Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [EN] Farewell to Kamakura: Little Big Tengu

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Well Beni is the only focal character in her event and doesn't have to share the spotlight with someone else.

This event has to be split between characterizing Kiichi and Taira...and most of the event being fluff until the end.

The sparrow event also benefitted from having a lot more optional scenes that helped flesh things out. Its actually entirely possible to miss Beni's entire backstory if you don't choose the right dialogue option, which is insane to me.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Good thing that they're replayable.

Blog Entries
    I quite enjoyed the Ushi character stuff in this event. But that's mostly because it's additional to all the other little bits we've gotten scattered through the last five and a half years.

Kiichi didn't get nearly enough focus here considering she doesn't seem to appear much after this.

I remember being kind of whatever about Kagekiyo since I initially thought she was just someone else literally wearing Ushi's skin, but she's more like a split personality than anything. As the culmination of the stuff they were building with Ushi since Onigashima, it honestly could have been much worse and it still highlights the tragedy of her entire character that's only been subtext until now.

Not bad for one of the launch Silver rarity units.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    The event was more about Ushi than anyone else. Bit disappointing that there's no solid confirmation that she actually died after Kagekiyo encountered her as that would show she definitely won't be Genghis Khan. Though I suppose Kiichii did mention how Ushi died alone, and they did list Ushi's other names, although if most people didn't know she became Genghis Khan, then it's reasonable to assume that she wouldn't know such a thing either.

Besides her, Jason got better character development than the two new servants.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStein View Post
    Kiichi didn't get nearly enough focus here considering she doesn't seem to appear much after this.
    If there is a sequel to Agartha, it seems likely it'll involve Sanat Kumara, who is tied to Kiichii, so we will probably get more then.
    Last edited by Arete; January 28th, 2023 at 10:27 PM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuzu View Post
    I remember being kind of whatever about Kagekiyo since I initially thought she was just someone else literally wearing Ushi's skin, but she's more like a split personality than anything. As the culmination of the stuff they were building with Ushi since Onigashima, it honestly could have been much worse and it still highlights the tragedy of her entire character that's only been subtext until now.

Not bad for one of the launch Silver rarity units.
    I can honestly say that I don't even think it's a split personality. Too many of Kagekiyo's lines, My Room and Bond Lines all but imply that there isn't even a split personality deal but more it's a coping mechanism.
    She literally became Kagekiyo not because Yoshitsune qualified for it(in fact, the event explicitly shows she DIDN'T by simply crying to the end rather than curse her brother) but because Kagekiyo forced itself onto her so she wouldn't ever be alone and suffer the way she did(It does help she DOES have a grudge against her brother but it's more buried deeply). This is apparent in that a number of her lines kinda has her throw around self-contradictions(Her line for her 2nd Ascension has her state she doesn't need to go any further... but then teases you if you actually do so which wouldn't be what Kagekiyo would want but what Ushiwakamaru/Yoshitsune absolutely would) or try her usual Genji schtick only to immediately try and stop Ritsuka from taking off her Mask/Blindfold.

Even her Bond 5 in Ascension 1/2 has her outright state she knows you aren't sending her to fight Genji but makes an excuse that the enemy are Genji due to their "nature" and fights anyway, which really makes no sense and it's obvious it wouldn't work on others(Which is why Penthesilea is nowhere near Achilles).

I think the best way to say is that by becoming Kagekiyo, Yoshitsune is actually disassociating herself from her own issues by basically playing Kagekiyo like she isn't... Yoshitsune. This is why her 3rd Ascension has her basically break down and confront the fact that she is Kagekiyo... but she's also Yoshitsune, who even though she denies it hard still has issues with her brother betraying her who she really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    The event was more about Ushi than anyone else. Bit disappointing that there's no solid confirmation that she actually died after Kagekiyo encountered her as that would show she definitely won't be Genghis Khan. Though I suppose Kiichii did mention how Ushi died alone, and they did list Ushi's other names, although if most people didn't know she became Genghis Khan, then it's reasonable to assume that she wouldn't know such a thing either.

Besides her, Jason got better character development than the two new servants.
    If you want my 2 cents on Kiichi Hogen, I think the Event did her well when you realized she could have solved the entire problem... but didn't because she wanted to make damn sure Ushiwakamaru will not fall to the same miserable death she did while living(This is why she's amazed at Chaldeas support Network, the fact that Ushi isn't as emotionless and bloodthirsty as she was alive and how close she is to the Chaldean Master, things she never was alive).
    It's really more or less her greatest 2nd chance that she never had in life and while the event backloads it, you can see it through her interactions with Ushi in particular and how Summer Ushi sees Training as "Playing Around".
    Last edited by Gehennahem; January 29th, 2023 at 02:17 AM.

Till we learn that she's also Genghis Khan and did get that second chance.

Regardless, the narrative implies that Ushi never really changed even as a servant. It's something that bugs me about the event how they show in the flashbacks how Ushi is fully willing to do whatever Kiichii throws at her and never not once breaks her character, and then at the end of the event runs away when Kiichii suggests doing more training. It doesn't match with what we saw.

US Friend Code
    I attribute that to her guilt of tricking Hougen's daughter and stealing the secret book.

There isn't really much indication of that. Kiichii went hard on the training in the past so there doesn't seem to be any indication that they'd go even harder now. As she said, she tried everything she could to change Ushi's personality and drive her away but ultimately failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    How do you guys have the CQ already open? Don't you need mission 100 to access it? Did you just grind super hard while waiting for the timegates?
    RL took a lot of my day time so at night I used apples and cleared the chart. I did not expect that I'd finish ahead of people.

Is there any dialogue difference for people who’ve cleared 5.5 vs. those who haven’t? I know Final Honnoji did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sssgth View Post
    Is there any dialogue difference for people who’ve cleared 5.5 vs. those who haven’t? I know Final Honnoji did.
    If you've cleared 5.5 you have a brief flashback to Kagekiyo there. At least I presume you only get that if you've cleared 5.5

Did they ever use that cool Neo Chaldea/Wandering Sea field for anywhere else? I remember a few theories when this first came out that suggested we were going to get a big fight there soon, but I can't actually recall it ever appearing again. Feels like a waste if you ask me.

Kiichi has the best laugh. Instantly in love with her voice acting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    There isn't really much indication of that. Kiichii went hard on the training in the past so there doesn't seem to be any indication that they'd go even harder now. As she said, she tried everything she could to change Ushi's personality and drive her away but ultimately failed.

Ushi's behavior implies that she feels guilty for stabbing Kiichi in the back like that, but doesn't want to admit to it (probably because she's not used to expressing emotions in healthy, human way).

It's a little bit forced, but it makes sense that she'd avoid Kiichi a bit, not because the training is hard, but because it upsets her to think about the fact that she feels guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStein View Post
    It's a little bit forced, but it makes sense that she'd avoid Kiichi a bit, not because the training is hard, but because it upsets her to think about the fact that she feels guilty.
    Which doesn't make sense in the context of the rest of the event where she's actively sad about Kiichii ditching her and wanting to become her student again.

US Friend Code
    Ushi seems to only want the identity in this context. She's done the training during her life and see no point to continue it as Servant, who is currently obsessed with heads(in darkly comedic way). Nevertheless, she still cherishes that bond with Hougen, and being disowned by her mentor feels awful since that means Hougen severs their relationship as mentor and pupil, thus not acknowledging Ushi anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    She's done the training during her life and see no point to continue it as Servant
    Hardly, she seems very invested in training, especially in other events and interludes where we see her. If that's the impression that you're reading from her in the event then that's being inconsistent with her character elsewhere. But I feel like she' very much interested in still learning in the event. From what we see in the flashbacks, it doesn't seem like she cares if she's discarded by her master so long as she gets what she wants, which is why she's willing to do something that will upset her master.