Thread: Your favourite your fanfics

Blog Entries

Your favourite your fanfics

—A mindlessly self-indulgent corollary to Left's Your favourite fanfics thread.

Simply put. Many of you will be fortunate enough to have (past perfect) written fanfics. Some of you will be unfortunate enough to have read (past imperfect) the fanfics that you had written. To have read them more recently, that is. To have read what you wrote 6 years ago, yesterday.

(The hell of great screaming.)

It is a good cringe that you feel, all told—assuming you feel it—because it is the feeling of stupidity leaving your body.

But sometimes it doesn't happen. Sometimes things actually work out. Sometimes you react like a character in Shimeji Simulation, "You know, I might actually be pretty good." Indeed you might; you're not a cute girl like her, but—well, on the internet no-one can tell.

Anyway. The point of this thread: post the fan ficcione, as it were, that you have written, up to now, that you are most actually, legitimately, proud of having had written (past perfect). Please give a reason, lest this turn into an even more transparent excuse for a self-rec thread than it already is.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I was pretty funny, actually. I finished too, which is a great feel. I even came in second in the contest. I should put more ideas to text.
    Even unfinished, I still laugh at most of the gags from this one too.

- - - Updated - - -

...why are all of my completed works lemons and memes.
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; March 8th, 2023 at 09:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    It truly does say a lot about your society.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I actually still like many of the fics I've written? Most of them have at least something which I thought I did well and will be sure to reuse somewhere else. I think I'm particularly proud of "A Rondo of Fools", though: I think I managed to write engaging characters who grappled with philosophical issues / their own internal conflicts / both in a manner which still felt dynamic and fun to read.

That said, I'm probably prouder of the fics I wrote for others' characters exactly because it feels like I did those characters justice, but those fics are not posted here, so I won't talk about them.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    My favourite fics that I have written is Candis' 721 and ConVERSE. The first one is a simple romance story that I think managed to capture the feeling of having a date with your crush, and the inner conflict that entails with it. The second one is a dumb comedy of three mages that not only some of my readers calls it my best work, it also makes me, the creator, still laugh reading it to this day.

But all of them requires reading my main work, a Quest called Fate/ConQUEST, which shows a lot of my early incompetence as someone new in writing fictions.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Even though on a technical and structural level it's the worst thing I've ever written (with my best topping out at mediocre and clunky), I'd have to say Lancer Gets Serious is still my favourite thing I ever wrote. Just because I actually managed, among the hastily-written barely-planned cringe-inducing chapters, to find a seam and turn it into an overarching theme that worked and brought the story to a conclusion I was satisfied with. Plus, it was the first thing I ever wrote and writing it probably decided the direction of my life without me ever realizing.

Blog Entries
    As for me, since I'm theoretically obliged to participate, it's The Claim. A failure like the rest, but probably the only thing I've written which makes me feel an emotion other than vague disgust and regret.
    Last edited by Dullahan; March 9th, 2023 at 12:55 AM.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

I only write kino

Slightly more seriously, any piece of writing that manages to escape the purgatory of eternal WIP is good enough in my book, but the feeling of writing the fanfic formerly known as Untitled in a flawless state of positivity and enjoyment is a high I will chase for the rest of my life. The Jeweller's Hands may be more technically accomplished but I would sacrifice 100 BL virgins to make the process of fanfic writing actually fun.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I've never wrote Nasuverse fanfic, so I hope I'm not being wrong by posting about my carreer as ficwriter here or anything...

I won't post links because frankly, I think I speak with property when I say that no one wants to read things that ain't in English. But I have some good stories I remember fondly, yeah.

The first is a gothic Victorian romance story called Bavarois (the title makes sense in context, I swear) I wrote back when I was at highschool because I wanted train both my "flowery language" and writing in 1st person, which I hated. It was so, SO full of pretty prose, I never managed to replicate that miracle a second time. Het romance because I was young and naive, though... A grumpy young lord in a family full of dark secrets and an ingenue maid that got tangled in these schemes, pretty standart stuff, but man did the characters carried that story. I still think I peaked in protagonists with that girl... She was so fucking metal. It was one fucked up thing after another thrown at her face (and not even mentioning her horrible past) and yet nothing stopped her in the slightest. She said "I CAN FIX THIS MAN" and fix him she did. I miss being able to pump out a chapter a day like when I was writing this story. Incidentaly the story ended up with, like, 70 chapters. IMMA NEVER DO THIS AGAIN.

The second story I'm rather proud of is a medieval-ish magic fantasy romance this time, I wrote it during COVID. It started as a friend's prompt for a DnD campaign that got out of hand and became a story of its own about an evil sorceress who terrorized the world with her dark magic but was one day defeated by the big hero and legends say they both perished during their battle... But surprise, she actually lived. Though she was badly hurt and had to be nursed back to health by a gentle villager girl who may or may not know what she's doing. What this evil sorceress knows though is that she kinda liked this peaceful life of cottagecore retirement in anonymity milking goats, tending to gardens and realizing she kinda loves this girl now and wants to keep her safe from the evil she helped sow in the world and that is now out of control without both the sorceress and the hero to keep it at bay. It was so good, I had a blast constantly unveiling new details about this universe. I love fantastic stories, man.

I have some others I really love, but these are like the ones that always comes to my mind because I truly was having fun writing them.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Ah.... Worm Grand Order... It was a product of my University days as stress release. The website I posted it on was Sufficient Velocity, a website infected with a craze that stemmed from the Web Novel Worm. I was a young lad at the time that was enamored with Worm through osmosis. After all, when you start seeing fanfics writing from the same source, you'll eventually get curious and take a look yourself. That was the beginning of my tumble down the rabbit hole of Worm Fanfiction. I was also a... casual? fan of the Fate series. I was playing F:GO religiously and I still am to this day. And like any aspiring Fanfiction author, they think, "Huh, this would be a neat story crossover." It was... a night at a Video Game Club at my University. I wrote the first chapter and posted it with a sunshine in my heart. I wasn't anything good. I wrote Fanfiction in the past, but this is neither here nor there. People liked it. I will admit. I kept writing chapter after chapter, following the thoughts in my head. The return from Chaldea. The reintegration into Earth Bet. The Summoning of Hero. The Earlier Arrival of the Endbringers. The inevitable actions of Chaldea, but... none of the consequences properly conveyed and written.

It was mindless and wish fulfillment fun.

What made me go into hiatus was... I did not have a plan. Such is the thing really. Passion can motivate and compose entire masterpieces, but without a line of logic and reasoning and thought...

Wouldn't the story devolve into a pulp fiction?

Ever since the last chapter, Worm Grand Order has always been on my mind. "Maybe I can focus on the next chapter?", "Oh, perhaps I can steer the plot this way?", "I could just wait until the next Lore drop on FGO before I continue writing.", "I can't really convey my feelings with just words. I should learn how to draw first." Excuses. Over and over, excuses dragged my motivation from WGO farther and farther away in a bloodied body bag. "Aren't the Entities basically a Spiritron amalgamation of the countless alien species they ate?", "Can there be Beasts stemming from Alien Civilizations? Is the concept of Beasts restricted only to Humanity?", "Aren't the Superpowers in Worm basically Magecraft from an Outer Domain/Foundation from another World?" So many avenues of plotlines that I accumulated in my hiatus. "Maybe I can write it where the World of Worm can be broken away from the Fate Timeline.", "Instead of being the Endbringers, why not make them the Genesisbringers?", "Maybe the dead Entity will be alive again because Throne of Heroes shenanigans meeting Alien Shenanigans."

Until eventually.... my passion flickered and died. WGO stopped popping up in my train of thoughts. I forgotten when or why, but... It just stopped.

Am.... I proud of WGO? I guess so. Anyone should be proud of what they made, in jest or seriously.

Why I settled down and started writing Servant Sheets... I don't know. It just.... felt like fun. You know?

I don't recommend reading it though. The story is held together by my past headcanons, outdated fan theories, and retconned information (Thank you, Nasu.)

This was a load off my chest too. Thanks for making this thread. It helped me bring some closure to my life. I just hope my readers have moved on from WGO. Who knows? Maybe I'll post the next chapter in the far far future, if I can even remember half of the notes jotted down in my head.
    Last edited by SimpleScribe; March 10th, 2023 at 12:59 AM.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    I still like The Things You Hear. I can still get a few laughs out of it.
    Letters From Tohsaka though, that's definitely the best thing I wrote for the Nasuverse. I just with that I still had the time to create a full multi-chapter story. I still want to see a post-UBW 'rescuing the Matous from Zouken' fanfic, and I can't really write it under my current circumstances.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.