Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Animu 2023: bringan it back

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Silver Link just has a bad habit of using CGI for dynamic scenes like that. The underwater boss Sally fought in S1 also had CG segments. As did the fight of Luvia and her Butler vs Bazett in Prisma. Also Gorgon Illya vs Beatrice and Julian's thorns. That said this book fight in Bofuri is the longest they've let CG non-stop on screen before switiching to 2D. So I can understand the complains
    Anyways
    Delicious Party Precure done
    Eh. I felt it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't standout or as entertaining as other seasons I watched. Bland in my opinion. Still, I enjoyed it. Here's hoping Hirogaru Sky's better
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Kyokou Suiri: >tfw no yuki-onna gf who might freeze you into a popsicle

Yandere-chan was also cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Silver Link just has a bad habit of using CGI for dynamic scenes like that. The underwater boss Sally fought in S1 also had CG segments. As did the fight of Luvia and her Butler vs Bazett in Prisma. Also Gorgon Illya vs Beatrice and Julian's thorns. That said this book fight in Bofuri is the longest they've let CG non-stop on screen before switiching to 2D. So I can understand the complains
    Yeah, I think the issue was they used it for the whole sequence not just the parts where it was in motion.When you're doing long shots with lots of movements it's harder to notice, bt when the characters are standing stock still talking to each other filling most of the screen it stands out like a sore thumb.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    I'm also watching a bunch of stuff this season.

Vinland saga s2 is great so far, pretty slow but that's not really a problem.
    My hero Academia slaps pretty hard this season TBH. I have some gripes with it, but overall, I really like how they handle the conflicts
    Tokyo revengers still has it's horrendous time travel, and unbelievable middle schoolers, but overall, it's not too bad.
    Danmachi is less and less rushed, that's good. It's almost decent now! It's actually been a while since I read that volume, so I don't remember all the details and it's kinda exciting for once.
    Fumetsu no anata e is still pretty damn bad. It's weirdly quick, yet kinda slow. Like, characters don't really argue, they all agree too quickly, I don't know how to explain exactly, but it feels everything is just... always going forward, the conflicts always seem to resolve themselves too quickly. And we still haven't gotten anything nearly as good as Gugu's arc yet.
    Megaton Musashi is... fine. It's definitely not my kind of show, and I don't know whose kind of show it is. Plot is predictable or way too random, no inbetween. Mech fights are nicely animated, but they use very "chidlish" powers in their Mechs.

I still don't like blue lock, animation is pretty average, characters are boring and the flashbacks are useless. There's nothing really good in this.
    Buddy daddies hit me way harder than it should have. Probably reminds me of Clannad too much.
    Mononogatari is probably the worst show of the season I'm watching. Characters are inconsistent in 3 episodes. I didn't really mind animation, but character design and backgrounds are god awful. It got that Bakemonogatari vibe in the artstyle, ironically, but it's very plain.
    Nier is pretty damn good so far. Ep 1 was CGI heavy, but now it's better. I've never played the game, but so far I have no complains. Maybe it's better to not have played the game, I have yet to see a fan enjoying the anime.
    Kaina of the great snow sea is a CGI anime and it's nice. The world seems very very weird, ŕ la Made in Abyss. The animation is honestly good. Not 2d animation-tier, but still decent. The story hasn't progressed much, but I grew attached to the main characters. They have a kind of charm I couldn't really explain.
    Revenger might be my surprise hit, because no way in hell did I expect it to be even decent. So far it's entertaining, funny and yeah, quite edgy at times. It just sounds like it'll be dumb fun.
    Campfire cooking isekai, I didn't expect to like it, and I'm actually fine with it, which is also a surprise. It's a decent power fantasy with a likeable protagonist. The story is freaking stupid, but it's more about cooking anyway. Also, I really like the backgrounds, the colors feel very fresh.
    Endo and Kobayashi Live (Fuck LN titles) is halfway decent. It's really just kind of cute and actually pretty. The animation is nothing impressive, but I like the character designs for a few characters. I picked it up because I was told it was a very short story that will probably be adapted to its ending, which is good. It's really just unimpressive.
    And finally, Urusei Yatsura remake is fine. I get that it's an old show, but it really does show it's age. The jokes are not original, probably because other people took from it. The jokes are also not really funny anymore, to me at least. Anime humor has evolved since when the manga was being released. Lum is cute though, and Ataru do be kind of funny at times.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Biche View Post
    Megaton Musashi is... fine. It's definitely not my kind of show, and I don't know whose kind of show it is. Plot is predictable or way too random, no inbetween. Mech fights are nicely animated, but they use very "chidlish" powers in their Mechs.
    "Bargain bin Getter Robo" is the kind of show it is.
    Last edited by ResidentSeagull; January 31st, 2023 at 07:18 PM.

US Friend Code
    Lmao I like that term. Yeah, it just feels like everything before, no real surprise. It just looks kinda good during fights, but I don't like the mech's design.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Vinland keeps delivering, I love this anime.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Megarton Musashi is my kind of show. I love it and it's my personal AOTS of last season and this. Real hidden gem. Too bad the delays and needing to rely on fansubs have shit it's popularity hard. But at the end of the day, I still love it and that's what matters to me
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Megarton Musashi is my kind of show. I love it and it's my personal AOTS of last season and this. Real hidden gem. Too bad the delays and needing to rely on fansubs have shit it's popularity hard. But at the end of the day, I still love it and that's what matters to me
    Yeah, I do agree it's pretty underrated. The plot is actually decent; I think I just have a lot of trouble with the numerous main characters and the tone deaf battles. The animation and battles always seem very childish, yet the plot is quite dark at times.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    All cool. Glad you could get some enjoyment out of it.

But yeah, I remember watching the first episode and thinking "This literally is just Getter Robo", so it didn't really seem appealing to me.

Continuing: My Hero Academia Season 6
    Try:Revenger

I might try a few other things too, but there's not much that really catches my eye.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Eminence in Shadow: The absolute funniest gag this episode was Doem going "No way Jimina's part of Shadow Garden, he's a man." The second funniest part was Skel wailing pathetically over Annerose's heartfelt goodbye.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Anis is now just Saber isn't she? Only she did it to herself, no Merlin needed.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Danmachi: Another win for the power of friendship! And spirit blood.
    Spy Classroom: Lily is smug and booba. Girls cute.
    Lieselotte: Finally, a wonderfully overbearing Lieselotte unburdened by her own tsundere self-destruction.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Danmachi: Another win for the power of friendship! And spirit blood.
    Man the pacing is finally getting good! I disliked the first seasons because they went to quickly, but now it's going smoothly. Welf got his moment too!

Also, I might be weak to kids. Buddy Daddies also hit me right in the heart this week.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Revengers: So Nio is a loli after all? Also how the hell did they lose the kite fight? Their string is coated in glass, it should trump all the others, unless someone decided to strap knives to thiers.

Bofuri: Wow, real whiplash between last episodes bad CG fest, and this one where it's pretty much absent. It's like night and day.

Kiana: I really hope this show is getting 24, because after 4 we've gotten almost nowhere. But damn if the world building isn't my kind of compelling. I can't wait for more Evil Ginger either. Why is she so gung ho? Or such a badass? Is that a robo arm or is she Jetstream Sam-ing?

I think Nio is suppossed to be some form of intersex (seems to have a bulge and some tits): That would explain why the circus owner was so obssessed with them and kept calling them a monster. The "monsters" in the circus were just humans with deformities and mutations after all, and Nio wouldn't be any different.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Wyrd oft neređ unfǽgne eorl, ţonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Digimon Ghost Game
    Episode 62: An interesting episode. The beginning had some unusual first person camera work that was a shame it wasn't taken advantage of more given how claustrophobic these apartments seem. As expected, it turned out to be an Espimon episode which climaxes with his sparkly new Evolution. Unfortunately the whole "fake Hiro" thing suffered from being a running gag that it was difficult to take it seriously now - had it been something like Espimon deciding to protect Hiro fake or not "because he's my friend" and that triggered the Evolution. I was curious as to how HoverEspimon was supposed to defeat Clavis since the former is only an Adult whereas the latter is an Ultimate, but it makes sense that Espimon fufills more of a support type role in battles. ClavisAngemon reminds me somewhat of Hatenko from Bobobo what with him sealing people with his key. Honestly given how Ruli's friends are simultaneously unimportant yet also get dragged along for several of the Digimon adventures, I thought they already were in on the secret at this point, but I guess not. All that remains is to wonder if Hiro Evolving a Digimon that isn't his Partner will be significant in the longrun or not, since it opens up the possibility of him being able to be separated from Gammamon now.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think Nio is suppossed to be some form of intersex (seems to have a bulge and some tits): That would explain why the circus owner was so obssessed with them and kept calling them a monster. The "monsters" in the circus were just humans with deformities and mutations after all, and Nio wouldn't be any different.
    I was actually assuming it was going to be that, but I must have missed the bulge in that one scene. So my mind went to murderous "Victor, Victoria" instead.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Record of Ragnarök looks on its way to trigger the Hindus quite well, but unless they include Yahweh to trigger the Abrahamics, it's no better than Smite. MegaTen is still master at that department.