Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Archive — Students and Sensei and Shoot-Ups, Oh My!

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries

Blue Archive — Students and Sensei and Shoot-Ups, Oh My!

BL thred for the rootin' tootin' shootin' stoodn' mobage

Yes, I'm already in a club.

Hina and Shirok best girls, but they're all pretty great.

Post spoils and fails, talk shop and strats, and argue whether Eden Treaty's all it's cracked up to be (It is, but...)

But most importantly, keep it light and breezy, Senseis of Schale.

All servers welcome to discuss, but keep anything not released in global yet and related to the actual story content in the spoiler tags.

Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; February 12th, 2023 at 05:52 PM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

S. Chise kicked my ass. I got like 12 3* and not a single one of them was Chise. I needed to spark her. Anyone here can feel free to add me if they wish.

I'll probably just save for Sports Yuuka and the tensai bishoujo hacker for now. I've had my eyes on Himari since the first decagrammaton event. Yukana is way too damn good at her job.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I tried it a bit but if I was gonna get into another /gwg/ mobage I'd go back to GFL. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

That's honestly like maybe only 20% of the appeal, at best. The kind of gun they're using is not even specified in their profiles and people have to figure it out themselves.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I honestly think its has the best story in the gacha market so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I honestly think its has the best story in the gacha market so far.
    I'm torn on whether or not to consider any part of this game better than LB6 (but that's kind of unfair), but it definitely wins in the consistency department. The game has never missed, some of the plotlines are at worst just weaker than others.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    LB6 is the best individual story gacha has made but FGO has too many downs and boring stories for me. This one is consistently nice like you said.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like how this game had a reputation mainly for being horny and now people are sticking around because apparently the story is good.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

I was aware of it since the JP launch, but initially skipped out on it because yeah, I thought it was just horny (had mostly just seen Karin's L2D). I decided to give it a chance when the Global version released because I was deeply bored, and it turned out to both be way less horny than I expected (though still pretty horny) and have a genuinely well-written story and cast of characters. The developer interviews are particularly illuminating in this respect.
    size

For reference, isakusan is the scenario director, whereas hwansang is the art director. This is isakusan's first major work, but hwansang is probably known for illustrating a lot of characters in Elsword.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    I like how this game had a reputation mainly for being horny and now people are sticking around because apparently the story is good.
    It's the best of both worlds.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Formless Creature View Post
    I was aware of it since the JP launch, but initially skipped out on it because yeah, I thought it was just horny (had mostly just seen Karin's L2D). I decided to give it a chance when the Global version released because I was deeply bored, and it turned out to both be way less horny than I expected (though still pretty horny) and have a genuinely well-written story and cast of characters. The developer interviews are particularly illuminating in this respect.
    size

For reference, isakusan is the scenario director, whereas hwansang is the art director. This is isakusan's first major work, but hwansang is probably known for illustrating a lot of characters in Elsword.
    Ohhh can you share the entire article?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Ohhh can you share the entire article?
    It's a DeepL translation of the artbook interview. For those who know Japanese, here is the untranslated version of the same interview.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    thank you \o/

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    TBH though that seems to be the consensus for most long running gacha games, like the aforementioned GFL, and I've even heard that about NIKKE, so unfortunately at this point I don't feel it means much unless someone tries the game out for themselves.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Formless Creature View Post
    That's honestly like maybe only 20% of the appeal, at best. The kind of gun they're using is not even specified in their profiles and people have to figure it out themselves.
    That was also very disappointing, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

If the story really is good though, I might end up giving this a second shot at some point.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I am Sensei.
    I am only human.
    Except when it's funny when Hina blows me away like we're in a gag romcom manga. Then I am invincible like a cartoon character.
    this is the only thing I need outta life, BA-wise

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    That was also very disappointing, yes.
    Gun nuts are subhuman and BA knows it. They're more like accessories or tools to the students than their defining trait. It's more concerned with slice of life fun times, characterization, pseudo-science, headscratcher mysticism, and what's-probably-deep-lore.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; February 14th, 2023 at 05:48 PM.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    was having fun reading through Trinity Arc Chapter 3, my favorite chapter yet. But then suddenly there is this mission that requires using your own unit, which I'm very underleveled because the enemies are around level 60s while my account is still level 43.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, one of the thing that filters me the most about BA is just how high the difficulty ceilings are for each chapter. With FGO, you can go all the way to LB6 with just the free starting SSR fully leveled with the special ascension, a couple of fodders and a Friend Support, but with BA you have grind through everything.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    It was acceptable because all the story mode so far is using story units with appropriate level. But this one mission specifically ask me to use my own