10 20.83%
  • PHH Morgan

3 6.25%
  • Tezcatlipoca

19 39.58%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Crypter Servant

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Xiang Yu is a beautiful horse monster and looks better than most FGO servants

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    looks better than most FGO servants
    Well you got this part right

Blog Entries
    Pepe and Ash are the messiest bitches I've ever seen. Also, Ash is legitimately the best thing to have ever happened to Karna's character. LB4 was mid, but he and Lakshmi are the highlights that raise it to the level of mid.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    By the way, I'd actually replace "PHH Morgan" with "Baobhan Sith" for LB6. The Master battle you get with the Crypter in there is with Beryl commanding her, rather than Morgan. By all intents and purposes, that is the real "Servant-Crypter pair" of LB6.
    I suppose from one angle yeah, though I was thinking more literally "the Servant the Crypter summoned and has a contract with". If people hadn't already voted and I was making this poll from scratch I probably would make it Bob.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    It's almost decent that he appealed to her quite a bit with sadistic entertainments, but Beryl exploited and abused Sith too much for my liking. Then again, it's in-character for Beryl.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Beryl being an irredeemable piece of shit is his charm point.

Sort of? Well, I don't have too much love for him, but he's the type of character I imagine Nasu would actually execute quite well if he gave him some more proper characterization. He's generally well-portrayed in most of his appearances. Very suave, manipulative, yet strangely charming despite his obviously malicious tendencies. Problem is he's not really given enough exploration. A lone, sad flashback is about all he gets, and it doesn't serve to illustrate his peculiar way of thinking all that well regardless. He could've been so much more.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Seeing this thread got me thinking if all the cypters are fighting in HGW against each other who would come on top

I mean, if Kirsch is allowed his bullshit ancient astronomy magic then he might have a chance, but otherwise no one is beating Daybit. Not even the bootleg True Ancestor, most likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Link0306's Avatar
    Kadoc dies first tho

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    Seeing this thread got me thinking if all the cypters are fighting in HGW against each other who would come on top
    Actually, I'm working on a fic about something close to that. The Crypter-Servant plus their Lostbelt King in a battle royale without Chaldea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    I mean, if Kirsch is allowed his bullshit ancient astronomy magic then he might have a chance, but otherwise no one is beating Daybit. Not even the bootleg True Ancestor, most likely.
    Problem is his Magecraft needs an ideal environment to work, so I expect something a bit stronger than what Elmo Olga shows.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Tough choice, but I gotta go with Tez here slightly over Caenis.

There's a lot to say about them and smarter people than me have said them, so I'll just add that to me, they are an excellent example of Rocco Belfeban's ideal Master/Servant relationship.

I'll be honest, it felt like some of the writers didn't get the memo that the Crypter's Servant should be like, relevant?

Or at least, I can find no other way to explain why Ash and Masketta-Man are so underdeveloped compared to the other ones.
    More like Pepe and Qin (and Xiang Yu) stole so much air there wasn't any left.

US Friend Code
    Beryl being an irredeemable piece of shit is his charm point.

Sort of? Well, I don't have too much love for him, but he's the type of character I imagine Nasu would actually execute quite well if he gave him some more proper characterization. He's generally well-portrayed in most of his appearances. Very suave, manipulative, yet strangely charming despite his obviously malicious tendencies. Problem is he's not really given enough exploration. A lone, sad flashback is about all he gets, and it doesn't serve to illustrate his peculiar way of thinking all that well regardless. He could've been so much more.
    I really liked what we saw of Beryl, but it wasn't much. It's one of my few problems with LB6 that he really didn't get a lot of focus in it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    What happens if Beryl eats Daybit

He gets a sweet leather jacket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Think Imma say Caenis. The story cares about building her up through interactions with other Crypters before LB5 comes about. It makes her feel like she's part of the story proper and not just an obligatory character in an arc.
    When LB5 does come around she gets her time to shine and some good moments with Chadime that close out her character nicely. Her relationship with Chadime is just as weird as it needed to be.
    In second, I'd probably put Anastasia, I think her relationship with Kadoc is still the most solid among the Crypter-Servant pairs. And I'm not a guy that tends to like Servant relationships turned romantic. The fact we get to see Kadoc after the ordeal helps sell it too.
    Third would be Tezca, mostly because of the final fight with Daybit, he rly comes into his own there. Wish we could've seen more of him like that during the rest of LB7, a chapter where he was also pretty absent in given the accolades he had beforehand.

Lostbelt Morgan would've won out if she were eligeable, but alas, PHH Morgan gets an honourable mention for causing the entire LB6 storyline to happen with one action​.
    burn your dread you coward

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    In have no idea how but Kadoc wins. His protag energy is too strong, that character development isn't getting cut short mid-way through the war.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Weren't the Crypters supposed to be fighting each other for supremacy of their own Lostbelt in "an unprecedented quest for the Holy Grail"?
    Isn't that technically a Holy Grail War? Only with White Earth as its playground instead of a single city?
    burn your dread you coward

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Link0306's Avatar
    It is funny (and disappointing) how none of the Crypters lostbelts actually came into conflict with each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah well I guess there was Beryl sabotaging Olympus though

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Weren't the Crypters supposed to be fighting each other for supremacy of their own Lostbelt in "an unprecedented quest for the Holy Grail"?
    Isn't that technically a Holy Grail War? Only with White Earth as its playground instead of a single city?
    That's the story they were fed. Kadoc and Ophelia took it seriously, Akuta was too busy trying to get laid, Pepe didn't see himself with any winning chances, and Kirschtaria, Beryl, and Daybit knew it was bullshit from the start.

US Friend Code
    Honestly, Beryl wouldn't even want to get resurrected at all if there's no Mash around.