Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Springtime Animu(sphere), circa 2023 CE/AD: new season, more JP cartoons

US Friend Code
    Well, Jigokuraku and Tengoku Daimakyo started off with an absolute blast. I can't wait to see what's in store for Tengoku, this looks absolutely gorgeous and mysterious.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Heavenly Delusion looks great; I'm interested in what's going down. Post-apocalypse setting? Mysterious school of young geniuses? Maru-kun taking incredible damage from his dense bodyguard neesan? Let's go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou is apparently tagged as ecchi. Is this true and how so?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Magical Girl Destroyers ep 1: Damn this show is a riot (a term I'm sure Anarchy would appreciate). Otaku persecution narratives are honestly kind of cringey but this carries itself with enough infectious energy that it doesn't matter. I have to say though that while it's obviously intentional the first and second halves of the episode kind of feel they're from two different shows.

The first is an ostensibly grounded and self-serious tale (with the humor coming from how that contrasts the goofy otaku elements) about embattled rebels standing up against a totalitarian state, while the second half is pure superpowered fantasy. It makes you wonder why Hero was angsting so much about being unable to lead and worrying over mundane details like supply-lines if Anarchy alone is enough to seemingly solo basically the entire national army. Or heck, why Hero to inspire and lead the otaku is even necessary when they seem totally extraneous next to Anarchy who could stomp the enemy forces on her own.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Tengoku: Unsurprisingly, the innkeeper bit it. Wild how Maru has Zabaniya. Lol at the crocodile gag. It makes sense that the sheltered schoolkids would be horny, but I still wonder who's sending the texts. Given Kiruko's behavior, I guess he's the dead little brother using his sister's body somehow?
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    New Anime Impression Part 1 or ???:

My Home Hero: Japanese Death Wish with no compelling charactres or hook. Pass.

Clueless First Friend: I like the idea of someone thinking all those spooky bulling nicknames are awesome and wanting in on it. Keep Up For Now.

Isekai Aristocrat: Why does the guy always run like a coward the monute he stabs Isekai Man? This is what you've been trying to do. Super Bland, Pass.

Dangers in My Heart: Finally a romcom for incels! Pass.

Yamada at Lvl999: Ok this is right up my aisle. Shoujo as hell romcom. Easy Pick Up.

Hell's Paradise: Wow almost 20 minutes in for it to turn hard fantasy. Interesting characters, compelling hooks. Another Easy Pick Up.

Heavenly Delusion: In order: Oh neat, a 20-30 year post apocalypse story. Wierd thing about the VR earlier. THE FUCK IS THAT BIRD!? Forget the rape brigade, what about that bird? HOLY SHIT LASERS! This is just Anime Last of Us isn't it?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Kimetsu S3: basically watching Heaven's Feel every week.

Blog Entries
    DMDP: Actually looked pretty decent. Hope this studio keeps up with the production quality.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    New Shows Reactions Pt2:

Cheat Skill in 2 Worlds: Wow, Boiler plate isekai and farcical misery parade. It's a two-fer.

Alice Gear Aegis: What the actual hell is this? Is it a sequel to something and that's why nothing was explained? it feels like episode 9 of some SoL comedy, so they assumed everyone knew what was going on. All I could tell is that it's made by Kotobukia since they plastered their logo all over the place and one character had a handful of gunpla tools as a weapon.

Skip and Loaf: Girl why the fuck are you running barefoot on a city street? That's how you get feet full of glass. Endearing charcters though. Keeping up on this one.

Kizuna Ai: Wait why are there two Ops? Are really a JP V-Tuber if you don't unintentionally say slurs in English? If someone keeps watching this, I'd love to know if Kizuna Ai left the world to give birth to twins who then go one to avenge her death. In all truth, this show reeks of a company wanting some of that hololive/Nijisanji money and trying to toss out an anime as an alternative to getting a good roster of talent.

KamiKatsu: I'm torn here. One one hand Isekai by bara and the resulting low magic setting is fun. On the other, those monsters are atrocious.It's odd because everything else looks good, except the animals. I'll probably keep up with it and laugh my ass off every time something with four legs shows up. I hope the drunk got rezzed too.

Cafe Terrace: Less than 1 minute to cheesecake. Shameless harem comedy. But that blonde is really hot, and I'm only human.

Rokudo's Bad Girls: Just three guys hanging out in a toliet stall talking about girls thighs. Completely normal. Wait, is this entire premise based off of Oni/Onna? I just wish the art style actually appealed to me.

Ops.Colors: I was going to question how Google Glass lets you smell things, but I guess it dosn't amtter since now holograms are full sense with no needed cybernetics, so hard light is a thing. Oh it's an idol show.

Hero is Dead: Wow this OP is having fun. What is it with all the thighs this season?

One hit Kill Sister: Is this guy waiting for AC6, or is he from 10 years ago when the last Armoured Core came out?

Galaxy Next Door: The large age gap between the children here, makes me think that originally it was supposed to be a widower. Nice Kigu's though.

Sisters in Love: OP should be Gold Digger.

World Dai Star: I miss Kageki Shoujo. And Revue Starlight. ED is fire though. Might keep up with it just for that.

Isekai Round 2: Men get swords, women get magic. Good old magical sexual dimorphism. If Childhood friend isn't the big bad, I'll be really disappointed.

Otaku Elf: Carnival Phantasm Medea, without Kuzuki around.

Mashle: I'd heard people doom saying but the only thing that threw me off was the name plates being tritoned.

Marginal Service: Men in Black meets the Village People.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I'd love to know if Kizuna Ai left the world to give birth to twins who then go one to avenge her death.
    Lol. I tried Goddess Terrace Cafe a couple of days ago, but it didn't stick.

Ancient Magus Bride: Looks great. I only remember the broad strokes of last season, but Chise being on the other foot for once of someone passing out is quality comedy. And interesting character growth.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Banned
    Blog Entries
    KamiKatsu unironically use loli foot sweat with wine as "holy water".

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    How riské is too riské?
    burn your dread you coward

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Oshi no Ko: THAT WAS JUST PERFECT THEY FUCKING KILLED EVERY SECOND OF IT YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSS

- - - Updated - - -

THE BAKING SODA LICKING
    THE PERFORMANCES
    THE AI IMPACT FRAME
    THE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART FOR THOSE END STILLS CAPTURING MENGO'S GLORY

- - - Updated - - -

We are Blessed on this day.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    How riské is too riské?
    Did this before watching the episode, since I could only watch it now.

Must say that was a masterful display. Got every emotion out of me even though I already knew what was coming.
    Couple of differences, the biggest one being the smash cuts to the future and the vignettes about "15 Years of Lies", but it made sense since they decided to make a 90-minute behemoth to cover the entire prologue, so it flows better without those scenes.
    We'll probably see them later, they might just being saved for when the story catches up to that point in the timeline.
    It had an amazing look, though a slightly different approach from the manga, when the art wants to pop out, it fucking pops out holy shit.

Hard recommend, and I make Raff's words my own.
    Last edited by TomPen94; April 12th, 2023 at 07:33 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I assume Oshi's first ep was today. And if I remember right it's also one of, if not the, last shows to start airing this season.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    OSHI NO KO OSHI NO KO OSHI NO KO
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Had zero expectations for Oshi no Ko since I didn't read it, and the synopsis sounded asinine, but it was actually pretty good. Will definitely keep watching.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Insomiacs After School is Call of the Night without vampires or vibes. Good but not "blow you away".

How Reallailla ended at the Dukes Mansion is a mouthful, but I'm kind of interested in this melodrama version of Bakarina.

Magical Destroyers wasn't very good, but the ED has me very intrigued. MC as a traitor I expected, but the whole thing falling apart halfway though isn't something you see often.

Dead Mount Death Parade is a reverse Overlord, But I've always been a sucker for isekai into our world.

I don't know about Ao no Orchestra. I feel like I've seen it before, only this time the dead parent is a deadbeat.

1:22 Oshi no Ko?! You can wait until I have literally nothing else to watch.

And that's every first episode of new things this season.
    Last edited by Mattias; April 14th, 2023 at 01:01 AM.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    1:22 Oshi no Ko?! You can wait until I have literally nothing else to watch.
    Mods can we ban this guy? This disrespect cannot stand.