Page 241 of 286 FirstFirst ... 141191231236239240241242243246251 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,820 of 5703

Thread: [FGO JP Main Chapter] Lostbelt 7: Nahui Mictlan ~ The One Who Rules the Planet

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    It's the most proven conversation strategy.
    I've heard that the Roman and the Mongol Empires being generally tolerant of religion was one of the things that helped their stability. I'm not learned enough to say if this is really true or not, but it wouldn't surprise me.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TresserT's Avatar
    Whoops wrong thread. Dunno how deleting posts works here.

Did you uh, reply to the wrong thread? LOL

Unless Comun has a miraculous boost of translation power, I'll finish up the summaries for part 2, starting Friday (because I'm stuck at a conference for now). And I promise it'll be much faster than Traum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gelious's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Unless Comun has a miraculous boost of translation power, I'll finish up the summaries for part 2, starting Friday (because I'm stuck at a conference for now). And I promise it'll be much faster than Traum.
    Are you gonna start from chapter 11? Several chapters already available on youtube.

I'll start from the last summary even if we've already pushed to Rayshift already, for completion's sake. Won't take long to do fully translated and proofread chapters anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Formless Creature View Post
    Therefore something like Kukulkan
    That's the point. Some things like ORT are just impossible b/c there is just a wall for talk no jutsu.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    That's the point. Some things like ORT are just impossible b/c there is just a wall for talk no jutsu.
    Maybe you could trick it into mimicking something essentially harmless? Maybe a self-sustaining loop? It's not romance, but it seems like a peaceful solution.

It may be too intelligent for something like that to work though. It understood:
    a. how the Servant system worked
    b. how to create a history for itself in order to implement itself into the Throne
    c. how to do so in such a way that it managed to achieve a Grand-class Foreigner SG
    d. that this was the best way to keep itself "alive"

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    Is it really because he was too smart and more because basic logic would dictate that by absorbing so many Servants, the way to become one was more or less clear?

Quote Originally Posted by Delastogos View Post
    Is it really because he was too smart and more because basic logic would dictate that by absorbing so many Servants, the way to become one was more or less clear?
    ORT seems to be more like an extremely good supercomputer. It's not actually capable of logic, reason or emotion as we puny humans would understand it as a process of independent, intellectual thought with an explanation for why we went from point A to point B. It simply calculates the "best way forward" by dissecting, analyzing, and replicating the things it absorbs. It's intelligently dumb. If you fed it a bunch of harmless hamsters, it probably would choose to simply not mimic them. That's why you can't rationalize with it, I think. It's not so much an independent individual so much as a thing.

The scary thought is where the limit lies. If you fed it Zelretch, could it perform True Magic? Zeus? What about another UO? Perhaps it already ate another UO in the past (the 'real' Type-Mercury?) and that's why it's so strong. Its potential for growth is essentially infinite provided it can crystallize something stronger than itself.
    Last edited by Formless Creature; February 8th, 2023 at 08:23 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Anyone know if they mention how long it took Kamazotz to beat ORT? I see people saying hundreds/thousands of years, presumably inferring from him not really having any powers, but I don't recall them actually giving a number it in the story.

Blog Entries
    LB7's ORT lacks malice imo. Sure, dude destroys the planet when he wakes up, but it feels more like a course of nature. This kind of enemy is the hardest to deal with.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    ORT seems to be more like an extremely good supercomputer. It's not actually capable of logic, reason or emotion as we puny humans would understand it as a process of independent, intellectual thought with an explanation for why we went from point A to point B. It simply calculates the "best way forward" by dissecting, analyzing, and replicating the things it absorbs. It's intelligently dumb. If you fed it a bunch of harmless hamsters, it probably would choose to simply not mimic them. That's why you can't rationalize with it, I think. It's not so much an independent individual so much as a thing.

The scary thought is where the limit lies. If you fed it Zelretch, could it perform True Magic? What about another UO? Perhaps it already ate another UO in the past (the 'real' Type-Mercury?) and that's why it's so strong.
    Reasonable that 'Zotz was able to beat it. And just ORT and 'Zotz left, with no one else around that had conceptual advantage for it to absorb like Nito Alter, so it was in Zotz's favor.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    It simply calculates the "best way forward" by dissecting, analyzing, and replicating the things it absorbs. It's intelligently dumb. If you fed it a bunch of harmless hamsters, it probably would choose to simply not mimic them.
    And there goes my plan to feed it a bunch of FGO players to give ORT gacha addiction.

What would ORT even roll for? Other Types?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I think it'd make itself summonable, roll all the strongest servants and use them to level up

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Neco Arc could beat ORT.

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    LB7's ORT lacks malice imo. Sure, dude destroys the planet when he wakes up, but it feels more like a course of nature. This kind of enemy is the hardest to deal with.
    UOs never had malice to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by V/V
    "On top of that, it's them who are right. ...geez. If the humans accepted the prophecy in the 2000th year, we would have gotten away by just being the victim "

"No...! The ones who are wrong are the Aristoteles. They don't have any will. Isn't it a bad thing to erase lives without having a will?"

The Angel who learned the common sense of this planet said that.

But there was no longer any notion of right or wrong on this planet. The only simple rule was that you either live or die.
    ORT isn't an Aristoteles, but it's the same kind of existence, and its arrival on the planet may have been due to similar reasons. So there's no reason to believe it operates in a different way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Neco Arc could beat ORT.
    Neco Arc is the most important Type-Moon character.

ORT being an UO, but also not really being part of Gaia's call is rather interesting.

It feels like an invader of sorts compared to the rest.

Gaia feels like the solar system's baby, always asking for favors. Wouldn't be surprised if it wanted something out of ORT too. I mean, even CM says it's just 'visiting' and doesn't intend to do anything yet, and Gaia does not seem interested in doing anything about it, so there may be some level of consent involved. Maybe it's some kind of failsafe?