Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    3. Caster
    2. Genderbend
    I see this and I vote, +1.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    4. Archer
    3. Make him the bad guy
    (Conditional invincibility is just screaming for a "I cannot be killed by a mere man", "I am not a man but a woman" esque moment.)
    Last edited by Skull; March 10th, 2023 at 02:26 PM.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

3. Caster
    2. Genderbend

+1
    It's Fate/ Our first servants gotta be genderbent!

Blog Entries
    I can't believe I got too caught up with the whole Tolkien reference and forgot to explain my actual reasoning for picking the villain option. That being this excerpt from the Triads:

Quote Originally Posted by Red Book
    Tri ruduoawc ynys Prydein. Run vab Beli. a Llew Llaw Gyffes. a Morgan Mwynvawr ac un o nadunt oed rudvogachnor tri Arthur oed y enu. bluydyn ny doei na gwellt na llysseu y fford y cerdei Arthur.
    Roughly translated that comes out to, "The Three Red Reapers of the Isle of Britain: Rhun son of Beli, Lleu Llaw Gyffes and Morgan the Wealthy. And there was one who was a Reaper greater than all three - Arthur was his name. For a year neither grass nor plants used to come where one of the three walked, but where Arthur went, not for seven years."

Obviously this is really meant to praise the quartet as incomparable warriors, but it's all too easy to twist that into them being villains in the eyes of those they killed. The other interesting tidbit is due to oral tales being transcribed, Lleu's name is misspelt here with a homophone which actually changes the meaning from "Lleu" (Fair-haired) to "Llew" (Lion). Figured this all might be of some interest to Zikari whatever the vote comes out as since you're not likely to find this sort of info glancing at wikipedia.

3. Caster
    2. Genderbend

+1!

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I can't believe I got too caught up with the whole Tolkien reference and forgot to explain my actual reasoning for picking the villain option. That being this excerpt from the Triads:

Roughly translated that comes out to, "The Three Red Reapers of the Isle of Britain: Rhun son of Beli, Lleu Llaw Gyffes and Morgan the Wealthy. And there was one who was a Reaper greater than all three - Arthur was his name. For a year neither grass nor plants used to come where one of the three walked, but where Arthur went, not for seven years."

Obviously this is really meant to praise the quartet as incomparable warriors, but it's all too easy to twist that into them being villains in the eyes of those they killed. The other interesting tidbit is due to oral tales being transcribed, Lleu's name is misspelt here with a homophone which actually changes the meaning from "Lleu" (Fair-haired) to "Llew" (Lion). Figured this all might be of some interest to Zikari whatever the vote comes out as since you're not likely to find this sort of info glancing at wikipedia.
    Very interesting! Why Archer, though?

Blog Entries

Niemira Trisagion
    Day 1 – Afternoon
    The Theatre

I’ve decided. I will genderbend Lleu Llaw Gyffes.

He, no, she will be a servant who’s slightly different from the popular interpretation.

However, a change like that will certainly have ripples on the rest of the hero’s legend. In other to properly establish this twist, I need to comprehend those deviations and rationalize them to myself.

What impact does Lleu Llaw Gyffes being female have on her story?

1. None. Genderbend just for the sake of genderbending.
    2. Lleu was born a girl but was raised as a boy in order to ascend the throne of Gwynedd
    3. Arianrhod rejected and cursed Lleu because she was born a girl
    4. Arianrhod’s curses took away Lleu’s symbols of masculinity (A name, weapons, and a wife) causing him to become a girl.
    5. Lleu was originally a man but was reborn as a woman after being struck by Gronw
    6. Other [Write-In]

Now that I have decided to summon Lleu as a Caster, I also need to sort out the mechanical details.

That is to say, the abilities of the Servant.

Unfortunately, I do not have full control over a Servant’s abilities. Otherwise, I’d give them EX in every parameter and give them 50 EX Skills.

That said, I do have some influence over the final result within a range of reason. I can somewhat prioritize certain parameters over others or pick skills that I think would suit the Hero I’m going for. It all depends on my image of the heroic spirit.

How does this Servant fight?

What kind of abilities does she have?

In other words, I need to decide on a build for the Servant.

I need to start with an image of what I want them to do and go from there.

What kind of build do I want Caster to have?

1. Pure Wizard: Prioritize magecraft-based abilities and MGI over other abilities
    2. Mystic Warrior: Balance between magical and physical abilities with a preference for combat abilities
    3. Undying Mage: Prioritize END and defensive abilities over STR and AGI
    4. Magical Trickster: Prioritize AGI and dexterous abilities over STR and END
    5. Otherworldly King: Prioritize LCK and leader-type abilities over physical abilities
    6. No bias: Let the Servant’s abilities come forth naturally

Note: You can’t choose the ranks of the Servant’s parameters or skills, but the build you pick will have some effect on those. Beyond that, it will be naturally determined based on the Servant’s own legend and feats.

Now then, it’s time to choose the Servant’s skills.

These are the peripheral abilities that flesh out a Servant’s kit beyond their core concept.

They are not only powers that the Servant can use but also crystallizations of the Servant’s legend. Some may even affect the legend itself, so I have to choose carefully.

Choose 3 Personal skills from below to give your Servant:

-> Charisma: A composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Lleu Llaw Gyffes was known as a good ruler of Ardudwy and later took the throne of Gwynedd. This skill is a representation of his leadership abilities. It raises the abilities of allies during a group battle.

-> Shapeshift: The ability to change one’s body and appearance. After being struck by Gronw’s spear, Lleu transformed into an eagle and flew away.

-> Illusion Arts: Magecraft for the use of beguilement. It denotes the excellence in the art of illusion within the field of magecraft. Lleu learned this type of magecraft from her uncle Gwydion who once used it to conjure a fleet of warships in order to trick Arianrhod.

-> Throwing: An expertise for throwing projectile weapons. From youth, Lleu demonstrated great skill with projectiles when she precisely sniped a small bird, hence her name of Llaw Gyffes, the Skillful Hand.

-> Clairvoyance: A visual ability that connotes superior visual perception and dynamic occipital capture. It is useful for scouting and can supplement the long-range aiming of projectile weapons. At high ranks, it is also the mark of a grand magus, allowing for special abilities such as precognition or other forms of perception.

-> High-Speed Incantation: The ability to speak magical incantations at an accelerated speed. A skill Lleu learned from Gwydion who was not only a powerful magician but also a great bard.

-> Enchant: A skill that causes concept endowment towards weapons, also called ‘Literary Masterpiece Endowment’. Through magecraft and poetry, it allows Lleu to add powerful functions to other’s important items, potentially strengthening her Master or even crating Noble Phantasms. It can be considered the true power of a bard, which Lleu learned from Gwydion.

-> Disengage: The ability to withdraw from the battlefield in the midst of combat or reset the battle conditions. It is the skill with which Lleu escaped after Gronw nearly struck her with a spear and nearly killed her.

-> Riding: The ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Depending on its rank, it allows its user to ride vehicles and mounts with an instinctual skill even if that vehicle did not exist in their era. Lleu was said to have been trained to be able to ride every horse, hence this skill even outside the Rider class.

-> Beauty of Trouble with Women: A talent for encountering trouble with women due to their beautiful appearance. A self-awareness that has reached the level of a curse.

-> Other [Write-In]

Note: You can write-in other Skills to pick from, but if it's a custom Skill, please make sure to clearly describe what it is, what it does, and how it relates to the hero. The 3 Skills with the most votes will be chosen.

4. Arianrhod’s curses took away Lleu’s symbols of masculinity (A name, weapons, and a wife) causing him to become a girl.

2. Mystic Warrior: Balance between magical and physical abilities with a preference for combat abilities

Skills:

Shapeshift

Throwing

Disengage

Otherwise, I’d give them EX in every parameter and give them 50 EX Skills.
    Peak CaS behaviour. '-' :-P

Blog Entries
    true

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Skill: Beauty of Trouble with Women (a girl having this Skill will be fun), High-Speed Incantation (fast tongue), Throwing (skilled hand)

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mystic Warrior: Balance between magical and physical abilities with a preference for combat abilities

Skills:

Throwing
    Disengage
    Enchant
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    Mystic Warrior: Balance between magical and physical abilities with a preference for combat abilities

Skills:

Throwing
    Disengage
    Enchant
    Will +1 this instead.

Blog Entries
    5. Lleu was originally a man but was reborn as a woman after being struck by Gronw.
    (After being fatally struck, Lleu is constantly shedding rotten flesh from his former human self in what is implied to be the Underworld so it could be cool to interpret that as something similar to Arcueid whereby in order to cheat death, Lleu had to have a new human body but in order to be quick, Gwydion constructed a hastily made body that happened to be female.)

3. Undying Mage: Prioritize END and defensive abilities over STR and AGI.
    (Lleu is stated to be someone who "always invited attacks" due to their conditional invincibility which tracks with his personality displayed in the Mabinogion so I see him - or *her* in this case as a "Stone Wall" type fighter. Cocky and headstrong in her ability to tank anything the other Servants throw at her.)

Choose 3 Personal skills to give your Servant:

• Shapeshift (A curiosity is that every other character in the Mabinogion who changes appearance is said to do so either through their own magic or a magical object such as Gwydion's wand....except for Lleu for some reason. Therefore it would be interesting to have it be some kind of special trait unique to Lleu.)
    • Other [Write-In] - "Alluring Euphony" (A somewhat generic Skill given to several different Servants. Lleu being the possessor of the "golden pipes" gives me this image of a Servant and Master pair walking through the city at night, only to hear a lonely karaoke song being sung, lured towards it they find Lleu standing solemnly on a rooftop - singing "baka mitai" as she awaits her opponents to arrive, upon which she cheerfully introduces herself in cute animu-girl style.)
    • Other [Write-In] - "Heart of the Lion" (Richard's Skill from Fake Strange, applicable due to the alternate name used for Lleu, "Llew" which means "Lion" and represents her fearless nature to never back down from an opponent. According to Richard's Profile it "invokes fear and wariness into enemies and raises the morale of allies.")

1. None. Genderbend just for the sake of genderbending.

I don't want to associate gender transition with a curse or similar negative experience - I've certainly criticised TM enough for some of their unfortunate choices in that regard. I also don't want to erase Arianrhod's pain and anger at what was done to her by changing the reason why she didn't want anything to do with Lleu, though. I could go for option 2, but that feels a bit too reminiscent of Saber.

In the end, I'm going to take the radical stance that women should be seen as just as much of a neutral choice as men and pick 1. XD

As for build and Skills:

1. Pure Wizard: Prioritize magecraft-based abilities and MGI over other abilities

Shapeshift: The ability to change one’s body and appearance. After being struck by Gronw’s spear, Lleu transformed into an eagle and flew away.
    High-Speed Incantation: The ability to speak magical incantations at an accelerated speed. A skill Lleu learned from Gwydion who was not only a powerful magician but also a great bard.
    Disengage: The ability to withdraw from the battlefield in the midst of combat or reset the battle conditions. It is the skill with which Lleu escaped after Gronw nearly struck her with a spear and nearly killed her.

I just think a classical wizard would be fun to play, with both defensive and offensive options available to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    5. Lleu was originally a man but was reborn as a woman after being struck by Gronw.
    (After being fatally struck, Lleu is constantly shedding rotten flesh from his former human self in what is implied to be the Underworld so it could be cool to interpret that as something similar to Arcueid whereby in order to cheat death, Lleu had to have a new human body but in order to be quick, Gwydion constructed a hastily made body that happened to be female.)

3. Undying Mage: Prioritize END and defensive abilities over STR and AGI.
    (Lleu is stated to be someone who "always invited attacks" due to their conditional invincibility which tracks with his personality displayed in the Mabinogion so I see him - or *her* in this case as a "Stone Wall" type fighter. Cocky and headstrong in her ability to tank anything the other Servants throw at her.)

Choose 3 Personal skills to give your Servant:

• Shapeshift (A curiosity is that every other character in the Mabinogion who changes appearance is said to do so either through their own magic or a magical object such as Gwydion's wand....except for Lleu for some reason. Therefore it would be interesting to have it be some kind of special trait unique to Lleu.)
    • Other [Write-In] - "Alluring Euphony" (A somewhat generic Skill given to several different Servants. Lleu being the possessor of the "golden pipes" gives me this image of a Servant and Master pair walking through the city at night, only to hear a lonely karaoke song being sung, lured towards it they find Lleu standing solemnly on a rooftop - singing "baka mitai" as she awaits her opponents to arrive, upon which she cheerfully introduces herself in cute animu-girl style.)
    • Other [Write-In] - "Heart of the Lion" (Richard's Skill from Fake Strange, applicable due to the alternate name used for Lleu, "Llew" which means "Lion" and represents her fearless nature to never back down from an opponent. According to Richard's Profile it "invokes fear and wariness into enemies and raises the morale of allies.")
    +1

Makes Sense.

Blog Entries
    Impact:
    3 was what attracted me to the genderbend as a conceptual fit, so going with that.

Build:
    2. Mystic Warrior

As for skills...
    - Shapeshift
    - Enchant
    - Beauty of Trouble With Women

The first two feel like they fit the most as a Caster while the last one does sum up their life pretty well.

...Also just, kyaaaa.

Signature by fumato

Impact:
    3 was what attracted me to the genderbend as a conceptual fit, so going with that.

Build:
    2. Mystic Warrior

As for skills...
    - Shapeshift
    - Enchant
    - Beauty of Trouble With Women

The first two feel like they fit the most as a Caster while the last one does sum up their life pretty well.

...Also just, kyaaaa.
    Ah, well, since most seem to want to go with a Mystic Warrior build, +1 to this.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    changed mine to Sunny's