Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Animu 2023: bringan it back

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Wait, RoR new season is airing now?

Huh, the more you know...

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    I think Nio is suppossed to be some form of intersex (seems to have a bulge and some tits): That would explain why the circus owner was so obssessed with them and kept calling them a monster. The "monsters" in the circus were just humans with deformities and mutations after all, and Nio wouldn't be any different.
    That's what I thought too. We don't really see anything else on Nio's body and they do have the trap look, so that would make sense.
    Glad the clown got killed quickly, I did like him too much. He was a typical edgy show weirdo character. I thought he was too exagerated.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Record of Ragnarök looks on its way to trigger the Hindus quite well, but unless they include Yahweh to trigger the Abrahamics, it's no better than Smite. MegaTen is still master at that department.
    From reading manga spoilers, I know Jesus shows up as audience for Buddha's match

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    Wait, RoR new season is airing now?

Huh, the more you know...
    It's a Netflix dump show. The season is 15 episodes, and Netflix have dumped the first 10 (which from Jack the Ripper vs Heracles to the end of Raiden vs Shiva) and now we are waiting on a release date for the final 5 (which cover Budhha's fight)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I should have clarified Old Testament Yahweh. My bad. Also, it's appropriate that you should answer, given that a lot of YouTube comments about the inclusion of Jack the Ripper being one of humanity's heroes eventually devolved into Hitler posting (because I'm sure that those same people are too ignorant about Qin Shihuang's actions). My response? Heydrich post.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Eminence in Shadow:

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So I'm watching Spy Classroom and the Character focus of the week has a Fagin-Expy at gunpoint when he fires off a "I've got a friend on the force, I'll be out by tomorrow". Sure that kind of thing works if you're the Kingpin and you know Spiderman/Daredevil has a strict moral code, but a schoolgirl who's ninja'd her way into your safehouse and has a gun on you, why would you give her a reason to shoot you? Hell stay quiet, get your inside man to let you off and lie low for a month and you'd get off so much easier.

Beasts of Ars: "You're facing Deagle the Industructable" says man covered in bandages and one arm in a sling.
    Last edited by Mattias; February 12th, 2023 at 01:56 AM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Danmachi: Good little pieces of comedy there.
    Spy Classroom: Is this just going to be SOL forever lol?
    Lieselotte: Liese best wingwoman.
    canon finish apo vol 3

My Hero Academia Episode Season 6 Episode 127: And now for the second half.
    I like the new opening and the ending.

It was a stupid decision to just have who they thought was the real Re-Destro even get close to the Safety Commission President like that.

It does make sense they wouldn't include the work-study students in the report.

16,929 villains got caught in that raid including Gigantomachia, Mr.Compress, Hanabata, Geten and Re-Destro himself, so there's that.
    But the aftermath, the destruction was so bad, and then there's that stupid sign they put on the All Might statue.

The worst part was those last scenes of the episode.
    Both Midnight, Majestic and, bunch of other heroes died in that fight and the students had to be ones to find them...
    I bet people were like, "there's goes the fanservice", like she wasn't more than that.
    And just right after talking to Kamanari right before the raid about focusing on what matters to them too.
    It's just so messed up.
    Like that was one their teachers and they had to find her like that, it's just so horrible.

I think I saw somewhere about that happening beforehand, but I didn't believe it at the time...

Now, there are people talking about the country going downhill, and to make things worse, All for One is planning a prison break.

I can't say I'm excited to see the next episode, I feel bad just thinking about it.

If I feel bad watching a show, why am I watching it?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Digimon Ghost Game episode 63: A decent episode. Seeing Ruli bite Gammamon's tail makes me wonder what would happen if a human consumed a Digimon. Was not expecting Quartzmon to be behind this episode, was kinda hoping it was Beelzemon NGL since we don't normally get to see his associated sin of Gluttony. Was certainly glad to see the Adult Levels again after so long since the heroes unlocked Warp Evolution. An interesting twist to have Quartzmon not just be a mindless glutton and have him trying to protect the Babies that fell into the human world. Does Hiro actually suspect his father is involved and that's why he was being vague to Mummymon I wonder? I would say huzzah to the arrival of plot, but then the preview for the next episode implies otherwise so we'll have to see.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    I bet people were like, "there's goes the fanservice", like she wasn't more than that.
    Was she though? She showed up like twice before this, once when we learn she's an exhibitionist and again when we learn she likes to dom. Or was it the other way around? At least she had her sex appeal unlike someone like Snipe, who could have died and not even gotten half the reaction.

Also sad to say but the next few episodes look like they're going to rough for you. Lots of fallout expositions, and some Todoroki family stuff before the main plot kicks back in.
    Last edited by Mattias; February 12th, 2023 at 04:33 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I never read much of Vigilantes so I didn't care much about Midnight either way. I did feel for the students losing a beloved teacher, though.

Kyokou Suiri: Hehehe, Garfield. Tae's cool. Time to see Kuro die a bunch again lol.
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; February 12th, 2023 at 11:51 PM.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Eminence in Shadow done
    Pretty good show. Very fun and hilarious. Cid is a very fun MC to follow, and his antics are great. The world and rest of the cast are great, too. Overall, one of my favourite isekai. And I want more
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wait, it's done? Isn't there like two months left in the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Wait, it's done? Isn't there like two months left in the season?
    It's one of those few shows with abnormal episode counts. This case, 20
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Eminence: Just perfect. Incredible chuuni energy radiating from every frame. I was worried with the first two episodes, but the anime really came together. Here's to a second season!
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    It's one of those few shows with abnormal episode counts. This case, 20
    I guess 10 episode seasons aren't that strange, and that's just two back to back.

Thinking about all the Covid delays we're getting this season though, it's ironic that the show which could have easily accommodated them had no issues whatsoever.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Danmachi: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka's one of the best tortured screamers in the business. Danmachi continues to fire on all cylinders and I love to see it.
    Ningen Fushin: Christ that material got fed into a wood chipper. The animation is one thing, but when even the pacing goes to shit it's really hard to watch.
    Spy Classroom: Oh no, that post-credit sequence. Why are they trying to put plot in my comfy SoL cute girls doing cute spying series? Lol at Klaus losing to Johann.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It's funny. Like with me not fully appreciating superhero and magical girl critique series, I also can't truly appreciate Nier because, instead of enjoying killing "monsters", I actually prefer killing people. Like the LDO (Dies irae), the Dark Brotherhood (TES) doesn't need to dehumanize before killing, just as House Telvanni doesn't need to dehumanize before enslaving. Oftentimes, in RPGs, there are weapons that do bonus damage to the dragons, the living dead, etc... Spare me all that junk. Give me weapons that do bonus damage to humans and other "enlightened" races (which, in the case of most high fantasy, also includes elves).

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Lieselotte: Aww, the part where Sieg talks about messing up Lieselotte's hair didn't make it.
    Hero Academia: LADY NAGANT LADY NAGANT LADY NAGANT *incoherent monkey noises*
    canon finish apo vol 3

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Digimon Ghost Game episode 64: A surprising episode. A shame that Kotaro and the other kid really only exist to be victimized whenever they show up. The writer for this episode seems to be a big fan of Lovecraft given the references to Shadow over Innsmouth. I guess Dagomon mind controlling people with his "voice" being paralleled with the Voice that called the Digimon to the Human World was just misdirection then. Very interesting that the Fog was reducing the Digital Space down to a mere bubble for protection against Dagomon's abilities. As much as I liked the pair of D10's being rolled for Canoweissmon's sanity to break through the illusion, it kinda doesn't make sense in context unless you know of Call of Cthulhu. It was also frustratingly convenient that you can apparently just ignore the Evolution Timer by just evolving further. I must confess that although Siriusmon is theorectically "higher" than Dagomon as a Mega compared to the latter being an Ultimate, I was glad to see that Dagomon couldn't actually be defeated and had to be sealed back in the Digital World. I pretty much did a spit take when Hokuto just causually walks out of the other side of the Gate with Terriermon Assistant to very little fanfare. Don't think I didn't see that Digivice on his wrist. So, the Digital World itself just vanishes eh? Could this be the first series where the heroes don't actually go there?

Regardless, I am interested in seeing where this is building to.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)