• Traum

2 2.86%
  • Nahui Mictlan

23 32.86%
  • Others

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Execution of the Lostbelts (Possible JP Spoilers)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code

Favorite Lostbelt or Main Chapter in Part 2 (Possible JP Spoilers)

Now that all seven Lostbelts have been released, let's take a trip down the memory lane. This poll is to determine which Lostbelt, or the main story in CitL you like the most. You can tell the reasoning behind your pick, such as the settings, backstories, characters, and which points you wish could be improved. I'll also add Heian-Kyo and Traum in the options, and LB5 will be split into Atlantis and Olympus. If your favorite isn't among the options, you can say it in the comment.

Mine would be Atlantis, because how well-crafted the storyline is. You can feel what's at stake and how persistent the enemies are to safeguard their worlds, how deadly and effective Odysseus is that he evaded the pitfalls that often makes an antagonist incompetent. From the heroes' side, the dynamic between characters feels genuine and play off to each other personalities. The way Jason truly showed his wits and strategize against the likes of Odysseus. How Paris and Achilles had to begrudgingly work together due to their myth. How Mandricardo pulled through with the group despite his insecurities among the more famous heroes. Each of them play their role effectively. This is also where my favorite big guy debuted; Superhuman Orion, or as I'd like to call him, True Orion. At first, I didn't think much about the guy, pulled him out purely by luck and like what he brought to my roster. He's my go-to heavy-hitter against single boss enemies except Lancers. After progressing further, I like his personality that makes him the mood maker of Neo Argonauts. He's also not overly flirty like Artemis made him out to be. I came across a small blurb that the reason behind his flirtiness is to constantly attract Artemis' attentions, lest she'd go elsewhere since the Greek gods tend to be fickle, which endears his character to me more.

What I wished done better was at the climax, the sudden manifestation of Hektor who so happened to have Durandal, or Durindana as spear for Mandricardo to wield felt too forced. There should've been hints that justify his appearance, like chain-summoning of sort, which I might missed reading if it's the case. And Odysseus should've gotten his own boss battle, just for the sheer epicness of fighting his Troia Ippos before confronting Poseidon.

Welp, that's all I guess. What about you guys?
    Last edited by OnesFleetingGlory; February 4th, 2023 at 07:40 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Tepeu clears.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    LB6 and 7. Nothing else really comes close in terms of having a vision for the concept of a "failed alternate history". They also had the best characters and conclusions.

漆黒の翼 Jet-Black Wings Nyarly Alter's Avatar
    Lostbelt 5 has the characters and story i enjoyed the most, i still remember the Neo Argonauts and Kirsch fondly. Meanwhile Avalon Le Fae has some of the best music in the game, maybe in the whole franchise. It just fits the fairy tale-like setting perfectly.

US Friend Code
    LB6 is the obvious answer but I also really want to acknowledge LB1. I think it was a great introduction to the concept, had fun characters, and the Dies Irae moment leading into the Ivan boss was incredibly hype. Patxi is still the best designated LB companion and had an absolutely heartwrenching ending, and Salieri playing the piano for the yaga at the end still sticks with me years later. Kadoc and Anastasia are also my favorite Crypter/Servant team (he's not my favorite Crypter overall, but as in they bounce off each other the best).

Also I noticed it's the only LB where the day it split off from history is not in the Age of Gods, just some interesting trivia.

Atlantis also a very close third (LB7 I only have the rayshift TL so you know, not done reading it, can't comment).
    Last edited by Reign; February 4th, 2023 at 10:19 AM.

Servant Conception Extraordinaire MoonCell's Avatar
    Traum. The characters and their interactions are great. It not being an alternate history like the other Cosmos in the Lostbelt chapters gave us lots of new PHH characters, and those are the ones I'm always most interestd in. It also brought up several new clues to the overarching story, so that's a plus. I understand why LB6 is considered by many the best, but it's such a departure from the idea of exploring the different legends and mythologies of our world that brought me into Fate that I just can't like it. As a standalone fantasy story it's phenomenal, but as a FGO chapter it's not my cup of tea.
    Last edited by MoonCell; February 4th, 2023 at 10:25 AM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I really like all of them (those I've read at least. I've yet to personally read Traum and Nahui Mictlan isn't fully translated yet) but nothing else in FGO touched me as much as Avalon le Fae. I've been a Saber fanboy ever since I got into Fate so this chapter was obviously always going to be among my favorites, but I never expected it to blow my mind so much. The OST and atmosphere, the setting, the themes, the feelings, everything is just so consistently good. Many of my favorite characters are from this chapter and I rolled for every single LB6 servant (and spent grails on nearly all of them).

Before LB6 tho the peak was definitely Olympus for me. While I'm not the biggest fan of the space mecha concept and the chapter definitely has its downsides everything from the Zeus fight going forward was kino, especially the climax with Wodime, his backstory, all these great scenes with him and Caenis. I remember getting blown away by all the plot twists too, and its ending hyped me a lot more for LB6 and LB7. Probably the only Lostbelt I'd compare to Avalon le Fae if we're only talking about their greatest highs.

Third place goes to either Anastasia (I agree with everything Reign said) or Yuga Kshetra (Karna & Jinako are my favorite master/servant pair and CCC is one of my favorite Fate entries so this should be pretty self-explanatory).
    Last edited by Kubera; February 4th, 2023 at 03:29 PM.

US Friend Code
    Hmm... it seems the majority voted for LB6 atm. And also it seems you guys have more than one picks, so I'm glad that I enabled multiple options. Since I'm only playing in NA, I can't tell enough with the JP Chapters to take into accounts currently, but from the translations and streamings, I can tell how well-executed LB6 was, how the backstory of the Lostworld is well-built and so complete, how it adds the plot points in the overall story, and each of the characters' personal struggles resonate with the players. All I lacked to pick it now is personally experiencing it. I'll vote for it too and give my thoughts once it's released.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    LB6 and LB7 really make the other lostbelts look small and dead in comparison

Well they were dead worlds.

I do enjoy all the Lostbelts, but basically everything Nasu did clears. 5 onwards has never missed a beat imo, even Olympus is great. Anastasia is also stellar, especially as an introduction. I like Yuga Kshetra but it has similar issues to LB2 and LB3, it's mainly for the climax that I give it an honorable mentioned.

All that said, LB7 is too damn cinematic to not be my favorite right now. And some of the most ridiculous concepts ever are just written really well.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I loved Lostbelt 7. Not even for the ORT stuff we got. Sure that was cool and all but legit 7 has some awesome moments and lore. Let me list a few:

Tohno and Arc Dino.
    3 well-written to decent love stories.
    Olga Marie being Olga Marie.
    Xoqqer
    Camazotz being a dark souls main
    Tezcatlipoca
    Kukukhan
    Ritsuka being the most based protag and mana transferring the spider
    Daybit
    New Throne Lore
    Kirei Kotomine

As a note I haven't finished everything as I'm waiting on neo translations but the discord I'm in has someone that's translating it and sharing with the group. what I've read... is very, very interesting.
    Also about Tez's design... love it. Every form of it. People wish he had more work done I just think he is cool as is. Just me though.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

JP Friend Code
    Honestly while my favourite is LB6 because of its world and characters, I have got to give credit to LB3 and seeing it within no votes make me sad.

It has its flaws and has the worst Crypter Servant use story wise (don't lie to yourself Lanling was used poorly in this story).

But it was also the first LB where humanity wasn't on the verge of extinction and it showed that Lostbelts weren't just bad end for humanity : good endings that cause stagnation are also considered to be Lostbelts.

This in turn makes the decision to cull it even harder : yeah the reason why this world is at peace can be considered wrong but world peace has been achieved so essentially you are the reason why peace has been disturbed.
    F/GO : Lunartic/721,560,670

Mordred is finally home.

Blessed is my luck.

I am at peace.

US Friend Code
    Well, I can only assume that while SIN might have decent premise and setting, no one feels very strongly about it. The high points aren't that high so to speak, making the Lostbelt okay-ish.

While I could do the most obvious thing and vote for LB6 and LB7, I think I'd rather give my vote to Atlantis. It had a great cast (probably second only to LB6), high stakes and relevance for the overarching plot. LB1 was great as an introduction chapter for the Lostbelt arc. LB2 was kind of boring and Oooooophelia just wasn't a very fun character. LB3 was... It was. LB4 was decent but I'm still kind of upset that Rama got sidelined in favor of the good ol' Karna vs Arjuna match up. Olympus was just a step down compared to Atlantis even if it was more relevant for the overall story of the Lostbelts. Heian-Kyo was okay-ish but I just wasn't very invested. Traum was great. But if I were to pick between LB6 and LB7, even if it's probably just the recency bias, I'd pick LB7 as my most favorite chapter in CitL. Overall ranking looks something like this:
    LB7>LB6>Atlantis>Traum>LB1>Olympus>LB4>Heian-Kyo>LB3>LB2>Chunguska.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Well, I can only assume that while SIN might have decent premise and setting, no one feels very strongly about it. The high points aren't that high so to speak, making the Lostbelt okay-ish.
    To be fair, for the purposes of this thread (that being execution), the premise and setting arguably don't mean anything, or rather, having a decent setting and premise but no one voted for it kinda speaks for itself in that it obviously had lacking execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    SIN had some good moments. It also had a dumb story with the stupidest thematic climax I've ever encountered.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Blog Entries
    6 and 7 are top notch, though my fav. will be 7. Nothing beats defeating the undefeatable

US Friend Code
    In term of epicness, yes. Though I suspect not many NA players can vote on 6 onward yet. I expect more votes on Avalon le Fae once it's released, partially or entirely.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Imma be a basic bitch and say LB6, with LB7 being second.
    LB6 is almost entirely disconnected from the main plot but that ends up giving Nasu freedom to craft one of, if not the most interconnected story he's ever written. It's big, with lots of moving pieces, many characters, locations and events to keep track of and it all unravels in a very organic manner. It manages to hold up and keep it together under its weight, despite its big scope. And it doesn't slack on the emotional side either.
    burn your dread you coward