Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Animu 2023: bringan it back

Blog Entries
    nier e2 has got some serious kino energy, i'm impressed

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Kyokou Suiri: Aoi Yuuki Yuki-Onna waifu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Nier: Very good episode. It flowed really well. Using the machines' speechless backstories as an excuse to play City Ruins over it all was an inspired choice. I rly liked the extra stuff with Lily and the Resistance. This episode was a really nice surprise. Also nice ED.
    burn your dread you coward

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Danmachi: Mikoto goes unimaginably hard. Absolute MVP. Now it's time for more Bell and Lyu suffering.
    Spy Classroom: girls + 1 cute. Something about the show has me always watching it at arm's length, like it doesn't fully come together. Hopefully that changes.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wow episode 2 of Nier is really good. The only bad part was the three seconds of CG flight unit, and out of 22 minutes that's an accomplishment.

In/Spectre was really good too. The Yuki Ona was pretty cute, I hope things work out for those two.

Fire Hunter was pretty slow, but feels like the kind of show that loves to build an atmosphere before they start setting things off.
    Last edited by Mattias; January 20th, 2023 at 03:02 AM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Oh fuck, it's week 3 of the season.

Ningen Fushin - eh, tolerable so far. Got my aidoru, but where's the performance, c'mooooon.
    MagiRevo - a delightful adaption of the source material, filling in the gaps left by LN and manga. Utterly satisfied as of the episode 3.
    Spy Classroom - lmao, why did they even bother with v1.
    Onimai - this is honestly the one manga I never expected to get such a great anime, but somehow it just keep on delivering every week.
    Otonari Tenshi - smug Mahiru is fun Mahiru.
    Maou Gakuin - ehhhh, new Anos is a bore.
    80k - waiting for ep.3, I guess.
    D4DJ - good as always. Love it.
    In/Spectre 2 - I really thought I mistook ep.2 for another anime, but nah.
    Mou Ippon - going rather slow after ep.1
    Bofuri S2 - now this one is bulldozing through the source material like crazy.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Nier: I refuse to believe that Facade reference means nothing. We had one for the original Library in last week's episode too. I'm curious about replacing Anemone with Lily too. Taro's cooking something here, and I don't trust it one bit. This episode wasn't as rewarding as last week's but they managed to make it flow well despite the generous amount of cut content.

Additionally...

Noooooooooooooooooooo
    burn your dread you coward

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Lieselotte: A lot of good faces this episode. Baldur turned Fiene into a tsundere as naturally as he breathed lol. It looks a bit better than last episode, which is nice.
    Hero Academia: Have you heard of the Tragedy of Endeavor the Power-Hungry? It's not a story the heroes would tell you. It's great stuff seeing everything Endeavor built on rotten foundations come crashing down on his penitent shoulders. Hawks's past is a whopper too. He's never really been free.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Watching the new Hero Aca OP, specifically the group shots, when I notice Ida at the very back, basically a floating head. I think to myself "remember when Ida used to be important?". Then the angle switches and I see Tailman and Sugarman, and think "Well at least he was important once..."

Ever since I started playing a MMO, Bofuri's "bumblefucking your way to OP-ness" has become even funnier.
    Last edited by Mattias; January 22nd, 2023 at 03:05 AM.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    About Nier: Don't by fooled by Aniplex using Covid as an excuse. Covid has become a popular excuse for corpos to use when they have to delay shows because production's a mess. Nier's one of those "production is a mess and even without Coivd, it would've been delayed" cases according to comments from people who pay attention to this stuff. All the blame lies on Aniplex for poor management
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Digimon Ghost Game episode 60: And thus our trio have finally all reached their Megas. Overall I would say this was the better of the three debuts, mainly because Kiyo had the closest to a semblance of a character arc. Him finally managing to get the win by himself without having to go Limit Break was a huge step forward, though I doubt he'll completely shed his cowardliness since it forms so much comedy in the show. So Amphimon, I think like the other two it looks better in animation, Jellymon going from a mature woman to wannabe rapper(?) was a spit-take I wasn't ready for and felt a bit weird - like, if it had been Kiyo and her going full Chunni together then it wouldn't have felt as strange. The unexpected presence of Submarimon was a huge plus and I hope he hangs around for any more water based shenanigans. I must say that I was disappointed with Cthyllamon, for a Digimon named after the daughter of Cthulhu, I was expecting something a bit more impressive, not just a recolour of MarinAngemon - heck Hangyomon was more intimidating in this episode. I was certainly bemused that of all the Digimon the heroes had to send back to the Digital World because they're too much trouble, the group that tried to cause the extinction of humanity wasn't one of them. I presume that similar to the Weedmon episode, the fact that the mummification and whatnot happened in broad daylight to large amounts of humans will be conveniently forgotten.

Now all that remains is the overarching plot with Gulus and "the one who sent the Digimon to the Human World".
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    wonder if showing Adam fell off in skeleton was to avoid viewers going 'wtf that's naked man!'.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Kyokou Suiri: Jesus Christ Kotoko, never change lol. She had me scared for a moment there.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's kind of fitting how the Trails anime is such a mid production, given how low budget the games themselves look. The story's pretty basic too at the start, but it's just so earnest I can't dislike it. The puppet show was great, even though I expected Rean to show up as the hero not Valimar. I kind of expected the clown to be one of the disposed Noble Alliance members, like someone who's brother went all in and lost everything at the end, explaining his hatred of both the nobility and the merchants.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Danmachi: Rude cliffhanger. Next episode will be lit.
    Spy Classroom: Girls cute. Truly, cute girls are the palliative of the soul.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Urusai Yatsura: I just noticed that Ryoko's horse is actually two of her Kabuki minions in a horse costume. 3 episodes in and I still think the first half OP and Ed were much better.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Hero Academia: What a beautiful dramatic family snarl. Endeavor really fucked up there.

lol at toya getting radicalized by youtube into hating women
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The League of Villains becomes such a believable group once it's revealed that Dabi is a channer and Tomura played League of Legends.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Digimon Ghost Game episode 61: Right off the bat I gotta say, having a human corpse walk around and Toru trying to play Family with it was surprisingly dark even for Digimon. Overall the zombie stuff worked pretty well, given you had the crew waiting for Manami to start walking around at night whilst blissfully unaware of the Tsumemon and Evilmon that were lurking around the house (even if they turned out to be an unnecessary red herring). Unfortunately this all kinda goes out the window once Zeed pops out and suddenly it's the heroes fighting to stop the apocalypse. This probably wouldn't have been so jarring had this episode been much earlier with a low Level opponent and smaller scale action, especially since I imagine fans of Milleniummon aren't happy to see it get reduced to a COTD defeated by not even a full set of heroes since Kiyo had his Mega debut last episode he needs to sit out this one. Interesting that we see Uver arrive to presumably take Moon away only for Hiro to decide to hold onto it for *some* reason? I always say this whenever things don't feel resolved but surely this time that must be leading somewhere. At least we know Espimon nursing his kicked butt and wishing he could Evolve is blatant foreshaddowing.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wow, that last episode of Bofuri was a big OOF in the middle there. I get that they wanted to have a nice action scene, but that was not the way to do it. Fire Hunter also had a bad fight scene in episode 2, but at least they kept the art style, even if they started to slide frames around the screen.