Page 11 of 124 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162161111 ... LastLast

Thread: The Holy Schlock War Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Journey is more important than destination, etc etc.
    Also, was that a Brandon Sanderson reference?

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Unless you wanna actually take her NP into account and say the war is going to happen amid the biblical apocalypse lol
    I stand by my suggestion of Tamamo Christ backdooring access to it with her syncretism and then pulling the trigger on Menrva's NP that destroys humanity accidently without knowing what it does for comedy purposes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FarewellToMrA View Post
    I stand by my suggestion of Tamamo Christ backdooring access to it with her syncretism and then pulling the trigger on Menrva's NP that destroys humanity accidently without knowing what it does for comedy purposes
    I don't think we should end the HGW with an accidental apocalypse.

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    God isn't that beautiful.

Also look, I have no basis for these affirmations but my own heart but I just know Juana will feel inclined drop hints that people should just rally against Daniel to everyone she meets because Sappho won't rest until she sees the only man of this line up GONE and Juana wants that woman QUIET. He's destroying the vibes.
    Daniel: *Unhinged Avenger rambling*
    Sappho: wow what a homophobe lol
    Juana: please stfu

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We have two definite ending flags here. Either a hard time limit of a few days before Menrva activates Chakravartin, or Tamamo getting pissed enough to activate the Second Coming. The latter is far less urgent since outside of comedic scenarios, it probably wouldn't be too hard to keep Tammy distracted with her husband search. Bonus points if her Master just gives off that husbando vibe and the pair basically dips to enjoy their own slice-of-life series.

Menrva is considerably more troublesome. Even without Chakravartin, she still packs quite a punch, though she's far from invincible. So long as Steibelt, Juana, Zell, or Jaguar could deal with her somehow before then, all should be fine.

I still stand by my previous assessment of Arbre where ignoring her or targeting her Master is the best move, cuz' ain't no one here is winning an offensive battle against her. She's just too much of a defensive tank to receive any significant lasting damage.

Edit:
    In a scenario where our two doomsday devices are down... that opens a bunch of new possibilities. Steibelt would still prioritize Juana first, probably followed by Zell. Even if he manages to beat both of them (which doesn't sound so impossible), I'm not sure how he'll fare against Jaguar. Anti-Summer vs. Anti-Musician. Neither holds any conceptual advantage against the other, and it's true that Jaguar loses most of her bonuses outside summer, but going by brute force (as well as Mystery), Jaguar would probably take this one.
    Last edited by BnEl15; February 14th, 2023 at 12:15 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    How long does this discussion take place

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    How long does this discussion take place
    Bro posted this lineup yesterday. Give people at least until tomorrow.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I see, it was just a question since I wasn't here for the first one just wanted to know if there is a time limit to put my thoughts into the war, and here are the comments. Especially about the mystery angle with it since out of cast Menrva hold the most mystery and could actually scale to the Feats that the Greek Gods do maybe not directly towards the big boss like Zeus but decently to say Artemis whose power can two-shot Heracles with massive buffs from Caster servants

Blog Entries
    Well, I hope that whoever wins this round doesn't completely break the next War with their new clause. I think it would be cool if it was something like in Lost Einherjar with a duos HGW.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    so then... winner.... ngl? I think no matter what it depends on the series of events leading to a climax because someone can hard counter someone else. Jaguar Man counters Arbra, Daniel counters Juan, Juan counters Menvra, Menvra counters Kalle, Kalle counters Juan, and Arbra can outlast everyone but Jaguar Man.

Actually? I think Tamamo might win simply because she has some way to just counter everyone else.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    We have 21 people in the lineup, so after this war, unless the CC changes the size, I'm just gonna do the last 7 of us
    Vididii, this is probably something stupid I thought of, but what if one of us, trying to get a particular servant of ours into the war, temporarily deletes most of our compendium? Probably an idiotic thought, but a question. (Totally didn't come up with it in hope of getting Dietrich into the next war)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Magnus View Post
    so then... winner.... ngl? I think no matter what it depends on the series of events leading to a climax because someone can hard counter someone else. Jaguar Man counters Arbra, Daniel counters Juan, Juan counters Menvra, Menvra counters Kalle, Kalle counters Juan, and Arbra can outlast everyone but Jaguar Man.

Actually? I think Tamamo might win simply because she has some way to just counter everyone else.

Btw, another suggestion is that in the front page, we have links to divide up the previous wars like

War 1: Special clause whatever. Winner:

War 2: same

Would be fun to let people go back to old wars more easily.

Um, vidiii, what do you think?
    Last edited by Dreamerless; February 14th, 2023 at 01:29 PM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamerless View Post
    Vididii, this is probably something stupid I thought of, but what if one of us, trying to get a particular servant of ours into the war, temporarily deletes most of our compendium? Probably an idiotic thought, but a question. (Totally didn't come up with it in hope of getting Dietrich into the next war)
    I would call you a dipshit for trying to game the system like that, and ignore your comp for that round entirely

Blog Entries
    I would call you a dipshit for trying to game the system like that, and ignore your comp for that round entirely
    Not going to do it, but glad we got that loophole out of the way. Wait, did I unintentionally make myself look like a dipshit for coming up with that exploit?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Suggestion, should we- and by we I mean Vidi- put all the available lineups in the op and update them accordingly with each war? In case someone opts in/out and Vidi misses the message somehow.
    Good Idea! I'll get on that now since I'm on break

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamerless View Post
    Not going to do it, but glad we got that loophole out of the way. Wait, did I unintentionally make myself look like a dipshit for coming up with that exploit?
    A bit more than that

Blog Entries
    Good Idea! I'll get on that now since I'm on break

- - - Updated - - -

A bit more than that
    Damn it. I am losing social credit points by the second.

Back to the war! Who would you say won? (I mean in writing sequences of events)
    Last edited by Dreamerless; February 14th, 2023 at 01:46 PM.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welp, sure enough, thought I opted in my comp already, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Oh well, next war it is.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    My bad, didn't add it to my internal list yet- it's there now!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    As for Arbre, she is a defensive behemoth who requires setup time to become actually useful. If she establishes her territory with all it's defenses, which I remind takes 4 days to do so, basically everyone loses. Before that though, Minerva, Zell, Jaguar, or Steibelt could take her down. That's more a commentary on how ridiculously wanked Koga makes his Servants.
    Well my personal oppinion is power is important and its more easier then as the power full servantsi n canon are for me the more memorable and intersting ones as they should give me the feeligns of "Legends Manifested " though i must admit that Abre is more defensive then offensive and about her against Jaguar i could somehow rather think that they might ally together as my Abre is quite approachable and sympathic aswell would their Noblephantasm be rather compatibble when used inside a Forest could they create a Fortress and they could use this to lure the other servants to them to then defeat them. but until then its really difficuolt for Abre as she has rathe limited offensive abbillities .

an Question to Dragoscribe would Jaguar be inclined to ally with Abre ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    How many people r on the internal list?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    just a Question out of curiousity are Servants without faceclaim disqualified ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...