Thread: Fate/Samurai Remnant

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    "Maybe if you were 15 years younger"
    Based musashi

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    she's not allowed near schools
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly

Just jumping in to say: I really didn't expect to like Archer as much as I do. Sure, he's sort of a generic 'decent dude' type, but I think that fits for Zhou Yu, and it's really refreshing that he's not a pseudo of any kind and is just straight up him.

Also, Fireship Afloat is a sick-ass name for a Noble Phantasm, so there's that plus too.

[EDIT]: Also, his theme fucks.
    Last edited by ALargeToe; October 10th, 2023 at 10:30 AM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Norayd's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    831 858 325
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    The translator saving her ass from allegations here.

EDIT: Wait isn't he 24 in SR? Musashi, why do you want him to be 15 years younger...
    Wasn't she talking to Zheng Chenggong in that scene? How old is he here?

Quote Originally Posted by Norayd View Post
    Wasn't she talking to Zheng Chenggong in that scene? How old is he here?
    Historically? 27.

JP Friend Code
    Yes, but Iori is historically 39 and Takao is historically 11, so the numbers might be off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Some pantheons are depicted as Tamamo, while others are only potentially Tamamo.

I mean, Sendai Takao is easily the most famous one, so it makes sense why they used her, but yeah, learning she was the second one did throw me for a loop.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Too many age discrepancies.

JP Friend Code
    Zheng Chenggong mentions he has kids, so he should be somewhat old
    Last edited by Hakuno; October 10th, 2023 at 11:16 AM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle M@koto Kisaragi's Avatar

Anyone have the screenshot of Yoshinaka sick-ass shot near the end of the video without the sub? ��

US Friend Code
    Yes, but Iori is historically 39 and Takao is historically 11, so the numbers might be off.
    “We’re not wrong, history is!”

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeOfEden View Post
    “We’re not wrong, history is!”
    Why would you hurt Hieda no Are like this?
    Some pantheons are depicted as Tamamo, while others are only potentially Tamamo.

Fucker deserves it for making me fight that fucking dragon during Ray of Light.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Maybe that's why the timeline was pruned. Nothing made sense chronologically so The World went "fuck it".

Quote Originally Posted by ALargeToe View Post
    Just jumping in to say: I really didn't expect to like Archer as much as I do. Sure, he's sort of a generic 'decent dude' type, but I think that fits for Zhou Yu, and it's really refreshing that he's not a pseudo of any kind and is just straight up him.

Also, Fireship Afloat is a sick-ass name for a Noble Phantasm, so there's that plus too.

[EDIT]: Also, his theme fucks.
    Yeah, he's likable, has a good design, good profile and pretty good role in the story. Higashide did it again.

I find it curious that Iori and Takeru are one of the few characters with the common sense to realize that maybe the ritual in which you revive the dead and fight to the death with other people to obtain a wish smells like dark magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Dont think Gil yelling at you to become a uberman will get you a thousand blades unknown to life nor death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    In the nasuverse the easiest way to find out who is the strongest is to have them fight. Whoever loses was the stronger one.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rentenzen View Post
    Just like with how the Holy Grail is made from Das Rheingold, what's the Waxing Moon made out of? Why does the Waxing Moon's vessel look like a pair of arms?

Seems that there are some speculation that the vessel is made from Amakusa's hands. Isn't Amakusa commonly depicted to have his arms cut off sometime just before his death in Fate? (For example, see the beginning of Chapter 20 of the Fate/Apocrypha manga adaption.) As a servant, his arms are like crystallized miracles, so to speak, that can access any type of magecraft. Not sure, if that is also true for the Amakusa in life in Fate, as he just had the constitution to subconsciously perform magecraft, which the people saw as miracles, powered through his faith.

In the Flames of Resentment ending, when Chiemon becomes the Waxing Moon monster, Chiemon's left arm is glowing, as if it has been purified. This arm is also the more "pure"-looking arm of Amakusa's NP Arm (white/blue one). But, that's probably just because it was Chiemon's left arm that was wrapped around by the Waxing Moon. But, why is it glowing as if it was pure?
    Chotto matte, the Waxing Moon vessel looks like a pair of RIGHT arms, not a left arm and a right arm.

Oh, but when the WM vessel wraps around Chiemon's left arm, I see both left and right arms. So... still holds?

Could just be some reversible hands, like from that one FF7:Remake puzle with the giant, robot hands, where the one hand can become the other, but I think that only holds for the part when the WM vessel is wrapping around Chiemon.

Then, for the part where Lancer is grabbed, it is a left hand, but this is probably because Chiemon is the Waxing Moon monster at this point.
    Last edited by Rentenzen; October 10th, 2023 at 02:46 PM.

JP Friend Code

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuno View Post
    Zheng Chenggong mentions he has kids, so he should be somewhat old
    You could hypothetically father children at the age of about 12, so
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly

US Friend Code
    Do ya think if Are won in Ray of Light Iori would just dramatically age immediately due to fixing age descrepencies

- - - Updated - - -

Extremely interesting comparison and point, the point about it not being skill but mentality that separates the demons and saints is very good information to have. I had assumed that the Demon only came from him “being in the wrong era” since the whole idea of wanting to fight people was just considered fine in the previous era (thus Sword Saints) and evil currently (Thus Sword Demons) but this seems to imply that Demons are just people unable to keep their urges intact, thus having their mentality be worse and not “truly enlightened” like the Sword Saints.

This also helps complete the idea of Iori’s wish, since you really could say Takeru granted his wish of improvement to Sword Saint. Just unlike Iori’s idea of it being through victory, it was through defeat. Iori being genuinely content and his thirst quenched for the first and only time at the end of Entreat the Darkness really ties into it. Truly fascinating, really makes me wanna see Iori meet Yagyu now.

Edit: Also extremely curious how fucked up Summer 4 is now with current info.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo845 View Post
    I find it curious that Iori and Takeru are one of the few characters with the common sense to realize that maybe the ritual in which you revive the dead and fight to the death with other people to obtain a wish smells like dark magic.
    Yui and Chiemon both knew, they just did not give a shit is all.