Thread: The Holy Schlock War Thread

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, she’s chilling with Yamato Takeru, Random edition

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    Yeah, she’s chilling with Yamato Takeru, Random edition
    OH FUCK. She is going to drive everyone nuts. Err...oops.

...Desu!

Servant Sheet Compilation
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Does Unas have a retreat option should things go south for him? Is he even sane enough to consider retreating when he finds himself outmatched by the four? I'm leaning to "no" on both counts, but idk if Morg has anything to say about it.

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    Ombure as Unas runs out screaming about eating gods: Ah man why can't you be as based as this guy Ngurangurane? You're half-crocodile but you never want to eat anyone, I just want to find some way to relate to my son :'(
    Ngurangurane preparing to shoot Unas in the head with Akurengan while Bayadjidda uses Sarki's poison to paralyze him and cut off Unas' mobility, killing him instantly: Fuck off

Yeah I really can't imagine Unas surviving his initial engagement within the presented scenario, and even if he does get the advantage he can't capitalize it since Italy and CA can disengage way, way better. Even assuming he gets a kill, a power boost, and survives, he's a ticking time bomb whose going to get the Rulers on his ass moreso than anyone else in the war.

Also from what I read Sarki's liquid manip does almost the same thing as Unas's blood drain regarding open wounds, so assuming Bayajidda realizes what happens he could very well shut down Shezmu's Knife's ability to boost itself by cutting off the blood draw. If Unas doesn't get lucky with how much power he sucks up with his first use and reveals the NP's ability, he very well could get screwed over entirely and loose his only advantage, his power stockpiling.

Blog Entries
    Yeah. Unas is the Pokémon move rollout or the monsters in Primal, that game no one remembers. When he gets rolling, he's hard to stop. I mentioned all that stuff, but I also basically spelled out the fact that his most probable outcome arrives from getting hits in. Once he gets one or two, his shifting sword can compensate for his Agility. However, he first has to get that hit. In a story, him getting killed off early would be horribly unsatisfying, but it doesn't mean it wouldn't make sense.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Though you didn't answer about Sharki Liquid Manipulation, being able to effectively makes Unas NP useless by blocking away the blood from being absorbed by it. What do you think about that statement

Blog Entries
    On that, we need to discuss Authority. Not Authority in the Nasuverse sense, but more specifically "power authority".
    Example: two people have different powers. One turns all apples within 5ft into oranges while the other turns all oranges into apple within the same range. If both are in the range of an apple, what happens? If both are in the same range of an orange, what happens? Does the person who's closest first have the authority? Not necessarily. What about the second to reach range? No to that either. I'm this kind of conflict, only the one with greater "authority" will take effect.
    One could argue that Sarki's authority over all liquid should win, but another would say one specialized in manipulating only blood would override it. Another could compare ranks, where Unas's is higher. One could even say that, since blood also had iron, Sarkisian can manipulate the water portion while Unas only had the iron.
    It's a tough question, but I'm obviously biased.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Yeah. Unas is the Pokémon move rollout or the monsters in Primal, that game no one remembers. When he gets rolling, he's hard to stop. I mentioned all that stuff, but I also basically spelled out the fact that his most probable outcome arrives from getting hits in. Once he gets one or two, his shifting sword can compensate for his Agility. However, he first has to get that hit. In a story, him getting killed off early would be horribly unsatisfying, but it doesn't mean it wouldn't make sense.
    Easily- he's an absolute menace if he can get rolling, but against the 4 there, I really don't think he's gonna get rolling. His ideal scenario is a 3rd party scenario, but because of his madness and hunger, he's instigating. I really don't see it, mostly due to Saber being able to just kinda outdo his base form at every turn.

Blog Entries
    Curse you, arbitrary positioning!
    But yeah. I can be honest with myself and say his victory is still unlikely.
    Also, Vidi, you need to put it in the war list.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; May 25th, 2023 at 11:46 PM.
    Fate/Without Justice

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thank you, added alongside Spelror's comp

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    yay

Blog Entries
    So... any other write-ups incoming, or are we moving to voting soon?

So far Japan is the top contender here, with Greece as a close second (though I still don't know just how far Greece's conceptual fuckery can go, I think this would help me determine if the whole acceleration/distance combo thingy would be enough to take down Takeru). Scandinavia is sitting on third place for me, mainly thanks to Laev's sheer power, but I don't think they could survive against Takeru's skills and experience.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, was busy this morning with D&D prep, at the gym now- I’m planning on finishing a write up of how I see things going. As far as the 1v1 Takeru vs Laevatinn, I actually (and I fully admit bias as their creator, I will be frank) favor the archer due to compatibility issues in fighting style, and specific defensive counters unique to this matchup.

Definitely agree those teams are the top 3 though, with Africa as a surprisingly close 4th IMO

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post

So far Japan is the top contender here, with Greece as a close second (though I still don't know just how far Greece's conceptual fuckery can go, I think this would help me determine if the whole acceleration/distance combo thingy would be enough to take down Takeru). Scandinavia is sitting on third place for me, mainly thanks to Laev's sheer power, but I don't think they could survive against Takeru's skills and experience.
    Bruh. What is it with my Servants consistently being top-tier in these? First Dorothy and now even Akechi. She was written as a JOKE character!

Servant Sheet Compilation
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

Blog Entries
    Akechi is just a fairly straightforward damage dealer in this war, imo. Decently powerful and good to have around, but she doesn't have much in the way of gimmicky abilities or unique conceptual advantages to really stand out without Takeru. She could still provide some good supporting fire for Takeru, but If he's down, team Japan would probably lose like... at least 60-70% of their power.

Blog Entries
    It helps that he's motivated to defend the bingus. Otherwise he'd probably try to go it alone ,and proceed to get ganked the moment he needs actual support.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post

I've been meaning to give my own thoughts on it but I've been all over the place with other projects and my energy levels so I haven't had the chance to. I'm hoping to do something within the week but weeelll...
    I'm not too hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by Anju Addams View Post
    Bruh. What is it with my Servants consistently being top-tier in these? First Dorothy and now even Akechi. She was written as a JOKE character!
    Meanwhile with these wars it's really hammering into me that most of my Servants aren't really heavy hitters. Or at least the ones that have been rolled so fae.
    Not that I mind. I just find the observation amusing.
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

Blog Entries
    Servants can be situational in their powers. A lot of powerful people would be low-tier in any given war depending on specialization. Unas was screwed over here by positioning and his own rage, but a different Berserker in the same position would probably have a better time because of how he's built. Akechi just happened to pair well with a more powerful person and Dorothy had both environmental and mental advantage in the Anti-war.

As for Draco, it's clear from your comp that you focus more on whether a person intrigues you when making a Servant, which doesn't necessarily mean powerful. I mean, you literally made the man who created kindergarten into a Servant. That's doesn't scream "could take on an ancient hero", but it is a good representation of him. I get it though. I don't think Church, Hansi, or Geraint are winning any wars, but I certainly liked them more than enough to make Servants.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    Yeah. No one really cares about the power level of a servant imo.

Also, in the hypothetical Fei vs Takeru matchup, I feel like Fei may have a chance if he hits hard fast. Since they're roughly equal, it's just that Fei doesn't have a divine sword.
    Last edited by Dreamerless; May 30th, 2023 at 11:32 AM.
    My compendium is here: https://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/blog.php/14424

My fanfiction Fate/Roundabout is here: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...ate-Roundabout

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    Sorry, was busy this morning with D&D prep, at the gym now- I’m planning on finishing a write up of how I see things going. As far as the 1v1 Takeru vs Laevatinn, I actually (and I fully admit bias as their creator, I will be frank) favor the archer due to compatibility issues in fighting style, and specific defensive counters unique to this matchup.

Definitely agree those teams are the top 3 though, with Africa as a surprisingly close 4th IMO
    So irl has me a little busy, but like Draco, I hope to have my summary ready for the weekend. Does the Vote starting Saturday sound alright?

Regardless of that, I DID finish my matchup scenario.

Yamato Takeru vs Laevateinn

Alright, so, In this discussion, I’m assuming it’s a 1v1, no real outside interference due to (assumedly) some signal into the sky saying big dick is back in town or something. Maybe it’s a love (rather, battlelust) at first sight type scenario, sort of what Random had with Yamato’s reactions. It’s that electric feeling that you get when you meet someone, and know that one of you is going to die, yet you’re going to finally fucking live for the first time in your life. It’s the feeling that people who fight for a living can only ever smell a whiff of in their fiercest moments, it’s the full taste of ozone that you can only get by biting away a chunk of a storm.

I’m going into this because I find mentality behind both parties incredibly important in a fight. I’m actually writing this before I do my war analysis, so this may not even matter, but, I wanna at least do it somewhat right in that regard. With Laevateinn, in their personality section, it’s kind of poorly written, but I think the sentiment of acceptance towards an unfortunate fate is at least something that can be seen as a core concept with them. The fact that they’re an object meant for the death of a realm- it’s something they’ve made peace with, but this- THIS? This is an opportunity to be that object of destruction, against a world, or rather, a single man, who has the ability to not only resist, but push back. It’s a single, finite opportunity this version of themself will never have again, per the rules of manifestation. So they’re going to approach this fight with the same sort of enthusiasm Takeru does- not the exact same emotion behind that, but that feeling, the sensation, the sentiment, the bite of ozone.

I’m thinking the fight begins over Yellowstone Lake. Right above the water’s surface, Takeru walking on air, winds whipping at his feet, Laevateinn held aloft by the afterburner flames coming from where their feet would be. Steam has already begun to envelop the the area, whipped up in a spinning gale, enshrouding their arena.

First, let’s talk Parameters, and skills associated with them.

In terms of Strength, I’m putting them both as even. They’re both sporting A+ ranks in it naturally, and the skills that would boost it, Madness Enhancement from Yamato Takeru A+, is matched by Scathe of Branches A+, thus I equate the boosts evenly. While Saber also has Valorous Incarnation A++ aiding him with a Mana Burst (wind) at the same level, Archer’s Offense Against Wind B+ specifically nullifies wind-based abilities, so we’re back to the previous step. Thus, we’re looking at equal.

With Endurance, we’re looking at B’s on both ends. Saber has A+ Battle Continuation from YT A+, and Laevateinn once again has Scathe of branches at the same rank. Again, I see them both as equal in the department.

Agility, however, is thankfully not another stalemate. While they both have mana bursts to boost agility, Saber sits at A, and Archer at C, putting it firmly in Saber’s favor.

Mana goes to Archer however, with a rank of A vs a rank of B- on Saber.

Back in Saber’s favor however, the B in luck very much surpasses Archer’s D. Neither seem to have skills or abilities dependent on luck or with activation requirements, so it’s not as huge an issue as their other non-matching stats.

Moving on to skills, I first want to talk Saber’s Tsukuba-do at rank B- in addition to spirit Fire, it also functions as an Omni-boost, seemingly based on his own confidence, throughout bringing forth what lies within. This would normally be a massively beneficial boon in terms of combat, one that would trivialize the matchup due to how it separates their stats. However, I want to look at the wording here.

“However, as well as the use of flames, Takeru is also able to enhance his other abilities with it through externalising that which is within him. It is related to not only Houjutsu as its ancestor, but also to the phenomenon of Marble Phantasm that similarly brings the inner image into reality, so it can be said to be related to the Reality Marbles of modern Magecraft.”

And If we look to the material on Reality Marbles-

“…Innate Bounded Field) is one that centres around the materialization and projection of one's inner world onto reality following the Thaumaturgical Theory World Egg (世界卵, Sekai Tamago?).[1]
    Originally, it was an ability specifically had by Daemons as their Alien Common Sense (異界常識, Ikai Jōshiki?), but has since come to include the unique Bounded Fields possessed by many people.”

Basically, he’s projecting a bounded field around his body in order to achieve the buff. This is very important, as when we look at Laevateinn’s Offense against Wind skill, it reads:

“Laevateinn's attacks possess a property that allows them to physically crush any barrier within a few attacks, no matter how "impenetrable" they may be, in a similar matter to divinity's anti-purge defense attribute.”

I firmly believe this qualifies Laevateinn to dominate the bounded field that strengthens Takeru’s body, and therefore nullify the buff. So, I don’t think he’s getting much use of it. Plus, in addition to any other offensive casting he may do, Archer is working with B+ magic resistance, on top of all the Scathe of Branches defenses.

Next, I want to Cover Unconfirmed Armament C, and Laevateinn’s physiology. Due to the nature of the skill, I feel safe in saying that they have the absolute advantage in terms of equipment. The ability to produce things out of ANY point in their body is extremely versatile, and at speeds that allow them to utilize the weapons as projectiles. That being said, Yamato’s got Instinct at a high level, so Laev would have to SERIOUSLY cut off angles to get him. However, in a clash, the ability to pull a Raditz is a fairly viable option. Additionally, their arms are disconnected for the purpose of producing more of them, so they’re likely entering the fight with at least 6 extra limbs at their disposal.

Finally, I want to go over the styles of combat. With what I can glean from Saber, he’s a heavily martial-focused combatant, with casting to use in tandem. Traditional sword forms mixed with incredible violence, using the winds to tear you asunder if somehow he doesn’t get to you first. His goals are to rend and consume opponents by attacking with peerless precision and raw ferocity. He’s a sort of classical fate saber of the non-beam archetype in that way.

Laevateinn in comparison, will start out engagements with the classical, “blot out the sun with projectiles approach”, but if that doesn’t work, they’ll engage through a flurry of weapons in close quarters, using floating limbs to form a blender of sorts and pressure from all sides, while they provide the raw power themself. Their aim is to pressure their foe into being locked down, getting a weapon in them, and then using it to destroy them with their main body, while exploding the weapon to cause massive damage. A favorite move of theirs is allowing a foe to put their weapon into their body of molten slag, and simply melt it to destroy it.

In addition, the mentality I mentioned at the beginning, that means they’re going the additional step- raw heat is going way up. Their goal is to become superheated and physically melt their foe alive, as if putting them into a furnace. No magic, no spell work, just raw heat, have them boil and pop, heat igniting mana.

All of this is while sealed- if unsealed at this point, it’s just a flat boost honestly.

I see the initial bout opening with a projectile barrage from Archer, Saber dodging and deflecting them right above the water, as his wind slash to blow them aside while they’re still in the sky outright fails. Still, he deftly goes past a new volley, though extra arms begin to coral him through shooting from different angle. The opening cut against Archer is parried by a glaive, new weapons forming, launching, spinning and dancing to parry his subsequent opening assault. His cutting winds that normally shred his opponents simply aren’t working against the spawn of flame, and while they seem to just be barely keeping up, the winds propelling his movement grow weaker. The steam around them grows thicker as the water drops, and they fight together through the mist. The heat from Laevateinn is choking, and while he would normally disengage, gain distance and a momentary respite, he’s being targeted from all sides, without his anti-army winds to aid him. Even when attempting a true-name release, Laevateinn possesses an exceedingly similar collection of malignant authorities, and in addition to absolutely crushing his wind, they should be able to fucking stuff it. To me, it’s only a matter of time before he either:

-Succumbs to the heat
    -Is skewered from an odd angle and shredded
    -Raditz pierce
    -Actually gets Laev, who’s body is able to hold the blade without dying due to their constitution, Scathe of Branches, and matching consumptive authorities, who then holds it their and impales them before destroying them.

Even when we factor in the VERY notable skills of Instinct and Battle Continuation, I think the ungodly pressure Laev can provide is enough to constantly keep Instinct in action, and wear him down. With battle continuation, that’s some EXTREMELY high-tier regeneration or at least ability to keep going, which certainly keeps him in the game, but going off of mythological examples in fate, I would like to invoke the cauterizing power of flame- we share a world where Heracles burnt the stumps of the Hydra to keep it from growing back. There is nothing more destructive than flame in terms of short-term annihilation.

TLDR: Because Laevateinn is a defensive powerhouse, and has a skill that SPECIFICALLY stuffs the source of Takeru’s greatest source of damage, I see them walking away, certainly damaged, but in a glass crater where a lake once stood, the golden fragments of a fallen Saber floating away behind them. It’s a triumph of a lesser combatant overcoming the greater one, through having the specific tools for the job.