Page 13 of 214 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Samurai Remnant

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    She doesn't have an inherent dark side to make an Alter out of but she could probably be corrupted by outside influence, like Angra's black mud.
    Jeanne can't be corrupted with Grail mud or anything like that.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I'll go fives steps beyond and almost certainly incorrect guess that red bandage man will ultimately become the 6th Jester body we haven't seen yet.
    You spelled Saiki Gouto wrong.
    burn your dread you coward

US Friend Code
    He looks more like Angra than he does DiZ

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Japanese direct had Samurai Remanant on it, different trailer slightly. Kinda laggy on switch.

JP Friend Code
    Slightly? This is a completely different trailer.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Slightly? This is a completely different trailer.

I didn't remember the trailer that well! It has the same building... Jeanne alter... some dog petting.... and also it happened in a direct cut me some slack!

Also another trailer from offical channel, english and japanese
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmPfic8PQ_0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7oWArTuIz4
    8 hours

Wow it runs like absolute shit on Switch lol

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Norayd's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    831 858 325
    Ok so the pic with the japanese-style seven classic classes confirms that this is supposed to be a regular HGW, and makes Jalter's presence much more sus, though I guess it already was quite weird? But now we know for sure she is the Lancer of this HGW, which I don't think should be possible for Jalter no?

Like is any version of her that isn't summoned as an Avenger truly Jalter?

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    Wow it runs like absolute shit on Switch lol
    Extella runs like shit and that's from 2016. Extella ran better on the Vita and my cellphone than it did on my switch (overclocked btw). The switch lags playing the Tsukihime Remake even. It's a very weak console.

US Friend Code
    What does the narrator say about Saber after naming Iori? I'm pretty sure it's not Saber's name.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakamura Yuuichi narration
    Curtains rise for a new Fate/ story.
    The year is 1652. Asakusa, Edo City.
    A mysterious character by the name "Saber" appears before Miyamoto Iori.
    Iori is involved in a dispute between 7 Servants and Masters over the Waxing Moon, which can grant any wishes.
    Iori and Saber's bond will be the key to survival. By performing combat and exploration together, you'll fill up their Sympathy Gauge.
    Face the opposing enemies by using your Sympathy Gauge to perform powerful Combination Attacks.
    Through a tangled web of schemes soaked in blood and deceit, they will what is the path they'll choose.
    This trailer is a lot more gameplay focused compared to the leaked character showcase trailer.
    Good to know petting the dog builds up Sympathy. That's the way you prepare for a boss battle.
    Last edited by Comun; June 21st, 2023 at 01:02 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    The way they showed Jeanne like that, I would've thought she was just fanservice, a bonus boss and not relevant to the main story, like Ryougi in Extra. There isn't much "Oomph!" in the reveal.

- - - Updated - - -

Did Saber's fighting quote indicate anything of their NP or technique? I heard them saying something while doing that water beam.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    Extella runs like shit and that's from 2016. Extella ran better on the Vita and my cellphone than it did on my switch (overclocked btw). The switch lags playing the Tsukihime Remake even. It's a very weak console.
    Those sound more like porting issues than actual platform limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Norayd View Post
    Ok so the pic with the japanese-style seven classic classes confirms that this is supposed to be a regular HGW, and makes Jalter's presence much more sus, though I guess it already was quite weird? But now we know for sure she is the Lancer of this HGW, which I don't think should be possible for Jalter no?

Like is any version of her that isn't summoned as an Avenger truly Jalter?
    When has there ever been such thing as a normal HGW?

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastor View Post
    Those sound more like porting issues than actual platform limitations.
    Most switch games are actually really just poorly optimized, the Switch also doesn't make use of all it's hardware to full capacity due to its battery and powerdraw. The switch is REALLY bad at loading new assets, that's the issue with tsukihime remake, when it tries to load many scenes/sprites at once it lags as it slowly loads them. Extella has a similar issue as well, also the fact that not every game optimizes its handheld and docked mode properly. It is entirely possible to make good looking games with many assets with fast load times on the switch, see XC2 for example that came out same year as the switch. The issue is why would you spend the dev time to generate even lower quality assets and optimize your game for a platform, where not even Nintendo themselves try half the time. ESPECIALLY when it's known from statistics that handheld is actually the most played form of the Switch... Don't get me wrong though, the Switch is still pretty bad, it's worse than a PS4, which, by this point is "old".

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Saw some people wondering if he's Masamune
    Hey ya know thinking about it, if itís Masamune, that could help explain why he feels so similar to Angra. Masamuneís basically the other swordsmith commonly associated with cursed swords besides Muramasa right? Altho I guess those types of bandages and such are just kind of a common thing

US Friend Code
    Twitter announced the international release date as September 29.

Most switch games are actually really just poorly optimized, the Switch also doesn't make use of all it's hardware to full capacity due to its battery and powerdraw. The switch is REALLY bad at loading new assets, that's the issue with tsukihime remake, when it tries to load many scenes/sprites at once it lags as it slowly loads them. Extella has a similar issue as well, also the fact that not every game optimizes its handheld and docked mode properly. It is entirely possible to make good looking games with many assets with fast load times on the switch, see XC2 for example that came out same year as the switch. The issue is why would you spend the dev time to generate even lower quality assets and optimize your game for a platform, where not even Nintendo themselves try half the time. ESPECIALLY when it's known from statistics that handheld is actually the most played form of the Switch... Don't get me wrong though, the Switch is still pretty bad, it's worse than a PS4, which, by this point is "old".
    I wouldn't use XB2 as an example of a optimized Nintendo game when it's portable state is infamously poor. They thankfully got better with 3.
    Three Hopes ran great on Switch, so KT really has no excuse about the poor framerate of Remnant's Switch port.
    Last edited by Catastor; June 21st, 2023 at 11:37 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastor View Post
    Three Hopes ran great on Switch, so KT really has no excuse about the poor framerate of Remnant.
    Three Hopes used the FE Three houses engine actually, they repurposed it for Three Hopes so it already had a lot of effort put into it. In comparison this is an entirely different engine not made with the switch in mind. It also was their second? switch exclusive musou game. This specifically does not look like a musou game, many of the scenes show a pretty big map with streets, also Three Hopes trailers had visible framerate issues as well but it was "better" when the game released. Most games are developed/focused/optimized with Playstation in mind.
    Add the points I said from above together as well, and with it not being exclusive they have no reason to, or don't have the time to waste on it having good performance on switch.

Three Hopes used the FE Three houses engine actually, they repurposed it for Three Hopes so it already had a lot of effort put into it. In comparison this is an entirely different engine not made with the switch in mind. It also was their second? switch exclusive musou game. This specifically does not look like a musou game, many of the scenes show a pretty big map with streets, also Three Hopes trailers had visible framerate issues as well but it was "better" when the game released. Most games are developed/focused/optimized with Playstation in mind.
    Add the points I said from above together as well, and with it not being exclusive they have no reason to, or don't have the time to waste on it having good performance on switch.
    Do we know it's a different engine? This just looks like the same engine they used for their other warriors games and some spin-offs like DQ Heroes and Persona 5 Strikers that are already on Switch. I don't see why they'd change for Fate.
    And just to note, there was Age of Calamity, a Switch exclusive Musou game that had terrible framerates, and was never fixed. Exclusivity doesn't guarantee optimization. Three Hopes showed improvement, so people would expect them to have a proper handle on developing for a hardware system, they've already years of experience on.
    They've been on PC for even longer and I fully expect the Steam version to have issues too like most of their previous titles.