Page 179 of 286 FirstFirst ... 79129169174177178179180181184189229279 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,580 of 5703

Thread: [FGO JP Main Chapter] Lostbelt 7: Nahui Mictlan ~ The One Who Rules the Planet

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PossiblyATrout View Post
    If Olga was never a god, or never even a Beast, why was her incarnation so central to the Apostles' plan?
    Let me stop you right there. Neither of these statements are stated in the story.

And for all the people who think Olga's role in the story is done, you've really not been paying attention. Hell, not even Daybit is done.

I'm genuinely amazed so many people seem puzzled by these developments regarding Olga though. Personally speaking it was all a bit too eerily similar to what I've been thinking. Maybe pay more attention?

The one thing that does smell like a retcon is Dantes (and from what we know about Holmes Jr's development, this seems easy to substantiate), but given his weird tendencies, maybe we should've been more suspicious of him.

When you have all these question, instead of going "LOL NOTHING MAKES SENSE AHHHHHHHHHH I HATE RETCONS", maybe try and give the contradictions some actual thought. Why are these things true, yet contradict each other? Solving contradictions is essential to solving mysteries.
    Last edited by Petrikow; February 1st, 2023 at 06:42 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Dantes is a weirdo but so are a lot of other servants so his tendencies (dream invading, of which there are like 4 other servants who have done it just with less consistency, and general stalking) just end up feeling pretty normal to me

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Hasn't it always been a thing ever since ORT-tan?

Anyway, long time no see. Though you're probably gonna be on hiatus once more, good to see you again.
    I probably go on hiatus more often now with the dead months and slow pace of contents and events. I legit did not login since November last year until yesterday and sent my acc to a friend for safekeeping, waiting till an Arcueid banner rerun to NP5, or some future servants I'm interested in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    Hey, welcome back Lily Emilio. What were the best and worst parts of this chapter for you?
    I might write a lengthy opinion about the whole thing later, breaking things down as well cuz I want to wait for KukuORT profile but the gist is that I didn't like most of the whole LB's writing. I actually liked this one a lot less than LB6 that I already did not like much. I didn't like any of the new characters either except for Batman who started off as some crazy wild individual and revealed to actually be not only gigachad but also tragic individual in part 2.

The world setting was prob the only part that I had no complaints about and actually liked it a lot, which makes it the best part of the chapter for me. The worst part wasn't waifu ORT or the reveals of apostles or how numb I've became to the powerscaling mumbo jumbo (guess I'm getting old) but the whole amnesia excuse to get UOM on the team. It was cringe, I never liked that trope, and it was literally just used in LB6. The whole ORT fight was visually amazing and despite not being as annoying as Cerny in LB6 I didn't know exactly how the vore mechanic worked and lost Castoria in the first encounter with it which gave me some trouble, but I got through.

Basically in term of visual presentation and world design, this LB is actually 10/10, my #1 favorite.

In term of writing, it's a 5/10. If it wasn't for lore confirmations, Batman and ORT that would be a 2/10. It feels like I experienced a B movie about fighting a big dangerous alien that you should turn off your brain and roll with it.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gelious's Avatar
    I don't know what to say other than that - and feel free to pillory me for this - I think that the reveal that there are seven Apostles and that Dantes and Olga are the other two is perhaps the most senseless twist I've ever seen, and it makes so many things unnecessarily convoluted and frankly a little bit bad to stomach. I'm only going off what I've seen, and I pray that proper translations clears this up, but-

If Olga was never a god, or never even a Beast, why was her incarnation so central to the Apostles' plan? What was even the point of even mis-identifying her as Beast VII if it amounted to nothing> If she was an Apostle, why couldn't she simply be summoned like the others were? What called for her and her alone having a special way of being called upon, and why was this necessary? Was it even needed for one of the Fantasy Trees to mature? Why, if she's little more than middle management and, according to Kirei, entirely unintended, do the other Apostles follow her rulings? Why did she try to kill the other Apostles on being summoned, and why did they almost let her do it (she didn't know, but Kirei certainly did and he was there in Olympus), if she was meant to keep tabs on them when she also spent most of the story in a state where she couldn't even try to do that? What's even the point of the Priestess assuming the theory that she is part of Olga is true if Olga herself is now dead again? What in the world makes Dantes an Apostle? It can at least be argued that Holmes had foreshadowing, Dantes has none of that, and suddenly he is and he is also cruel enough to potentially bring back someone from the dead to screw with people despite years of storytelling saying otherwise even though he's an Avenger. Why did the story come to the conclusion that all U-Olga ever was turned out to be a clownish distraction, meant to buy Chaldea time, and thus robbing her character of any meaning to the story whatsoever because she was never Olga, only some joker wearing her face who was never the Alien God at all, only a clueless unimportant patsy and a waste of time?

I kinda hate this, honestly.
    I can assume that the reason Olga can't be just summoned like other Apostles is because she is a human mind/soul who was inside CHALDEAS, while everybody else is a Heroic Spirit. I totally agree with the rest though, why would they even bother with her and then discard her? If they needed someone to be in charge they could have just let Kirei be the one.

Fingers crossed we get to save Olga after Count is done with her but I am not very hopeful at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post

I'm genuinely amazed so many people seem puzzled by these developments regarding Olga though. Personally speaking it was all a bit too eerily similar to what I've been thinking. Maybe pay more attention?

(...)

When you have all these question, instead of going "LOL NOTHING MAKES SENSE AHHHHHHHHHH I HATE RETCONS", maybe try and give the contradictions some actual thought. Why are these things true, yet contradict each other? Solving contradictions is essential to solving mysteries.
    Well, my apologies, I'm not all that smart, and I'm sorry that I can't piece this together with thought, something that isn't helped by just being told to 'pay attention' as if it's a magical bandaid.

I think Kuku 2nd ascension design might be a birdy the mighty reference

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    I think Kuku 2nd ascension design might be a birdy the mighty reference
    Oh wow. And here I was thinking that her outfit did look similar somehow and you definitely did linked it for me.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

Blog Entries
    Well, my apologies, I'm not all that smart, and I'm sorry that I can't piece this together with thought, something that isn't helped by just being told to 'pay attention' as if it's a magical bandaid.
    Don't be too hard on yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dingo View Post
    Don't be too hard on yourself.
    Well thank you. I'm just trying to make sense of this, and completely failing to do so without concluding that Nasu is making this up as he goes along, along with questioning what the point of U-Olga even was now.

Blog Entries
    Just checked, if Mashu gets defeated in the ORT marathon, she needs 3 turns CD before getting back into the fray.

- - - Updated - - -

Dantes is a weirdo but so are a lot of other servants so his tendencies (dream invading, of which there are like 4 other servants who have done it just with less consistency, and general stalking) just end up feeling pretty normal to me
    His last NP might be intended to be used to bring Olga back if she gets fucked?

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Just checked, if Mashu gets defeated in the ORT marathon, she needs 3 turns CD before getting back into the fray.

- - - Updated - - -

His last NP might be intended to be used to bring Olga back if she gets fucked?
    An unbelievable recovery Noble Phantasm. On top of completely restoring one person around Avenger’s own position even from the verge of death (condition of being unable to fight), all of that person’s Parameters are temporarily Ranked-Up.
    now we’re getting somewhere!
    Last edited by mami-kouga; February 1st, 2023 at 07:56 AM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code

now we’re getting somewhere!
    Huh, guess I chalked it up to some Authority too soon. Now wouldn't be surprising if people start re-reading his Event, all his appearances to date, even the version in MBTL with surgical precision.

Yeah I said it before but that’s my main wonk. If you’re going to go spreading around that it’s Dante’s rip the man to pieces and put them all in place before you do, as it is the beginning and end of most people’s speculation has been the title Count and I just can’t abide by that. Right now we’re still in the theory stage, just like Daybit and Bluebook, let’s compile some nice evidence

- - - Updated - - -

Though there is the question of U-Olga’s body’s current position. It says verge of death but seeing as how she can be put back together even if the soul is lacking how much are we talking about when we say verge exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

Also what does “In Avenger’s position” mean? Like circumstances similar to prison tower?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Also what does “In Avenger’s position” mean? Like circumstances similar to prison tower?
    The wording suggests "in the immediate vicinity of". Dunno how it reads in JP, but it sounds straightforward enough.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Marros's Avatar
    I imagine it just means physically nearby to Dantes.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well thank you. I'm just trying to make sense of this, and completely failing to do so without concluding that Nasu is making this up as he goes along, along with questioning what the point of U-Olga even was now.
    While I think Nasu has some broad ideas that he works towards, I do also think that there are parts he's making up as he goes along
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    Ready for Data Lost Fiesta?
    Spoiler:
    Cu's sprite be like: *smirk* He'll never get me, because I'm hard to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    So if you don't mind I'm going to simp for Kukulkan by posting her kit in a better way.

Spoiler:

Class: Foreigner
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Attribute: Star
    Interesting Traits: Immune to Pigify, doesn't have Weak to Enuma Elish trait.

Passives:
    - 8% debuff success chance to all allies on the field.
    - Generates 10 stars per turn, 3% NP charge to self and transforms any Invincibility effect she gets into Anti-Purge, preserving the original duration of the buff.

Skills:
    (All buffs have the option to consume 10 stars, and if you do, she will get an additional effect that I will put between []).
    - 1st skill: 3-turn 10-20% Attack Up to party, 3-turn 20-30% Crit Resistance Up to party, [3-turn 20-30% Attack Up to self], 7-5 cooldown.
    - 2nd skill: 30-50% NP charge to one ally, [2 times/3 turns dodge to one ally and 3-turn Sure Hit to one ally], 8-6 cooldown.
    - 3rd skill: 1-turn Invincibility to self, 3-turn 20-30% Buster Up to self, 3-turn 30-50% Crit Damage Up to self, [3-turn 20-30% NP damage Up to self], 8-6 cooldown.

NP:
    - Applies 50% Special Damage buff against Threat to Humanity enemies for 1 turn before damage.
    - AoE Buster NP that does 150-200% extra damage against enemies with Earth Attribute (OC)
    - Skills seals all enemies for 1 turn.
    - Grants 30 stars.

She's so good...
    Thanks for this and maybe I'll roll for her. Seems neat, basically fills single target niche with crits as well.

I don't have a gacha Foreigner yet, despite trying for discount Slash Emperor XX.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    It is funny how much ORT is Literally Just Lavos tho
    Lavos is great so it's a good inspiration at least. I should look into replaying Chrono Trigger, hopefully the pc version got patched and isn't terrible anymore.

Like…rephrasing from earlier, perhaps, but what was even the point of U-Olga existing? This latest twist has me struggling to understand why she even had a role in the first place and what the point of her character even was.

Blog Entries
    Dantes smells like retcon, and Daybit has huge foreshadowing to the Mythos. Other than the irritating locks for battles and the ORT marathon, part 2 is pretty fun to read.

Blog Entries
    Oh great, the ORT death march fights are buggy as hell. I guess Comun is right, this must be what has been delaying the release.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.