Page 3 of 124 FirstFirst 1234581353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Holy Schlock War Thread

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not sure what's happening here, but feel free to use my compendium as well for the next round.
    Also help, job and sickness are kicking my ass these past few days
    Last edited by BnEl15; February 9th, 2023 at 09:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Not sure what's happening here, but feel free to use my compendium as well.
    That's for the next war. I think now we debate who wins this HGW

- - - Updated - - -

So, just as a thing, I feel like Charles meeting Jeanne would be a super fun interaction. Big christian vs Alter christian. Spanish vs French. I think Charles would win, but he wouldn't like it.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ho-oh! I did not expect to be in so early!
    It's also one of the better ones. Though looking at this line up we've got 2 servants that can start immediately, 1 servant with low start up speed, 1 with a middling start up speed, and the rest need time to cook.
    Need to look deeper but those are my first impressions.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not sure what's happening here, but feel free to use my compendium as well for the next round.
    Shall we kick your ass too?
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Shall we kick your ass too?
    No thanks, MCAS also got that covered.

Anyways, as for this war...
    Louis, Jeanne, and maybe Mozart (mainly due to the Demon Pillar) feels like the usual late-game contenders in a HGW, while Vasilisa and Robin are the mid-tiers. Manfred might be able to take out at least one or two mid-tiers with some luck, though I can't see him reaching the end.

In a conventional HGW, Louis and Jeanne might be the last two. In a less-conventional war, though (one focusing on slander, misinformation, and psychological intrigue, among other things), Hearst has that mastermind potential down to a t. So long as he stays out of the spotlight like a good Assassin ought to do, he might be able to take the win from under everyone's eyes.

Blog Entries

Louis, Jeanne, and maybe Mozart (mainly due to the Demon Pillar) feels like the usual late-game contenders in a HGW, while Vasilisa and Robin are the mid-tiers. Manfred might be able to take out at least one or two mid-tiers with some luck, though I can't see him reaching the end.

In a conventional HGW, Louis and Jeanne might be the last two. In a less-conventional war, though (one focusing on slander, misinformation, and psychological intrigue, among other things), Hearst has that mastermind potential down to a t. So long as he stays out of the spotlight like a good Assassin ought to do, he might be able to take the win from under everyone's eyes.
    Using narrative conventions, Assassins are almost always underused, so that disqualifies Hearst /j.

I can't believe it's not Rider! DesReploid's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Damn, I did not expect to be immediately chosen by fate hehe.
    As luck would have it, the dice also ended up choosing one of my top three "Please don't pick this sheet" Servants together with Nuada and Berserker Babel, because he's like the most aggresively mid sheet I've written so far. CURSE YOU RNJESUS! Upside, it'll be really easy for me to cast nepotism aside.

That said, the cast is otherwise looking pretty damn good. The powerlevels seem to roughly align as well, with Jalter and Charles seemig like the upper end and Hearst and Richthofen probably closing up the rear. That is, like Bn said, unless mind fuckery is on the table, in which case Hearst has a pretty damn good advantage.
    《 ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

My Servant Compendium

《 ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamerless View Post
    Using narrative conventions, Assassins are almost always underused, so that disqualifies Hearst /j.
    This, tbh.
    Nasu, give me a HGW where the protag summons an Assassin and actually utilizes them well, plz. Heck, give us an edgelord like Kiritsugu 2.0. for a Master if it means we get to see how Assassins should ideally be used.

Blog Entries
    So, I'd say that Hearst would stay in the shadows for most of the war, only showing up occasionally to mock the other cast. Then they'd be a big final threat with their mind control. However, I don't think they would win per se. I'd put my money on Charles (Saber class and good skills). Richtofen probably dies first.
    Mozart is interesting due to his connection to the demons, but due to having two christian servants, I'd say they'd take him out and see it as a moral to due.
    I haven't heard much conversation about Lancer.
    Last edited by Dreamerless; February 9th, 2023 at 10:23 AM.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    reminder that double posting is annoying

just noticed that my Mozalter was summoned. He is mid at best. But I wonder how he and Hearst would interact
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mozart's downfall is truly that Spain and France, much like when England is involved, WILL put their differences aside to kick a demon's ass.

Other than that, my money is on Hearst or Robin Hood as a dark horse if they play their cards right. Everyone will be too occupied pissing their pants hearing that Charles V and Jeanne fucking D'arc will be their opponents.

Also fucking hell Dreamerless learn how to use the edit button I beg of you.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —
    —————

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Mozart's downfall is truly that Spain and France, much like when England is involved, WILL put their differences aside to kick a demon's ass.

Other than that, my money is on Hearst or Robin Hood as a dark horse if they plays their cards right. Everyone will be too occupied pissing their pants hearing that Charles V and Jeanne fucking D'arc will be their opponents.
    I don't think that Robin Hood can do much useful, even if he isn't noticed. He's very mid. Also, seeing Jeanne as a swinsuit alter would confuse the fuck out of everyone

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries

well some of them do i know and recall like Vasilisa and Mozart alterbut the othe i mmust look in it but it look interesting the problem i though with that the Masters must be evaluated aswell as they play a huge Role and if thecan supply enough Mana so thatn the servants can utilize their fully potencial !
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    well some of them do i know and recall like Vasilisa and Mozart alterbut the othe i mmust look in it but it look interesting the problem i though with that the Masters must be evaluated aswell as they play a huge Role and if thecan supply enough Mana so thatn the servants can utilize their fully potencial !
    The masters are a non-issue, as they said. We're just assuming they're useless mana batteries.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Masters must be evaluated aswell as they play a huge Role and if thecan supply enough Mana so thatn the servants can utilize their fully potencial !
    Much like in physics, if nothing is specified we work with the "optimal conditions" default. I'm going with the assumption that we're talking about raw stats (as per the sheet says) here.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —
    —————

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    I feel like Hearst's chances of success depend on if he pisses off Vasilisa enough to make her prioritize him over the more obvious threat of Alterdeus, because taking into account her backstory if he interacts with her enough for her to figure out his deal I feel like she will try to kill him, and depending on how it defines its targets Gaden Ognen Kopje could be a nasty counter to some of the more obvious applications of Hearst's mind control shenanigans

Blog Entries
    What if Alterdeus avoids the Christians? As that's his biggest downfall.

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    Alternate timeline or not, he's still Amadeus. I don't think he can be trusted to make the correct decision over taking the chance to piss people off.

Blog Entries
    Here's a thought though about this war. Are we assuming the masters have average mana? That could end up kneecapping the war if someone like Karna gets a master who can only support him for 2 seconds.

But that's a future problem.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Everyone assuming Hearst will be able to stay hidden is ignoring that he'll have a thread documenting the appearances of the chuuni exhibitionist cringelord (lady) as soon as he learns about her and that Jeanne will never stop chasing him afterwards.

She'll keep getting in the way of his plans until he gets angry enough to bust his NP to send a mob against her, at which point the rules of comedy dictate that she'll find out where he is and beat him up with the crowd still in their trail.

With those two playing cat and mouse and Charles teaming up with Vasilisa to take out Mozart, Hood might actually have time to build up his NP and become a legit threat.