Page 3 of 225 FirstFirst 1234581353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Samurai Remnant

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    if Saber(?) is indeed Yamato Takeru, it's the first time TM showed the Emperor of Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    if Saber(?) is indeed Yamato Takeru, it's the first time TM showed the Emperor of Japan.
    If it is, place your bets on whether it's a full-on genderbend or just a really feminine looking guy because of the crossdressing.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    But whomst...
    Place your bets on who it could be
    Having absolutely no idea on who they could be, I’m going to put out a random guess and say they could possibly be Takeda Shingen, although it’s probably unlikely.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    But he never became emperor.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate. Much like Daybit, I am simply correct, and that is the end of the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosserbam View Post
    I am not a shitposter at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Impressive argument.

Mine, however, is superior: you are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevkraken View Post
    And you want to be taken seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    The planet is on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    GOT DICK? ANY PENIS? COCK DONATIONS?

Quote Originally Posted by MalacodaZero View Post
    Having absolutely no idea on who they could be, I’m going to put out a random guess and say they could possibly be Takeda Shingen, although it’s probably unlikely.
    Takeda already appeared on Gudaguda Zipang, and even if it turns out to be a fake out (the chapter ended on a cliffhanger). Keikenchi has been building up to Takeda Shingen for a while for him to appear first anywhere else that ain't Gudaguda.
    Keikenchi has actually being consistently designing almost every Sengoku and Bakumatsu period servant so a good question for Samurai Remnant is what time period is set on?

assuming MC is Musashi/Iori, it's around 1600AD

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Lu Bu will probably be playable considering Koei probably wouldn't pass the chance to use him. My slightly cynical bet on the Command Seal looking like Guda's is that the design team literally only used GO as a reference to what one looks like

If we assume that is the time period, makes sense, Nasu is the one that wrote the most of the Edo period related characters with stuff like the Ooku event in FGO.
    Alternately, Nasu and Sakurai are the ones that have work the most with the Heian period related characters, so that's also a possibility but I like more the idea of the Tokugawa conducting a secret HGW ritual LOL.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if I'll kill the Backlog Devil and actually try this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

lol I forgot other famous two sword style samurai who lived in same era as Musashi.

it's Yagyuu Juubei, Tajima's son.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Considering that the earliest potential date of the first Fuyuki Grail War is sometime in the 18th century (HF3 and CM3), that’s certainly interesting

lol I forgot other famous two sword style samurai who lived in same era as Musashi.

it's Yagyuu Juubei, Tajima's son.
    oh, right, Musashi did say she fought Russian Yagyuu`s in one of her slides, so maybe its this story!

US Friend Code
    Since the MC recognizes Musashi's style, I've seen a lot of people think he's PHH Musashi or Iori. His swords are also green and red like our Musashi's.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    But whomst...
    Place your bets on who it could be

Is this another guy that has a design based on full samurai armor? If so I think that would awesome. I always liked samurai armor, especially the more out there helmet designs.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I notice something in the trailer when the MC first summon his servant we look at his command seal and when he fights Musashi he appears to already use one command seal prior to the encounter

Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    I notice something in the trailer when the MC first summon his servant we look at his command seal and when he fights Musashi he appears to already use one command seal prior to the encounter
    I wonder if the CS will be a gameplay mechanic here or if it'll remain exclusively a story thing.

Servant Conception Extraordinaire MoonCell's Avatar
    This feels like a very likely place to introduce Yagyuu Jubei, but no idea if he's one of these teased characters. The protagonist's servant truly gives a Yamato Takeru vibe with that haircut, but the sword throws me off. I also understand where ideas they could be Chinese come from, the sword shape and color scheme really seem to recall Kanshou and Bakuya. If I were to hazard a guess, it would be Yuenu, a swordswoman renowed for having defeated a thousand enemies to prove herserlf a capable war advisor for the king. She also practiced a self-created style very rich in taoist philosophy, with a focus on opening and closing, going from yang to yin and vice-versa, which would match her color scheme. As so, she would be a great fit in a story about swordsmanship.
    Last edited by MoonCell; January 1st, 2023 at 03:43 PM.

Never again I'm gonna try to guess the identity of a Servant after Alcides fiasco. Also I don't know enough about history and/or mithology for it.

Btw, it would be funny if this game is out before Extra Record. Well, 100% sure is out before Red Garden.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    They already announced it's coming this year so coming out before Record is pretty likely.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCell View Post
    This feels like a very likely place to introduce Yagyuu Jubei, but no idea if he's one of these teased characters. The protagonist's servant truly gives a Yamato Takeru vibe with that haircut, but the sword throws me off. I also understand where ideas they could be Chinese come from, the sword shape and color scheme really seem to recall Kanshou and Bakuya. If I were to hazard a guess, it would be Yuenu, a swordswoman renowed for having defeated a thousand enemies to prove herserlf a capable war advisor for the king. She also practiced a self-created style very rich in taoist philosophy, with a focus on opening and closing, going from yang to yin and vice-versa, which would match her color scheme. As so, she would be a great fit in a story about swordsmanship.
    We already have a “canon design” for the “original Kanshou and Bakuya” in Huang Feihu’s NP, though I doubt that would actually stop TM from making “another design” if they wanted.