Thread: Primordial World: Age of Dinosaurs

Primordial World: Age of Dinosaurs

We have been given a glimpse in Tsukihime's remake of what the world looked like long before mankind held dominion over the world and its insane. We have also been told reality becomes more and more unstable the farther back in time you go to the point where 2,600 BC is the farthest one can go via Rayshifting. And that their are mysteries long since forgotten that existed in those primordial days as well. Which got me wondering, what was life like back then? Nature can heavily influence the evolution of life after all so how jacked were the animals that lived back? To make a comparison was it anything like the Dark Continent in HunterXHunter? I wanna know the communities thoughts on this matter.
    Last edited by BlackAion; December 23rd, 2022 at 04:22 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nahui Mictlan releases in 2 days, so at this point I'd rather wait for the answer than throw my quickly expirable ideas.

Tell me about your best girl, and why she is Sakura Matou. Best Girl's Avatar
    I got just the thing.

Elephants

A species that was formerly classified as Divine Beasts. During the Age of Gods, they were frequently worshipped as deities on the Indian subcontinent. Blessed by the wisdom of the Elephant Gods, and more importantly, their destructive power, the armies of the Indian tribes were able to halt the invasion of Alexander the Great, whose army was said to consist of heroes that rival the greatest Heroic Spirits.

However, the advent of science and technology caused the decline of the worship of Elephants, and their powers declined over the centuries.
    The modern elephants have lost the glory of their Divine Beast ancestors. They are much smaller, weaker, and lack the longevity of ancient Elephants. Most of the modern Elephants are on the threshold between normal beasts and Monstrous Beasts. The classification of modern Elephants is still a hotly debated issue among magi. However, it is agreed that the Mammoths, a species closely related with the modern Elephants, is a species of Monstrous Beasts. Mammoths are thought to be extinct by the general public, but rumour has it that several Lords of the Association possess these powerful beasts as familiars.

Although weaker than their ancestors as well as their greater cousin the Mammoths, the Elephants still make for powerful familiars. Because of their glorious lineage tracing all the way back to the Age of Gods, modern Elephants still retain sparks of the great mystery that once rivalled True Magic. The modern Elephants are immune to sorceries under 8 bars, thus pose a great threat to all but the best magi. This is why magi who attempt to capture Elephants usually resort to physical traps. In addition, contact between a spiritual body and an Elephant will cause the immediate destruction of the said spiritual body. This is the residual power of the once great Elephant God’s ability to project a massive sphere of sanctification. In addition, weapons of spiritual beings are largely ineffective to Elephants due to their high Magic and Spirit Resistance. Of course, it doesn’t need to be said that Elephants are deadly to Servants and Counter Guardians, as well as all the lesser Spirits.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    I can't believe the elephant lore actually got used in FGO

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Caveman Saber was actually a dinosaur.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Still Saberfaced though.

lol, Thats an interesting thought lol

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Nahui Mictlan releases in 2 days, so at this point I'd rather wait for the answer than throw my quickly expirable ideas.
    Are prehistoric concepts implied to be a thing in that chapter?
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Caveman Saber was actually a dinosaur.
    "Lick my wet cloaca, Shirou-saur!"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    Quetzalcoatl has pterosaur familiars and multiple less-than-subtle implications that the Aztec god microbes came to Earth through the meteor that killed the dinosaurs.

And then there's Kotomine in Olympus claiming Xibalba is inside ORT's belly, which seems to connect everything into "ORT is the meteor that killed the dinosaurs". But we'll find out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    Giant beasts are supposed to walk the "Golden Sea of Trees".

Could be dinosaur, could be elephants.

I can reliably say that ORT came to earth some 6000 years ago, not 65 millions years ago but thats operating on dated info so we'll see.

Blog Entries
    What does this say about the ecosystems of Central Africa, New Guinea and Australia?

We got confirmed dinosaur people in the new lostbelt.