Thread: The Holy Schlock War Thread

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    dear servant idea diary
    foreigner...zuckerberg...yig...reptiloid...mystic eyes of...of...dammit
    dont mind me
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Coward! Let YAGOO take the depressing stage!
    Hey bro, he's real, he isn't completely off the table

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    It's funny since some of us use Hololive members as face claims. I recall I have two sheets that use them.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^ Tangentially related to Faceclaims but I happened to be looking through Craft Essences and I happened to notice that for Altera, her CEs are mostly of her alone with I think the only group shot being the Fate/Extella crew. Seeing the most recent CE be of Charlemagne playing darts with Roland and Astolfo, it makes me sad that F/GO didn't take advantage of Apocrypha giving Hagen von Tronje a canonical design and have him feature in one of Altera's CEs since he basically spent a large chunk of his adolescence at her court.

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    You ever been so emotionally distraught that you used all the time you could have spent writing the next chapter, you spent it sleeping the time away because you were so overwhelmed with emotions? That was me yesterday, literally crying myself to sleep because of what I'm doing to Mark and Kubi. Why do I do this? W H Y ?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's what Dantes is always on about- the fine line between love and hate

Blog Entries
    Shiva Route Part 2

It was a Clash of Cultures. It was a Debate of Meanings. It was a Duel of Beliefs.

It was a Conversation of Fists and Steel.

Countdown to the End: 28%.

The Wise Khan’s onslaught came in an avalanche of bullets that Destroyed the lives of the Titans as she made constant distance from her opponent.

The Sage of Dusk flowed like the River Ganga, drifting between the gaps between bullets and closing the distance to bring the End to the Emperor…

Rider:
    River and Mountain of the Holy Sanctuary
    Alph And Abora
    invoked.

Rider: Philosophy Key A invoked.
    Saint Graph Resonance!

But the moment they saw the whites of each other’s eyes, Kublai commanded the Earth to stretch the distance even further.

Meters and miles of land closed and expanded as bare feet touched the soil yards and at a time. The Gunslinger harried the Dancer with relentless focus.

The Dancer responded in turn with an equally relentless chase. For their energy was condensed into their next step…

And stomped down with all his might.

Countdown to the End: 36%.

A street of Alexandria shunted into the air. The groaning of the Earth was slow and torturous. And yet still the Khan kept firing as the Sky grew closer and the fires blazed hotter.

She looked down and saw all of Alexandria in ruins, burning with infernos of azure flames and floods of black waters and flowing in the sky like floatsams. She saw the crater that belonged to the slab of earth she just jumped off of. She saw the wandering Giant Gargantua feasting on the nearby mountains. She saw the First City, Uruk. She saw the City of Sin, Las Vegas. She saw the Aletheia of Hera, the Garden of Hesperides. She saw the machines of the Eternal Genius and his apprentice, Daedalus and Iapyx.

She saw her Golden Paradise, Xanadu.

She saw the union of Humanity’s Ingenuity into a City that can withstand even the End.

As she fell, the wind howled in her ears, but her eyes…

She saw the Stars above. She saw the Heavens abode. She saw…

A meteor of blue blaze.

The Sage is performing a drop kick poised for her.

She smirked at the audacity of a crude move.

She aims to return that audacity in turn.

In seconds, she pivoted in the air and landed on a stray boulder. In seconds, her legs shot her towards another and another. In seconds, it was her who closed the distance between the two.

Rider: Agility A invoked.
    Rider: Wisdom of the Answer C++ invoked.
    Saint Graph Resonance!

With a mere flip to reorient, both feet of the Great Khan dug into the side of the Sage, sending him careening towards the wastes of Alexandria. Both pink guns in her hands were already trained on the shrinking figure. Far far below on the walls of Xanadu, siege weapons capable of knocking down the Gates of Heaven joined in aiming at the Sage.

Rider:
    A Vision in a Dream
    Kaiping Xanadu
    invoked.

Rider:
    Alph And Abora
    invoked.
    Rider: Bridal Cosmic Strife B invoked.

DEUS IN MACHINA!

A blizzard of steel is the only thing an onlooker can call it.

Berserker: Agility A+. Agility Check: FAIL.

An execution of bullets is the only thing a witness can call it.

A Vision in a Dream
    Kaiping Xanadu
    Boundary crossed.

Parameters of Rider drastically increased!

A house tour is the only thing Hera would call it.

The Disciple of the Destroyer tumbled along the golden floors of Xanadu, pelted with bullets and boulders all the while. And yet the bricks that lined the ground remained unharmed in comparison to the Sage, the bullets plinking harmlessly like marbles. Once at a stop, Berserker picked themselves off the ground with subdued grit. The holes and bruises across their body were filled with the fires of Destruction…

Berserker: Affection of the Chief God A+ invoked.

That left unblemished skin and outfit when extinguished.

Landing with a slide, Kublai Khan started into a walk. Gripping her guns, her arms gestured all around her towards the utopian palace.

Like what you see? All built by yours truly. Her smile radiated pride and accomplishment.

The Sage patted his shoulder as he took in the breathtaking sight…

Is this an example of your taking the role of Brahma? He asked calmly.

Kublai scoffed. Heck no. I’ll be even better than that guy. A world without strife or disease. A World where my people can live idyllic lives of luxury.

A World of Stagnation. His eyes narrowed.

Nope! Wrong! She quickly snapped.A World of Endless Evolution! Where the Standards of Living shall match that of the Gods’ Domains and even farther than that!

You seek to prove yourself better than the Trimurti and the Tridevi… He supposed.

Because I can. I know I can. She finished his sentence.

Destiny to alter as you see fit.

The same as what Mankind has done to Nature.

The Sage looks down. The Universe is not yours to mold.

The Khan smiles. Why not?

The Sage inhaled. Then exhaled. His form changed. His eyes locked on the dreamer before him.

Let the Dance be my answer. His voice carried the ironclad resolve of a man whose beliefs are being tested by the Universe.

Kublai smiled and raised a hand, gun in hand. Then let’s dance.

And snapped her fingers.

Rider:
    A Vision in a Dream
    Kaiping Xanadu
    invoked.
    Saint Graph Resonance!

An orchestra of roars shuddered the sky and a stampede of beasts barreled towards the two of them. Divine Beasts and Magical Cryptids that originated from all over the Silk Road, some of which Berserker recognizes himself. At such a daunting wave of tamed savagery, he closed his eyes…

And stepped forward.

A Vision in a Dream
    Kaiping Xanadu
    resisted the wave in the World’s place!

Countdown to the End remains at 36%.

A wave of Dissolution sonared all across the miraculous city and its golden walls withstood the End. Of the Beasts…

What was supposed to be a trampling of claws and hooves became an avalanche of hides and claws and cries of burned animals. The only Beast that could have shaken off such a disorienting attack…

The Jiu Feng crashed into Berserker with its claws piercing into his back. The momentum dragged the Disciple along plazas and streets and roads. Nine chromatic beaks screeched nine agonizing curses into the Sage’s ears, coupled with demerit after demerit stemming from the palace he is trespassing.

Berserker: Natural Body B-- invoked. Resistance Check: FAIL.

The Khan whistled as she watched the rest of her horde of incensed Beasts chased after the phoenix.

That ought to keep him busy-"

An obnoxious boom echoed throughout Xanadu.

A Vision in a Dream
    Kaiping Xanadu

And another.

A Vision in a Dream
    Kaiping Xanadu

And another.

A Vision in a Dream
    Kaiping Xanadu

And another.

A Vision in a Dream
    Kaiping Xanadu

“Huh.” A sense of awe snuck into the Khan’s mind.

A Vision in a Dream
    Kaiping Xanadu
    resisted the wave in the World’s pla-

Glass crackled in her ears as her face fell. She grasped the ambient energies of the World to repair her utopia.

Rider: Imperial Privilege EX invoked.
    Rider: Pioneer of the Stars EX invoked.
    Rider: Wisdom of the Answer C++ invoked.
    Rider:
    Alph And Abora
    invoked.

Rider:
    A Vision in a Dream
    Kaiping Xanadu
    invoked.

Saint Graph Reso-

WARNING.
    A Vision in a Dream
    Kaiping Xanadu
    is c
    ollapsing. Please evacuate, Great Khan.

Countdown to the End: 39%.

Is this his way of saying ‘All Dreams must End?’ She sighs as she sees another wave of fire emanate from the Disciple’s direction despite her efforts to reinforce her palace. She noticed the bricks she stood on and the nearby buildings cracking slowly like aged pottery. I know it’s no Shambhala, but I worked really hard on it, you know? Are you telling me even Buddha is taking his side? I guess even transient miracles have the capacity to End too.

Storing away Hera’s wedding gifts, the White Emperor turned and walked off towards the glowing Lighthouse in the far off distance. She walked her fingers along a nearby fountain as she passed it. It was one of the first fountains she made when she started making Xanadu, she recalled. The water from it quenched her thirst so much that she declared it the most delicious in all of Xanadu. That day was particularly overbearing, was it not?

Try not to have too much fun with him. He is mine. She said to the steaming waters in the fountain.

A rumble of thunder cracked as the waters from the fountain slowly turned blackened and polluted. A sinister mist bubbled over as a figure emerged.

Assassin of Purple:
    Feth Fiada Taranis
    The Dark Mist howls with Thunder
    invoked.

Hmph. That is akin to telling a dog to not eat the fresh meat before them. A brooding hunter growled as a pack of barking beasts followed him out the fog.

You would not be able to kill him anyway. She shot back.

Underestimating the underdog is just as foolhardy. The Black Dog of Storms snarled.

We will do our best, Miss Kublai. A soft voice assuaged the brewing friction from the fog.

Saber of Gold: Swift Strider Rank B+ (A+) invoked.

A young boy stepped out of the mist and into a scene only from fairy tales.

The Khan really is amazing! Gajah Merik said with childish admiration, earning a ruffling of his hair from the Emperor.

Good boy. She said with a smug glance at the Assassin.

Nodens scoffed as he and his dogs made for the approaching figure in the other end of Xanadu. Shiva’s flames had spread far across the Dream. The Hunter’s Dark Waters flowed from the sewers to wage war against it. A heavy mist that carried Gods began to form.

Assassin of Purple: Familiars: Mist Hounds B invoked.

The Hunter of the Abyss raised his hand and spoke,

Hunt.

And the Hounds listened.

Let’s go! Dance of the Spirits! Serpent Tide!

Saber of Gold:
    Dance of the Spirits
    Serpent Tide
    invoked.

The Befriender of the Serpent King echoed the sentiment as mimicries of the Serpent King’s heads followed him running on puddles of the Black Tide alongside the Hounds of Black Storms.

One step. Two steps. Three steps.

Young man. Show me the teachings of your Mentor. The Sage of Destruction acknowledges the King’s approach.

Yes, Sage! I will give it my all! The King of the Kutei Rukam brought forth his wholehearted will.

A single movement of his illusionary sword meant hundreds of strokes.

Saber of Gold: Enlighten Mind A invoked.

Hundreds of strokes meant thousands of cuts.

A Sword Art only a serene mind of emptiness can accomplish.

Embers emerged where cuts were formed.

Well done, King. Now… Do you have the fortitude to continue? The Disciple dared.

Saber of Gold: Endurance EX invoked. Resistance Check: PASS.

From point blank, an explosion of blue flames originated from the wounds the Saber’s sword had caused. And yet despite this…

The King endures.

I do!Yelled the Slayer. And with his declaration, an onslaught of blades fell upon him.

Circling them were hunters of the Abyss, but they knew better than to come between a battle that was not theirs.

Their owner watches from a distance, bored from the lack of effort he needed to exert. Nodens wonders where the hostility that the Sage showed to the Khan earlier went. He’d dare say that the Will to Kill was never present in the Sage.

A waste of my time… He grumbled…

Assassin of Purple: Hunter of the Great Abyss A triggered!

A scent. He smelled the ruined air. It was not from his waters, no…

A bitch…

He was already stalking towards the source of the aroma. A fragrance that reminded him of a Love long dead.

He was already approaching the second wave of fighters meant to stall the Sage long enough for the Khan to retrieve the spear: Nohoilpi and Hagen von Tronje. The latter was wishing he wasn’t paired up with the Trickster God.

Wha? Nodens!? Where ya running!? Don’t tell me he’s too much trouble for-

Change of plans. Either you go ahead and fight the Sage with Merik or follow me. I don’t care. The Hunter interrupted the God before speeding off into the distance…

Lancer of Purple: Discerning Eye B invoked.

Wait… The Slayer of Siegfried looked the direction of Nodens’s path. Gargantua is eating there.

So? Kid’s gotta eat her all-you-can-eat buffet every day! The God of Gambling scoffed at the comment.

Archer of Gold: Divine Core of the Gambler God A triggered.

Then his eyes squinted at the top of the giant’s head in the far distance, holding his hand over his eyes for shade from the weak sunlight. Wait… Isn’t that place the place you guys met Mark? Cause I know my temples when I see one. And I definitely know my temples when they get corrupted.

I remember the trees and leaves becoming purple on Gargantua’s back when I carried my master down the mountain. It has only gotten worse since. Hagen recalled.

That sounds bad. Nohoilpi commented. You think it’s just the kid eating something bad?

I wish. Hagen drew his spear before running after Nodens. I knew this wasn’t going to be an easy fight.

H-hey! Does that mean we can still do our comedy duo on whatever’s making the kid sick!?Nohoilpi started doing the same.I got the stacks of cream pies and truckloads of fake dollar bills ready!

Sure! Fine! Whatever! I’ll even give you the Rheingold if it can help us kill whatever it is that got that moody grump all anxious!

Suhaweeet!

---

Reality Integrity is at 61%, Lady Hera. In the control room of the Garden of Hesperides, Iapyx reported the ongoings of the battle to the true owner.

Kublai Khan’s already making her way here. The Spear is ready. All everyone else needs to do is keep Markandeya from dancing until she can kill him. In a new body of flesh and bone, Daedalus added to his son’s assessment. But… did you have to give me this new body? It feels so… inefficient.

The Goddess of Marriage’s eyes followed the Bride-to-be as she sprinted towards her Garden with a wide smile. It brought a swell of joy to her heart that reminded her of simpler times.

Oh Daedalus. Even you know it is foolhardy to give you complete control of my Aletheia. Just giving you permission over some of its functions is enough for you. She singsonged.

She’s got you there, father! She is well aware of your hubris! Laughed Iapyx as he also possessed a body of flesh and bone.

Yes, well… Bah… Grumbled the inventor. I’ll figure it out. Just you wait… Hm? Nodens is heading off towards Gargantua and Loki… So is Nohoilpi and Hagen… What in the World- Oh…

The Old Man looks up from his screen and out the control center pane windows.

Ruler: Matriarch Divine Core EX triggered.

Father! Lady Hera! The sensors picked up something! On Gargantua!Iapyx only relayed what Hera herself already sensed.

Oh… Hera mirrored Daedalus’s utterance as her eyes widened in disbelief.

The hair upon Gargantua’s back slowly turned a luster of purple, yet the little girl never noticed in her feasting of the mountains.

That petty God… Daedalus growled.

Hera couldn’t help but solemnly smile at that.

Because she herself is that same type of God.

---

Where is everyone? Kublai Khan thought aloud as she made her way to the Chambers of Gaia. It is there where Lughaid’s Spear is being combined with Gaia’s Wedding Gift and it is where she’ll receive the Proof that she can change Destiny.

As she stepped into the door…

The spear is there, ensnared within a giant tree that reached to the high ceiling. A powerful energy can be felt just by standing at the door. She cannot help but giggle like a schoolgirl.

It is ready. The original owner of the Spear stood to the side, against the walls.

Lugh! Greeted Kublai.

I thought I told you not to shorten my name. Lancer sighed with his smile. I can’t be compared to a guy like that.

Yeah yeah, whatever. Just go get ready for when Mark gets here and then the final battle will become amazing and cool and I will emerge triumphant over him and- Kublai was already reaching for the spear. The Branch of Gaia loosened its hold on the spear to allow its new wielder access.

Wait.

His hand stopped Kublai’s.

Lugh? What’s going on? Kinda on a time limit? End of the World-o’clock? Shook the Khan’s head.

The Knight’s lips quivered, as if the dam holding back his truest intentions were close to bursting.

You can’t.

The Khan’s eyes darted left to right. Can’t… what? Fight him? Kill him? Win?

The Soldier merely looked at the girl, as storms raged within his mind. As if his chosen words out of the infinite others will be the one damning mistake.

Lugh. His name snapped him out of his stupor.

What’s up? Kublai shook her head.

He will die. He wished he could take what he said back.

Uh… yeah. That’s the plan? Kublai looked at him funny.

Your plan won’t work. He continued. Your plan of just pulling out the spear and healing the wound won’t work. It doesn’t work like that.

What? Of course it will! It’s my plan! We even got Daedalus and his healing noble phantasm and Gilgamesh and his vault of everything! She boasted so sure of herself.

Oh and it worked out so well for Asclepius...

Lancer stayed his sharp tongue as he tried to fish out the words from the raging sea in his mind.

He loves you. In every outcome I saw. He loves you.

He said it.

Kublai blinked.

And blinked.

And her face pinked.

W-what?

And in every outcome I saw, you drove that spear through his heart. He pointed to said spear.

It… it’s mutual? The Khan’s mind has yet to catch up.

He nodded. And in every outcome I saw, he dies. Permanently.

Denial. Written all over her face.

No… I… I… I had a plan! I mean, even if he didn’t love me, I kinda felt the same, but like I didn’t know if these feelings I have right now were just Love or just frustration over the unfairness of the Universe or just plain Hatred, but wait wait wait! What do you mean he dies!? The Khan flurried through her words in disbelief.

Lancer of Gold: Spirit of the Sea EX triggered.

A single phrase that stood out to him. From all timelines.

WHY DIDNT YOU DO ANYTHING!? FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE, DO SOMETHING!

Her words echoed in his mind. Did he make the right choice?

Once he is pierced by that Spear, Shiva’s Dance will be stopped. That is what averting Fate does, but… He paused. Once it is stopped, he will have no reason to remain here. Either the World or Shiva will recall him.

That’s stupid! She pats on her chest. I’m here! I'm his reason!

Kublai…

NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Gaia’s Trees will always grow from the Ashes of the Universe. Mark is conceptually coated in those ashes. Once that spear goes through him, Gaia’s Branch will spread its roots all over him as nutrients for a new tree. He WILL die.

NO! SHUT UP!

Tears. He saw her tears.

The same tears she had shed in all timelines.

The same tears she had shed over a Sage’s body across infinite timelines.

JUST. SHUT UP! GIVE ME A SECOND TO THINK.

The Emperor who commanded the Golden Empire… paced around the room.

Gods… I never think these through. I NEVER THINK!

Kublai.

Atrocity after atrocity. Stressful night after stressful night. Overthinking everything because of a World that hates me!

Kublai.

A loud gong echoed in the chamber. An imprint of the Khan’s fist was embedded in the wall. Her hair frayed at the ends as she ran her hands through her scalp. He saw droplets of water on the floor under the Khan.

No… Just when I had it all figured out… Just when I have the chance to prove the Universe wrong…

Kublai…

Did… I make the right choice?

Did he leave me his last words? Tell me, Lughaid.

The Knight looks up to the Khan’s back.

Tell me.

I await for you at the End of the Universe.

He couldn’t say that.

He pursed his lips.

Hear it from him yourself.

You damn coward.

A moment of silence passed…

The Emperor stomped over to the Spear…

And took it.

A once over was taken. An aquamarine blue wrapped in a bark that withstood the harshness of Space.

And then she simply stood.

He knew better than to speak.

Rider: Wisdom of the Answer C++ triggered.
    Lancer: Spirit of the Sea EX triggered.

Then both their heads raised towards the same direction. Then towards each other.

Lughaid saw Hope in her tear streaked eyes.

---

Gargantua laid on her most recent meal and clutched her stomach in pain. As if she ate something bad. Nature’s foliage around her was a deep magenta color.

Sweetie? Are you alright? Gargantua? Loki=Rod shouted in the girl’s direction before sensing a most terrible presence.

Lord Nodens?

Get away from her.

Stepping out of the Black Mist, the God of Storms suggested to the Gatekeeper.

What? Why? She just needs a little attention and love!

Papa… It hurts… The giant whimpered.

Loki’s face fell and his fox ears drooped in fear. Dear? Dear! Hang in there! I’ll get Daedalus or Gilgamesh or anyone who can help! Lord Nodens! Send one of your dogs-

There are bigger problems, Hearthkeeper. Growled the Black Dog.

What could you possibly-

Gatekeeper: Core of a God EX triggered.

His words died as he noticed that same presence.

Oh… Oh no…

A single figure approached them.

A glowing crown.

The blue fires of Shiva that scorches Alexandria turned a hue of cosmic purple.

The same fires that emulate from her hands.

A sinister smirk hints at an eternity of hopeless Love.

Scram. Nodens declared.

Ananga. Loki named.

Ooooh. Perceptive~. I would have accepted being called Kama or Mara or both also. Giggled the Shadow of Shiva’s Fires.

Speak your reason for trespassing this period, Grudge of Love. Did you forget you were meant to disappear alongside the one who casts your shadow?

A Golden Authority stepped forth. Golden runes circled around him.

Why, King of Uruk? How can I fade when Lord Shiva’s most devoted disciple has fallen in Love? The Ashes of the Universe laughed mockingly. How can I become the next Universe when I sensed the perfect chance to cause immense pain to the man who wronged me?

His affairs are not yours to intervene in.

AND MY LIFE WAS NOT THEIRS TO BURN TO ASHES FOR THEIR PETTY LOVE LIVES.

Gilgamesh narrowed his eyes; his disdain for the Gods grew ever more affirmed by the second.

Do not speak to me about the meaning of ‘Petty’.

Ananga grinned wide.

Fine… Just one Curse of Separation. The same one that Rama and Sita have. And then I’ll be out of your hair and fade back into the universe.

Absolutely not! I forbid it! Loki=Rod objected sternly, stepping forward between the group and the Shade. His eyes burned a fury of a hearth full of fresh wood. I swear by my bond with Sigyn that you will be banished!

A cruel laughter echoed around the World that continued nonstop. It began from the sole person in front of them. And then to the side. And then above. And then below.

???: Embrace of Dreams invoked.

A horde of the woman in front of them. A horde of which approaches all around Alexandria’s borders.

You dare fight against the Universe then?

She taunted.

I have done so once before.

Gilgamesh declared into the void of an uncaring yet all loving universe. Memories of Pure Clay flashed in his mind.

I shall do so again.

Is… Is Chaldea showing up? Your previous employment? Spear on his shoulder, Loki whispered to the King of Heroes.

Let us hope they do.Golden ripples in space appeared around Gilgamesh.

Hmph. I hope they don’t. More hunting for me. Nodens growled.

How did you win last time, King Gilgamesh? Loki asked. How will we win?

Caster of Purple:
    The Omniscient Omnipotent Star
    Sha Naqba Imuru
    invoked.

Gilgamesh grimaced.

Love. Love will prevail.

Against a God of Love. Groaned Nodens. Cheesy…

Indeed.

Loki=Rod smiled fierce.

I like that answer.

Victory Condition: Prevent the Curse of Separation.
    Losing Conditions: By decree of the Great Khan, you cannot lose.

The Shadow of Love's Ashes
    Golden Horde

AN

Because I love emotionally tormenting myself. The original plan for the Shiva route was what Lughaid saw in the spear. The snip I wrote earlier is just one of those infinite routes where Markandeya dies, but...

Kublai Khan is not one for letting the Universe dictate her love life.

I feel like this is just the Heaven's Feel Route, but in Egypt. That... doesn't even completely encapsulate what is going on. I'm going to bed now. Maybe I'll finish the final part later, but I really want to make the deadline for the Sheet Rework contest. I guess I'll just post the final part in the Snippets thread because this thread will have moved on to the next war from Alexandria by then.

I hope I'm not double posting...

Good night!
    Last edited by SimpleScribe; March 22nd, 2023 at 09:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    We are down the rabbit hole and through the looking glass, people.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleScribe View Post
    Because I love emotionally tormenting myself. The original plan for the Shiva route was what Lughaid saw in the spear. The snip I wrote earlier is just one of those infinite routes where Markandeya dies, but...

Kublai Khan is not one for letting the Universe dictate her love life.

I feel like this is just the Heaven's Feel Route, but in Egypt. That... doesn't even completely encapsulate what is going on. I'm going to bed now. Maybe I'll finish the final part later, but I really want to make the deadline for the Sheet Rework contest. I guess I'll just post the final part in the Snippets thread because this thread will have moved on to the next war from Alexandria by then.

I hope I'm not double posting...

Good night!
    Sooooo...

Anyone else just wanna give Scribe the time to do the final part to this FUCKING AMAZING three-part fic?

If need be, I'm totally fine writing Loki=Rod's POV to stall.

Because god damn Simple this is absolutely amazing. I've already read it twice and wanna read it even more times.

Though if I am gonna stall, I can't help but wonder the logistics/reasons of some of it.

Mainly "okay if Loki=Rod was by Gargantua's side, then does that mean he had been nearby when Hypatia, Kublai and Hagen went up on Gargantua when meeting Markandeya in the first part?" and "ok so is he there because basically he's the only one who makes sure Gargantua doean't go too nuts?" because if I'm gonna write in his POV, I'm gonna have to think of an excuse for thoae questions.
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

Blog Entries
    Never leave us scribe. This is amazing beyond description

It’s because of you alone that this is my favorite schlock war

Is Chaldea coming now?

I’m surprised the Vegas/Hagen duo is going as well as it is. I want to see more of them
    Last edited by Dreamerless; March 22nd, 2023 at 08:07 AM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We are ABSOLUTELY giving them all the time they need- let em focus on the rework for now, because this shit is SUBLIME.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    We are ABSOLUTELY giving them all the time they need- let em focus on the rework for now, because this shit is SUBLIME.
    Vidi, make Scribe a permanent fixture in the wars from now on.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I submit to Scribe supremacy.

They truly are the Schlock war MVP.

In fact let me extend a thank you to Scribe as well. You picked up the slack when I could not. You've put forward something that'd have put what I could to shame and I couldn't be happier. So thank you for such a well-written fic.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries
    HARIHARA ROUTE REAL. I BELIEVE. YOU CAN DO IT, GUYS

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sublime stuff, Simple. I devour your texts.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    I love that we're all just waiting for the finale with baited breath. There's always that one story in this thread that takes over the conversation. At this point, whatever Scribe says will go.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I mean, can you blame us? The way that the story was written was really engaging, and it had me hooked on it from the start

Blog Entries
    Question: so, Kublai is probably gonna be the winner here unless Scribe pulls a 180 maneuver and makes it so she sacrifices herself for Mark or something after stopping his destruction. She's also concerned about killing him, but the Grail is still a part of this equation. "Omnipotent wish granter" can probably solve that, especially when it only needs half of the Servants dead to reach full power. This is like DBZ when you realize the stakes aren't as high when they have an insta-solve. It kinda feels like that's why Mara is there at the end. Whether she's meant to wipe out the required Servants since none have died fighting Mark yet or to throw a wrench in using the Grail, her inclusion feels out of left field and possibly unneeded aside from the reasons given. However, since Kublai doesn't seem to have processed that the Grail could solve things, this could go any direction. Having her suddenly start killing off the other Servants though would be kind of interesting.

It's also a little weird that she's immediately on board the love train, but this story moves at such a breakneck speed it hardly matters. Just kinda wish there was a little more than "We're fighting, we have banter, I'll mention Hera's guns as a wedding gift but immediately double back, I'm trying to kill him, and suddenly we both have feelings for each other and not even from the effect of a Skill or NP. We just fell a bit in love during the fight." Would've added more weight to her agonizing over the notion of killing him.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; March 24th, 2023 at 05:31 AM.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    Using the Grail to fix things still requires it to consume Servants as fuel. There is a fix here regardless, but Scribe is right that Kublai's reaction would be to panic when she spots her own error. She's powerful enough that she can shoot for the moon, miscalculate the trajectory by half a degree, and freeze to death a million miles from home with no hope of recovery, all while the normal folks on the ground who can't even fly say "look, she's in the stars".

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Blog Entries
    I wonder how much of the cast will survive this route. Or are we going full Highlander?

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE.