3 6.25%
  • Tezcatlipoca

19 39.58%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Crypter Servant

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    In have no idea how but Kadoc wins. His protag energy is too strong, that character development isn't getting cut short mid-way through the war.
    This should be the next 24-episode FGO anime

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kadoc and Mandricardo's Bogus Journey.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TresserT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    That's the story they were fed. Kadoc and Ophelia took it seriously, Akuta was too busy trying to get laid, Pepe didn't see himself with any winning chances, and Kirschtaria, Beryl, and Daybit knew it was bullshit from the start.
    Pepe probably knew it was bullshit too because Mind Reading. He knew about the whole Kirschtaria clearing out the 7 singularities thing, and could understand Daybit.

While Ophelia was uninformed, she also was definifely not taking the conflict seriously. She saw the exchange between Wodime and the Alien God using her eye, and knew this was all for getting the AG a body. She was Wodime's back up plan in case he died partway through.

Really if was just Kadoc who had no information at all. Which, while not heavily explored in story, is for me one of the big mysteries of FGO. There was zero reason for Kadoc to be part of the A team and he was never included in any of their behind the scenes shennanigans. It's been made very evident that Marisbury chose each of them for specific reasons, not just general power- Daybit, for example, was chosen because he knew the "shape of the universe" and Beryl was chosen because he had both the power and the will to kill the other members should they abandon their mission. There's not much reason given as to why Marisbury would chose a completely unexceptional, generic mage for his plans.
    Last edited by TresserT; February 26th, 2023 at 05:19 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Was that how it went with Ophelia? As I remembered it, she saw Kirschtaria negotiating with CHALDEAS to revive the other Crypters instead of just him, and out of gratitude for that, partook in the competition with no hopes of winning, wanting instead to eliminate threats to Kirschtaria. Also, her eye makes her the expert in seeing simulated futures, so she was the first to theorize about how the Fantasy Trees worked, and her theories proved immensely helpful to Kirschtaria, and later Kadoc, and later Sion.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Link0306's Avatar
    That's how I remember it too yeah

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well... I lust for Tez and Morgan as one should... And I want to do so many mean things to Lanling just to see him cry since I've cried enough for him too that such a cool Servant was so under-utilized in his own LB so it's only fair I wanna get back...

But yeah, Crypter Servants came and gone but Anastasia always remained The Waifu™ in my heart.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TresserT View Post
    Pepe probably knew it was bullshit too because Mind Reading. He knew about the whole Kirschtaria clearing out the 7 singularities thing, and could understand Daybit.
    Pepe knew more than he let on (by the time you meet him in LB6), but he actually had to figure it out. He has a moment with Kirschtaria and Kadoc where he essentially comes to a realization about Sirius Light, so he had to actually puzzle it together himself. He wasn't "in the know" from the beginning, like the aforementioned last 3 Crypters were.

Kirschtaria was in the know. He was Marisbury's closest confidant and apprentice. According to Daybit, he would reveal the truth about CHALDEAS if he'd been last rather than Daybit, so there's little doubt about that.
    Beryl was in the know somewhat. He knew about the Sirius Lights' true function, and how to activate them. That said, he probably didn't know more than he needed to, because he has some realization about what it means to be a Crypter or whatever after he's resurrected.
    Daybit was in the know. Marisbury literally told him his plan.

All the other ones weren't really in the know. Maybe, maybe Akuta, but she probably didn't care.

Why didn't Marisbury just give all the Sirius Lights to Akuta and have her blow herself up 7 times /jk

- - - Updated - - -

Also was it explained how Marisbury knew there would be 7 Singularities that would need to be cleared? Maybe he figured it out thanks to Romani's vision of the Incineration of Humanity?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Link0306 View Post
    Also was it explained how Marisbury knew there would be 7 Singularities that would need to be cleared? Maybe he figured it out thanks to Romani's vision of the Incineration of Humanity?
    Of course it hasn't been explained. Don't be silly! It's a principal mystery. That said, no. Marisbury did not see the plot of Goetia coming. Daybit says as much. Their plan was perfect all the way up until Lev threw Olga into CHALDEAS. Goetia had outwitted Marisbury at that point.

"Okay, but then how in the hell could there be seven Singularities regardless?" Well, isn't that the question? This is a classic case of red herring, imo. There would be contradictions born from Marisbury knowing about the Singularities of Goetia. The way Marisbury is referring consistently to these Singularities as making up the "Restoration of Human Order" makes it pretty clear that Nasu wants you to conflate them with what happens in Part 1, since that's what your mission to undo the Incineration is called. But in there lies a clue. He NEVER calls it the Incineration. Because he doesn't know about that. What Marisbury calls a "Restoration" is not the same as the plot of Part 1.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    There could've been eight SL in theory. Mash was supposed to be fitted with SL too. But then, Beryl of all people was completely against it and refuse to do his work, so Marisbury left her alone. So I think the similar count between SLs and the Singularities is just happy coincidence.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    There could've been eight SL in theory. Mash was supposed to be fitted with SL too. But then, Beryl of all people was completely against it and refuse to do his work, so Marisbury left her alone. So I think the similar count between SLs and the Singularities are just happy coincidence.
    Very doubtful. After all, they're said to be used for the purpose of this so-called "Restoration", which involves these Singularities. If there had been 8 Singularities, he'd have prepared 8. It's more likely that with Mash not having the Sirius Light engraved on her, someone else took up her duty (Kadoc?) That is probably why the A-Team has that weird structure of 7 Crypters + Mash.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Oh... that actually makes sense. But if it's true, poor Kadoc getting roped up as substitute while remembering his complex during early story makes it sadder.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    He NEVER calls it the Incineration. Because he doesn't know about that. What Marisbury calls a "Restoration" is not the same as the plot of Part 1.
    Very doubtful. After all, they're said to be used for the purpose of this so-called "Restoration", which involves these Singularities.
    Wait... was he planning to send the Crypters to the Lostbelts to begin with?
    Well, not exactly the Lostbelts, but to the Singularity point that originated them? Da Vinci did describe Lostbelts as a Singularity that just kept on going.
    Apparently us destroying the lostbelts is aiding his plan so maybe he never planned for them to develop so much to begin with. If we're following this train of thought, you could say it's suspiscious that the Alien God had seven Lostbelts ready to pin on Earth, considering there was no reason for seven of them before the deal with Kirsch.

US Friend Code
    I'm liking this train of thought. It always seemed odd to me that he'd have known the precise number of Singularities, but if they weren't the same​ Singularities it makes more sense.

The 7 real singularities are gonna be on CHALDEAS, that's the next arc after Ordeal Call

Very doubtful. After all, they're said to be used for the purpose of this so-called "Restoration", which involves these Singularities. If there had been 8 Singularities, he'd have prepared 8. It's more likely that with Mash not having the Sirius Light engraved on her, someone else took up her duty (Kadoc?) That is probably why the A-Team has that weird structure of 7 Crypters + Mash.
    alternatively, we start counting Fuyuki as a 8th

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If anything, it'd be Solomon. Fuyuki is an anomaly as far as Goetia is concerned.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Marisbury might've prepared the singularities and Goetia then hijacked them to gather the bands of light. That would explain why not only the number matches up, but also the fact they appear to be the same singularities.
    As for why Marisbury would do that... Dunno... It's another million dollar question.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Oh... that actually makes sense. But if it's true, poor Kadoc getting roped up as substitute while remembering his complex during early story makes it sadder.
    Perfectly in line with his story if anything.
    I rly don't want him to die... but that Sirius Light plot thread dangling over him is very much not pleasant.
    burn your dread you coward

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TresserT's Avatar
    There's no way Marisbury planned for the Crypters to handle the 7 Lostbelts because there were never supposed to be 7 Lostbelts to begin with. All other theorizing aside, we do know that the Alien God only planned for 1 Lostbelt to be created, Wodime's. Wodime had to beg for the other 6 Crypters to be revived, and even then the Apostles took action to make sure Wodime's would be the winner regardless. Unless you think Wodime was in on it with Marisbury there was no reason to believe 7 Lostbelts would ever appear beforehand.

Pepe knew more than he let on (by the time you meet him in LB6), but he actually had to figure it out. He has a moment with Kirschtaria and Kadoc where he essentially comes to a realization about Sirius Light, so he had to actually puzzle it together himself. He wasn't "in the know" from the beginning, like the aforementioned last 3 Crypters were.

Kirschtaria was in the know. He was Marisbury's closest confidant and apprentice. According to Daybit, he would reveal the truth about CHALDEAS if he'd been last rather than Daybit, so there's little doubt about that.
    Beryl was in the know somewhat. He knew about the Sirius Lights' true function, and how to activate them. That said, he probably didn't know more than he needed to, because he has some realization about what it means to be a Crypter or whatever after he's resurrected.
    Daybit was in the know. Marisbury literally told him his plan.

All the other ones weren't really in the know. Maybe, maybe Akuta, but she probably didn't care.
    Fair points. I was thinking "in the know" as in "knows more info than they let on" but that's a lot broader than "knew about Marisbury's plan before the Lostbelt arc began."

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But if they only planned on the one, why go out and recruit 7 all star Masters (and make an 8th yourself), let alone the other 40-ish who died in Levs attack?

Sure you could say they were expendable pawns, but why go through the process of finding them, bribing them, and bringing them to the Antarctic if you're just going to throw them away?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.