Page 1 of 124 12361151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Holy Schlock War Thread

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

The Holy Schlock War Thread

Hello, and welcome to The Holy Schlock War Thread!

THSW is a thread based upon the concept of utilizing the Fanfic General Discussion topic’s most abundant resource, User-Created Servants, for the sake of our own entertainment. This of course will be done by participating in the randomly-generated Holy Schlock War game.

THSW operates in two phases, Generation, and Discussion.

The Generation Phase will take place over the course of 12-24 hours, with anyone interested in allowing their existing created servants to be used, posting a message in the thread along the lines of, “I’m opting in my compendium”. If you only wish for your created servants to be used in a certain number of rounds, or make certain servants off-limits, simply state that in your opt-in message. The same goes if you want your compendium out of the runnings, just post another message clearly stating so, and edit the previous one to include a link to the latest. It is a priority that creative consent is given by the creator, as for instance, reddit reposts without it, have been an issue in the past.

Upon submission of a compendium, it will be given a number which will be used for Random Servant Generation. Canon Servants will always be 1, with subsequent numbers given to submitted compendiums. Upon the end of the 12-24 hour period, I (the thread creator, or anyone who’s filling in for me in case I can’t show up for whatever reason) will use a random number generator per class to select a compendium to pull from, then again to decide which servant will be summoned for that class.

Unless a Conditional Clause (elaborated in the discussion phase section) states otherwise, the Ensuing HSW is assumed to be a Fuyuki-style, 7 standard-servant grail war- however, that includes the tendency for things to go terribly wrong. Each time a servant is rolled, I will conduct a grail error check, which ultimately results in a 5% chance a Nonstandard class servant being rolled in place of the class it was for. Masters won’t be rolled unless a CC opts them in, instead being nondescript magi with adequate enough mana to fuel their servants reasonably well.

Now that Servants have been rolled, the much less rule-intensive Discussion Phase begins. It is where the meat of the game is played, with each individual thread participant (A submitted compendium NOT BEING NEEDED TO PLAY) putting forth their best arguments on how they think things would play out. Whether the discussion is on the actions of individual servants, how you think 1v1 fights would play out, or the fate of the war itself, the overall point is to create the Most Entertaining series of events.

Arguments need not be some grand manifesto, nor leagues of prose, just readable. They can be serious, silly, whatever- Schlock is in the title, so even if you argue for some garbage, as long as it is entertaining, you’re fine. Your solutions and scenarios can be trying to make things funny, cool, heartwarming or heartbreaking, as long as you think it would work. It’s not battleboarding, but rather more akin to being at a middle school lunch table, having ludicrous arguments for the sake of it, like whether a gorilla would figure out how to do a Suplex in order to beat a crocodile in a fight. It’s for fun, and to give our ideas more time to shine.

At the end of each Discussion Phase, a winning servant will be voted on. Whoever their creator is, will be able to set a Conditional Clause on the next game, which would change the conditions of the next grail war. As long as I can understand it, it works- it could be as simple as, “The next war is a doubles war!” (Meaning 2 of each standard class servant would be rolled, as well as a presiding ruler), or as complicated as, “The next war is Assassins-only, taking place in Washington DC, where the Grail is held by the US President, who uses it as his favorite coffee cup.”.

To any of those confused by my ramblings here, the course of events in a game would look like this:

Game Start -> Opt-in Period -> Clause Check -> Compendium selection Rolls -> Grail Error Check -> Class Compendium Rolls -> Discussion Start -> Winner Selection -> Conditional Clause announcement -> New Game

Anyhow, I do hope you choose to join in! As Games conclude, this post will have a winner’s hall of fame added on. See you inside!

Currently Featured Compendiums
    # of times a servant has been sourced is denoted by * next to username

1- Canon
    2- Dreamerless
    3- NielleiN
    4- Vididii
    5- RoydGolden
    6- Pinetree
    7- Serra
    8- Baron Magus
    9- Skull
    10- Sutaa
    11- DelRey
    12- WhiteFrenzy
    13- Frigix
    14- SimpleScribe
    15- DracoScribe
    16- DesReploid
    17- Spammin Spiff (Still need one teehee!)
    18- Kabalisto Koga
    19- Morg van Destro
    20- Ismail2002
    21- Random
    22- BnEl15
    23- FarewellToMrA
    24- Kamera
    25- AndrosTC
    26. Anju Addams
    27. TQG Imaginatorious
    28. Spelror
    29. Jshara
    30. Saron
    31. Stillinneverland
    32. Random
    33. ErrantGalantine
    34. Gears

Past Wars (Click here!)1. Vanilla Fuyuki-Style

2. Extra Classes only

3. Assassins only

4. Pair-Up mode

5. The Bachelor

6. Titanic

7. Alexandria VS

8. Assault of the Anti-Servants

9. Akihabara Idol War

10. Yellowstone Nationality Doubles

11. Pompeii

12. Rio Safety War

13. Spring Break Discord

14. The Mastelorette Discord

15. Servdust Crusaders Discord

16. The Olympic Games Discord

Current wars are occurring in the CaS discord
    Last edited by Vididii; March 17th, 2024 at 01:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    I'm opting in my Compendium, which currently is pretty small, but has some fun servants.

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    I'd also like to opt in my Compendium, excpet for Alter Ego Mary Sue, as they're a joke.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Noted! Mine are in as well

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll be rolling servants (regular Fuyuki style to kick it off) in approximately 18 hours, or 08:00 EST. Possibly sooner if we have a lot of interest, as to keep it rolling.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Feel free to use my compendium.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That seems like a lot of rules for something that should be fairly simple, I'm not even sure I got it.
    Feel free to use mine though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    Hello, and welcome to The Holy Schlock War Thread!

THSW is a thread based upon the concept of utilizing the Fanfic General Discussion topic’s most abundant resource, User-Created Servants, for the sake of our own entertainment. This of course will be done by participating in the randomly-generated Holy Schlock War game.

THSW operates in two phases, Generation, and Discussion.

The Generation Phase will take place over the course of 12-24 hours, with anyone interested in allowing their existing created servants to be used, posting a message in the thread along the lines of, “I’m opting in my compendium”. If you only wish for your created servants to be used in a certain number of rounds, or make certain servants off-limits, simply state that in your opt-in message. The same goes if you want your compendium out of the runnings, just post another message clearly stating so, and edit the previous one to include a link to the latest. It is a priority that creative consent is given by the creator, as for instance, reddit reposts without it, have been an issue in the past.

Upon submission of a compendium, it will be given a number which will be used for Random Servant Generation. Canon Servants will always be 1, with subsequent numbers given to submitted compendiums. Upon the end of the 12-24 hour period, I (the thread creator, or anyone who’s filling in for me in case I can’t show up for whatever reason) will use a random number generator per class to select a compendium to pull from, then again to decide which servant will be summoned for that class.

Unless a Conditional Clause (elaborated in the discussion phase section) states otherwise, the Ensuing HSW is assumed to be a Fuyuki-style, 7 standard-servant grail war- however, that includes the tendency for things to go terribly wrong. Each time a servant is rolled, I will conduct a grail error check, which ultimately results in a 5% chance a Nonstandard class servant being rolled in place of the class it was for. Masters won’t be rolled unless a CC opts them in, instead being nondescript magi with adequate enough mana to fuel their servants reasonably well.

Now that Servants have been rolled, the much less rule-intensive Discussion Phase begins. It is where the meat of the game is played, with each individual thread participant (A submitted compendium NOT BEING NEEDED TO PLAY) putting forth their best arguments on how they think things would play out. Whether the discussion is on the actions of individual servants, how you think 1v1 fights would play out, or the fate of the war itself, the overall point is to create the Most Entertaining series of events.

Arguments need not be some grand manifesto, nor leagues of prose, just readable. They can be serious, silly, whatever- Schlock is in the title, so even if you argue for some garbage, as long as it is entertaining, you’re fine. Your solutions and scenarios can be trying to make things funny, cool, heartwarming or heartbreaking, as long as you think it would work. It’s not battleboarding, but rather more akin to being at a middle school lunch table, having ludicrous arguments for the sake of it, like whether a gorilla would figure out how to do a Suplex in order to beat a crocodile in a fight. It’s for fun, and to give our ideas more time to shine.

At the end of each Discussion Phase, a “winner” will be chosen via public opinion in the thread (dunno about voting, I almost feel as if that’s too structured- we’ll play it by ear for now) based on who put forth the most entertaining scenario. Whoever that is will be able to set a Conditional Clause on the next game, which would change the conditions of the next grail war. As long as it fits in a sentence, it works- it could be as simple as, “The next war is a doubles war!” (Meaning 2 of each standard class servant would be rolled, as well as a presiding ruler), or as complicated as, “The next war is Assassins-only, taking place in Washington DC, where the Grail is held by the US President, who uses it as his favorite coffee cup.”.

To any of those confused by my ramblings here, the course of events in a game would look like this:

Game Start -> Opt-in Period -> Clause Check -> Compendium selection Rolls -> Grail Error Check -> Class Compendium Rolls -> Discussion Start -> Winner Selection -> Conditional Clause announcement -> New Game

Anyhow, I do hope you choose to join in! As Games conclude, this post will have a winner’s hall of fame added on. See you inside!
    What do we do with Masters?

Blog Entries
    And mine as well, though you might end up running into some pretty bad and/or old sheets in the process

Feel free to exclude Unsolved Act of Humanity (Unsolved Crime) (Unsolved Murder) and/or "Apophis" btw

EDIT - Or you could relegate them to the 5% roll, idk. Actually, you should maybe exclude Herman too, or make him part of the 5% roll, since part of his shtick is that you run into him only within Singularities, Lostbelts, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamerless View Post
    What do we do with Masters?
    The answer is in that post you quoted already

Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    Masters won’t be rolled unless a CC opts them in, instead being nondescript magi with adequate enough mana to fuel their servants reasonably well.
    Last edited by Serra; February 8th, 2023 at 03:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    And mine as well, though you might end up running into some pretty bad and/or old sheets in the process

Feel free to exclude Unsolved Act of Humanity (Unsolved Crime) (Unsolved Murder) and/or "Apophis" btw

- - - Updated - - -

The answer is in that post you quoted already
    Oh, I see. I'm an idiot. I probably won't get in one of my servants anyway (not enough compared to you people)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Feel free to use my compendium. It's in my signature. Not up-to-date but I plan to slowly update it.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Man, I got reading fatigue halfway through the rules.

But feel free to use my compendium. There's a couple of old janky sheets in there but most of it is decent stuff for discussion.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, that’s uh, my bad. I tried to cover all the specifics so everything would be crystal. I’d just go by the flowchart at the bottom.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i opting in my servant compendium which is in my signature .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Count my compendium in!

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    lol, my compendium only provides extra classes, core classes that are actually extra classes, seasonal joke servants, shitpost grands, divine spirits and some artists. good luck trying to balance any of them
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ooo this is a cool idea! Dunno about the execution - I think we can only learn by practice - but I'm sure interested to see what will come out of this.

Y'all can use my servants, if that helps... I bet it won't BUT.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    lol, my compendium only provides extra classes, core classes that are actually extra classes, seasonal joke servants, shitpost grands, divine spirits and some artists. good luck trying to balance any of them
    That’s the best part, we don’t-

Regardless, everyone is locked in thus far. Do we wanna move the time up, or leave it at tomorrow morning as planned?

Blog Entries
    Feel free to use my compendium too.
    Wanna see some historical figures turned into cute anime girls? I got you

His Servant's Compendium
    Frigix's Fridge

Blog Entries
    I have not that many Servants to my name nor have I compiled them into a legible list, but what is a few more Servants into the mix? I impart my section of the Throne onto this thread. Let me just read the rules a few times to fully comprehend what I am getting myself into.

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Don't have many Servants either, and most of them are Extra Classes time to hurry and finish my "ywain" sheet, but still...this sounds fun! Assuming I understood the rules right.

I'm opting in my compendium for at least one round to try it out.
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.