Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2328313233

Thread: Create-A-Servant Secret Santa Contest 2022 Edition

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Agreed and yeah Judas ain't my work at all. They did good work with that.
    Will say this did good for me. I've changed style again and I like how this feels more compact than usual.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    I think I did talk about your sheet, but the only thing I know about Shiki is stuff I picked up from the forums so...
    It's cool, my first thought after finishing him was that the probability of the person not knowing him was pretty high lol

Blog Entries
    Congratulations to Kamera, WhiteFrenzy, our winner sutaa, and everyone else who participated! I echo the sentiment that it feels great to see threads like this one so active. In case you've missed it, I submitted pool 5, and was very satisfied with Helenos As many of you have guessed, I did pool 7! Thanks for the feedback on it - it's great that Vididii liked Herman and Palaestra, since that was their prompt, and I'm glad most people seemed to enjoy them somewhat! 6 points between two entries marks my new record so far lol

Some people questioned a bunch of stuff about Palaestra - I wish I could've made this clearer, but basically, the king of Arcadia and Hermes were separate people, the former got killed because of the latter sort of, so the reason why Palaestra referred to Hermes as her father from then on during life was exclusively in polemical contexts, when she wanted to really drive it in that Hermes couldn't replace the one he got killed; as a Berserker, that turned into an actual confusion due to Madness Enhancement, sort of. The choice to fuse Palaestra-as-lover-of-Hermes-and-daughter-of-Choricus and Palaestra-as-daughter-of-Hermes in the first place was because neither really had enough material for a sheet of their own without going too OC with things; the former had, like, an actual story that involved her, whereas the second was described more in detail and was explicitly a wrestler but wasn't actually part of any legend, if that makes any sense. I also hoped it would help justify the Berserker class better. I initially meant to try and incorporate the Palaestra-as-lover-of-Hermes-and-daughter-of-Pandocus, too, but that proved to be trickier than expected, so I dropped that aspect fairly early on. As for the difference between palē and pankration - I didn't actually look very deep into it at all, but, according to mythology, the latter was invented specifically for combat by Theseus and Herakles (against the Minotaur and the Nemean Lion respectively), whereas the former was meant to be a game sport from the start according to the Palaestra-as-lover-of-Hermes-and-daughter-of-Choricus story (if, at first, a secret one reserved for the royals of Arcadia). Due to this, I assumed they'd essentially have been two slightly different wrestling styles and that the word palē *may* have also encompassed a bunch of exercises preparatory to - but not directly related to - the specific form of wrestling. However, I'm not 100% sure if this is true. Again, my sheets were a bit rushed this time around, sorry about that.

EDIT - Oh lol, there's the out-of-myth answer. Pankration had a lot more boxing and striking mixed in, basically

Last edited by Serra; February 5th, 2023 at 07:04 AM.

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FarewellToMrA View Post
    Congrats, folks. I was glad to see that even if I didn't place, A lot of people still seemed to consider my funny saberface metajoke a highlight of the contest even with all the other high quality sheets here. I made Draco cry (in a good way), so that's a win in my book
    WAIT THAT WAS YOU
    WHY YOU LITTLE--
    Okay I'm not actually mad, I'm just feeling "how dare you make me cry i love and hate you for it" mad. It was good. Real good.

But anyways...

Congrats to the winners! Well deserved wins for all three.

But I can't help but wonder after seeing the last thread...

Who got Wyvern's prompts?
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

Blog Entries
    I suppose I ought to out myself too, as I wrote Helenos! I'm glad to hear at least that my prompt-giver enjoyed the sheet, lol. That set was pretty difficult for me, so I'm mostly glad I got to put out anything at all.

Everyone else who had kind words to say about Helenos, thanks as well!

And the person who wrote Roald Amundsen, like I already mentioned, that was awesome as well.
    Last edited by Gl4re; February 5th, 2023 at 11:23 AM.
    It's winter in Sapporo. And as the weather stirs, so too does a new Holy Grail War.

Fate/UpRise
    Character Compendium
    Story - Ch. 3