Page 164 of 214 FirstFirst ... 64114154159162163164165166169174 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 4267

Thread: Fate/Samurai Remnant

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Besides his technique, swallow are a symbol of good fortune, positive transition(harbingers of spring) and the like. The earlier flashback with Musashi contemplating on how they don't understand Iori has a swallow flying around at the end so it's possibly a metaphor for Iori and his outcome here?

Just finished the game with the Ray of Light ending.
    Overall a nice game but with some questionable design choice. I am tired of boring busywork and padding in videogames.
    I never want to see a dog/cat petting mechanic ever again.

Some pretty awkward conclusion or lack thereof for some characters depending of your choices.
    I choose to help Dorothea and Yasuhiro's conclusion end up happening offscreen after so much buildup. Yoshinaka is gone. Last time you see Jeanne is as a small unit on the Edo map etc...
    I get that they wanted to do the whole route thing but it felt pretty unsatisfying and i don't really want to press X on the same yokai for another 10 hours. At least i got Caster stuff right away which was great.

I might sound overly negative but it was still a pretty great experience and Rei Wataru's art is awesome.

Does the story deviate a lot if you choose to pursue Yasuhiro or is it just the very end?

Deviates then brings you back and then you get a different ending but NG+ extends various scenes and has a new ending you can choose when you get to that point. Unfortunately, you have to go through the game again to see missing context throughout.

I see, thank you.
    There is more than i thought in NG+. I will pass on that for now then. It's probably not that long if you skip Digressions but I think i will check the new stuff on YouTube later.

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I'll add that Yagyuu in his interlude spooks Douman by killing his Shimousa-style immortal puppet, because Douman assumed that PHH Yagyuu is on the same level as Saber Empyreo, but lol, nope, Sword Saint > Sword Demon. Complete with a short comment from Musashi herself about not wanting to fight PHH Yagyuu, because he'd beat her ass.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Sword Saint in Japanese is 剣聖(Kensei), right? So what is Sword Demon in Japanese? Asking for a friend.

- 剣魔 (Kenma) Sword Demon
    - 剣仙 (Kensen) Sword Sage
    - 剣王 (Kenou) Sword King
    - 剣帝 (Kentei) Sword Emperor
    - 剣神 (Kenjin) Sword God

These titles are pretty common in manwha and manhua.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Many thanks!

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Besides his technique, swallow are a symbol of good fortune, positive transition(harbingers of spring) and the like. The earlier flashback with Musashi contemplating on how they don't understand Iori has a swallow flying around at the end so it's possibly a metaphor for Iori and his outcome here?
    Hm… much to think about

US Friend Code
    By the way did the final secret bosses for this game and they’re pretty funny.

Spoiler:
    Ya get these for doing all previous Battle Recollections so ya need to have played the game at least 3 Times. First ya get Sword Demon Iori, which is the earlier Iori fight but with Iori’s full move set. Not too hard but still cool that ya get the opportunity. The final one though is crazy, ya have to fight all six other Servants. They hit ya with 2 at a time and when one goes down another tags in. The order is Saburo/Jeanne, Raikou, Zhou Yu, Are, and then finally Musashi. Get’s pretty crazy.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Sword Saint in Japanese is 剣聖(Kensei), right? So what is Sword Demon in Japanese? Asking for a friend.
    剣鬼
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Some pantheons are depicted as Tamamo, while others are only potentially Tamamo.

I finished this game (all endings) a couple of days ago and honestly im super impressed by it. I didnt really expect anything out of it but the story blew me away. I really liked what they did with Iori and Saber and how they feed into fate as historical fiction and the broader ideas of FSN.

It's not perfect, and i think it's a bit toooo much of a pastiche of fsn to truly stand on its own, but i really enjoyed the 50-smth hours i spent on it. Looking forward to the dlc too

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle M@koto Kisaragi's Avatar
    It's crazy that at first when they revealed this game around new year peoples weren't hyped or impressed by it (myself included), but now here we are, an another hidden gem and amazing game for us Fate fans

I'm on chapter 6 of the rat route, is it normal not having Arjuna's NP? I'd also like to know if any of the NG+ scenes happen during the "exclusive" parts of each route. Just want to know if I'll have to replay this one.

Also, I know this is just a "me" thing, but I don't think I'll ever like humans defeating servants, like
    Spoiler:
    when Iori and Musashi clash swords, the only thing I could think of was that her A-rank strenght should have either broken his sword or crushed his body.

Lastly, while I'm not gonna fully judge until I play the snake route, assassin's "I wAnT To TesT yoUr ResOLvE" felt so stupid...

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Going back and re-reading Yagyu Sword Demon scenes and him talking about swordsmanship really does make me feel he's who saved Iori since his own plight fits with Iori quite well.
    There's even this line I did not remember at all about how he may have been the best swordsman, but it was in Edo- a time of peace.
    Spoiler:

剣術無双、江戸一の剣豪などと讃えられはすれど
    あくまで平時の最強にすぎぬ等と囁かれようと
    Last edited by MaxAkito; October 11th, 2023 at 02:14 PM.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SMinairo View Post
    I'm on chapter 6 of the rat route, is it normal not having Arjuna's NP? I'd also like to know if any of the NG+ scenes happen during the "exclusive" parts of each route. Just want to know if I'll have to replay this one.

Also, I know this is just a "me" thing, but I don't think I'll ever like humans defeating servants, like
    Spoiler:
    when Iori and Musashi clash swords, the only thing I could think of was that her A-rank strenght should have either broken his sword or crushed his body.

Lastly, while I'm not gonna fully judge until I play the snake route, assassin's "I wAnT To TesT yoUr ResOLvE" felt so stupid...
    Only on Snake route for Arjuna’s final interlude. And I don’t really mind because explicitly Swordsman were superhuman back then so Iori’s not supposed to be just some guy anyway. Nasu even brought up in an interview that the reason Iori and Saver can just walk all across Edo like it’s no big deal is because people back then has strong legs.

And yeah Asassin’s stuff gets a bit better in NG+ but it’s not completely set up well enough, the idea is good but a bit lacking in foreshadowing.

US Friend Code
    Assassin and Dorothea get new context and expansion with digressions in NG+ but even then it still feels out of nowhere.

They already convey the difference between servants and an ordinary human through Saber and Iori gameplay. I don't think they really need to be so anal as not to even let them parry in a sword fight in a samurai action game. Just think of it as skill making up the difference or hand wave it.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    People in the past were simply built different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Generic Edo postman>Goredolf's racing car
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Some pantheons are depicted as Tamamo, while others are only potentially Tamamo.