Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1318212223242528 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant Secret Santa Contest 2022 Edition

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Goddamit, I almost forgot to send mine in... somehow I thought I sent it Monday and never actually did... damn that was close.
    Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Sorry for asking this again but is it gonna be canonical to one of your servant series? It's been a bit since you've advanced the plot on one of those but including that series could give it away.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    Goddamit, I almost forgot to send mine in... somehow I thought I sent it Monday and never actually did... damn that was close.
    Oh no don't say that, now I'm wondering if mine was sent all right. I guess if it's not there I'll know why.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Alright. Submission is now closed. I will post the sheets in about an hour or two (I still have a few things to take care of right now).
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    Sorry for asking this again but is it gonna be canonical to one of your servant series? It's been a bit since you've advanced the plot on one of those but including that series could give it away.
    As the Secret Santa game adds the context of a sheet made for someone else, I opted not to. Puts a feeling of “oh I was gonna do this anyway” in my mouth that I’m not fond of personally.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool 1
    1- Girl Power
    Mothers and daughters. Queens and paupers. History and fiction is filled with powerful women and each time one of them stands up for themselves, she also stands up for all women. How about to give me your best shot at a female Servant? Anything goes, as long as it's a woman... But remember: no genderbends allowed! Why not? Well, that's because...

2- Genderbend
    What? Are you a woman who was somehow summoned in a male body? Or the opposite—a man who suddenly finds himself in a female shape? Whatever your circumstances are, introduce yourself. Don't forget to make your reasons for this genderbend to be somewhat comprehensible... I know we're in a F/GO group but I'm allowed to be strict today ok?

3- Average Joe
    So you're telling me you're not a ruler or a scholar or a deity or anything like that? You're just a very, very common being who (maybe) doesn't even have a Wikipedia page and yet somehow was summoned? You have to tell us your (average) story now! Who knows, you might be surprisingly effective under the right circumstances...

"Once upon a time, in an Age filled with Mystery, much, much more than it is for you now, there was a goddess born in the wilderness, one of many in that day.

Everything was white.

The ground was white.

The sky was white.

The life was white.

And she knew that she was the one to cause it.

She knew plenty of things already. Like that she needed to take the fur and bark of the life around her to create something to keep her warm. Or that these ephemeral lights she saw were not lights at all but souls. Or that it wasn't best for her to always create snow, to let the life she saw around her to live and prepare for the harshness of what would be called winter...otherwise, she would feel would feel sadness at their passing, a life uselessly wasted.

But there were plenty of things she didn't know, for she was young, and all youth have to learn what the world is like around them.

And all life with a conscious mind needed to learn more about themself.

Days passed, years passed, centuries passed.

She did as she felt was natural, and as she agreed with others she had found like her, letting winter come and go, encompassing fall and making way for spring. When she wasn't making snow, she was wandering around, befriending animals and learning more and more.

And then she met them.

Humans.

The first she would ever meet, but most certainly not the last.

It was yet another winter. All the bears and deer and foxes and more had their thicker furs on and were adapting to the white mornings, the black nights and the freezing air. The trees and bushes and more had wilted but hardened, saving their energy until it was time to bloom yet again. She was making sure everything was in order when she found them, a group of humans, huddling and trudging through the snow.

They were something like her and yet not completely, not like the others who could control the world around them like she. They knew they had to keep warm, but had no idea how, their first time seeing something so white and soft yet harsh and cold. They would've died.

So she approached them. They were scared, like all life who wished to protect itself was wont to do, but she knew how to approach a scared animal, so she did the same here, and it worked. Once they calmed down, she taught them, how to weave clothes, how to store food in winter, and how to travel in it. And once they knew, they thanked her for her help, telling her how grateful they were, and forming a celebration in her name.

And she liked it.

She was happy for it.

So she couldn't help but keep offerring her assistance the more came to the land she called home.

Later, she would find a lost soul, a ghost you could say.

It wasn't just any kind of wandering soul. It was a child, a little girl to be precise, one who had been worked to death.

Now that, by itself, wouldn't have been odd. Winter was harsh and not everyone could survive it even with all the help she could give to humans.

But she had learned, as she guided the child back to her home so that she would be at peace and thus let go to cross over to the afterlife, that she had been overworked by her sister...one who had done nothing but reap the rewards of the efforts of her now deceased sister.

On that day, her rage surged as harsh as a blizzard, and she punished the girl for her injustice, turning her into a dog so she may forever work her, while she helped the soul pass on.

And in fear and concern, she checked on all the other humans she knew of, and found that the girl wasn't the only one. There were others who shirked their duties, some simply out of immaturity, and others because of their nature matching the first lazy girl.

So from then on, during winter, along with making sure all the animals and plants were doing well in winter, she would make sure those who did not shirk their duties and prepared for winter would be rewarded, and punished those who refused to do their share or took advantage of those who did.

Days passed, months passed, years passed.

She continued that routine. More humans turned dogs were added to her retinue, replacing the old ones who have long since succumbed to age. Spirits were soon added as some refused to leave her side, try as she might to have them pass on. Later she allowed quite a good amount of her worshippers to join her for the winter, granting them a portion of her power to help her. She came to be one of the earliest to be considered the leader of the 'Wild Hunt', the wails of her dogs wishing for their punishment to end, the cries of her worshippers emboldened by their goddess's presence and the lights of the souls trailing striking fear and alarm to those who saw them.

But the world grew and grew and she wasn't one of a few gods anymore.

The Norse gods had formed and more still forming.

There was the trickster, whose mischievous nature led to her meeting him in the homes she would check, and him mistakenly be worshipped as a hearth spirit god. But then it became all the more true as he met his only equal, a trickster in her own right, but much more still like snow, compared to his wild flurry.

There was the jotun goddess of winter and mountains, who she viewed something like a little sister, helping her practice control her own dominion over ice and snow until she grew to be her own individual.

And most notably, there the chief god of this pantheon, one who was curious of everything around him. He had seen her gather the lost souls and decided the gather them, dividing the warriors and others between his hall and the hall of a love and war goddess. He had seen her perform her magic and journeyed to create his own. And he had seen her beauty and with one brief moment, with one brief fling, gifted her two daughters.

Daughters who wished to stay in the land the new mother grew up in.

Instead of leaving with her to new ones.

For, upon seeing the people grow and move on, upon seeing the trickster and his wife handle the good behavior of families, the chief god and love goddess take care of souls, the giant goddess handle winter, and her own daughters staying, she decided to leave and continue her duties elsewhere.

And so she saw more of the world, her daughter, along with the few of her worshippers and punished who still remained alive.

She met a woman who eternally hunted across the night sky, her daughters her hunting hounds and wailing for prey.

She met a snow demon, though really he was less demon and more spirit like her, and inspired him to also reward the hard working and kind and punish those who weren't.

She met a winter spirit, much like herself, who embodied the harshness of winter, but only much, much later would embody more of the season when he came along with his dear friend, a saint, in his travels to reward good children.

She met a many more strangers on her path, giving out those who helped her in her travels in her wagon gold or gems and one of her familiars if they didn't.

Sometimes she appeared as she did when she was first born, young with snow white hair. Sometimes she appeared as old as her existence, wrinkled and hunched. And sometimes she appeared as alien as she truly was to the humans, all ugly with odd parts, sometimes of another animal and sometimes simply being deformed.

All the time, she would watch the humans, smiling at their progress even when she didn't help them and how more and more would celebrate winter and what they had despite its harshness, for there was beauty even in these times. And every once in a while, she would visit her daughters, see how things were going for them.

And then Ragnarok commenced.

She had felt it.

The deaths of her daughters back home.

Dead from the Twilight of the Gods.

All while she had been away.

So what did she do?

She... Her mind shut down.

Oh yes, it kept her moving. She still roamed around until it was winter time and she did her routine: check who prepared for winter, reward the industrious, punish those who shirked their duties, gathered lost souls.

But it was just that: a routine.

No better than a machine doing its function.

Everything was now grey.

The ground was grey.

The sky was grey.

The life was grey.

And then the Middle Ages came.

Doors were shut.

Fires were stoked.

Celebrations were stopped.

And they said that she was a witch.

That she was a monster.

That she was not the goddess that had been helping them for so, so, so long.

And that should've been fine.

She has, after all, experienced what being a mother was like. She had left her daughters back in the land of the Norse after all, for that was their choice and she loved them so she respected it. She would know that the children she cared for wouldn't need her anymore.

But this?

These false accusations of being a witch?

Not only on her...but on thousands upon thousands of innocent women?

Burned on the stake though they did nothing wrong?

Burned, burned, burned like the fires of a giant that ended the world that burned her daughters who only wanted to stay in the land they loved?

She snapped.

She roared.

...she wailed.

Her Wild Hunt was a hunt no more.

It was the cry of a goddess who had truly not faced mortality until it ripped what was precious to her in two.

It was just the cry of a mother that took out her grief on the world.

It was the cry of a woman that hated how unfair everything was.

But the next thing she knew...

...her power was much, much weaker than before.

She couldn't gather souls. She couldn't freely roam. She couldn't control or create snow as well as before.

It was fading.

Alongside her worship and the Mystery in the world.

She needed to go to the Reverse Side of the World.

And yet—

And yet—

And yet—

She didn't.

Her mind now clear, though she knew her time would be limited in staying in a world that did not welcome the old gods anymore...

She couldn't bring herself to go.

She couldn't bring herself to let go of the humans she had watched over for so long.

Perhaps had she gone much earlier, she could've made it so that even though she was in the Reverse Side, she could've still interacted with people. There were many stories of people crossing over to the land of the fae one way or another. But she was much weaker than before, so she couldn't.

And she had, for a time, shirked her duties and done nothing but cause them trouble.

So she felt it fair that, in the end, in keeping the last thing that was precious to her, keeping watch over humans, she was reduced to this state: a old lady secluded in the wood in what is now Germany.

And though she did eventually succumb to death as well, years and years and years after settling...

Many children came to her little home, as children were wont to do, exploring the strange yet enchanting mysteries of the forest near their home. She would do as she did before when she had wandered the world, observe their character and reward good behavior and punish bad.

And one of those children was one Henriette Dorothea Wild.

Better known as, Dortchen, wife of Wilhem Grimm of the Brothers Grimm.

Who told them the story of an old lady you could find in a well.

Who would give you gold if you helped with chores.

Who would instead give you frogs or pitch if you didn't.

And who would make the snow fall thanks to shaking it from her blankets.

And Jacob Grimm noticed the trail she left in the history of man.

And so her story was recorded in the first volume of Children's and Household Tales, "Grimm's Fairy Tales".

As the mother of frost, the most remembered form of the goddess whose first name has been lost to time.

The end.

Ha...

That was quite the long one, wasn't it? Ha, I probably could've shortened it at some points, but, well...us elders can't help but get carried away when we reminisce like that. I'm sorry for that.

Yet still, you listened to its end...so thank you. For listening to this old lady's story. Now...

...I will do my utmost best to help you."

Source
    Frau Holle
    Caster of Winter

Alternate Classes
    Rider, Binder
    Alignment
    Neutral Good
    Origin
    Germanic mythology and folklore, Grimm's Fairy Tales
    Attribute
    Heaven
    Height/Weight
    149 cm/4' 11''
    41 kg/91 lbs
    Trait
    Servant, Female, Divine, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Catalyst
    A piece of a certain well in Germany; a page of "Mother Holle" from the first print run of Grimm's Fairy Tales Volume One

Talent
    Weaving, making snow sculptures
    Natural Enemy
    Rule breakers, non-winter season deities, Surtr

Dislikes
    Laziness, unfairness

Parameters
    STR D
    END C
    AGI C
    MGI A
    LCK C
    NP A

Class Skills

Territory Creation A
    A Class Skill of the Caster class. It is a skill denoting the user's capability to build a special terrain that is advantageous to themself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana.
    Its rank is degraded from her younger years, but only relatively slight, as it is still high enough to be able to create "Frau Holle's Home", a seemingly non-descript home in a simple field. This area is equal to a "Temple", despite its appearance, as it can be placed in the sky, letting her perform her duties as a spirit of winter, and its entrance on the earth below a non-descript well. That, of course, takes much time and energy, so it can also be placed on the ground or under water as well.

Item Construction —
    A Class Skill of the Caster class. It is a skill denoting the user's capability to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. This skill requires time to gather components and manufacture items.
    It has been deemed unneccesary and sealed away due to Caster's Personal Skill, Weaver of Magic.

Divinity A
    A skill denoting the measure of the user's aptitude as a Divine Spirit.
    Caster normally possesses a "divine core", however, summoned as "Frau Holle", she is more akin to a human than a god. So instead she is treated instead more akin to a "demi-god", her divinity diminished in exchange for allowing herself to be more human and thus still live by them. It is still very high as she still retains nearly all her roles when she was a proper Divine Spirit.

Personal Skills

Kind Old Lady A
    A skill denoting the user's status as elderly and thus inherently appears harmless.
    Despite clearly being in a magical home in the skies, and thus she herself must be a magical being, children who have visited her do not perceive her as dangerous at all, describing her as an "old lady" to others once they leave.
    A passive skill that is a variant of Espionage skill with similar effects to Powerless Shell. Caster comes off as a "harmless old lady" to others, most Servants unable to sense she is one herself, her Parameters and skills heavily obscured. Even after performing various magical feats, the effect is still active, instead changing her perception from "harmless old lady" to an "old lady magus", and revealing her True Name as Frau Holle has some not quite realizing the significance of it. Only those who are familiar with her, both from her life and her legend, can grasp it and effect is lost. The only sure-fire way for the skill to no longer affect someone is when they witness her Noble Phantasm and realize that she is no mere human.

Weaver of Magic A
    A skill denoting its user's capabilities of performing magic as well as creating various things for the use of magic through weaving and crafting.
    A house filled with talking furniture, sheets that create snow, and gifts of gold for those who work hard in their weaving. Even after all this time, and even now known as Frau Holle, she is still associated with the home, hard work and rewards.
    Though the rank is high, this skill is merely degraded form of her skills when she was a goddess of weaving and magic combined into one.
    With this skill, she is able to create familiars appearing as inanimate obects, from to spoons to ovens to even houses should she wish. Each one she creates has the sentience and ability to speak with proper personalities. They also have Espionage D, allowing them to appear as harmless as the objects as they appear. Even though they're inanimate, they are able to move around and have all the senses any creature of flesh would, so Caster often uses them as easy-to-miss scouts and spies.
    She can also create various items at her leisure, from something as mundane as proper household objects to various precious gems and metals like diamonds and gold to more hindering or dangerous things like sticky pitch or bear traps.
    Her only limit on creations is needing some form of fiber and energy to transform it to the object she wants, and needing more of both the more complex the goal is, especially if it is outside her associations of snow, weaving and rewards for good work. She was a goddess of weaving after all, not crafts or metalwork.

Mother Frost A+
    "Mother Frost must be shaking her sheets."
    A skill denoting its user's title as "Mother Frost" and control over winter.
    Though a degraded form of her skill denoting her Authority and power as a goddess of winter, and thus not as powerful as when she was at the height of her worship, she is still heavily associated with winter and thus still has much control over snow and winter, thus the high rank. This is her main form of offense, creating blizzards that buffet the enemy or hindering them with an ungodly amount of snow. She can also control snow and ice not created by her, such as from enemies or the environment itself. Thanks to both of those abilities, she is also able to travel quickly, not unlike how someone who can control water and rides the waves they create.
    This skill's power is boosted when she unleashes the True Name of her Noble Phantasm, in order to allow her to perform it in the first place.

Noble Phantasm
    Sheet of Frost
    Frostschicht
    Frau Holle schüttelt ihre Betten aus

A seemingly harmless sheet for a bed.

Comfy, warm...and full of snow.

The crystalization of her most famous form and legend.

An elderly woman who creates snow.

Most of the time, it merely acts as like her "armor", the cloth as hard as a glacier, but as warm as an igloo underneath. She can even gift it to someone else, Master or Servant or just some stranger, and grant them this wamrth and protection a blanket is supposed to grant, "blocking out threats and keeping its holder's life within".

But when she speaks its True Name, all of winter is unleashed.

The winds roar.

The skies darken.

The cold sinks.

All of it combined to turn any territory within its reach of a hundred and twenty-five circumference into "winter"—thick snow grounds, tall shedded trees, and white wildlife—and thus it becomes "hers".

Any enemies within this newly created territory are pelted with constant passive damage from the ice that rejects them as well as hamper their movements while allies are granted protection against any "cold" or "ice" based spells or abilities. Further damage is increased should they have traits of "laziness" or "unfairness" to their natures. Unfortunately, this damage, separate from the hail and blizzard that affects enemies, can also apply to allies. Caster wishes it could be more flexible, but alas, her legend of "punishing the lazy" is intricately tied to her nature as a "spirit of winter", so she has little way of getting around it.

As this True Name release taps into the power of what remains of her Authority, it costs much energy to unleash, so typically she uses it once she has established "Frau Holle's Home" in full, otherwise there is a high chance of her fading after she uses it. Though, should that happen, the effects of the Noble Phantasm will remain for at least several minutes, especially if the season she uses it is close to or during winter, as she is merely "changing the season into winter", the season she has control over.

The season that she is.

Personality
    Frau Holle is known as a kind elderly woman who is stern but fair with her kindness, giving a chance for others to gain her favor and not allowing anyone to take advantage of her. And that is exactly how Caster acts, whether or not you realize she is a Servant. Most of the time, that is to say when there is no combat to be had, she is often the one working around, doing the chores, almost like a maid. If she can help it, she encourages others to do the same, whatever their roles must be, a cook, a navigator, an investigator and so on. If she sees anyone slacking off, she'll tell them off, and if that doesn't work, she pulls off some sort of little punishment to for ignoring her words. Because if there's one thing she greatly dislikes is laziness, stemmed for her dislike for unfair work or unearned rewards. Winter, and life, is harsh as it is. She will not stand for any further attempts to add to it.

She is not drill sergeant though, she won't deny anyone their rest or reward. She fully believes in having work done because there are rewards worth working for, whether that be ones given to you from treasures or belongings, to earning the affections and trust of another person, or anything and everything inbetween and beyond. With her age, and her experience, life is worth living, finding wonder in all its chaos despite its inherently unfairness at times. Thus when she is done with her work, she has her hobbies to relax. Weaving of different kinds—crochet, knitting, and more—mostly, and talking with others, occasionally giving advise should you ask of it from her. She will do her best to give good advice, but well, if it isn't within her wheelhouse, then it isn't always the best, but she is wise enough to know that and thus still direct you to someone she trusts will be helpful. And knowing how particular she is about one being industrious with their job or role, then you know that's a sign of approval.

But there are times, when she has nothing to do, when all the chores are done and missions for the day fulfilled, when she's had her fill of her leisure, does she seem to stare off to some unknown sight, lost in her thoughts. Looking at her, you can feel her age, much, much older than she appears. Sometimes it is melancholy, sometimes it is regretful, sometimes it is even...wrathful. But most of the time...it is bittersweet, with a smile that is wistful, as if she is remembering a happy time that she knows she cannot quite have back anymore.

And then there are other times, most noticebly in battle, where the harshness winter surfaces, the nornally sweet old woman cold to the deaths of her enemies and her wrath—her blizzards—towards those who gained her ire more than a match for the most searing of flames.

Because she is winter now tamed, just as winter today is a wonderous and special time for family and loved ones. A time enjoyable for those prepared for it...but underneath it all, still as dangerous and deadly and cold as it was long, long ago, ready to strike when you're unprepared.

Wish
    "My wish? ... Well, so long as we work hard to get it, preferably fair and square, but, well, life is isn't usually like that, but, ah...sorry, I'm rambling again. Hmm. I would... ... ...I would like for my daughters to still be remembered. The Twilight of the Gods destroyed so many of their records despite how much they did for their home."

Relationships:
    Cu Chulainn (Caster)
    "Ah...I see you're still meddling through what you think is best... Did you think it was best that you commenced Ragnarok? Did you think letting my daughters die was for the best? ... ...I know. It is nature. The old must be gone for the new, I know that better than most, but...couldn't you have done something, anything...to keep their memory alive, you stupid, narrowed sighted, man? They were your daughters too."

Hans Christian Andersen
    "Oh, one of the 'Big Three'. I am biased towards the Brothers Grimm of course, but it is still interesting to meet you, Mr. Andersen. Yes, even with your cutting words. ...perhaps words like yours are what I needed all those years ago..."

Scathatch-Skadi
    "Skadi! How are you? Do you still remember me? Ahaha...yes, I know you're...not exactly the one I knew...but, well, I can't help myself. How can I not think that? You are reminding me of myself with how you're acting, after all."

Santa Altria Alter, Santa Jeanne d'arc Alter, and other Santa Servants
    "Ah...no matter what is celebrated in this season, it's still always a joy to witness. Shall I help make a White Christmas?"

Skadi
    (RoydGolden)

"Ah, there you are, Skadi! I hope you still remember me. Yes, I look different, but still... It's me. Do you remember? The winter goddess you met that would lead the Wild Hunts in winter?"

Jacob & Wilhelm Grimm
    (RoydGolden)

"Ah... You have been affected by the stories you recorded...twisted to no longer resemble who you were in life... A shame. Thanks to you and Dortchen, I am still remembered as I last was. I'll do my best to pay that back in turn."

Krampus
    (Dark Lord Potato)

"My my. I didn't expect the winter spirit to be associated with Christmas like that. I'm glad to see you do more and still be remembered even to this day. How does it feel doing your job again?"

Little Red Riding Hood
    (Legendary Hero of the Chain)

"Little Red Cap... Ha... The lengths humans will go through... Well, since you like to hunt...well, I might be a rusty, but I know a thing or two about hunting. So would you like a hunt in the woods in the winter sometime?"

Loki=Rod
    (DracoScribe)

"You... Huh? ...sorry? ...You truly are the father that was in you, rather than the trickster as a whole, aren't you? ...I almost hate you for making it hard to hate this you as you are now. But that would be unfair. Hmph. Yes yes, laugh at this old woman's stubborn ways. Ha...still a trickster even this form... Well, it's not so bad."

Sigyn
    (DracoScribe)

"Ah, if it isn't the husvættir goddess. Don't even think about tricking me. I know your ways, young lady."

Baldr Jölnir
    (DelRey)

"Hmm? You're also celebrating my season? Well, I don't mind, but...do you truly need to carry mistletoe like that? I realize you enioy it, but we can't have you hurting yourself uneccesarily."

Frau Grauden
    (jishara)

"Oh, you. I didn't think I would see you here. How are you? Perhaps I can mend your clothes? ...I'm sorry I can't do anything to break your curse."

Snegúrochka
    (King of Padoru)

"Ha ha... You're his granddaughter, eh? Well, as fond I am of Santa Claus...I'll be rooting for you. I'm quite fond of your grandfather and all."

The Wild Who Fell In The Well

Another beginning. Another end. Another eloquent and enchanting tale told by little Dortchen.

And yet another day she stayed in her home.

Normally, she wouldn't mind. Children always wished to return to their own on their own.

But as each day passed, and each time little Dortchen grew more and more vibrant, she knew that, if she had the choice, she would remain here for all her life.

"Why don't you head on home now, Dortchen? I'm sure your family will miss you."

"I doubt it..." she said, sulking.

"What about those boys by your house? That Jacob and..." She paused, eyeing her. "Wilhelm Grimm, right?"

The little Wild blushed but said nothing.

"Come now. You can't hide here forever. I know..." She paused, this time from preventing her voice from breaking. "I know when things are bad, you want to avoid it...but if you stay here, then you would avoid the bad and the good. And remember what you told me was your least favorite kind of story?"

The girl softened as she admitted, "A story where nothing happens..."

"Yes. And nothing will happen if you stay here. Now go. Your friends are waiting for you. Who knows?"

She gave an encouraging smile.

"Perhaps one of them will help you find your happy ending."

Creator's Note
    Even though it's much belated, Happy New Year and Merry Christmas! I hope you like your present even if it might not be what you wanted.

Have you figured out who I am? Well, if you didn't, I'll reveal myself a day or two after this sheet is out. But if you did, I'll confirm it. I see no reason not to when I'll tell anyway.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool 2
    Like Fine Wine
    Golden oldies! Because there are too many young'uns about these days. A Servant who isn't just not young, but outright elderly. Sages, crones, old masters and nanny figures, and so on. Servants are typically summoned in their prime, so why one would manifest in their twilight years-- is a question you'll have to answer yourself.

Worst Class
    As the name implies, a Servant summoned in their worst possible class. This could be mechanically, i.e. their abilities are at their lowest with very little to compensate, or because this summoning represents the most unpleasant part of their legend, or perhaps the class brings out the worst parts of their personality. A simple Berserker could work for this, but you can also play around a little.

My Sister's Fate/
    More of a character prompt, a Servant that has intense "otome/BL character" vibes. Maybe it's a perfect prince charming, a protective brother figure with a darker side, a seemingly-bland individual with an unnatural ability to attract men's attention, a villainess-esque rival, a matchmaking side character... or just a dude with a mean streak and abnormally large hands.

Top Level Creator Notes
    I had some tests to do in the middle of this, which I completely forgot about when I registered, so the sheet is a little rushed. Well, I figured any sheet is better than no sheet at all, so I did try my best... I spent so much time on it, I don't even know whether it is good or bad.
    ;-;

The PromptWorst Class

As the name implies, a Servant summoned in their worst possible class. This could be mechanically, i.e. their abilities are at their lowest with very little to compensate, or because this summoning represents the most unpleasant part of their legend, or perhaps the class brings out the worst parts of their personality. A simple Berserker could work for this, but you can also play around a little.

~oOo~
    Welcome my sweet daughter, my favorite, the King of Upper and Lower Egypt, Maatkare, Hatshepsut. Thou art the Pharaoh, taking possession of the Two Lands.

Oh, so you finally summoned me, Master? I have been watching you for a while, you know?

...There is no need to back away so quickly, Master, after all, this is merely the start of a long and profitable relationship~

< - ⪻ - ⋘ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- ✥ -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⋙ - ⪼ - >The Hidden Watcher of the Land of Gods

Class
    Watcher
    Alternative Classes
    Caster, Avenger, Assassin, Rider
    True Name
    ▅▅▅▅▅▅Hatsheput
    Aliases
    The Unforgotten Pharaoh, Maatkare
    Origin
    Egypt, Historical Fact & Rumors
    Height/Weight
    178cm/55kg
    Alignment
    Lawful Good
    Attribute
    Sky

STR END AGI MAN LCK
    B+ C D A D

Cats, Being Flattered, Being Recognized For Her Accomplishments
    Dislikes
    Lies, Being Forgotten
    Talent
    Earning Money, Speaking in Hyberbole
    Natural Enemy
    Thutmose III
    Armament
    Claws
    Catalyst
    Fragments of The Statues of Pharaohs From Her Tomb

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Class Skills -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Class Skills

Territory Infringement
    EX
    The ability to bypass any territory or barrier no matter its origin.

Amun, also spelled as Amon or Ammon, was an Egyptian deity who was revered as the King of Gods. Originally one of the eight deities of the Hermopolite creation myth, when his cult reached Thebes where he became the patron God of the Pharos as the God Amun-Ra.

Unlike a certain Rider, Watcher seems to have a much greater affinity with Amun instead of Ra. Amun, one of the Creator Gods of the Egyptian Pantheon, was the origin of everything unseen bought into existence by 'being seen'. While Hatshepsut cannot perform anything comparable to that as a Watcher, she can borrow some of Amun's powers to 'birth' herself at any given place, as long as it is not being observed.

Rather than infringing upon territory, it would be much more accurate to say that she had always been inside the territory, obscured, unseen.

Watcher D
    The unique contract established between Watcher and her Master. She claims to be your manager, taking care of all the background stuff, letting you truly shine on the
    battlefield
    stage

Using the contract, she will guide her Master to be a successor... to what, exactly? She says that she'll tell you when the time comes. Watcher can communicate with the master and has neither the need nor the power to summon spirits.

Magic Resistance B
    As a demigod, Hatshepsut possesses Magic Resistance at B-Rank. At this rank she is capable of resisting all magecraft requiring three verses or lower. Even if targeted by greater magecraft or greater rituals, it is difficult for her to be effected, meaning any magi caught off guard without their strongest spells ready are easy targets for her.

A useful skill for Watcher who has a tendency to ram herself headfirst into conflict.

Presence Concealment C
    Assassin Class skill granted to her by the Protection of the Hidden God Amun. It is the capacity to hide one's presence as a servant. Suitable for spying, the rank of Presence Concealment drops considerably when preparing to attack.

While Hatshepsut can use this skill due to the Blessings of the Hidden God, this skill is completely at odds with her attention-seeking personality, and as it isn't really her own skill she often ends up activating it randomly. Truly a curse for someone who loves the spotlight as much as she does.

Divinity C
    To own a Divine Spirit aptitude. At the same time that a ruler is one that controls the people and reigns over the land, a pharaoh is also someone who reaches the gods. A pharaoh has his divinity change in accordance with factors such as era. Hatshepsut is regarded as the daughter of the Unseen God Amun, as well as one of its incarnations.

As Watcher is a forgotten Pharaoh, this skill is at a much lower rank than it should be.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Personal Skills -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Personal Skills

Damnato Memoriae
    A
    It was a hot, dusty day in early 1927 when Herbert Winlock happened across a scene of brutal destruction with all the hallmarks of a vicious personal attack. Signs of desecration were everywhere; eyes had been gouged out, heads lopped off, the snake-like symbol of royalty hacked from foreheads.

Unearthed from a pit in the great temple complex at Deir el-Bahri were smashed statues of the Pharaohs. The images had suffered every possible indignity imaginable as the violators vented their spite on the Pharaoh's brilliantly chiseled, smiling features.

To the ancient Egyptians, the Pharaohs were Gods. What could this one have done to warrant such a blasphemy? Regardless of the reason, the attempt to remove the Pharaoh from history were largely successful. Thutmose I and Thutmose II stood where the Queen once did, claiming most of her successes for themselves, and the Hatshepsut was soon forgotten by the people of Egypt.

Grants Hatshepsut something akin to Information Erasure. It is impossible to deduce her appearnace or identity, even if she stands before you in broad daylight. Does not erase evidence of engagement from the scene, so by the way of logical deduction it is possible to figure out her name and class.

She can also designate a target as her 'scapegoat', passing on any of her commendations and blame to them, though depending on who it is passed to others may quickly realize that something is amiss on careful consideration, which will quickly break the effect.

Using her special contract with her Master as a Watcher, she can lend out her skills and even Noble Phantasm to them, in order to make them fight in her stead. Of course, she can't just hand them out on a whim. Instead, the more of her trials her Master passes, the more she can share with them.

While Caster dislikes this skill as she sees it as something akin to an insult to her reign as a Pharaoh, and she is not the type to put the blame of her own mistake on others. However, she is not above using it for her own amusement. Depending on her mood, she may play pranks on other heroic spirits and blame it on Merlin, watching the resulting chaos from a safe distance.

Golden Rule B
    As a Pharaoh, she won't ever lack for funds, but the reason she has this skill at such a high rank is because of the prosperity she brought to her homeland. She led a trading expedition to the fabled land of Punt, where no Egyptian had been for five hundred years. They returned with gold, ivory and live myrrh trees to be replanted, alongside a menagerie of exotic animals.

As Watcher is a forgotten Pharaoh, this skill is at a much lower rank than it should be, though it is still enough for her to make a throne out of QP, she doesn't forget to remind her Master.

Natural Body C
    Before Watcher's birth, her father Amun instructed Khnum, The Potter, to construct Hatshepsut's body and ka out of clay. He bestows upon her, 'life, strength, and all gifts'. Once finished, he offers her back to the God Heket who presents upon her the ankh of life. Thus, Watcher has a supernaturally healthy body unknown to illness or diseases. She can temporarily rank up her strength, furthermore, no matter how many calories she intakes her body shall not change.

Imperial Privilege C
    For Hatshepsut, the relevant skills are Architecture, Charisma, Charm, Dancing, Fine Arts, Riding and Tactics. Her reign was a mostly peaceful one, with most of the military matters handled by her son Thutmose III, who went on to create one of the largest empires Egypt had ever seen. Hatshepsut, who does not have any experience in combat can use her Imperial Privilege to fight competently.

As Watcher is a forgotten Pharaoh, this skill is at a much lower rank than it should be.

Protection of the Hidden God A
    Hatshepsut is the one who receives the protection of Amun, The Hidden God. Allows her to use Presence Concealment, as well as letting her qualify for the Class Watcher.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Noble Phantasms -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Noble Phantasms

The Forgotten Land of Gods
    Sekhmu ta Netjer

Manifestation of one of Watcher's greatest achievements, the trading expedition to Punt, the Land of Plenty, which supplied Egypt with many of its most important goods. However, after her death, the land of Punt slowly receded from the imaginations of the people of Egypt until it became a semi-mythical land which came to be seen as the origin of Egyptian culture and the land of gods, slowly acquiring the same air of mystery as Atlantis and El Dorado.

Strangely, this Noble Phantasm seems to have taken a lot more inspiration from the 'Tale of The Shipwrecked Sailor', instead of the actual expedition to Punt which Watcher sent.
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2]
    Tale Of The Shipwrecked Sailor (Very Abridged)
    One day, a sailor went on a voyage.

Because of a harsh storm, the sailor falls overboard and gets washed up on an island where a giant Serpent approaches him, and when the sailor tells him of his plight, the Serpent laughs and tells him that he will be saved by his shipmates after four months, live to an old age and die while being surrounded by many children.

The Serpent then relays his tragedy to him, of how he lived on this island with seventy-four of his kin and an orphan girl he adopted, when a star fell on the island, taking the lives of everyone except him (and his adopted daughter in some versions of the myth).

The sailor quickly promises to tell his Pharaoh of the serpent's power, who would send him many riches. The Serpent laughs in reply and says that unlike the poor sailor, he is the Lord of Punt, rich in incense and riches. Regardless, by the time he returns the island would have been covered by the sea.

The Serpent offers him many precious gifts in return for a promise to talk well of him when he reaches his hometown. The sailor accepts, and soon returns home, praising the Serpent God. He offers the king many riches he took from the island, telling him of his many adventures. To recompense him, the king makes him an attendant in the court and gives him many serfs letting him live happily ever after.

Allows Watcher to summon a giant Serpent, the 'Lord of Punt' to use as a mount, the other seventy-four of his kin seem to be missing. As the 'Land of Gods' has already sunk under the waves after Watcher's death, the serpent cannot display his full prowess. At the cost of its life, the Serpent can breathe a fireball from its mouth as hot as the falling star which wiped out the Land of Punt, after which it turns into a giant tidal wave.

Hatshepsut claims that if she were to be summoned as a rider, she would be able to summon all of its kin with her, each of which can be used as a one-time expendable bullet. As for the Serpent's adopted daughter... well, it looks like Watcher has currently taken over that role for now.

Apotheosis Via Sacrifice
    Sekhmu ta Netjer

As the Unseen God Amun gives way to the God of the Sun Ra with his death, Hatshepsut, the incarnation of Amun, can sacrifice her own Saint Graph for her master. This is the her final Noble Phantasm as a watcher, to sacrifice herself for the birth of a new
    Pioneer
    Star

Her Role as the 'Unseen' God passes away, leaving all of its raw Mystery to her Master as the 'Seen' One. The more Hatshepsut 'invests' in her Master, that is, the more of her trials they clear, the brighter they shine when she uses this Noble Phantasm. At its very peak, it gives Master an effect akin to the Pioneer of the Stars skill, allowing all impossibilities to disappear, and turn into events which can be realized, and etching his Legend across the skies, making him as widely known as the Sun.

Watcher will only use this Noble Phantasm if she is sure that her Master has grown to a satisfactory degree, to the point where she no longer needs to keep an eye out for them. This might be a parting for now, but she is sure that they will meet again, sooner or later. She will be looking forward to see how much they have grown.

Though, being elevated with this Noble Phantasm might them the enmity of a certain other Divine Spirits. It would not be a problem in most cases, but...

[RUBT=Amun]'I'[/RUBY] have already failed my daughter once, she smiles, but I am certain you will be a lot more successful than me!

Saying these final words, Watcher decides to stop thinking and trust her Master. Surely, this isn't an excuse to just leave all her problems to them and run away!

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Personality, Lore & Relationships -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Personality, Lore & Relationships
    For many years, Hatshepsut (ca 1508– 1458 B.C.) appeared content with the traditional female role of supporting player among Egypt’s royals. She was the daughter of one pharaoh (Thutmose I) and queen wife of another (her half brother, Thutmose II). When her husband died in 1479 B.C. and her stepson was appointed heir, Hatshepsut dutifully took on the added responsibility of regent to the young Thutmose III.

As the years passed, however, Hatshepsut acted less like a temporary overseer and more like Egypt’s rightful ruler, referring to herself as “Lady of the Two Lands.” With Thutmose III nearing maturity—when he would officially assume the throne—she made a daring power play.

Hatshepsut declared herself pharaoh, adopting the emblems and titles associated with the title. She had herself portrayed in pictures as a man, with a male body and false beard. She even claimed the god Amun as her father and insisted that he meant for her to take charge of Egypt: “I acted under his command; it was he who led me.”

Despite the protests, Hatshepsut's reign was a successful and peaceful one-- so much so that the Pharaohs after her decided to remove her name from history, so threatened were they by the mere existence of a successful Pharaoh who was also a woman. Thus, her reign remained a secret for centuries.

In front of a normal master, Hatshepsut would conduct herself with the majesty of a Pharaoh. Though she may not strictly qualify as one as a Watcher, she still was one of the most successful Pharaohs of Egypt who brought many riches to her land after all. While not to the point of overconfidence, she is a wise and confident ruler who doesn't hesitate to use everything under her disposal even though she might personally find it distasteful.

Moreover, she has a sense of fairness where someone doing good work is to be rewarded, and slackers ought to be punished. As a Pharaoh, it would have been easy to depose of Thutmose III, yet she did not banish him, letting him serve as a co-ruler. Thutmose was in charge of the military, putting him in prime position to launch a coup, yet she placed him there because it best served his talents. Indeed, Thutmose grew on to become one of the best generals of the dynasty. There were even rumors started of her having an illicit relationship with Senenmut, a low-born commoner born of illiterate parents, who went on to become her chief advisor, though they are largely dismissed.

Even though she is summoned as a servant for the sake of the holy grail, this sense of meritocracy remains strong. She will not tolerate an incompetent summoner for even a second. However, in case she is summoned by a Master with extraordinary potential, she may even set aside the Holy Grail War to observe them.

"But you are no ordinary Master, are you?"

For the Master of Chaldea, however, she feels a strange kind of emotion. Perhaps it was pity? After all, she seen them work tirelessly as the Sole Master of Humanity, fighting every day to insure the survival of Human Order.

And yet despite all that effort... nobody was going to remember them in the end.

Though she does not possess Clairvoyance as a Watcher, it is quite obvious what will happen at the end of this journey. Chaldea was already at the process of being shut down at the end of the singularities, and 'there was no proof' of the Master's actions according to the Magus Association. To someone like her, who ruled magnificently as a Pharaoh and yet was erased from history, with all her accomplishments stolen by others, this was an oddly familiar feeling.

This feeling... maybe it wasn't pity, but a sense of kinship?

But of course, now that she is here, there is no way Master is going to suffer such a droll fate. And the solution, well, it was quite obvious. Master was obviously in need of a competent manager who wouldn't let them be pushed around by other Mages.

And so, she has decided. Though this may be her weakest form, though she may have to make her Master fight every battle instead of her from now on... that's a sacrifice she is quite willing to make! She is going to have to keep looking at her Master for quite some time now.

She likes hard-working competent people, while she hates slackers who are only good for taking other's credit. No, she wasn't angry about that. Truly.

As for her wish for the Holy Grail... it is the completion of all her Great Works, of course! She does not wish to suffer these indignities from the hands of her descendants any longer, nor for her beautiful creations to be defiled. Admittedly it is a rather petty wish, but what of it?

Bond 5

After spending so long observing you, I wonder if you too would count as mine? Fufufu, well, it wouldn't do to rob myself of the satisfaction of witnessing your journey, so I will hold off making my wishes for now.

Thutmose III
    She is rather annoyed with him, as well as his children. Not only did they deface all her monuments, they also took credit for all her works. Still, it would be a lie to say she isn't fond of her stepson at some level. And well, "at least he is competent, unlike his son."

Nitocris
    Both of them are female Pharaohs, so they get along well. Nitocris really does look up to Watcher as her sempai!

Any Idol-Type Servant (Mysterious Idol X)
    While she prefers to manage one person at a time, she doesn't really mind being a manager to some idols on the side. Ganbare~ Ganbare~ Idol-chan

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Craft Essence -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Craft Essence

Hidden Murals
    The early modern Egyptologists presumed that Thutmose III was acting out of resentment against Hatshepsut once she became a Pharaoh, but now it is assumed that the act was not born out of hatred, but was instead a political necessity to protect his own beliefs.

Then, what exactly did Thutmose think of his Stepmother? Egyptologists doubt that someone as widely successful as him would stew on his resentment for twenty odd years, there was nothing to indicate that in the years preceding that.

Well, neither Watcher nor Thutmose III talk of each other, so I doubt we're ever going to find out, but what we do know is that here and there, in the dark recesses of a shrine or tomb where no plebeian eye could see, the queen's cartouche and figure were left intact... which never vulgar eye would again behold, still conveyed for the king the warmth and awe of a divine presence.

Bottom Level Creator Notes
    Finally done. Honestly, I'd like to thank DelRey a lot for his Extra Class Compilation, his general formatting style which I shamelessly ripped off, and his Egyptian Nasuverse Blog, which definitely inspired some things here.

Seriously though, I'd have blown my head off if I didn't have these three things, so thanks.

Anyway, I feel like I could have made this sheet much more streamlined in my opinion, much more focus on her being erased from history, I guess? A bit more attention to Noble Phantasms, Relationships and the CE would have been nice too! Plus I don't know if I managed to get her personality right, as a serious yet playful character? I might revisit this sheet later.

Blog Entries
    Gee, I wonder who these first 2 are. Their format is so unrecognizable.
    We may never know.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool 3
    1) Unconventional weapons
    Probably a staple of Fate nowadays, but seeing their creativity never gets old. An Archer who uses words as projectiles, a Saber who uses their fists as a blade, a Lancer who uses a tower as a "spear"... Basically, a Servant of a specific Class who wields a weapon beside the most obvious one that the Class would imply.

2) Parental bonds
    A child who felt inferior to their legendary parent, a parent who sacrificed everything to ensure their child would live a good life, a child who detested their parent and made it their life's goal to defeat them... anything works, so long as that bond between parent and child is the main theme in the sheet. There's a lot of possible relationships to explore there, and this prompt is not strictly limited to biological parents.

3) Final boss
    Exactly as it says on the tin; a Servant worthy of being a final boss in a Singularity/Lostbelt/event/whatever. Of course, not all final bosses have to be evil, universe-destroying threats. Under certain circumstances, even a relatively average Joe could become a final boss. Writing a story to accompany the Servant is entirely optional, but I know some of you are just itching to write full-on fanfics here.

The servant was chasing me, the rookie who had not even managed to summon his servant yet.

Going to Fuyuki was the worst mistake of my life.

It was likely the last one.

Exhausted and reaching a dead end, I turned around to face Assassin. With bloody hands and a smile on his face, he looked more like a ghost than a genuine hero.

What was I supposed to do? Was I supposed to stand still, to do nothing and wait for me to die? No! Impossible, if I was here it was to grant my wish, to redeem my sins and change my fate!

I could not die! I could not die here and now!

And as I reaffirmed my resolution...

It appeared.

Emerging from a summoning circle that had been traced here by someone else, my prayers were answered and a warrior appeared to me.

Without me even having the time to say anything, he leapt at Assassin. The latter, not expecting a servant to appear, was completely caught off guard. With a decisive blow, my servant thrust his sword of light into the body of the enemy, breaking his spine.

On the ground and powerless, the thing did not stop. Pulling the sword out of Assassin's body, it slammed it into him once more before repeating the process over and over again.

Assassin screamed, not being allowed a swift death he had to endure the terrible pain of having his body crushed and cut up without him being able to do anything about it.

I was reluctant to intervene, but if I did... I would be killed too, wouldn't I?

Petrified, I could only watch as the thing I had summoned lashed out at Assassin's trembling body.

Before finally ending his ordeal by crushing the head of the servant with his foot. His skull exploded and stained the thing with the blood of its prey.

His spiritual body disappeared, and my servant finally turned towards me.

It smiled.

As if it wasn’t a monster, as if it hadn’t just shown the most cruel way to slay an enemy.

It smiled innocently at me, its eyes brimming with joy.

The Monster who wanted to become a Hero
    Beauty and Brutality

Class: Saber
    True Name: Yamato Takeru
    Also known as: The Brave of Yamato, Ōsu
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Qualified Servant classes: Lancer, Assassin, Berserker
    Attribute: Heaven
    Source: Japanese Mythology

"I ask of you, are you my master? Are you the one I will serve... until the very end?"

Parameter

Strength: A+ Endurance: A Agility: A
    Mana: C Luck: E Noble Phantasm: A+

Dislikes: Evil
    Talent: To defeat her master's ennemies

Legend

Once upon a time, the emperor asked his son, Ōusu-no-Mikoto, to go in search of two famous beauties to ask them to be his wives, but Prince Ōusu took them for himself and presented two others instead. Hesitating to punish his son, the emperor asked Princess Ōsu to go and "warn" her brother. After five days spent in vain waiting for Ōusu to reappear at the court to apologize to his father, the emperor questioned Ōsu directly.

The girl looked at her father in confusion. With a smile on her face, she informed him of the oblivious.

“I ripped off his arms and legs. He didn’t last long after that.”

The emperor was speechless, what kind of human would do something like that?

“Did you want his body? I am sorry father. I threw it away. Scum like him should be treated like garbage right?”

She wasn’t a human.

Frightened by this show of force and brutality, the Emperor mandated Osu-no-Mikoto to subdue the Kumasō barbarians. The princess was honored to answer her father’s request.

But the only thing the Emperor wished was that this demoness would find her death fighting the two great heroes of Kumasō.

She did not. Dressed in a beautiful kimono, she charmed the two heroes before slaughtering them while they were distracted. This is when she was granted the name of Yamato Takeru, the brave of Yamato who fear not even heroes.

As the princess continued to demonstrate her strength, brutality and sadistic tendencies, the Emperor continued to dispatch her to perform arduous tasks. But Yamato Takeru was always victorious. Armies, demons and gods, Takeru could defeat them all. Eventually, her aunt, the highest priestess of Amaterasu at Ise Grand Shrine, revealed her the truth. She told her her father dreaded her and sent her on so many perilous missions because he hoped she would never come back.

“My father wishes I would die?"

The princess was, until this day, obvious to her father’s murderous intentions. From the very beginning, Yamato Takeru only wished to serve her father as a loyal retainer. She had thought that her father wanted her to become a hero he could be proud of.

“Yet, I will complete my task. Whatever may come, I will become stronger and defeat all of my father’s enemies.”

Despite the grim truth, Yamato Takeru decided to continue obeying her father’s every command. She couldn’t comprehend him. She couldn’t understand that her strength and brutality only caused more fear. She could only continue doing what she had always done: crush his enemies.

Takeru’s aunt, in pity, offered her the sacred sword Ame-no-Murakumo-no-tsurugi. Yamato Takeru also received a blessing from the goddess Amaterasu, recognizing her as a hero of Yamato blessed by its land.

As such, the hero continued to serve her father.

But until the very end, she could never be loved by him.

A devoted girl that will do absolutely everything to please her master. Saber serves her master as if it was her own father, a means to try to achieve what she could never have when she was still alive: to be loved by the one she serves. Something that she couldn't obtain because she couldn’t change for him. Saber is a girl who acts in an inhumane way and doesn’t understand others. She considers things as either good or bad, those who oppose her master should obviously die in pain. At least, that is what she believes.

Her wish is not something achievable with the Holy Grail. What she desires is to serve her Master, to do better than with her father.

“This time, I won’t fail my master. This time, I’ll do things right.”

But is she truly able to change? Or is she fated to repeat the same mistake, over and over again…

Class Skills

Magic Resistance: B- Magic Resistance grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.

Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by greater magecraft and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected. Saber has a hard time dealing with curses.
    Riding: C One can flawlessly manage beasts and vehicles if they have received the proper training and adjustments. However, Saber cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts.
    Divinity: A Divinity is the measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels, one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit - a demi-god. This Skill has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defense" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig.

A descendant of the sun goddess Amaterasu born with an incredible high ranked divinity. A woman revered as a demi-god during her lifetime and that lived as such. When her time came, she transformed into a great white bird and flew away achieving deification. Though this version of Saber isn’t a divine spirit

Personnal Skills

Brave One of Yamato: A A unique skill of Yamato Takeru derived from her name which was given by Kumasō-no-Takeru before being killed. A title to symbolize her bravery although for an outsider it might look like recklessness more than anything. A more appropriate way to see it is that Saber doesn’t live in the same world as mortals, she does not possess the same common sense as other humans.

Monsters are neither scared of other monsters or heroes.

As such she possesses a fierce mental resistance as well as a protection from pain.
    Beautiful Princess: C- Beautiful Princess is a Skill representing one's charismatic nature in regards not to leadership, but the ability to charm the people around oneself.

Saber knew how to use her body to defeat her opponent, the most famous instance of it is when she charmed the two heroes of Kumasō before murdering both of them while they least expected it. She is endowed with a beautiful appearance, at first sight one can easily fall in love with her gorgeous features. However, after revealing her true nature, the effect of the skill is canceled. One cannot be charmed by Saber after witnessing her brutal fighting style and cruel demeanor.
    Stout Arm of Brutality: A++ Stout Arm of Brutality is the peerless strength that was used to murder her brother with her bare hand. Though she might look like a delicate young lady, her force is said to be enough to crush gods. Well, that might be an exaggeration but still, every being who gazes at her monstrous brutality is overcome with fear. Though it might seem like a great blessing, the savagery of Saber makes it hard to trust her. There is a high chance the Master will betray or abandon Saber after witnessing it.

While Saber is proficient at fighting with her bare hands, the skill also applies with any other weapons. There is an anecdote that claims she killed a deity with a piece of leek. The strength and the terror created by the skill are slightly reduced but is compensated by the quality of the Noble Phantasm most of the time.

Noble Phantasm

Heavenly Sword of Gathering Clouds
    Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi

Type: Anti-Fortress
    Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi is one of the three Imperial Regalia of Japan. A legendary sword that came from the tail of Yamata-no-Orochi, the Eight-Forked Serpent, when it was slain by the god Susanoo. At first, it was given the name “Ama-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi” due to the fact that clouds were always gathering over the head of the Eight-Forked Serpent. Yamato Takeru received the sacred sword at the Ise Jingu Shrine and wielded it to fight off a grass fire, warding off a calamity and gave it the name “Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi” which means “the grass cutting sword”.

The sword was born from the body of an evil god of cataclysms. The personifications of storms which could only be killed by a fellow god of storms. Kusanagi’s special ability is to harness the power of the god and control the wind, a powerful weapon that can produce hurricanes with a single slash and could even split open a mountain when used at full power. Though because Takeru is only a human, the sword’s true power is sealed. Its true potential is that of a divine blade which recreates the evil god Yamata-no-Orochi, an uncontrollable force of nature, a storm which could have destroyed the Japanese texture.

Because it is a powerful and iconic Noble Phantasm, the mear sight of the sword is enough to recognize it and to greatly endanger Saber’s identity.

Blessing of Amaterasu
    Yakizu

Type: Barrier
    Yakizu is a blessing bestowed to Yamato Takeru by her aunt together with the sword Kusanagi. It also serves as a proof that Takeru is blessed by the goddess of the sun Amaterasu. Yakizu is a bounded field which surrounds her sword. Usually, it covers Kusanagi in a blanket of fire that serves to conceal its appearance but also limit its true power. As a blade forged from one of the tails of Yamata-no-Orochi, Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi is intimately linked with water. A blade of storms and floods whose power is partly suppressed by the fiery blessing of Amaterasu. To bystanders, Kusanagi resemble something akin to a lightsaber without any defined details, a sword of divine light.

Most of the time, Yamato Takeru combines Yakizu with her ability to control the wind to create powerful gusts of fire and burn everything in its path. She can even create a small tornado of fire to incinerate everything around her. An ability that was used to defeat an evil warlord and its army of archers in Sagami by burning them to the ground. It became the origin of the place name of Yaizu City.

Incidentally, because Saber’s blade is covered by fire, wounds inflicted to the opponents are immediately cauterized. Takeru uses this to cause immense pain to her foe without letting him die of blood loss. A cruel way of inflicting damage that only makes Saber scarier.

“Evil is evil, as such, it should die in pain.”

Monstrous Beast of Cataclysmes
    Great Curse of Ibuki

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    The Great Curse of Ibuki inflected on Yamato Takeru, an higher class curse from the Curse of the Orochi skill which is a degraded version obtained after many generations. This curse is the genuine article, its first and strongest form, the same curse that turned Koga Saburo, the ancestor of the Koga Mochizuki, into a snake. Though it is entitled a curse, from the perspective of the one who casted it, the sovereign god of Ibuki, Yamata-no-Orochi, it’s a blessing.

A divine favor that offers a part of Orochi’s power to the one who receives it. The target slowly transforms into an avatar of the god Ibuki, a monstrous being possessing the power of one of the seven heads of this dragon of destruction.

Saber received it while she went to Mt. Ibuki to slay the deity there with her bare hands. There, she met the deity of Ibuki in serpent guise and had hail rained down upon her by the god. That's when she was cursed. The god of Ibuki never elaborated on why he cursed the hero of Yamato. Some people think he was offended by Saber's arrogance who pretended to be able to defeat him and was not afraid of this great monster of the storms. His curse would thus be a bad trick. But maybe the truth is completely different, maybe he bequeathed his power to Saber because he saw how monstrous she was. After all, isn't there a better person than the woman who can wield his power to become his avatar? The hero who could use Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi was probably destined to gradually change into a demonic snake.

Yet, that did not happen. Saber did not turn into a monster, instead she became weaker and weaker until she died.

Why?

Because she did not want to become a monster. She rejected the curse, and it became something that consumed her. Mind and body were tortured, because she refused until the very end to become a beast of destruction.

Even if her father thought of her as a monster, she needed to resist the transformation. If she became more of a monster, what would her father say? If she let herself be consumed by evil, who would ever love her? She might never be loved but still, until the end she wanted to try being someone her father could be proud of.

“I wanted to become a hero.”

As a servant, Saber is summoned in her prime. She is without a doubt a top servant. However, even in her state the curse of Orochi is attached to her existence. She cannot escape it and is plagued to suffer its effect.

Slowly, as days pass, her health declines. While she is incredibly strong, her parameter continuously decreases until her body can’t take it anymore and dies off. The optimal solution would be to defeat all the servant in a single night, though even for her it might be a challenging task especially depending on the servants summoned. Nevertheless, as her power continuously decreases, she will still try to do her best. Her skill Brave One of Yamato is able to slow down the process, without it she would likely die very quickly.

But, if she chooses, she can embrace the curse and become an evil dragon of destruction. If she ever loses all hope, if she ever feels like finally accepting the love that was given to her by Yamata-no-Ororchi, then she would become an enemy of humanity.
    Author's Notes
    I was reaaaly busy, but I still managed to finish the sheet (I would have hated it if I didn't). Anyway, not much to say here. I would have liked to elaborate more on her personality, especially the "bravery" part to show how she doesn't fear anything but I didn't have the time. I have had this idea of a Yamato Takeru sheet for a while now. I was too lazy to do it, but when I saw the prompt I didn't hesitate. After all, a lot of people theorize that the Saber from Fate/Last Samurai is Yamato Takeru and I wanted to call dibs on him. I did it first, Fate/Last Samurai copied me!

Blog Entries
    And this one feels like Takeru from Rozen Garten. Except less horny.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool 4
    The Family that Slays Together...
    A Servant composed of (1) adult human male and (1) adult human female married to each other, plus (1) or more of their offspring, all sharing a single Spirit Origin. Wholesome content only; if you absolutely must include dysfunctions within the family dynamic, explain how their becoming a Servant will allow them to overcome it.

Making Money, Making Magic
    A Servant that discusses the relationship between economic and thaumaturgical power.

Puppeteers of the Cave Wall
    Pick your favorite philosopher from the early modern period onward... then justify them being or having a linchpin for the planet's current texture. Syncretic shenanigans are accepted, but I want to see how their philosophy informs most-- if not all-- aspects of modern life.

Fairy tales were not my escape from reality as a child... Rather, they were my reality.

But I suppose that is because I tend to believe in everything until disproved. So I believe in fairies, myths and dragons. It all exists, even if only inside my mind. Who’s to say that dreams and nightmares aren’t as real as the here and now?

People think dreams aren’t real just because they aren’t made of matter or particles, but I tell you... Dreams, much like fairy tales, can be real. Sometimes, they are real. They are all made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and lost hopes.

If you ask what they think of dreams, though, I suppose they’d answer that they dream so they don’t have to be apart for so long. In their belief, if they see each other in their dreams, they can be together all the time. And perhaps, that’s not very practical... But it’s still very romantic, right? At least, I think it is.

I used to think of them as my role models. They were my normalcy, and it never crossed my mind that there existed a different type of life. That was their mistake, making me believe that fairy tales could possibly exist in this world... That was my mistake, being deliberately blind to all the signs to the contrary... But now I hold no bitter feelings about any of that. In fact, I only feel pity for us all.

They dreamed and dreamed and dreamed... And yet, all that awaited them at the end of their journey was pain.

I dreamed and dreamed and dreamed... And yet, there was not enough hope to feed a single one of my wishes.

So people can doubt their dreams all they want. I’ll not judge them for it, I will not call that a lack of character. Sometimes, a burden is just a burden. But one thing I know for certain, and this is the one belief I’ll never back down—

Wishes are only granted in fairy tales.

Liebes Fräuchen
    Under the Gaze of a Memory

Cendrillon by Suzunosuke

Aliases:「Victoria」
    Class: Binder.
    Height
    : 153 cm / 175 cm / 144 cm.
    Dislikes: Death.
    Attribute: Human.
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral.
    Origin: England.
    Natural Enemy: Otto von Bismarck.
    STR E
    END D
    AGI E
    MGI C
    LUC C
    NP C

Once upon a time, on her 17th birthday, a young princess met a dashing prince. If there is such a thing as a fairy tale in this world, then they surely fell in love at first sight. But if you don’t believe in such stories, then please do me a favor and merely accept my account of the facts for now—I say they were indeed smitten.

However, before their romance could bloom into the most precious flower, a year later, the young princess was met with a difficult challenge: a golden crown of thorns upon her head, a brand-new title as 「Queen」 and the reality of life: fairy tales are, most times, just that. Fairy tales. But the princess was a fairly stubborn woman and she was determined to prove to each and every one that a kingdom could be built upon dreams.

The kingdom this newly-appointed queen was supposed to watch over was one of bustling possibilities, enveloped in challenges that were met head-on by her. She solved every problem as they came with the wide-eyed optimist of the young, to the point where she even forgot, albeit for a moment, of the prince of her dreams. However, that was only her brain—her heart still yearned for him, her body aching for the sight of him... And soon, even her subjects noticed her loneliness.

“Please, my Queen”, they would say. “Go find your prince.”

“No”, she’d firmly reply, her desk filled with paperwork. The letters of her love forgotten in a pile she never quite had the time to look at. “And what sweetness there is in my happiness, if my subjects are to suffer all the while?”

Her subjects—satisfied with everything she gave to them, but at the same time saddened by everything she was sacrificing for that—worked really hard to throw a festival, one day. On the last day, they would even have a wonderful masked ball. They secretly invited the prince and gave to him a golden, feathered mask. “Let us surprise our Queen”, they said in mischievous glee, and the prince agreed to that.

But love is a flame that flickers and trembles, yet never dies.

The Queen partied every day, basking in the happiness of her subjects. But on the last day, on the masked ball, it took but a single glance at his direction... She recognized her prince behind his gilded mask. She wept happy tears at the reunion. But she had no time to do anything else, for he promptly fell on his knees and vowed to never leave her side. Despite her weak protests he kept his word, he never left. And then, finally she marries her dreamy prince and they lived happily ever after.

—And if this was truly a fairy tale, I think this would be the perfect spot to end this story, right?

But this is life and the youthful princess and prince, they were my mother and father.

Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, a fairy tale made real.

I’m aware you probably found inconsistencies in my account with how the real pair operated, considering their names, and I think we are all painfully aware of where their love will lead the two of them, but please, as I said before, accept my version of them for now. Indulge me in this wish, join me in this dream. After all, they gave it all to build it—an invisible thread that spawned a legend in all land, in fact. She’s not called 「The Grandmother of Europe」 just for show, you know?

“Honestly, my dearie, what are you telling them now?”

Oh, father! Good timing. I’m just telling them about the day you and mother met. It’s one of my favorite anecdotes of you two.

“Are you still mixing this up with your memories about that one Carnival? I swear, child, you have always been so enamored with masked balls since that day that you transform anything in an excuse to use them.”

“Well, truth or not, it’s sure a fun story at least, isn’t it?”

I think it is too. A fairy tale can allow itself to be a bit whimsical at times.

“See? It is just some make-believe. It’s all good and fun. Relax a little, my love.”

(He says that putting his hands on her shoulders, the way he knows that will make her melt every time.)

“—Goodness! It’s no good to pamper the children, Albert.”

(Already mollified, she melts under his touch.)

Character

Born in 1819, Victoria was the only daughter of Edward, Duke of Kent, the fourth son of George III. Her father died shortly after her birth and she became heir to the throne because the three uncles who were ahead of her in the succession had no legitimate children who survived. Finally in 1837, after the death of the last one she became Queen at the age of 18.

Meanwhile, Prince Albert’s father, Duke Ernest of Coburg, was a brother of Queen Victoria’s mother. Since he was a second son, Albert would have no inheritance and no occupation... And perhaps, because of this, his family conspired almost from his birth to link the cousins in marriage.

Victoria met Albert only once during her 17th birthday, and although she confessed in her diary that day to finding the young man handsome, in turn, he was rather unimpressed.

As a Queen, however, she interviewed other German, Dutch and even Russian princes, and found them all unsatisfactory in some way. In truth she was not interested in marrying, as she was enjoying her role and wanted nothing to inhibit it, but her advisers had no use for a willful queen and always emphasized the matter of the succession. And so, as if recalling back the only man that ever moved her heart even slightly, Albert was called back.

Victoria knew she was rather plain, with her only asset being her position as queen of the mightiest empire on the globe. However, to her surprise, he accepted her marriage proposal with no hesitation. Of course both were very well-aware that his life would be secondary to the support of the queen, and he would have to gripe with the unhappiness of being an outsider in her court forever, but as he’d admit later, he had started to look at her with other eyes too—not as the Queen of England, but as Victoria. They were married in 1840.

From then on, Albert dabbled in almost every aspect of the cultural and intellectual life of his adopted country, something that made it very easy for him to fall in love with England as well. He was a serious patron of the arts, a composer and a painter, an architect and an educator. As for Victoria—later named the Grandmother of Europe when all her surviving nine children (an unheard miracle even amongst royals) went to marry royalty all over the globe—her reign truly was self-explanatory... The Victorian Era, made of progress and cultural shifts, is still as alive in the collective memory of this world as ever.

Despite their blessed union and the admiration their seemingly warm family life earned them, a never-diagnosed stomach cancer on Albert’s part inevitably brought the end of their bliss twenty years later. Victoria—who outlived for another 40 years the man who was not only her husband but also her principal trusted adviser—was distraught and never recovered from his loss. Not only she never remarried, but even to this day she is pictured in her distinctive mourning black dresses, which she wore for the rest of her life. Only after her death, at her own request, she was buried by his side in a white dress and her wedding veil, as if ready to be welcomed by him in this far away place he left to.

This is the composite Servant summoned under the Binder Class, a central figure in one of the greatest love stories of their time.

Together with this small figure behind them that only smiles softly at their antics, they are ready to indulge in their love without any of the duties which disturbed their peace once.

Oh, you even remembered to mention me... Thank you, kind narrator. I thought this was all very obvious, but I suppose it never hurts to make sure everyone knows what sort of amazing people my parents were.

Do not worry, I will take it from here now.

Justinian & Theodora

“Nothing wrong in being a bit ambitious, in my opinion. One shouldn’t judge the past with the lens of the future, instead, they should learn from it.” Mother says, as she hides the fact she judges very harshly things from past and future alike.

“Besides, in the end their partnership brought many changes. This alone, in my opinion, is a reason for celebration.” Father chimes in, trying to defuse the situation.

Alcyone & Ceyx

“Can you believe this place, Albert?! Those colorful parrots came to us babbling about how even a fond memory is deserving of trials of love or what-not! The nerve!” Mother fumes, her heels stomping the floor as she drags me by my hand.

“Truly a barbaric costume, my love… And to think that they weren’t even looking at us while saying so.” Father agrees as he walks right beside us, taking his time in ruffling my hair as if to comfort me. I’m just very happy to be away from those two.

“Sweetie, you can stop narrating now. I think we all understand your role already.”

Oh... A-apologies, mother.

“Come now, Victoria...”

Elisabetha & Johannes Hevelius

“I used to believe our love was written on the stars too, you know?”

“I know. I’ve seen your diary, my love.”

“Wha—w-when?!”

“Don’t tell me you already forgot about that time you spent the entire day in bed writing in shame because you forwarded a letter with a page of your own diary on it! I even had to step in as the ruler for the official duties!”

Petrus & Catherine Gonsalvus

Oh, hello Master. Look at that. Isn’t it nice? I think my parents like those two. I mean... They sure are talking lively, at least. And what about me? Oh, no, I am fine just watching it. I always liked seeing them go about their day...

Machteld & Heer Halewijn

“They are surely an... Interesting match, for sure.”

“Isn’t it adorable? My husband is so very kind. In truth, they are... Pardon my French... Whack. You could physically see the way they feed off each other’s madness. A Class of brutes, that Berserker Class, I tell you!”

Boi-Bumbá

“You surely are watching them very intensely... Are you interested in those two, my dear?”

I... I am, father. The festival they partake in every year seems dreamy.

“You always enjoyed lively parties, didn’t you? Come, let us introduce ourselves to them while your mother isn’t here. It’ll be our little secret.”

Mohammed Abdul Karim

“Oh Munshi, Munshi... I told you, didn’t I? I told you that wasn’t the end, instead, we’d only see each other on the other side of the curtains. Though I hoped it wouldn’t be so soon... You are here for far longer than I am, right? Please, tell me everything you’ve seen, everything you’ve heard! Teach me once more, pyari. —Hee hee, did I pronounce it right?”

William McGonagall

“And who are you, exactly...?”

Arthur Wellesley

Oh, hello mother. You’re back.

“Welcome back, love. Did you have fun with your old friend?”

“I had the most pleasant time reminiscing about our shared interests...! —Until that bloke the Duke of Wellington appeared, that is. To think he’s here in Chaldea as well... Goodness me, Master, you should raise your standards, that man wasn’t even a good Prime Minister! He’s unfit for Servanthood. Dispose of him as soon as possible.”

“There, there, Victoria. It’s all fine now. Also, uhm... Master, I apologize for my wife’s strong opinions on Prime Ministers in general.”

Yes, Master... And we’re very sorry for the sheet’s author too. Please don’t take it to heart.

Class Skills

Independent Action D

「Independence」 is a Skill which holds the symbol of total freedom of a Servant from their Master, even to reject their magical energy supply if necessary, so it’s very natural that one would think that the Queen of England and her reunited consort would probably choose to live in a world of their own, and the Rank would reflect that decision.

“My! Is this how the Skill works, Albert? Aren’t we embarrassing ourselves here?”

“I’m afraid I am as much of a novice as you in this business, love. But worry not your pretty little head, I say we’ll be fine.”

Psst... Master... Between you and me, if you thought that, you’d be wrong. They are Queen and husband, yes, but they’re also parents... And a couple who’s very mindful of their public image. But I think we are allowed to be a bit whimsical here today, aren’t we? So let’s just pretend there isn’t any bitter note of cynicism in their love. They’re just very used to being parents and can’t possibly think of acting any different even to you. Just go with the flow and I promise you’ll like it.

Binding and Fettering B

Forged chains, a network of connections... Words even I heard back in the day. Neither of my parents were gardeners, but still they both knew the value of strong roots. The power behind bonds made of blood is very strong, even you have to admit. I suppose that to spread their seed far and wide was only the natural next step—and their name went to live, fresh as the spring dew, in the many lives that blossomed from their love.

Don’t quote me on that, but I’d like to think that for as long as they consider our allies as 「blessed children borne from their love,」 we’ll be fine. After all, they were amazing parents and even grandparents... I guarantee it.

Magic Resistance B

Historically speaking, neither of my parents were mages. We’re all very recent Heroic Spirits too, so their resistance should be negligible... However, it is speculated that my mother dabbled into the occult in order to soothe her heart after my father’s passing—at least, for some time. I cannot infer the truth behind such claims, and even if I could, there’s such a wide array of colorful and imaginative anecdotes about this time of her life that my measly opinion wouldn’t change anything. It would be like trying to paint the ocean red by drizzling a single drop of scarlet on it.

“Baseless accusations, I say! I’m still appalled at the way gothic horror authors took over my reign and made it their little playground! The Victorian Era was all about self-control and—”

“Oh, love, we know. We share your pain. Do not strain yourself needlessly, though... Surely you’re not thinking of showing such unsightly ire in front of our Master?”

“W-well...”

See? For now, let us accept the fact that the Queen of the empire in which the sun never sets, the great Grandmother of Europe, has only ever come in public donned in appropriate garments. The same would be applied to Skills, isn’t that right?

Personal Skills

Victoria Regina EX

I suppose you people call the capacity to invoke attributes related to your authority a 「Privilege,」 am I right? However, mother’s privileges are a tad different from the ones one would expect from that Skil... Or perhaps, she just likes to style herself different. She wasn’t exactly a vain woman, but as a Queen, some precautions were always to be taken.

Anywho, as a Binder, it is only natural that whatever bonds they are able to form, they will reap benefits from those. They are the rulers of the British Empire, and as a daughter of this kingdom, I am not one to turn a blind eye to the dark side of our sun. This could be considered the consequence of our expansion, I suppose—a forceful link, if anything, in which as soon as one is considered an 「ally,」 it will become part of this symbiotic transaction. A Queen will take whatever she wishes, a Subject will give it away gladly, and one day...

By the way, Master, have you heard she was the one who brought hemophilia to all the royalty of Europe? I suppose this is what happens when you marry your children into all these families with little care about small details. I’d say it was a weird combination of this Skill and being summoned as a Binder, but it seems we can command literal blood to work as a physical manifestation of weapons. As long as an 「ally」 is by our side, their blood is our blood. Mother had an iron grip on every court, you really couldn’t expect anything less. It’s a rather gruesome affair, but I think they could make a spectacle out of it... Aren’t you just a little curious to watch?

“Perhaps we should bench this Skill for the time being...”

The Gilded Mask A+

Have you heard of it? That my parents survived many assassination attempts on their lives? Aren’t they amazing? I know, I think so too.

Maybe, they are so happy to be together again that they don’t want anything in the way... Or maybe, they are just a tad selfish... I hope you won’t judge them too harshly on the possibility of the second option being the answer, sometimes our happiness is just very self-centered... Anyway, as the Queen of the mightiest empire, mother can pass judgment on anything—even luck itself.

“Oh, dearie, be serious! I’m sure my subjects would be very honored to take their Queen’s place.”

—Ahaha, I’m not sure our allies would like to know that probability and luck will always turn against them for as long as they are next to us, but I know a saying for times like these: out of sight, out of mind.

“Oh, now we definitely should ban this one...”

“Alfred, honey. Shush.”

Veil of Dreams EX

The capacity to dream—that we, humans, could still dream even at our lowest, that’s such a beautiful thing, don’t you think? If everything else is lost, even the simplest of wishes, at least those dreams entrenched deeply into our very soul won’t abandon us. Hope is very powerful—and it’s very cruel, just like any other powerful being.

My mother mourned my father for her entire life—and even in the deepest of her slumbers she sought him once again. That they are able to be here today, standing side by side once more, is nothing short of a miracle that must be savored like the most exquisite delicacy, one bite at time. I suppose our only choice is to share this sweet dream with them. But for that, we need to close our eyes first...

—They are fine, but what about me, you ask? Ah... I told you already. My wish has already come true.

Noble Phantasm

Osborne House
    The Crystal Palace of her Memories

Type: Anti-Mind

In a time of upheaval, the Crystal Palace was the place in which a miracle happened—the Great Exhibition, a collaboration between many countries in which they could display their inventions. A great construction of glass, that was... So full of light that made one’s eyes hurt. I remember my eyes welled with tears as I marveled at its magnificence. It was defiance against the grim reality of a ravaging war, it was a shout of life that could only be born from unspeakable adversities. It was simply a flower which blooms ever more beautifully after strong winds.

I’ve seen my father smile so proudly at what he managed to gather together there. I’ve seen my mother gleam with pride at our might. I laughed to the point of tears, I gasped until my heart raced... I’ve even met the person who would be by my side in that place. In my memories, that place is almost as comforting as home.

—Almost, that is.

In my restless dreams, I’ve never come back to the Crystal Palace, no matter how many good memories I had in that place, trapped inside the glass lights as if in a kaleidoscope. When I closed my eyes amidst the wreckage of my grief, carried by the waves of solitude, it was a garden I always saw. The scent of flowers and the spring sun enveloping me. I could almost feel the wind in my face—I could hear the wind bringing me my father’s laughter.

My father composed a song for my mother, once.
    Die Liebe hat uns nun vereint
    Love has now united us

At the time, I didn’t understand what he meant by this title. However, I think I’m ready to appreciate his words now. Fairy tales cannot exist in this world—but that’s fine. They aren’t supposed to, anyway. Even more than dreams or even despair, the thing that binds us all is love.

The anguish of having to finally wake up from a beautiful dream—or the despair of knowing you never had the right to a comforting illusion, not even once? Which one hurts the most? Maybe, I detest this Noble Phantasm because, with a sharp pain directed to the mind, it gushes forth a despicable answer... And the answer is neither. Despair isn’t scary when it’s all you ever felt. No, what hurts more than anything is hope.

In my restless dreams, I see them dancing. I see them smiling.

In my restless dreams, they are alive again. I am a child again. I am home again.

Then I wake up, and everything was just a comforting illusion.

And you? In your restless dreams—in that pitifully small speck of time before the sun rises, forcing you to wake up—what do you see, Master?

——Ah, is that so?

Of course I understand you...

SKILL UNVEILED

Kaiserdämmerung EX

「Victoria」

“Ah, much better. Now, it’s just the two of us.”

—Oh? What was that? It’s a little thing I do from time to time, almost like a parlor trick. Pay no attention to that.

Hm? And where are my parents? They’re here, somewhere. But they’re also not here. It’s complicated... Noble Phantasms, much like memories, are a hazy, confusing thing, aren’t they? Don’t worry, though, I won’t hurt you. I just thought it was too rude of me to hide behind my parents forever.

Allow me to properly introduce myself then, Master. Pleased to meet you. I am Queen Victoria—oh, but you people still call me Princess Royal even after my marriage to my German husband, huh? So, I suppose I am Princess Victoria? My father used to call me Vicky... Even my husband started to call me that sometimes, after a couple years... So, if you don’t want to mistake me for my mother go ahead and use this nickname as well.

So, after everything you’ve seen, what do you think?

Do you think this is all true? That I was summoned as a child again—despite retaining my adult self’s memories for some reason—together with my parents, and we are all here to make up for lost time? That we are here ultimately just to be the family we couldn’t in the past, too caught up in our own duties and feelings?

Or do you think this is all a hax, a trickery of the mind? That I am a puppeteer of memories, stealing the authority of my dearest mother through her name? That those two ghosts that are accompanying me are wearing the face of my parents because I simply wished them to be by my side again?

The way I see it, one is a beautiful fairy-tale... The other is an unpleasant reality... But any of them could be the truth. As long as you believe in love, in the bonds of our blood, then does it truly matter if I’m here all by myself or if they truly are by my side?

“Well, I’ll let you think about that by yourself. Don’t worry, you don’t have to answer me.”

—Hee hee, I did it again. Sorry. It’s been so long since I’ve spoken anything, sometimes it’s just good to hear the sound of my own voice again.

I was sort of tired of hearing it at first, that’s why I decided to become a... Narrator. I’ve decided to just sit back and watch those two being happy. You see, in my last years, forgotten and alone in a far away land, with my husband dead and my children all estranged from me thanks to that malicious man, I had no one else but myself to talk to. So, you can understand it becomes quite grating after some time... So, after I was tired of my own voice, I retreated into my mind and began to search for happy memories. It wasn’t my husband the one who brought me comfort nor my children—God forgive me. Rather, it was on my parents I thought all the time. In the days we’ve spent happily together, in my childhood manor.

The pride of my mother, the laughter of my father... The scent of roses and rosemaries, the summer breeze caressing my dress... For a brief, marvelous second, I wasn’t the fallen Empress of Prussia, cast aside in a dusty corner as if I was a broken toy. I was just Vicky.

Wishes are only granted in fairy tales, I’ve learned.

But those aren’t like the stars in the night sky—much like miracles, fairy tales are finite, they are like droplets of water on a desert. They are reserved for a few deserving ones.

I wasn’t one of them, unfortunately. I had planted my feet firmly in reality, my roots bore cursed fruits on the corner of a room until I rotted away.

But I’ve been the witness of a miracle. For a brief, marvelous moment—just like in my restless dreams—I’ve been part of a beautiful fairy tale.

And that’s a memory I hold dear. It’s a memory I wished to relieve.

I can’t help but to be a realist, Master. People who aren’t privy to miracles hardly can afford the opposite. But I have one wish... Can you believe in fairy tales with me? If I lose myself, can you guide me back to my parents? Can you bring me back to my dreams?

Because to me, Queen Victoria and Prince Albert... My parents, they are real. I am real. This all is real—and I’m not going to wake up in the corner of a lonely room, never again. This is what I want to affirm, but sometimes I’m afraid. Whenever this happens, I want you to be my bond. My way back. I want you to be the star I’ve looked up in the sky whenever I lost heart.

Please, grant me this one selfish wish, alright? Be the witness of my own fairy tale, this time.

Notes

I'm not really in for the competition this year (although recognition is always nice), but to make my Secret Santa happy. I'm aware it's kind of a strech but I hope you still like it.
    Merry (late) Christmas and a Happy (belated) New Years to you.

Image sources:
    usagi_792602
    Suzunosuke

Rella
    Fate/Grand Order
    Nokuhashi
    Kita
    Nyoronyoro

Blog Entries
    F in the chat.

Yes, I will be trying to comment on all of them immediately. Why do you ask?
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool 5
    I. Tenth century (901 CE - 1000 CE). Servants who accomplished their most noteworthy deeds and feats during the tenth century. Servants who technically lived through part of the tenth century but did most of what made them famous in other centuries don't qualify. Fictional Servants do qualify as long as they were invented during the tenth century and/or their adventures were set in the tenth century.

II. Aftermath of the war of Troy. Servants who survived the war of Troy, or who didn't personally take part in it, but were influenced by its end. In the case of the former, the focus of the sheet should still be on what happened to them after the war. This prompt includes, for instance, several characters from the Aenid, the Oresteia, and whatnot; even later source materials are allowed, so you could also write Brutus of Troy and the like; characters that die in certain versions but survive in other versions, like Astyanax, are also allowed.

III. Servants who were against monarchies, empires, feudal systems, and the like. Theorists and people who actively engaged in rebellion (armed or otherwise) are all allowed. You can make them any alignment, but I'd prefer to see characters whose ideological beliefs were genuine, as opposed to mercenaries hired by the revolutionary side of a war but unconvinced by it, or things like that. Someone who wanted to dethrone a king or an emperor to put another king or emperor back on the throne without changing the government system will be typically not allowed outside of specific exceptions (for instance, people who fought to accomplish that for a time as a compromise, but were otherwise vocally in support of changing the government system both before and after their candidate got put on the throne).

CASTER

“A step ordained is one already taken. Now, towards what horizon will you walk?”

TRAITOR OF TROY
    HELENOS

General Information

Alias: Traitor of Troy, King of Prophecy Gender: Male
    Alignment: Lawful Evil Pronouns: He/Him
    Attribute: Earth H/W: 166 cm / kg
    Region: Greece Source: Greek Mythos, The Illiad
    Armaments: Sword, Ritual Dagger Catalyst: Magical treasure from ancient city ruins

Parameters

STR: C MAG: A
    END: D LUK: A
    AGL: C NP: B

Class Skills

Item Construction B As a high-class Caster with great affinity for his Class Container, this skill gains a significant bonus even in lacking anecdotes regarding creating items. With his hand, Caster can construct powerful mystical items to do with prophecy and ritual.
    Territory Creation A As a prophet of Apollo and a king in his own right, Caster’s affinity with this skill is such that he could even create a Temple. Within his territory, almost any kind of clairvoyance is possible, skyrocketing the effectiveness of both his future sight and his magecraft.

However, he has several stipulations. Helenos must construct his Temple in a high altitude location, with open access to the sky. He says it’s because it’s just how it works, but perhaps it’s just due to preference…

“Don’t worry about it,” he says, “Just get to work and find me a suitable location.”

Personal Skills

Affection of the Sun God B The subject of love from the Sun God Apollo, such that it resulted in the divine gift of prophecy. At this rank, all parameters except MAG and LUK gain a rank-up bonus. In addition, Caster gains a significant talent towards the domains of his love, such as prophecy, music, and medicine.
    Clairvoyance A+ Called the greatest of augurs, Helenos’ Clairvoyance is among the best of all heroes. Seeing the path of the future even decades from the present is possible for him, and he can get closer predictions down to minute detail.

In terms of advising the trajectory of a war, there isn’t a better choice than Helenos. This legacy alone makes him greatly desirable for a Grail War. However, to summon him is to also summon his treacherous story.

High-Speed Divine Words B As an augur from the Age of Gods, and one who was favored by Apollo, it’s natural that Caster has this skill. Compared to a certain witch Helenos is outclassed, but claiming second place still means that he is a cut above many others. Far above the level of modern day mages, Caster can achieve high-level effects with incredible speed and efficiency.

Noble Phantasm

A Traitor’s Concluding Words
    Troias Profitea

Τροίας Προφητεία

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range:
    Max Targets: 1 person

“It’s cute, you know. Nobody truly trusts me. But the problem is, what choice do they have? They know that I already know everything.

No matter what direction one walks, the destination is all the same.”

The legacy of Helenos’ mark on this world.

That is, the result of the Trojan War.

Although he was nominally ‘captured’ as a prisoner, the legendary traitor was all-too ready to guide the Achaeans toward Troy’s destruction.

It all started from this prophecy. In other words, Helenos was the one who brought about the end of his own people. But for what reason? To what end?

Some say it is because of a woman. Others, because of his brothers, his fellow Sons of Priam. The truth is kept tight behind those sealed lips of his, lips reserved only for that distant God in the sky.

From those same lips, Helenos brought about destruction.

This Noble Phantasm forms as a connection between two concepts, ‘the final prophecy of the Aegeans,’ and ‘the mouth which said those words could only be from Helenos.’ The result is this crystallization that encompasses the means of Helenos’ ends.

Troias Profitea, in this sense, pulls away from truly being ‘the Noble Phantasm of an augur’ but rather, ‘a Noble Phantasm suitable for a traitor.’ There are many heroes would bemoan being remembered in this way, but all Helenos says is,

“This is how it should be.”

In-keeping with his nature, this Noble Phantasm does not require a True Name to activate. Instead, it automatically becomes active when Helenos has identified through his Clairvoyance the most significant piece to move. In his life, that was the man known as Odysseus. Through correctly moving Odysseus’ actions, Helenos was able to set off a chain of events that led to the end of the Trojan War.

When speaking with his mark, this Noble Phantasm subtly hooks into them, laced within his words. The result is a tremendous alteration to the mark’s Luck parameter, causing it to read as ‘EX’. Its effects are immediately obvious; their fortune exceeds them, and they are able to achieve heights that are effectively their ‘peak.’ In nearly any situation the tides will turn for them, allowing for them to enter the best case scenario and come out as the victor.

But this alteration of the mark’s Luck is merely a means to Helenos’ end. By bringing a star to burn bright, it collapses all else around it, until eventually it falls as well. In the worst possible moment, this bonus will convert into an incalculable demerit. At this point, everything falls apart. Not just the mark, but for those around them as well.

“In the modern day, I believe you’d call this a butterfly effect.”

An utterly treacherous Noble Phantasm that does not deserve its rank among others of its kind. However, Helenos is both ruthless and mechanical in its usage. As someone whose ethical compass could best be described as, ‘tools are made to be used’, this Noble Phantasm’s presence elevates his danger several ranks.

Personality

Helenos would be described by any of his siblings as, ‘scum of all scum.’ To them Helenos would merely laugh and reply, “If I am scum, then I am related to the worst garbage known to mankind!”

No one should expect a reasonable personality when it comes to clairvoyants; the ability to see the future is sure to impart some kind of unbreakable ego that ends up being insufferable. Rather than meaningfully hiding it or subverting it, Helenos finds great joy in simply living up to the reputation given to him. After all, Helenos is, at his core, someone who believes in ‘becoming who you want to be’ and ‘getting what’s coming.’

“I didn’t live the way I did because I wanted to be celebrated,” Helenos said. “All I did was follow my heart.”

However, the way he downplays the severity of things is a side-effect of his tendency towards secrecy. His lips are tight, and he never says what he doesn’t mean to say, and he’s careful to give off the exact meaning he intends. In his time there were many who found him frustrating, and yet given his talents, he was relied upon anyways.

“But that’s just the way the world is. Anyone who thinks heroes didn’t act out of usefulness is living a dream.”

That bitterness regarding those of his era also pervades any conversation with Helenos. In a strange way, his perception is itself narrow, utilizing his experience as the benchmark for the end-all-be-all. Helenos believes he understands the world in a way most others don’t. He believes he sees the world in a way most don’t. His ego, wit, and confidence make him a dangerous person all on its own. Not to mention, in regards to his own life…

“I’ve never lost.”

Making sure that he wins is all Helenos really does. He looks out for himself and himself only. To maximize victory for himself, and loss for everyone else. Even if he may act helpful to his allies, you should care for the webs of fate that he spins around your neck.

Legend

“My story? Oh dear, my story is not simply my story, you see. I am but a chapter. A page. A piece of the grander narrative. Hmm… the best way to think of me is as, ‘a moment.’

“That’s right, that’s how I’d phrase it. A moment on the stage. Of which moment do I speak? Only the pettiest war one could imagine. Mm, you could call it a tragic love story. I call it a comedy of fools. The deepest entanglements of hubris, strength, cunning, and fate. Let me tell you about the Trojan War.”

“I, Helenos of Troy, son of Priam and Hecuba, lived a cushy life. It wasn’t ideal all the time, of course, but life was as good as it gets. Blessed by Apollo’s kiss, my twin and I were, but while nobody could believe dear Cassandra, they’d come to me instead. Cassandra was helpless, really. I simply got the better end of the deal. And I can’t exactly admit I feel all too terrible for it.

“The atmosphere of our beloved court was changed, though, when my dear brother had returned home. Paris he called himself, but by birth his name was Alexander. As much as mother and father wanted to welcome their lost son home, everyone knew what that old seer had warned all those decades ago. I saw it myself; Paris’ return would bring about Troy’s ruin. His good health was a terrible portend for the kingdom.

“Imagine, then, our feeling when Paris returned home with the most beautiful of all Achaeans.

“We offered hospitality to the two elopers of course, but to abduct Helen and bring a thousand ships biting at his heels was exactly the kind of destruction mother and father feared. That everyone feared. I remember brother Hektor’s words for Paris. Biting, they were. I dare not even repeat them myself.

“I’m sure you know the rest. The Achaeans brought battle to our doorstep. Paris was pushed forward to end the war before war began, but he was truly a coward and ill-suited for the diplomacy of war. Thus the siege began.

“I fought alongside my brothers and sisters. Defended my blood and homeland like any other good citizen ought to do. But my true talent remained in augury. And of course there, too, I aimed to help my kin. Nominally, anyways.

“You see, there’s something about war that is not oft-discussed. Sure, it alters the way you see your enemy, but I was one blessed by greater vision. I did not need help seeing my enemies. I saw them for what they were, and fought them for what they were worth. No, it was not the enemy, but the kin by whom I stood.

“For every corpse, I felt ill. The reasons for our war sickened me. We brought this upon ourselves, and in our own twisting of values and priorities, we came to a senseless massacre that need not have happened, if any of us had the spine to address it in the face.

“When my brothers and sisters began to fall due to Paris’ cowardly fumbles, my ‘kinly patience’ had worn thinnest. I had no love for this war, nor for those I fought. Neither did I love my enemies, who had killed so many of us. Truly, destruction was the end point of this war no matter what. Too entrenched were we to back out. I don’t think there exists a single universe where the Trojan War could have benefitted either side.

“But, such is the case with augury. Just because the end was clear, did not mean there weren’t any loose strands. Thankful to Apollo’s blessings am I, that being driven by this hate for those around, I was able to devise a path.

“That was my resolve. To end the war. Not for peace. Not for love. Not for honor or ego. But for my own, petty victory.

“Thus, it was I. It was I that was captured by the Achaeans. It was I that advised them. It was I that allowed them to believe I was enslaved, and that I was aiding them in the destruction of Troy out of necessity. It was I who moved the cunning Odysseus, the key to it all. It was I that saw the Sack of Troy, and confirmed the atrocities that would occur therein. It was I who saw the voyages of the Achaeans returning home, knowing tragedy would befall them. It was I who was chained by Neoptolemus, knowing that I would take on his kingdom upon his untimely, unfortunate death.

“It was I who sat on his throne, on his riches. The blood piled up to my neck, but I didn’t find any regret in it. Everyone fell, and I rose. All pieces fell into place exactly as I expected.

“I lived. They didn’t. When it comes down to it…

“I won.”

Dialogue

Summon
    “Caster-class Servant, Helenos of Troy at your service. I am proud to be in your employ, Master. Let us attain victory together, wouldn’t you say?”

Wish for the Grail
    “My wish is nothing special. It is, simply, to live again. After all, why would I not? Abundance in this modern age far exceeds that of my own era. Such interconnectedness is unprecedented to even imagine. Though I suppose to you, that is nothing so spectacular, nor even exceptional.”

“The kiss of the sun. My auguries are usually done by night, but I always await the next day. The assurance that no matter what, I will always see him… of all things in life, that is the only thing that is certain. One could call it, ‘the last destination.’”

Dislikes
    “Should it even have to be said? I loathe my kinsmen. But even more so, I loathe that which has been recorded of them, and the ones who thus idolize them. No ally or enemy of mine is worth your admiration. And if you insist they do, I assure you that you ought to read the text once more.”

Odysseus
    “Odysseus, Odysseus. I really do have to thank you. You were simply the right man in the right place. I bet you don’t even know how significant you were, do you? I would call you the lynchpin of the entire operation. The single most important piece. Remind me to prepare a gift for you, next time we meet.”

Hektor
    “Oh my, brother, you’ve truly remade yourself. So this is your facade, hm? The cool, caring older brother? I applaud you for this act. I’m sure it’s fooled everyone else. But you and I both know you can’t hide your true nature. I wonder what it’ll take?”

Paris
    “I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised. If someone like me can ascend the Throne, so can the coward who started it all. Hold this in your heart, brother Paris: You began that war, and I ended it. And if it means watching you die, I’d do it all over again.”

Medea
    “Witch. It is an honor to finally meet you. I can’t say I looked up to you, but those of the same kind ought to stick together.”

Agamemnon
    “A thousand ships you sent to bombard my home. I must applaud your sense of unity. But tell me, Agamemnon. Was it really worth it? Is your honor worth the life of your daughter? As kings are we both, you must understand the weight of this when I say; you truly are the greatest fool there is.”

Psyche
    “Love. What a pure emotion. Everyone longs for it. You could call it the highest form of affection. There is nothing stronger than love. In fact, love changes the world. I should know. Slave to love, that is why I hate you the most.”

Heinrich Schliemann
    “Men of the modern age barely have much to talk about, but you’re different, aren’t you? Forgive my saying, but you would have fit just as well among the Achaeans. “

Solomon
    “King of Mages! I admit, you’re somewhat of a troublesome existence for me. The truth is, I’m not sure I can truly defeat you. When it comes to clairvoyants, you’re a cut above the rest. That said, I have a reputation to preserve.”

Merlin
    “This is the fabled Merlin. To be blunt, I don’t believe I understand you. All I see is a bum who was too shrewd to actually guide your charge. Responsibility of an adviser? Don’t make me laugh. You don’t truly hold values like that, do you?”

Artoria Pendragon
    “That mage really did waste your potential. In front of him, pure untapped energy, and all he does is teach you swordfighting and how to bed a woman. I’m disappointed, really.”

Blog Entries
    This is why you don't trust people who look blatantly evil. No one seems to understand that.
    Fate/Without Justice

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Morg doing the Lord's work.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool 6
    1 Fantasic Beasts
    Of course history and mythology is filled with heroes, both mortal and godly...but what about the loyal companions? The trusty steeds? The kind phantasmals? So let's show our thanks to our close pets, our steadfast mounts, and the gentle giants. The animal heroes, both natural and supernatural, so to speak. So long as the figure is not human or human-like in form, which means no fairies, mermaids and, unfortunately, "minotaurs" and the like, a lot of creatures are up for you to choose. Make sure when you do, say "I choose you!"

2 South East Asia
    We got a lot of Asian Servants, don't we? We got Chinese Servants and Indians Servants and, of course, lots of Japanese Servants..but what about South East Asian Servants? Just the Trung Sisters. So since Nasu won't do it...let's add more to that list! Whether it be deities, folk figures, or real heroes, make a Servant from a country considered South East Asian. The more obscure the better, but well...I don't want you going insane from research of course.

3 Lord of the Underworld
    Ah yes, the ruler of death...the powerful, destructive, totally evil rulers of the afterlife...and then you meet Hades. And Hel. And Ereshkigal. Okay, maybe that last one is partially because of her vessel considering that goddess's main myths...but still! Turns out, the rulers of the dead are surprisingly pretty chill for their roles. So let's clear up their reps a little bit, all right? Let's get a underworld deity as a Servant. I'm sure they don't mind helping humanity...especially since the underworld is probably swamped with work, so there's a good chance they're doing this to not be overworked by all the new souls.
    [First Sheet]

ForewardIf you'd like to listen while you read the sheet, the link provided in the epithet is to the theme I've assigned to them. The FC is from the wonderful Spelror (who might be me, who knows~) so thank him for that! Just wanted to give a little bit of extra info to clear something up- I mention something called tiktaalik, which is the first creature to walk the land. It's not important, i just figured I should clear that up since it's part of the preamble. It's like, a funny lil fish lizard thing. Additionally, the phrasing of "underworlds" should be seen as merely different areas of the greater Underworld dimension, as per the canon. Anyhow, do enjoy!

Water shall forever serve as both beginning and end for humanity.
    It makes up 80% of the corporal body, we ingest it to survive- even in the history of our creation, the origin of our species and all others, we come from the water. From microorganisms to plasms, from plasms to fish, from fish to tiktaalik, from tiktaalik to lizards, from lizards to all else upon the land, we evolved from the water. Forged from it, raised by it, sculpted in our need for it.

Yet, we do not belong in it.

Although it gave and still gives us life, humans cannot live entirely within water- we subsist upon air, oxygen freed from the hydrogen that binds it as a liquid. If we exist in a space with too much water for too long, and oxygen leaves us, we then drown. It is as if in trying to gain so much vitality through an excess of water, that we condemn ourselves to the opposing realm of death, like a man who is transfigured into a dragon upon slaying one and trying to claim it's massive hoard out of greed. It is like attempting to corrupt a sort of sacrament- even language itself deems drowning a sort of sacred act, through the fact that there is no true antonym to it. There is no singular word that means, "to die of lack of water" or, "to die of dehydration". Medically and legally, the phrase "terminal dehydration" is utilized to describe the phenomena, but it as such, a phrase, not a pseudo-sacred term like drown.

Perhaps for certain reasons like this, many classical understandings of underworlds interpret them as wet places. The Egyptian Duat carries Ra across a spectral Nile river, Hades's domain has the River Styx, the Norse Helheim is a land with a frozen sea- the Indo-European realms are wet. And it makes sense! After a body drowns, the air leaves it, the soul following along: then, through the process of putrefaction, it is rejected by the water, floating to the surface- The soul left in the depths.

Water is threefold for Humanity: Life, Death, and the Gate to what comes after it.

Psychopomp of The Forgotten Abyss
    Niya

Class: Rider
    Other Classes: Lancer, Caster, Ruler, Pretender
    True Name: Nyja (The more accurate Polish spelling)
    Alignment: Lawful Balanced
    Place of Origin: Poland

Water holds the scientific title of, "The Universal Solvent" due to it's fantastic quality of being able to dissolve more substances than any other liquid. It may take years, decades, or centuries to do so, especially in large quantities, but in the end, it is the single most successful practitioner of erosion- whether it be in either a worldly, or magical space. This of course, includes underworlds.
    If one were to fall out of use, understaffed and unmaintainable, it would surely crumble into sediment.

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: A
    AGI: C
    MGI: EX
    LCK: D

Height: 178 cm
    Weight: 67 kg
    Likes: Harvest festivals, solid earth, dry spaces, pomegranates
    Dislikes: Murky water, flying creatures
    Talent: Crabbing
    Natural Enemy: David, Orion
    Armament: Spaded Oar
    Catalyst:

Much as water fills any container it is poured into, souls fill the bounds of underworlds and afterlives- and like a container needs a lid, underworlds need rulers to keep the souls of the fallen from spilling out. It is not a position of oppression, but a necessary role of containment, to keep the balance of life and death on Earth. For this reason, if there is life and death on a grand enough scale, The Earth, Alaya, will designate or create new areas and rulers to contain the necessary numbers of souls and spirits.

Class Skills:
    Divine Core of the Goddess (Underworld): EX
    A skill representing Niya's status as a true, genuine goddess, separated from any sort of host. Even with her worship and domain in a greatly diminished state, that fact is undeniable.
    A composite Skill that comprises the Skill Divinity, preserves the absoluteness of the mind and the body, repels all mental interference, prevents the body from growth and prevents the figure from changing no matter how many calories are absorbed.

Riding: A
    Serving as the Psychopomp for her realm, traveling in her corpse-boat across the abyssal sea, and containing the leviathans beneath, Niya is able to command nearly any beast or vessel she comes across.
    A skill of the rider class, all vehicles and all creatures up to the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

Magic Resistance: D
    Literally drenched in the waters of the underworld, death clings to Niya, greatly lowering this stat for what it should be as a Divine Spirit.
    Nullifies any magecraft ranked D or below.

One such event to cause the birth of new underworlds was the death of the Olympian Machine Gods against Sefar, and the havoc caused by it. While the actions of the Six Fairy Lords would eventually put an end to the Second Void Cell, the Earth was left with most civilizations destroyed, and plenty of dead needing realms and rulers to flood to.
    So, that is what the earth did- forged in this new era were the likes of Osiris and Anubis in Egypt, the reincarnation of Hades in Greece, and Niya, in Poland. Mentored by the Chthonic God Veles, their predecessor, they would each go to their separate underworlds. Niya, in eastern Germany and Poland, had a smaller region- no less important than the others in function, but it was within her ability to serve as the sole attendant to her realm.

Personal Skills:
    Psychopomp: A
    A skill denoting one as a guider and guardian of souls on their journey to the afterlife, specifically the protection and direction. By reapplying their knowledge with their own spiritual core and essence, the wielder gains a resistance to Noble Phantasms consisting of large scale energy attacks by diverting the flow of mana.
    At A rank, it can outright Nullify a D-Rank (magical) anti-army Noble Phantasm, but would merely lessen the impact of ones up to A rank.

Knowledge of the Depths: B
    A skill denoting Niya's method of purveying what is left of her underworld. By exerting a small amount of her Authority of Separation upon bodies of water, she can approximate the location and activity of things within, as well as the individual magical density. It can even be used in humid or magically dense locations for a clairvoyance-like effect (though when not dealing with a liquid form, the information is of drastically less quality)

Pagan Idol: D
    "There is no other name under heaven in which we can be saved. For a man is not saved in the name of Lado, Jassa, Quia, Nija, but in the name of Jesus Christ ... Not Lada, not Jassa, not Nija, which are the names of idols worshiped here in Poland, as some chronicles of Poles testify..." — Lucas of Wielki Koźmin

A skill denoting a servant as an individual who's presence was erased by the tide of Christianity. When encountering substances, weapons, or incantations that are "holy"/ based in the divinity of Christ, the owner of this skill should find themselves particularly susceptible.
    Additionally, in the presence of those who possess skills such as God's Resolution, Protection of God, or have anything denoting a particular relation with the Abrahamic God, the holder should find their parameters lowered by 2 ranks.

For many centuries, she served her people, and her portion of the underworld well. Gniezo was her sacred city, where they would hold festivals, and leave offerings. Every year, alongside her compatriot gods Lado, Yleli, Yassa, and Tya, she was honored in the spring during The Green Week, an integral part in the cycle of nature's birth. She was loved and relied on, invoked to exert her dominion over water to banish foul weather, and as the lord of the Underworld to walk upon the earth, washing away foul spirits to her realm. There, she would keep them beneath the waves, the spirits of humanity safe in a city reminiscent of a coastal town of sailors. And when the spirits of the dead were ready to row out to the beyond, having made their peace in time to sail over the horizon and return to the aether, she would guide them there, keeping them safe on their journey across the waves. In the age of gods, she was happy.

Personality:
    Niya is tired. Tired of water, tired of the dark, tired of wetness, tired of the underworld. It has been centuries since she properly rested... for a lack of a less amusing term, she wants to sleep like the dead. Yet, and innermost sense of duty compels her. Whether it be out of an obligation to continue the work left to her by Veles, a need to serve, a sense of protectiveness over her realm, she eternally rows her boat, drifting across the currents... if she were to however, be allowed to step away from her duties, her demeanor would be a rather matronly one. An eternity of protecting souls does that to a goddess.

On the aspect of being a goddess however, it should be noted that historically, and in her own mind, Niya is not inherently gendered- she adapted her form into a feminine one as she became part of the deities celebrated in the cycle of rebirth- it is why the Navje, a type of evil demonic birdlike creatures, normally contained in her realm, harass pregnant women, despite her never bearing any children. Were she to be summoned in a class such as Lancer, reminiscent of an earlier era of her divinity, she would likely appear as male or androgynous.

Relationships:
    Ereshkigal: "You... I am glad that the Underworld still harbors the strong. I'm... glad you made it, even if you're borrowing someone's form. perhaps I should look into that..."

Vritra: "Really now, blocking all the rivers and causing draughts? You could have done much more for your homeland with abilities like that. Wouldn't it have been easier to become a rain goddess or something?"

Sainted Servants: "The one you serve, the one who took my people from me... please, tell me- are they at least happy? Are they taken care of, under his light? T-They would have to be, yes?"

Sir Orpheo: "That as back in the era when my realm was in it's most rapid state of decay- I nearly died, I thought the great wave was something I'd let happen! I cannot help but laugh at myself for doing so now."

But slowly, less people came. It went unnoticed by the deity at first, always kept busy by her duty as sole proprietor of her underworld... however, the shores began to recede, the buildings of the sailor-to-be souls began to fall into disrepair. Sacrifices stopped being given, and the Green Festival of spring... well, it was still there, just not for her or her compatriots any more, but for a man who was also a god, that had utterly rejected death.
    Christianity had come to Poland.
    Slowly, her realm, her underworld, would crumple into the blackened waters. There was nothing but herself, and the horrors beneath the surface of the lightless sea left in the realm- horrors that seemed to only grow greater in number, as the people on the surface and their new faith banished things "to whence they came"... it made the underworld into an ordinary hell. She couldn't even call to her fellow gods for aid- for by the middle ages, they had already faded- she herself was merely remaining to collect the dead of little faith in Poland. She had gone from a goddess of protection, rain, rivers, rebirth, and the soul, to... simply a god of corpses.

Noble Phantasms:

Wielkie Wiosło Trupiej Bogini
    Attachment 14666
    Great Oar of the Corpse Goddess
    D Rank
    Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1 to 5 meters
    An instrument forged from Niya's authority as a goddess, a physical manifestation of her control over the tides of the underworld. Specifically, it hearkens to the proto-slavic word of navь, meaning flow, a word linked to her own name- it is less a proper object, and more an invocation.
    Opens a hole to the waters of her underworld for mana-heavy wave attacks.

Kości Basenowe
    Attachment 14665
    Corpse Barge of Nyja
    D Rank
    Transportation-Type Noble Phantasm
    Range: 15 meters
    A manifestation of Niya's authority over the underworld, this time invoking the proto-slavic term tied to her, nawь, meaning corpse or deceased. It manifests as a giant corpse, body opened from the back, and fused into a hog-tied type position in order to create the bow and stern. It is not actually made from some giant, but a mishmash of sacrifices (the polish phrase uttered beforehand referencing the Gniezo basin, where many animal sacrifices were offered), and soulless refuse that occasionally clings to those first arriving in the underworld. Perhaps it would look less morbid if it were a version of her from another era...
    A Craft that can be ridden at surprising speeds through the air, as if on the surface of the water. However, A ranked agility should be enough to outstrip it.

Filar Otchłani

Deep Column Dirge
    A-Rank
    Anti-Army Noble Phantasm
    Range: 250,000 cubic meters
    Max Targets: 13
    Whenever a truly wicked soul would descend to her domain, no matter how they tried, would they not repent wholeheartedly, catastrophe would strike them on their voyage to the beyond. The boat they had constructed would break, they would lose sight of Niya's lead craft, or the waters would suddenly grow turbulent. The depths would then take them, the Twelve Naves, tribes of leviathan-esque demonic entities, bearers of death and plague, would arrive to feast upon the soul as the wicked drowned.
    Even as she herself faded, her realm crumbling into the soul-sucking sea, Niya contained these demons, and all that would do her people harm beneath the waves.
    By singing a festival hymn and performing ritual dance of the green week, Niya can invoke her authority, transporting a small portion of her realm to wherever she stands. It appears as a prism 50x50x100 meters in size, filled with black water that drains the mana and eats at the soul of those inside. With them, a member of each of the 12 Nave groups lurks within, ready to consume them.

The only way to possibly escape is to possess a divine authority over water, or being able to call upon the Christian God for an attack to break through the barrier containing the water- that, or slay the Naves.

Lore: Niya would remain within the confines of her dank purgatory until the 1900's, until just prior to the barrier of mystery in 1945. For it was the era of the two great wars, particularly the second, that brought her enough faithless dead in Poland to manifest enough strength to call to the earth, which had thought her dead. She would be one of the last entities to manifest within the throne of heroes, weakened from her form as a god enough to join humanity's greatest as a Servant of the throne.
    She would be the only one of her pantheon- for even humanity's scholars had rejected the authenticity of most of her peers's existence.

Wish for the Grail:
    "I... I would just wish to talk to The Root, Alaya- I seek a new assignment, a new domain, for Poland is mine no longer. Old Veles was also lord of the sea- the real one, not the one he left me under the earth- I think I would like to... at the very least sail upon a sea with a sun like that. I don't wish to rule any longer."

[Second Sheet]

Foreward (Please Read) Hi, thanks for taking a peek at this! Just wanted to put it out there that this sheet was done in under 4 hours, after submitting the proper Secret Santa Servant entry. This is not an excuse for any lack of quality, but merely a designation as a sort of fun little extra bonus sheet from me to you. I wanted to clear that up, so there's at least an explanation for the disparity of quality between my 2 submitted sheets- it's an effort vs enjoyment type deal for me. As with Niya, the theme I've given him is linked in the servant name if you wanna listen. Please enjoy regardless!

Burundi's Bane
    Assassin
    Gustave-Sobek

Attachment 14667

Other Classes: Berserker (Sobek), Foreigner (Gustave-alter)
    True Name: Gustave, Sobek, Gustave-Sobek
    Alignment: Wild-Evil
    Place of Origin: Ruzizi River in Burundi (Gustave), Egypt (Sobek)

Lore:
    "Gustave is a large male Nile crocodile in Burundi who is notorious for being a man-eater, rumored to have killed as many as 200 people on the banks of the Ruzizi River and the northern shores of Lake Tanganyika, between which he roams. Though the actual number of victims is difficult to verify, he has obtained near-mythical status and is greatly feared by people in the region."- Wikipedia

"Sobek was an ancient Egyptian deity with a complex and elastic history and nature. He is associated with the Nile crocodile or the West African crocodile and is represented either in its form or as a human with a crocodile head. Sobek was also associated with pharaonic power, fertility, and military prowess, but served additionally as a protective deity with apotropaic qualities, invoked especially for protection against the dangers presented by the Nile."- Wikipedia

Both statements are true, factual anecdotes about the individuals Gustave and Sobek. Where that changed however, was when some unfortunate master attempted to summon an Egyptian god as a servant for a grail war in New York City. Upon using the proper catalyst, Sobek was contacted in the realm of the gods via The Throne, notifying him that he needed to pick a suitable host to manifest as a pseudoservant, or send a proxy blessed by him and fulfill his contract. While he could have simply bestowed his power on to one of the Pharaohs he had favored in his more active days, sending them instead, he briefly peered down at Earth to see who was there... and he saw something. Someone to him, though humans would likely not give him the luxury of personhood.

Gustave.

Quickly putting The Throne on hold for just a moment, Sobek descended back to earth to converse with the Nile Crocodile. It was unknown what was said, but when Sobek returned, he assured the throne he had found a host of "surprising intelligence, and admirable character". When it questioned him if a human would be better, he simply laughed, ensuring The Throne that he was certain about his choice. After The Throne had left, another Egyptian god, Thoth, asked Sobek to explain his decision, finding it Illogical- especially as the Crocodile God had not gone to be the commander of the pseudoservant vessel, merely granting Gustave a small portion of his power. As it turned out, Sobek just thought it was funny.

Gustave's position as a pseudoservant was a bit.

A bit that ended up eliminating 3 servants, 4 masters (his own included) and an unknown number of civilians, before being put down by a team of Rider, Lancer, and Caster. In addition to making his arrangement with Sobek more than a one-off joke, it is also seen in the magical community as the origin of the New York Sewer Gator (Crocodile) myth.

Personality:
    Gustave, as a crocodile, is not seen as having much of a personality- upon being summoned, Sobek will quickly manifest to ensure the master that he is, "a respectable lad, as long as you keep him fed", which is true, if you have the same sort of morals as an ancient crocodile god. Gustave is historically cunning, malicious, and hungry, a legendary predator through and through. Food seems to be the only thing he cares about, and if gifted some nicely prepared meat, rather than having to hunt for it, he'll do a happy little steppy motion like a dog being offered a treat. It's cute, and suggests a fondness of seasoning.

Parameters:
    It should be noted that Gustave's stats should be MUCH lower, but as a technical host for Sobek, they have been amped to a much higher level

STR: B
    END: A
    AGI: B
    MGI: D
    LCK: C

Length: Unknown length over 20+ feet
    Weight: Unknown weight over 1 ton
    Dislikes: Being hungry
    Talent: Inexplicably surviving every single kill/capture attempt
    Natural Enemy: Servants with Riding at A or above
    Notable Traits: Divine Beast
    Armament: Crocodile teeth/jaw
    Catalyst: Hieroglyphic engravings with Sobek upon them

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment: C
    Hides one's presence as a Servant. Suitable for spying. The rank of Presence Concealment drops considerably when preparing to attack.
    Even with Sobek's amp, Gustave is simply too big to utilize the conventional ambush predation tactics of his species, awarding him a life of battling hippos and humans, and a poor utilization of this skill.

Independent Action (Nutrition): C
    A skill granted upon him by Sobek, allowing Gustave to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from his Master, as well as staying manifested for an entire day after.
    The Nutrition designation is an extension of Sobek's authority- the natural ability of Nile Crocodiles to go for half a year without eating at no expense, bolstered to a fantastic level. By eating Servants, he can replenish his mana (and extra staying time) by an amount depending on their mana stat.

Divinity: D
    Being blessed with a small amount of the god Sobek's power to fulfill a contractual obligation to help The Throne if called upon, Gustave obtains a very minor score in divinity.

Personal Skills:

Monstrous Strength: C
    Crocodiles are well known for having one of the most deadly bites on the planet, using their jagged maws to crush and tear prey. Bolstered by Sobek's authority over crocodiles, Gustave can use it to amplify his Strength parameter in short bursts.

Resistance from Arrows: C
    Gustave is recognizable by both his massive size, and by three bulletholes that mar his hide. The source of the wounds is unknown, but due to the fact that it is his single most important identifying feature, it has been amped to a personal skill via Sobek's power. Unlike Protection from arrows, Sobek will still be hit by ranged weaponry, but it will simply bounce off him, or have impact lessened if it is a noble phantasm of a equal or higher rank being used.

Battle Continuation: C
    Due to his massive size (being estimated to be around 60 years, yet having the size of a crocodile with a century of life behind it), Gustave has been cursed by nature to not enjoy the usual, swift prey of his species such as antelopes, gazelle, zebras, and large fish. Instead, he has been documented going after larger and/or more deadly creatures such as Buffalo, Hippopotami, and most famously, Humans. Due to this, (and as evidenced by the massive damage to his right shoulderblade) he has experienced a life of deadly combat, living on with his wounds, as crocodiles have no medical expertise.

Noble Phantasm:

Primal Krokodeilópolis

Type: Blessing-Type Noble Phantasm
    Range: 3 Meters
    Max Targets: 1

Blessed with a small sliver of Sobek's divinity over the Nile River, Gustave is able to treat physical objects such as the walls of a building, and the earth as if they are liquid, extending this radius of effect up to 3 meters around him. While he can sense the vibrations of the pseudoliquid, and doesn't need to breathe within it as part of the authority, he is an animal, and nothing if not instinctual. This means the top of his head, or at least his eyes can often be seen peeking out from the ground or walls, unrestrained by gravity. Notable tactical usages of the ability include doing a death roll within a solid surface, and grinding his prey away by shrinking the affected area slightly, causing friction as the substance partially solidifies, as well as using his Monstrous strength to breach from surfaces at high speeds, achieving great aerial distance like a great white shark or killer whale.

It's name references the horror movie based on Gustave, and the sacred city of Sobek, located near modern Faiyum.

Creator Notes-Funny thing about Gustave- still not dead. That, and the fact that he's from the modern era gave me the funny idea to make him a very hands-off pseudoservant.
    -The listed Foreigner Gustave-Alter is an idea I will probably never make good on, but a reference to a magazine article in 2019 where the author said he died. Only issue is, he has been seen since, and there was no proof. The Foreigner bit would be a reference to that little lack of info on his death, a standard for the class.
    Last edited by Kamera; January 26th, 2023 at 10:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    I'm surprised there's no mention of Del's Veles, but the more interesting part is an underworld god associated with water. Very interesting.

You hear that? That's an alarm clock in the distance. The divine crocodile is coming.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; January 26th, 2023 at 10:09 PM.
    Fate/Without Justice

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...I'm starting to question which one I'm sticking around for. The sheet reveals, or Morg's comments.

...probably both.
    Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)

Blog Entries
    I'm never there when people post anymore. Today i am, and I'm reveling in it.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool 7
    The Top
    Across time and space, myth and legend, fact and fiction, we are regaled with tales of masters- not of servants, but of their respective crafts. Those whose abilities became so finely honed in life, that upon manifestation as a heroic spirit, they were unchanged: resulting in a Rankless Noble Phantasm. Please, regale me with the saga of one of those masters who cast aside rank as servants!

Let’s go to the beach, beach!
    While a certain organization always seems to run into trouble around some shore, resulting in the stirring of Saint-Graphs, and the creation of summer servants, what about those who are already like that? Heroes who come pre-packaged for the season of sun’s-out-guns-out, bikini bodies at the ready. Those who would fit right in at the bar in Margaritaville, or in a Top Gun-esque volleyball game. A hero of the beach! Please, regale me with the saga of a natural Summer Servant!

Serv. Fighter: Third Strike
    Since the dawn of man- nay, the age of gods, those with physical form have forever engaged in physical conflict- even when without weapons. Instead, through whatever method that strikes their fancy, they fight with their own form, engaging in the sacred tradition of pugilism- which is to say, beating the shit out of each other. Whether it be through finely-honed martial arts, or simple instinctual brutality, I ask of you: please, regale me with the saga of a hand to hand fighter, a close quarters combatant!
    [First Sheet]

Berserker of Arcadian Wrestling
    ⫷ The Name of the Game ⫸

"I sure hope you weren't expecting a Caster or an Assassin instead. Not that I've got a grudge against those types, or that I'm the sort of fighter to underestimate them. But their whole style just isn't what I'm all about. And if you're still going to try and push me into a whole other direction just because the game doesn't match all of your earlier strategies, it won't end well for either of us. Trust me."

Source

"I'm your Berserker-Class Servant, the undefeated wrestler hailing from the peaks of Arcadia. And I'm going to prevail through wrestling in this contest, too, so your plan had better account for that, you hear me? Now then, there's really no point in stalling any further with everything going on right now, so I'm going to tell you my identity loud and clear. I'm the daughter of the Olympian god Hermes! My True Name is Palaestra!"

Class: Berserker
    True Name: Palaestra
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Source: Greek mythology
    Region: Arcadia, Greece

Parameters

STR: B+
    AGI: B+
    END: B+
    MGI: C
    LCK: A--
    NP: B

Attribute: Earth
    Armament: Barehanded combat
    Dislikes: Arguments, especially between families and couples
    Talent: Pretending not to know you
    Natural Enemy: Hermes
    Catalyst: A wrestling ring drawn in sand

Class Skills
    Mad Enhancement | E

Berserker's Rank in her Class Skill is particularly low, and its benefits to her parameters entirely negligible. At first glance, someone unfamiliar with her backstory may hypothesize that her being summoned as a Berserker derives entirely from the fact that her style of barehanded wrestling is classified as an inherently savage form of combat. In truth, that has little to do with it. Berserker's madness was her reaction to the slaughter that involved her brothers, her father, Hermes, and Zeus. Due to the choices she made following that incident, she's unable to ever refer to her brothers or her father, the royalty of Arcadia, by name; she's also unable to refer to Hermes as anything other than her father, and may never reference their true relationship.

"Feels pretty scary to be put into the role of a Berserker too far gone to realize what's gone wrong with my mind. As far as I can tell, my head's working about the same as it did back when I lived in Arcadia. Barely anything seems to have changed for me. Is it a lot more obvious to you? ...You know what, don't answer that. I'm not sure I'd believe you either way. No offence. It's just not an easy thing to deal with, you know?"

Personal Skills
    Palē | A+

Palaestra. A sand-covered court in which youths wrestled beside the gymnasium. Later on, it also began to refer to more advanced structures as well, and, to this day, it's still the root of the word for "gym" in several languages. Palē is a word tied to palaestra, and refers to the sport practiced within it. As a Skill, put simply, it refers to mastery over several forms of barehanded combat, usually centred on wrestling and grappling, as well as an extreme degree of competence in other athletic tasks of all kinds as long as they can be performed without the usage of weapons.

"Well, what can I say... You tend to pick up a thing or two about a sport when you've been at it for nearly your whole life, and certainly for longer than anyone else. I didn't think much of it at the start, you know. Just a bit of fun. Just a bit of novelty. Then... Things happened, I couldn't get them or the sport out of my head, and I needed to find a way to deal with that. Still, palē ended up being something amazing, after all."

Escape Artist (Combat) | A+

One might think that, being the pinnacle of the form of fighting known as palē, Berserker would be an all-rounder capable to excel in all of its areas. That's half correct. While she can, in fact, triumph over most other practicioners of palē across history in the areas at which they were the strongest, she could go even further than that, so she did develop a specialty. It was one extremely suited to the nature of the sport, as well as to her personality. It was born out of a combination of blindingly fast speed, technical knowledge and fighting skill at the highest levels particularly when it came to grappling, as well as, of course, sheer overwhelming brute strength. To sum it up, in virtually every situation, Berserker can't ever be put into a physical hold unless she actively wants to, and she can break out of any physical hold at any time. Differently from Disengage and its variants, this Skill doesn't refer to the ability to actually retreat from a fight altogether, whether genuinely or as a fakeout.

"The game is all about me taking the others to the ground, and not the other way around. Most people don't seem to realize this, so they still try anyway. But their hands, nets, chains, whatever — they're not just going to reach me. And if it ever looks like they're about to, well, that's already too late for them to ask themselves a few questions, like 'Doesn't this seem to easy?' or 'Would it actually help to try and catch her right now?' By then I've usually already managed to clench my win."

Flower of the Sun God | B

Though she became essentially estranged from Hermes after a certain incident, Berserker eventually earnt some attention from another deity. She always favoured spending as much time as possible in the sun rather than in the shade, regardless of the standards of her era and any insults it earnt her. That by itself would've been relatively unremarkable, but she went so far to criticise even the dryads that served the Gods for constantly staying in the shade under their trees. This and her constant requests for the sunlight to shine upon her amused the deity of the sun, who bestowed a blessing upon her. Essentially, she's able to nullify any specific bonuses that enemy Servants may earn from staying in darkness, though she isn't able to actually increase the visibility around her. Moreover, if any enemy Servants are powered up by sunlight, she'll be able to take part of that power for herself: she won't let the sun shine brighter on any others than it does on her, and they'll be forced to share the spotlight with her.

"It was never the same thing that there was with... my father. It was different. I never met Helios, I never met Apollo, I never met Eos. I guess they liked me just enough to give a little help, but not enough to talk or show up. Or maybe it's the gods that do that sort of thing that like you the best. People never could quite agree on that back then. It sure felt like that in my own case. ...The reason they never turned up near me... Might've been pity, too. But I don't like to think of it that way. So, while I can, I'm choosing to believe it wasn't that."

Noble Phantasm
    "Hnnf. Hrrgh. Hnnf. You had me winded for a moment there, but it looks like the hold's secure for now. So, it's time to say that... I'm sorry. Really. The part that comes next wasn't my fault. Honestly. All I did back then was talk. All I did was... Let those around me be who they really were. ...Urrrk. I don't want to do this. If it wasn't for Master, I'd never try to go through this again. ...Now. Goodbye."

Basileos Dusmoria Theou Elenkhos
    The Nefarious Price to Free That Game

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 0
    Targets: 1 person

Berserker's Noble Phantasm has no passive effect, and requires its True Name to be invoked to be activated. However, she'll rarely do that willingly, without the usage of a Command Spell. This isn't without reason. In the first place, it requires an enemy to be caught in her hold to be effective upon its invocation. Secondly, it's rather demanding in terms of magical energy expenditure, which may put her Master, and consequently her as well, in considerable danger if used at the wrong time. Thirdly, she finds it much more enjoyable to crush her enemies through palē without actively recalling this aspect of her legend. When the True Name of this Noble Phantasm is invoked, the parts of the target that are completely immobilised by the hold will be turned inside out and explode in a flower of gore, leaving behind only dismembered remains, much resembling the state to which Hermes was reduced by Berserker's brothers, or the state to which her father was reduced by Zeus before the deity made a bag of him.

LoreAn incredibly long time ago, early on during the time of the Twelve Olympians, one brother grabbed hold of the other, lifted him up in the air, and slammed him to the ground with a resounding noise. The one on the ground grunted and cursed and lifted himself back up on his feet and tried to force the other's right into a hold. That one narrowly slipped away. They sized each other up and went back at it. The sounds of their fighting could be heard across Arcadia. But there were only two other witnesses.

The father of the two fighters, the king, found himself entertained by that training, and declared that their wrestling should become a game sport. His daughter, Palaestra, had also seen the two fight. She mentioned this to her lover, the god Hermes, who made improvements to the game and spread it to all sorts of people, regardless of their provenance. Palaestra was delighted, and mentioned to her brothers how Hermes had led to the popularity of their game. Unlike her, they were decidedly not happy.

Palaestra's brothers travelled to the mount where Hermes was resting and tore him apart in his sleep. The god, when he woke up, was no worse for wear, but complained of this to Zeus, who, in turn, disemboweled the father of the two, stripped away his skin, and made a bag of it all.

Palaestra's brothers had torn the flesh of her lover into pieces. Her lover had got her father brutally murdered.

She no longer wanted anything to do with them. But the game, the accursed game that had led to all of this suffering, was something she couldn't get out of her head, nor out of her life, of the motions she had taken up and kept constantly repeating. She devoted herself to the game above all else. She even took to referring to Hermes as her father in revenge for his actions. The god, on his part, happened to lose interest in her in favour of another lover while Palaestra was still finding out a way to deal with the fate that had befallen her. As a parting gift, he named the sport and the court in which it was played after her. Then, he left, without ever looking back. It could be that at some point he even forgot that they'd ever been together and that she'd never been his daughter. Though Palaestra achieved fame and renown across the Hellenistic world, she never cared for celebrity. The only thing that mattered was furthering her training and growing her streak as an undefeated wrestler. Despite everything, she managed to find genuine enjoyment and personal fulfillment in the sport that had come to permeate all aspects of her life.

Eventually, she got weak enough that she couldn't possibly keep up with her training the way she could in her younger days. Gradually, the intensity of her training diminished, though her enthusiasm for palē only continued to grow, and her winning streak continued to go unbroken. However, one day, in the midst of a bout of illness that clouded her judgement, she couldn't stop herself from taking on a new challenge: an even harsher training than those she had undergone her youth. On that day, Palaestra overexerted and died.

Description
    "Oh? Are you here to wrestle? 'Questions'... If that's a no, I'll just go on training by myself, then. Ask anything you'd like while I keep at this. I'm not weak enough to be thrown off my rhythm by some idle chatter, so it's definitely fine."

Source (crop of official art from The Hunters Guild: Red Hood by Yuki Kawaguchi)

Likes: "Training, as I'm doing right now. Wrestling, of course. And a warm, sunny day. Though, I don't actually enjoy training and wrestling this much just for what they are. It's more like I can't get palē out of my head, so I've chosen to like it instead. That decision's been working out well so far. No pun intended."

Dislikes: "I hate getting roped in any arguments. Especially other people's. Especially with families and couples and shit. The way I see it, more often than not it's not worth it, and at best a waste of time. There's not a lot that gets me to throw down with people who just want to shout at each other over this and that, rather than fight over the sand for the love of the sport. Of course, if I'm face to face not with friends or random strangers, but with enemy Servants and Masters trying their best to kill me, I'll crush those who don't give a shit about palē, too."

Wish for the Grail: "All I need is a body that will let me keep up my training forever without growing frail and weak with age. Having a human body precluded me from greater heights. And, as a Heroic Spirit, I can hardly grow any stronger than I already am, not to mention that, without the Grail, I can never stay away from the Throne for long."

Bond 5
    Wish for the Grail: "I suppose it'd be something to do with Hermes, my father, and my brothers. But what I want for them right now, not even I could tell you. I've spent decades upon decades thinking about it by now, and I still couldn't come up with anything. They'd better hope I figure out what I actually want by the time I get my hands on the Grail. You didn't actually believe the wish I told you before, did you? It's true that I've been training for my own sake. And it can be frustrating, to find out you've got limits even when it comes to what you do best. I've come to love the game that got my name... But the pain I've been feeling, the things I've always wanted to set right but never did, they've got nothing to do with how well or how badly I played. So yeah, there you have it. I lied to your face."

In terms of personality, contrary to what one might expect, Paleastra isn't a terribly assertive person. Of course, she'll do her utmost to mantain her status as a wrestler who has never lost a battle, and will challenge any who dare doubt her claim of being undefeated. However, when it comes to deep and genuine disagreements, she's more likely to give one the silent treatment, or even to pretend not to know them. In other words, passive aggression. She particularly dislikes witnessing arguments between families or between couples, and will avoid them as much as possible.

Outside of that, she'll keep constantly devoting herself to her training and her wrestling. If possible, she'll also consume out of habit enough for the proper nutrition and hydration that she would've required in life, even though being a Servant should free her of such burdens. Despite everything she's gone through and her passive-aggression problems that still persist, she generally mantains a positive attitude, if not necessarily a constantly high-energy one. Lastly, there's one more thing of importance to note.

Palaestra does appear to have grown genuinely appreciative of the sport named after her, in time.

Relationships"TRI-HERMES, TRISMEGISTUS... Magi sure have a thing for that side of my father, huh. Can't say I've ever learnt that much about it, myself."

Quetzalcoatl
    "What a boastful god. You've got much more experience in... What's the word again?... 'Cutting promos' than me, I'll give you that. But in the end, talk is just talk. Even without that side of things, my palē can stand proud next to your lucha."

Gawain
    "I won't let you hog all the sunlight for yourself, so get ready to be outshined."

Caenis
    "That running reminds me of someone... No, I'd better not say that out loud anywhere Caenis could hear me, that comparison could be taken the wrong way... Beside, right now, Caenis might even be faster than that person as I knew him."

Heracles (Berserker)
    "The so-called strongest hero of all Greece, and one of the inventors of pankration... Hm. For some reason, it doesn't seem right to challenge him as he is right now. I can't say the reminder of what happened to his family makes me feel any better about what happened to mine. And he just seems... Too lost within it to make for an enjoyable fight. Not that I'm afraid I'd certainly lose. If we actually needed to battle, I'd face him without hesitation."

Bond Craft Essence
    Columns Over Red Sand

Source

I've never tried to hate the game that took my name.

I thought it wouldn't be worth it. Not when it would've still taken up all of my thoughts either way. It shapes every movement I do, too, whether on purpose or not. Even when I'm also thinking about something else, it's still there with me. And even if I tried as hard as possible, I could never get rid of it.

I've been thinking about them all this time. Hermes, my father, my brothers. I've realized I can't even bring myself to think of the names of those who died back then. I've been thinking about them all this time, and I still barely have any idea how I feel. But... There is something I've decided.

I'm glad I couldn't hate palē in the end.

That's as much mercy as someone like me could've expected.

[Second Sheet]

Looks like you caught up to me at last... Congratulations, Master, for finally reaching your omniscient trump card!

"Just so you know, I have no idea what happens next!"

Source for FC 1
    Source for FC 2

There was a garden at the foot of a mountain covered in olives, and the name of that garden was Gethsemane. Thirty-three years had passed since the birth of Jesus. Only a few moments had passed since his Last Supper with his Apostles, since the announcement of the oncoming betrayal. Together, thirteen entered that garden, and Jesus asked the others to pray, and went through agony as he appeared to parlay with God, and sweat seeped out him like blood and blood like sweat.

As he parlayed, as he agonised, as he bled, he saw. Many of his faithful say that what he saw was every sin that had been committed, was being commited, and would ever be committed by humanity. In the end, they say he accepted what he saw, he accepted the betrayal that would come, he accepted his role as a sacrifice in the name of God's love for humanity, and he forgave humanity's sins.

There were four narrow walls more than one thousand and two hundred years later, and no door that could be seen by human eyes, and a human between those four walls. It was too late for him. His sin had taken place. His vows as a monk had been broken. His punishment had come at hand.

Even so, he had made a plea to the abbot. A pledge to compile all earthly knowledge within a single manuscript over the course of a single day. In exchange for that, were he to be successful, his life would be spared. Otherwise, he would be doomed to waste away and starve to an early death.

It was in this situation that the sinner who had been a monk, the man within those walls, received a vision analogue to the one Jesus had seen in the garden of the Gethsemane. He saw everything that had been. He saw everything that was. He saw everything that would be. And that man, accursed as he was, did not think to forgive, did not think to damn. In the throes of his agony, in the throes of divine inspiration, he lifted up a pen, drowned it in ink, and put it to the parchement. Then he wrote out everything.

The moment after he had inscribed the very last character, midnight struck, and his heart gave out abruptly. They found his corpse clasping an enormous tome, desperately, tenderly. No one could decipher the characters within, written in a cosmic shorthand only he had ever known, spontaneously born for the purpose of brevity at the same moment in which he had received his revelation, and subsequently taken to the grave as soon as it had served its purpose. A script with which to write down, not a script meant to be read.

Even so, entirely unable to understand the contents of the tome, the Holy Church nonetheless recognised it as a Sacrament and a Mystic Code of the highest degree. The pledge that man had made to his abbot only made the nature of the tome more disquieting. They chose to hide the manuscript and lock it away. Afterwards, they replaced it with a fake of the same size, but filled with contents that could be fully understood by the other monks. Works by preexisting authors that were entirely unrelated to magecraft or any other such heresies, and that revealed no Sacrament which should have been kept secret from the general public. A completely ordinary manuscript, save for its unusual dimensions.

Privately, the Holy Church continued to keep hold of the Mystic Code over centuries, and their awe of it did not diminish. However, they needed to further discourage outsiders from delving deeper into the matter of that manuscript. On the surface, the Church said that its author had sold his soul to Satan in order to complete the work in time, and took to calling it "the Devil's Bible" in front of those not in the known. Moreover, they affixed something rather uncommon to the fake: a full-page depiction of the Devil. A sign with a precise message. "Don't look any further into this. You don't want to know from whence it came."

Class: Caster
    True Name: Herman the Recluse
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Origin: Historical Facts and Rumors, Podlažice, Modern-day Czech Republic
    Attribute: Man

A thirteenth-century Benedictine monk and alleged author of the Codex Gigas, also known as the Devil's Bible. The nature of the sin which led to him breaking his vows as a monk and being sentenced to death is vague. His behaviour on that particular matter is rather evasive, and does not help in clearing up that murkiness.

In truth, the term Codex Gigas refers to both the manuscript he actually wrote and to the fake with which it was replaced, whereas the latter term only refers to the innocuous replacement manuscript assembled by the Church. The term which refers exclusively to the manuscript he truly penned on the day of his death is not known to the public. His work is the Volumen Getsemanis.

Parameters:
    STR: E
    END: D
    AGI: C
    MGI: A
    LCK: A
    NP:

Class Skills:
    Territory Creation: C++
    Allows creation of a workshop. In Caster's case, the territory is somewhat structurally shoddy and haphazard by the standards of other Servants with the same Class. It's possible for Caster to unleash the full potential of this Skill only by constructing a narrow workshop closed by four walls with no exit, which Caster however describes as "inconvenient".

Item Construction: A
    Rapid construction of several kinds of Mystic Codes is possible. Moreover, given the time to master the required practical skills, or aid in the form of appropriate Mystic Codes, Caster is also able to replicate even extremely complex items as long as they belong to Proper Human History. This upgrade to this Skill can also be considered a side effect of the knowledge provided by his Noble Phantasm.

High-Speed Incantation: C
    The speed at which he was capable of crafting his Noble Phantasm extends not only to his Item Construction, but also to his capability to recite spoken Sacraments (and the occasional nonchalantly heretical spell) at a tremendous pace. However, his experience in terms of chanting them in the midst of actual combat situations is still somewhat lacking, hence he may occasionally falter.

Independent Manifestation: A
    Caster may manifest at any point and place of Proper Human History described within his Volumen Getsemanis. The only condition behind it is for the Volumen to have existed in Proper Human History at some point before, during, or after, which is always true. Strictly speaking, he may not manifest directly within a Lostbelt or a Singularity, but he may manifest at the exact point of divergence and then choose to delve within the path that strays from Proper Human History. Caster doubts that Jesus himself could possess a similar ability: Caster only has it due to his "merging" with the Mystic Code embodying their vision, the Volumen Getsemanis. "Besides, wouldn't having this Skill go completely against his role!? Your writing's OOC!"

Personal Skills:
    Information Erasure: D
    The first of two Skills representing the seal of the devil affixed by the Holy Church to the fake Codex Gigas, which Caster has warped to his own advantage. Prevents his exact appearance, True Name, Skills, and other abilities from being remembered by eyewitnesses after he leaves, but doesn't erase the consequences of his actions, nor any recorded footage. Caster typically seems to delight in the ensuing confusion, though it's hard to ascertain exactly how much of that enjoyment is genuine and how much of it is deliberate posturing.

Dread Icon (False): C
    The second of two Skills representing the seal of the devil affixed by the Holy Church to the fake Codex Gigas, which Caster has warped to his own advantage. Essentially, an overpowering aura of fear with a radius of 30 metres that can be turned on and off at will. Additional mana expenditure is only necessary to exclude specific people from its effect while the area is active for all others. Though Caster doesn't see it as quite as fun as his Information Erasure, he admits it's cost effective.

Weak Constitution (Spacetime): A+
    Fundamentally, the human known as Herman the Recluse, or Hermannus Heremitus, is not any more important than any other human. In fact, he took no disciples of note, he preached no new precepts, and he led no revolution in the thoughts of humankind. He lived unremarkably and committed what was considered to be a very grave sin, which must however have been committed by many others before him, seeing as how utterly forgotten its specifics came to be in his case.

His only notable act was transcribing in a shorthand no others could read a vision originally meant for someone other than himself, and then dying. That alone elevated him to a level of cosmic importance he could have never before even imagined to assume. Suddenly, he knew everything. Suddenly, he could be everywhere.

But it was too sudden. Someone who had been as fundamentally common as him could never withstand the knowledge and the ubiquity with no repercussions. Not when even Jesus had experienced a devastating agony when receiving the same vision.

At any moment, Caster may experience a sharp drop in all parameters out of the blue, with particularly devastating effects in the midst of combat. Caster claims that, due to the nature of his abilities, he has experienced this frailty at least once at every point in history he ever visited. "It's 100% utterly debilitating and I can't do anything about it when it comes but wait. You get used to it."

Noble Phantasm:
    Volumen Getsemanis
    Codex Gigas
    Type: Anti-Otherworld
    Caster's Noble Phantasm is encoded in a constantly shifting cipher, never equal from one moment to another, nor equal in each moment to itself. Under normal circumstances, only Caster is able to consult it directly. Moreover, Caster has essentially "merged" with the Volumen Getsemanis at the moment of his death. Consequently, he took on many properties which he should have never been able to acquire otherwise, such as his Independent Manifestation Skill.

It goes without saying, but the Volumen Getsemanis is the total sum of all knowledge about Proper Human History. Everything that has happened, is happening, or will happen over the course of Proper Human History is written within. Nothing more, nothing less.

This also means that this Noble Phantasm gives zero information on any events outside of Proper Human History, and zero way to predict them. It's a mystery, then, why Caster only ever seems to show up within Singularites or Lostbelts of which he has no knowledge. One possibility is that he, or at least his Noble Phantasm, might be seen as an embodiment of the knowledge that may have helped Proper Human History avoid such scenarios in the first place.

Incidentally... Lostbelts are trapped in an eternal present with no progress and no significant change from one day to the next, and Singularities are prone to collapsing upon the fulfillment of their purpose, aside from special exceptions which possess specific anchors, such as Rhongomyniad. Allegedly, because of this, knowledge of all of Proper Human History through being "merged" to the Volumen Getsemanis is sufficient to qualify Caster as a Grand Caster candidate despite his lack of a proper Clairvoyance Skill, according to his own claims. He also insists not to worry, because he's actually pretty far down the line in the usual rankings, and it's really just a matter of technicalities that surely won't come to be relevant at some point or another.