Page 123 of 214 FirstFirst ... 2373113118121122123124125128133173 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 4267

Thread: Fate/Samurai Remnant

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle M@koto Kisaragi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GD3713 View Post
    Spoiler:
    For real Raikou looks so good here, her and Are being the only two unplayable servants on a cast of 14(and Gilgamesh) with more to come via DLC makes me sad...then i remember Musashi and her wank are part of said playable servants and it makes me mad
    Spoiler:
    Oh come on, this accusation over Musashi has became so tiring as heck, despite Rider not being playable i'm still sane enough to have common sense lel

Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    If there's anyone getting a "wank" here it's Iori and no one else.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Does it matter? They're the same sword
    Spoiler:
    It's just weird that Ibuki gets "the lawnmower" when she's clearly closer to Orochi, and Takeru gets "the heavenly sword of the gathering clouds" when he is the guy who mowed the lawn. Doubly so with the whole "different name = different version" gimmick.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle DrStein's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I don't really understand the logic there either.

Metacritic has released their review on Samurai Remnant, and they gave it more than 80 score, congrats everyone! Now waiting for Steam review: https://www.metacritic.com/game/fate-samurai-remnant/

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Shoulda just called it Beam Sword:Serpent.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Personally, my guess is that it's a creative take based on Yui Shousetsu's connection with Mori Souiken in a novel named Makai Tensho. The gist of the novel is that Souiken was a survivor of Shimabara, who then sought to dethrone the shogun using a spell that can bring back dead people as puppets, and to that end he joined force with Yui Shousetsu, a ronin who was disgruntled with the state of shogunate.
    Spoiler:
    The difference in details are probably excused by this being a pruned timeline.
    Makai Tensho? Say no more. That explains everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by T.H. White
    "If I were to be made a knight," said the Wart. staring dreamily into the fire, "[...] I should pray to God to let me encounter all the evil in the world in my own person, so that if I conquered there would be none left, and, if I were defeated, I would be the one to suffer for it."

JP Friend Code
    The part of today's interview that I actually got done today.

A lot of repeat content from the Shibusawa interview here, but the next parts will have more new stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Some pantheons are depicted as Tamamo, while others are only potentially Tamamo.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Well the game being planned at EoR stage does make the roster of character make a lot of sense

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Spoiler:
    It's just weird that Ibuki gets "the lawnmower" when she's clearly closer to Orochi, and Takeru gets "the heavenly sword of the gathering clouds" when he is the guy who mowed the lawn. Doubly so with the whole "different name = different version" gimmick.
    I wanted to say that Fate has a different take of that event in legend, but I can't help but agree when they even add this scene.
    Spoiler:
    The aura is clearly windy instead of watery. You would think it at least shows water powers in their flashback to be consistent with the theme.

Blog Entries
    Seems Koei did a pretty good job

I wish there was a demo. Never played a Koei Tecmo game, not sure if it's for me. At this point I'll wait for a sale before giving it a whirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by T.H. White
    "If I were to be made a knight," said the Wart. staring dreamily into the fire, "[...] I should pray to God to let me encounter all the evil in the world in my own person, so that if I conquered there would be none left, and, if I were defeated, I would be the one to suffer for it."

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Does Arjuna get much character development now that Karna's nowhere to be seen?

Quote Originally Posted by Maedhros View Post
    I wish there was a demo. Never played a Koei Tecmo game, not sure if it's for me. At this point I'll wait for a sale before giving it a whirl.
    If you're buying it on Steam you have 2 hours to play and get a full refund if you don't like it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Never trust early reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Seems Koei did a pretty good job
    It's kinda impressive (and sad) that they are more successful on the IP games (One Piece Pirate's Warrior Series and now Fate/Samurai Remnant) and soul-like games (Nioh and Wo Long) rather than their own OG games (Dynasty/Samurai Warriors and Dead or Alive)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Never trust early reviews.
    I get what are you trying to say but all of those reviews so far very good compared to what we seen like Starfield and those bombed games, neverthless we'll wait for more reviews to come

JP Friend Code
    So, how's the performance on Switch? Still debating getting Switch or Steam.

Steam's more expensive in my country so I hope to play on Switch, but I've been hearing about Switch's performance issues.

I've played some of it already (4 hours give it or take) and so far I'm liking what I've seen. Combat against common foes isn't really demanding and that's fine, the combos are fairly simple to use, the flow of the combat is easy to grasp (when to hit, dodge, interrupt enemies, etc.) but if you just try mashing against stronger enemies you'll be getting hit. Swapping between stances is incentivized during combat due to circumstances and buffs. Load times can be a bitch since I'm playing on a PS4 and yeah the price tag is a hefty one.

Spoiler:
    I tried to fight Rogue Berserker ASAP and he insta killed me with a single grab 10/10 would do it again

I am Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz *breaks* Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call

Spoiler:

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Sasuga Servant Dunker
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by [TRG]Vash View Post
    Spoiler:
    I tried to fight Rogue Berserker ASAP and he insta killed me with a single grab 10/10 would do it again
    Same here but
    Spoiler:
    I was playing as Saber and he grabbed Iori while I was away, instakilling the character I didn't control and causing a game over I had no means of avoiding.

Real good shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Some pantheons are depicted as Tamamo, while others are only potentially Tamamo.