Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [FGO JP Event] White Day 2023: The Tale of Chaldea Heavy Industries

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    They really need to stop with these half-assed AoE Quick units. Seriously what's up with that.
    I think the prime offenders are Rikyuu, Huyan, Brito and now Takasugi, but I guess you could start from Charlemagne and include Tlaloc as well if you want (though I think these latter two are far more unique than the others).

Blog Entries
    Rikyu and Takasugi is in a different category from all other example because 2/3 of their skills are AoE and Targetable. They'd both be decent support units if only their third skill is also Targetable.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    They really need to stop with these half-assed AoE Quick units. Seriously what's up with that.
    Popular Japanese local figure+bishie ensures people pay despite his half-assed kit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    I think the prime offenders are Rikyuu, Huyan, Brito and now Takasugi, but I guess you could start from Charlemagne and include Tlaloc as well if you want (though I think these latter two are far more unique than the others).
    Charlie and Tlaloc are unique enough. The others are just bad.

JP Friend Code
    They know they can get away with it. People who like him will roll regardless of his kit, raise him to lv120 and put him up as a trophy. This is also a problem that I find it ironic since Mihoyo is doing the exact same thing with their new genshin units where you have beautiful designs, visuals and characterization but easily skippable in term of gameplay yet still managed to get simps and whales spending 4 digits of USD to roll. The only difference is the braindead genshin fandom goes on a riot when their favorites get mid or trash gameplay, something we don't see in FGO fandom at all (and that is a good thing).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Charlie and Tlaloc are unique enough. The others are just bad.
    Nah, Rikyuu is pretty cracked. Mainly because she's basically Quick Morgan.

To be fair, if gameplay was to always be an incentive to roll, you end up with Nier/FEH style powercreep where almost every new unit powercreeps a previous one, to the point where even reruns feel pointless because there'll just be something better up next. Aside from 90++ FGO really has no escalating content (no Nier towers/fate boards, no GBF-style raid progression), and farming has been the same for ages where even dogshit characters can do it, especially with the supports we have nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    Powercreep is more manageable in FGO because every now and then some old units will get buffs, which is rarely the case in other games.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the definition of powercreep in FGO is mostly just new shiny OP Supports that makes using other units easier, which is why reruns for these units is still profitable every time.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But those listed are actually usable for Quick setups in the same vein as the original good Quick loopers like Dantes, Lancelot, Parvati, and Valkyrie. Their biggest issue is more that Quick doesn't have as good a toolset/support list as the other card types when it comes to NP spamming since Arts got Saber Caster and Buster got Hikari, Yami, and Oberon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Just you wait, when Quick gets a shiny new OP support, it's over for everyone!

Honestly I couldn't care less about gameplay for new Servants as long as I like their character. I'll never use them if they're bad, but since when did that ever matter.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    From a 2016 player (lmao I was playing in high school and now im in master's degree and the first arc isn't over yet) I cannot even physically use every servant I have regularly anymore, anyway

Then ORT came along. I still didn't use all my Servants, but it was definitely a nice change of pace for me. Seeing all my OGs getting ORT'd felt nostalgic.

Blog Entries
    Tlaloc's kit is incredibly loaded though?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    With NP2 Rikyu I can confirm she's great, on part with Charlie for Quick looping but Zerker instead of Saber

Still, I don't expect another 50% Quick Up support anytime soon, but maybe something like Dark Koyan? Something like 30% Quick Up + 30% NP Gen Up + 30-50% NP charge would be sweet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Still, I don't expect another 50% Quick Up support anytime soon, but maybe something like Dark Koyan? Something like 30% Quick Up + 30% NP Gen Up + 30-50% NP charge would be sweet.
    Rikyu is already that (I won't stop shilling her), in addition to 2 stacks of overcharge and a starbomb.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    Tlaloc's kit is incredibly loaded though?
    I'm kinda disappointed in it tbh. She has a support passive and a support skill but the rest is selfish DPS. She would be so loaded if her Quick up was targetable and a budget support. She feels like they chickened out of making her broken because shes a 4*, and made her a half support half dps with all around good-okayish sets but nothing crazy. Her 2nd is amazing but the other two skills just help her be the mid farmer she ultimately ends up being unless you absolutely need a party ignore evade and some defense
    Last edited by Kirishima; March 20th, 2023 at 10:45 AM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TresserT's Avatar
    Sen is strong but it's mostly by virtue of her being a Berserker. She still follows the same formulaic skeleton that Huyan, Britomart, and Takasugi do. I think my disappointment is less about how powerful or weak recent Servants have been and more about how uninspired they've been. It:s not exclusive to Quick either- how many Spishtar clones with a niche and some form of minor utility have we gotten in the last year?

I want more Bazettes and Charlies or even Constantines and Johannas. Even if they're bad at least they do something different that's worth talking about.

Story Summary - Chapter 4: Farewell, Mr. President

We see a flashback to Takasugi during life, speaking to one Kusaka Genzui. Takasugi seems to be speaking ill of some other people, while Kusaka has apparently been told by their teacher, Yoshida, that he should rather work on his sincerity to affect these people. Well, says Takasugi, for all that sincerity, Yoshida had already been decapitated by the Shogunate for his actions. When the opposing party are fools, it doesn't matter what you do; you will never reach an agreement.

Takasugi tells Kusaka not to make any rash moves. He's almost finished assembling the Kiheitai, and they'll proceed then. However, Kusaka says it's already too late and they cannot wait any longer. He will go to the shogunate himself and demnad the expulsion of the foreign barbarians. Takasugi angrily dismisses his partner for that remark, to which the latter simply says one more thing: "If things go south, please take care of Chōshū". With that, Kusaka bids farewell and takes his leave.

A flashcard shows us a date, and event:
    August 20th (7th month, 19th day in the Genji era)
    Kuasaka Genzui's suicide during the Kinmon incident

Takasugi is shocked to hear the news of his friend passing. A retainer explains that Kusaka fought bravely against the shogunate, but remained powerless in the end, and was forced to take his own life. The retainer adds that it was a proud death, but Takasugi rebukes it. No matter how you try to twist it, this was a dog's death. He dismisses the retainer, and contemplates. He thinks about how foolish Kusaka was not to have heeded his words. He told him that there was no negotiating with these people. He thinks about how they slaughter whoever they please. How he's fed up with it. And he thinks, finally, that he knows that he'll have to go through with this on his own.

Cut back to the present in the Singularity, where Takasugi has explained to you how the business deal with Honnoji Products fell through. Okuni is amazed that he went out on a whim and somehow returned with more enemies than before, thinking he must be a total dumbass. Actually, speaking of...you demand Takasugi's resignations as president of Takasugi Heavy Industries. Guda will take over, and the company name will be changed to Chaldea Heavy Industries. Okuni points to the unauthorized spending of funds she discovered in the accounts, and demands an explanation, to which Takasugi says it'll be easier to show you, and begs you follow him.

You follow the surprisingly calm Takasugi to what appears to be the exact warehouse where the remains of the strange god were stored last time. Turns out, Takasugi has actually been working on making use of that thing again. However, this time there won't be a need to work out the kinks of using a core to activate it or anything; because this time, it has become Takasug's Noble Phantasm. But didn't he already have Kiheitai as his Noble Phantasm (as if Servants can't have more than one)? Well, the effect of Kiheitai is that it strengthens units by virtue of manifesting the most cutting-edge weaponry of an era. Originally, it seemed to have its limit at the armaments of the bakumatsu period, but since this is a Singularity, and thus set in the past, the strange god counts as a viable armament. In other words, he can now materialize the strange god, the most advanced weapon of this era, as part of his Kiheitai Noble Phantasm.

So that's how that's gonna work. Oh and also, he has something he needs to tell you all: you're fired. Also he won't pay Okuni's demanded pay because of a technicality. With this, Takasugi calls out to Arahabaki, and behind him the strange mechanical god immediately appears, laying down gunfire on all of you.

This is as far as he'll go with you. This is something he has to do alone. A shadow briefly envelops him, and once it dissipates, Takasugi has taken on a new appearance.

He clarifies that he doesn't actually want to get into a fight with you all. His one and only enemy has been Yoshida from the very beginning. So, he needs you to get out of his way. Arahabaki continues laying down gunfire, and you're forced to retreat. Once alone, Takasugi stands silent for a moment. In his mind, he addresses his former teacher:

Takasugi Shinsaku:

Whether I can accomplish anything on my own---I'll have to make you see for yourself.

At Yoshida HQ, they can see Arahabaki coming for them across the city. Kipposhi thinks Takasugi is becoming more interesting, which seems to hit a nerve with Yoshida. Either way, Yoshida says, it's time for them to open this country, no, this Singularity up. Emiya Alter reports that soldiers have been deployed, and since this is the first time seeing him here, Kipposhi berates Emiya for betraying you, but not like he's one to talk.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I'm going break the Shamisen of friendship over this guy's head...

AND PAY OKUNI'S MONEY YOU FREAKING CHEAPSKATE!!
    Last edited by mami-kouga; March 20th, 2023 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Here are all the Takasugi Login scenes.
    Updated with the final day.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

From the new CEs artists