Page 2 of 225 FirstFirst 123471252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Samurai Remnant

US Friend Code
    Oh yeah Redline slipped my mind. It doesn't have one.

But I agree with Pinetree I don't think everyone here will be Japanese. For playstyle variety if nothing else.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    But whomst...
    Place your bets on who it could be

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I don't think the main Servant is even Japanese the esthetic of her clothes and her swords especially the hilt reminds me more of Chinese rather than Japanese

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito
    But whomst...
    I mean, is there literally anything to really go on? Especially since we have a wealth of Servants with anachronistic armour/clothing design and whatnot.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    Honest to god my first reaction before I took a closer look was Berserker Lancelot.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    But whomst...
    They look kinda mecha-ish to me, so a Minamoto

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Honest to god my first reaction before I took a closer look was Berserker Lancelot.
    Would be great. Maybe we'd finally get to see something other than that fucking jet.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I mean, is there literally anything to really go on? Especially since we have a wealth of Servants with anachronistic armour/clothing design and whatnot.
    Purple lightning sword without a tsuka (sorta like muramasas fabricated blades) black armor, samurai helm judging by the shape, masculine voice

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I thought the exact same when I first saw the trailer, I didn't see the rest of him.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Namelesss View Post
    I really dig this new Musashi design and I bet you're able to customize the heck out of her and I expect more Japanese fate servants because why not.
    I'd have thought GudaGuda would have drained most of that well by now. You could do the Sengoku crew so they aren't just Emiya/Rider/medea in a mask, I guess.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    Honestly given that Musashi has a new design it very well could be Lancelot. What if everyone has a new design.

I think we need to wait for official artwork to make sure but she's a (black-haired) Saberface isn't she? I wonder if that points to it potentially being Takeru. Some people think it's Chinese, is there any Chinese figure you could theoretically make into a Saber?
    Also I clapped.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I am thinking of Mo Ye with that black and white swords could be the true Kanshou and Bakuya as the design of the sword is what drew me the most into that speculation

i dont really know myths, all i know about Yamato Takeru is that he crossdressed, cuz SMT4, thinking back on it, thats probably also the reason he`s Naoto`s persona in P4, But even i thought it might be Yamato Takeru
    i imagined the sword to be something like a streamlined 7 branch sword, but i assume im just piling up random stuff, dunno if theres a connection between the 2

His command spell looks a lot like Fujimaru's
    Spoiler:

I wonder if it's just a coincidence or if it means anything (ancestor?)

on the subject of Yamato Takeru, he had Ame no Murakumo right, we still need to fill the line up for that joke that Yamata no Orochi had 8 tails therefore he spawned 8 swords upon death

- - - Updated - - -

theres a lot of wide general V shaped command spells if you look at ALL the designs, Gudao is just the one you are most familiar with... did you know Gudako`s Command spell is slightly different?

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Yeah takeru has one of our lovely many orochi swords. I'm pretty certain the summoned servant by the master is Takeru for many reasons as well, seems like the most compelling choice that fits almost perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    theres a lot of wide general V shaped command spells if you look at ALL the designs, Gudao is just the one you are most familiar with... did you know Gudako`s Command spell is slightly different?
    I have, in fact, seen the other spells! I've lurked for a while (though obviously I've only started using this account recently) and my involved with this fanbase predates FGO.
    The general structure is very similar. The outer seal surrounds the two innermost seals with a spiked 'shield'-stype shape, innermost seal takes the form of a triangle ('blade'), with the middle seal helping to form the shape of 'wings'. They're not exactly the same, but they are more similar than other V-shaped seals in the franchise (for example Hakuno's, which does not have a similar structure and is more complex, or the Yggdmillennias, which have the same structure shared amongst them with variations on the bottom seal for each individual, and also the V is upside-down)
    Ironically the only seal I've seen that resembles this is Remina's from Lost Einherjar, which a very similar shield-like structure surrounding a 'blade', but it's very different in other major ways. Also, Lost Einherjar is too recent for there to be any relation anyway.

point is, V shape with lines in the empty space is like base command spell design Olga, Dan Blackmore, Alice,Julius, Kayneth, Yu-Meiren, Kadok if you turn it upside down, Kairi, Sigma

I don't really think most of them get as close but sure, I'll drop the point.

no need, i guess im just making a point of denying "descendant" theories...