fester so much that it's basically impossible to find an NA player that doesn't have at least some vague idea of what's going on in JP.

Take me for example. Now I just wanted Bazett. Then Kyokutei Bakin showed up. Then Rikyu. Now I want Nito Alter. Kukulkan seems pretty cool too. Olga will probably be playable later. You following me? My interest in the older characters is already waning a little. I'm not even sure if I'm going to roll for Molay anymore who I think is this year.

Worse yet, this kind of strict adherence to the schedule makes moments that were bad in JP worse. Any gacha game trying to catch up to its original would kill to have the amount of dead weeks FGO's been getting. Are you seriously telling me we're going to have all these same delays LB7's been getting for no reason whatsoever other than because it played out that way?

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post
    By the way, on the point of Olga being dead.

She died in LB7, which is underworld, this also could be used to make her not die for real. Like Daybit and Tezca. ORT's whole body got destroyed (Daybit was it's core) but Daybit was still "alive" in the end.

So it could make it easier for the Count.
    Then why emphasize how little of her they could salvage and then suggest that all they'd get out of it is a husk?

The big question is, has this being the underworld actually mattered in terms of deaths? The Chaldea crew was an illusion. Meuniere never actually died, he was just critically wounded. You did die, but you were sent to Mictlampa which Tezcatlipoca has control over and doesn't seem to be part of the Lostbelt.
    Everyone's just sort of assuming this stuff runs on Babylonia rules but so far the only thing about the underworlds has been that we can summon whomever we want in them.
    Please correct me if something else does happen in 7.2 regarding this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Formless Creature View Post
    Schedule adaptation

And let's be honest, two years is way too much. I've played a lot of gacha games. A year behind is already pretty bad - even if there's a character you like in the JP version, by the time you get to them, there'll be like five other characters you also want. Hype dies fast. Spoilers fester so much that it's basically impossible to find an NA player that doesn't have at least some vague idea of what's going on in JP.

Take me for example. Now I just wanted Bazett. Then Kyokutei Bakin showed up. Then Rikyu. Now I want Nito Alter. Kukulkan seems pretty cool too. Olga will probably be playable later. You following me? My interest in the older characters is already waning a little. I'm not even sure if I'm going to roll for Molay anymore who I think is this year.

Worse yet, this kind of strict adherence to the schedule makes moments that were bad in JP worse. Any gacha game trying to catch up to its original would kill to have the amount of dead weeks FGO's been getting. Are you seriously telling me we're going to have all these same delays LB7's been getting for no reason whatsoever other than because it played out that way?
    Schedule induced woes

This is why I'm reading/watching translations now, I've had enough. I already had Olympus wholesale spoiled for me umpteen times before it came over and it's not going to get any better. Nevermind that the JP fandom is where the art lives, and the only place one can have any involvement with Fate art in a non-questionably legal way.

I agree that Servant hype dies fast. How many people are still going to roll Summer Kama? What about KoyanDark now that Kuku is better at everything she does except partywide battery?

2 year gap remaining means NA social media will be crawling with spoilers for the conclusion of the Lostbelt arc, from youtube thumbnails to people posting in unrelated threads on forums/reddit to random twitter comments. Nvm that it won't operate for 2 years after JP pulls the plug; a 6 month gap is much more practical.

I believe there is one other game that runs this way on global, following the F/GO model of years and years of backlog - PriConne.

Quote Originally Posted by InsertNameHsre View Post
    Then why emphasize how little of her they could salvage and then suggest that all they'd get out of it is a husk?
    Drama for her inevitable conversion to enemy before she grows beyond a husk and has a dramatic sad farewell to her Servant self/Chaldea, as Princess Olga is moved to another castle.
    Last edited by Sath; February 1st, 2023 at 10:30 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertNameHsre View Post
    Tezcatlipoca is not on their side.

Quote Originally Posted by Sath View Post
    Schedule induced woes

This is why I'm reading/watching translations now, I've had enough. I already had Olympus wholesale spoiled for me umpteen times before it came over and it's not going to get any better. Nevermind that the JP fandom is where the art lives, and the only place one can have any involvement with Fate art in a non-questionably legal way.

I agree that Servant hype dies fast. How many people are still going to roll Summer Kama? What about KoyanDark now that Kuku is better at everything she does except partywide battery?

2 year gap remaining means NA social media will be crawling with spoilers for the conclusion of the Lostbelt arc, from youtube thumbnails to people posting in unrelated threads on forums/reddit to random twitter comments. Nvm that it won't operate for 2 years after JP pulls the plug; a 6 month gap is much more practical.

I believe there is one other game that runs this way on global, following the F/GO model of years and years of backlog - PriConne.
    Priconne's already getting its sorry ass kicked by Blue Archive on both servers and the only reason the same doesn't happen to FGO is because FGO can literally get away with anything and this entire debacle proves it.
    And yet Priconne global's still going while MagiReco had to shut down. This world isn't fair.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    Anyway.

Why can we repair Shadow Border using Lostbelt materials or take the soccer ball, but can't take Tepeu himself?

IIRC it was said you can't take anything from lostbelt, but now it seems you can but case by case.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So what's up with Grand Tez in the end? Why is he one and which class is he supposed to be? And does it matter with regards to the story?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    From what I heard, he was forced into the Assassin class because KH forfeited his crown to kill Tiamat and someone had to take his place
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Anyway.

Why can we repair Shadow Border using Lostbelt materials or take the soccer ball, but can't take Tepeu himself?

IIRC it was said you can't take anything from lostbelt, but now it seems you can but case by case.
    Because Tepeu
    Spoiler:
    And all other dinos decided to sacrifice their lives helping us in stopping ORT. All the Dinos took and improve Koyans weapons and went to shoot ORT to buy Chaldea some time. They got a CG and all.
    Finally, with his last breath, Tepeu asked Kukulcan to help Chaldea stop ORT, she decided to grant his last wish/that was the last push she needed to take a side in the conflict.

Anyway.

The antidote to Koyanskaya's poison was made using Lostbelt materials, and the poisom itself as well. The Storm Border exists because of Olympus nanomachines.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    Yes, and later in LB6 they did say because it is a Lostworld faeries born after Morgan became queen could leave the LB.
    Implying the normal LB residents still couldn't leave it.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code

I just wish there were more ways to obtain Quartz. It's the only reason why I'm not too nitpicky with the scheduling beside a possible sudden eos, since f2ps could never get 100% guarantee for their wanted Servants no matter how much was saved before pity is implemented. And even then the pity takes almost a year just to reach. Maybe the teapot, and reward for each fully ascended Servants can alleviate that somewhat.

Counter:Side spoiled me rotten by how generous its resources are to hoard gems and tickets, and multiple ways to get them.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No, FGO is definitely incredibly stingy when it comes to its ingame currency
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    I need to reread the story later. The ORT marathon made me forget most of the story due to fatigue.

Felt like MC reacted Batman's tactics when dealing with ORT. The former is forced to use his trusted allies as cannon fodder while the latter had to sacrifice all his people to win. Makes MC going through the pain of batman did.

As for Dantes, I think the tower one and the residue which act as anti-virus for MC is the spy for Alien God, while the one MC summon is firmly on his side.
    Last edited by rxrx; February 1st, 2023 at 11:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    The ORT raid is a real slog to get through. It's poorly optimized too, so most of the time it's just a laggy mess. I hate how much a cancer ORT is to this chapter's writing and gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

The Tezcatlipoca duel at the end really is the only enjoyable fight in this entire chapter.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

ORT feels like a good idea that was completely wrecked by poor planning and mismanagement. Funny, since ORT being the chapter's main focus was probably one of the earliest things planned about it.

It's honestly a minor miracle that this chapter didn't have gamebreaking bugs that bricked your phone.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    What an immersive chapter, I truly felt like ORT was slowly killing me and making me go insane and felt Guda's visible despair as my phone struggled to keep up with the boss fight.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    ORT is powerful beyond the fourth wall and will damage your phone for fighting him.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    This can all be avoided if you become like me and only ever care about rolling male servants and like, maybe one girl every year