Page 6 of 124 FirstFirst ... 45678111656106 ... LastLast

Thread: The Holy Schlock War Thread

Blog Entries
    I would love it if Rider won since everyone kills everyone else and then he just one v ones the last guy

Blog Entries
    How long does each Discussion phase last before we choose someone to set the condition for the next roll, btw?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    How long does each Discussion phase last before we choose someone to set the condition for the next roll, btw?
    Until there's about 12-14 hours with no activity. Was mad busy yesterday, so I just kinda passed out last time.

If people want to pass along who they think gets the discussion crown and CC, we're good to close it out

Blog Entries
    frigix
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    a lot of good points around. I think I'm gonna vote for the crown to go to Des. He seems to have a good bead on everyone's servants.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries
    Not a lot of votes so far, maybe better ditch the voting phase from the game's ruleset? Anyway, I'll go with Des as a tiebreaker - btw, Ioved the vn screen, thanks

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Probably a good idea lmao, too structured, we'll just choose from whoever pipes up about having a condition next time. I'll contact Des for his CC

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Sorry for the delay, I was busy yesterday. Richthofen for the win. He seems like the kind of servant who would be able to win against the odds.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I agree, love the homie Rickie, always adore Riders.

Blog Entries
    I would go for Archer though if I could vote for a second servant it would defenitly be Rider
    Wanna see some historical figures turned into cute anime girls? I got you

His Servant's Compendium
    Frigix's Fridge

Blog Entries
    wait, who do we vote? the winning servant or the one with the most interesting interpretation of how the war will take place?
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    wait, who do we vote? the winning servant or the one with the most interesting interpretation of how the war will take place?
    I believe the latter in this phase, but it doesn't seem like most people got that. Another factor in favour of abolishing this voting phase, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    At the end of each Discussion Phase, a “winner” will be chosen via public opinion in the thread (dunno about voting, I almost feel as if that’s too structured- we’ll play it by ear for now) based on who put forth the most entertaining scenario.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To be fair this whole thread was experimental. I think the beginning phases are down and its the end phases that need ironing out. That said... as much as I like the idea of narrative winning out I think it only makes sense that the grail war winner is the 'winner'.

That said I'd say people voting for narrative should be encouraged.

That said I agree in that Rider is probably going to win. Quite literally no one has a counter to his stuff except maybe my Robin Hood but my Robin Hood is definitely getting undercut by Hearst... ergo, naturally, Rider wins.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Magnus View Post
    To be fair this whole thread was experimental. I think the beginning phases are down and its the end phases that need ironing out. That said... as much as I like the idea of narrative winning out I think it only makes sense that the grail war winner is the 'winner'
    I'm fine with this, thoughts?

I can't believe it's not Rider! DesReploid's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think it makes sense.
    I'd also concur with Magnus that it's more fun to vote based off of narrative. If we didn't we could pretty much just boil everything down to taking two glances at the letters in a Servants stats and their NPs and crown a winner from there. Doesn't seem as fun.

I have a small suggestion, though, a brain fart that came to me a little bit ago. Would it be sensible to ask everyone whose Servant got picked to write out a little bit about how they believe their own Servant would act? Just a quick post detailing general actions or opinions on the competiton that can be as detailed as they want. I feel like this just might help actually spin a cohesive narrative, no?
    《 ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

My Servant Compendium

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DesReploid View Post
    I have a small suggestion, though, a brain fart that came to me a little bit ago. Would it be sensible to ask everyone whose Servant got picked to write out a little bit about how they believe their own Servant would act? Just a quick post detailing general actions or opinions on the competiton that can be as detailed as they want. I feel like this just might help actually spin a cohesive narrative, no?
    Something like that would also naturally tend to turn into a narrative itself, though, wouldn't it?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think it makes sense.
    I'd also concur with Magnus that it's more fun to vote based off of narrative. If we didn't we could pretty much just boil everything down to taking two glances at the letters in a Servants stats and their NPs and crown a winner from there. Doesn't seem as fun.

well akes sense i would agree with that honestly in to evaluate how their servants far in that situation though how if we also vote the next time for a location were the Grailwar is held ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Something like that would also naturally tend to turn into a narrative itself, though, wouldn't it?
    I think we could find a compromise- what about (y'know, if they want) if they just post a little thing on their servant's standard grail war demeanor? Like, basic plan of action.

Also, Des has supplied me with a fantastic little condition, so Opt-In/Out period is open for the next 12-ish hours! If you've already got your Comp. in, and want it to stay that way, you don't need to say anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, would you all like DesReploid's war clause now, or then, when I roll?

Blog Entries
    I think we could find a compromise- what about (y'know, if they want) if they just post a little thing on their servant's standard grail war demeanor? Like, basic plan of action.

Also, Des has supplied me with a fantastic little condition, so Opt-In/Out period is open for the next 12-ish hours! If you've already got your Comp. in, and want it to stay that way, you don't need to say anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, would you all like DesReploid's war clause now, or then, when I roll?
    Now works

I can't believe it's not Rider! DesReploid's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is also more or less what I meant. Asking everyone whose Servant got picked to write a whole narrative about how they believe the war would pan out would be way too much I think, and take a whole lot of time. Instead, just detailing general plans, possible ideas the Servant would have, maybe even what their general opinion of their competitors could look like would be helpful to constructing a proper narrative.

My Servant Compendium