Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Magus 2

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Crimes against living beings is the key to the future.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries

Profile:
    Candis Etherauletta the 9th scion of Etherauletta family, a very prestigious family in the Association that holds quite a significant political power. They are notably very rich even among the Association's standard, as they hold a monopoly on high-quality dragon relics and freely set an unreasonable market price. By the time of Dayfydd Etherauletta, her father, the family has become a major force with many subsidiary families all across the magical and mundane world alike, ready to mobilize at his call.

Candis is a natural born genius that blessed with the highest quality and quantity available for a magus, some even call her the second coming of Tohsaka Rin. She is expected to be very influential in the future, as she has been groomed to replace one of the Lord once they die (with all the implications) to expand the family influence even more. Naturally, Candis is pressured greatly from such expectations. By the time she graduated at 17 years old, she had been ranked Pride.

Although she have everything, the person herself is far from boastful. Very polite and reserved, often apologize even if she doesn't need to, and in general a sweetheart. She is a very kindhearted person that can't harm even an ant and celebrates every birthday of people she knows. Because of this, she won one of the yearly 'The Magus I want to date' polls that was held and voted by half of the student body.

Despite her popularity, she always felt really lonely. A classical talented princess archetype that many didn't see her as a person, but only as a prodigy. She attend her classes while feeling empty on the inside, cursing everything in her life deep down.

It was not until she met a girl of her age that decidedly calls her 'Canda', a nickname between peers, where her life begin to change for better or worse.

Magecraft:
    Fossilcraft
    A form of Necromancy that draws the mystic aspect of animal corpses, usually their skeletal remains. Instead of a magecraft with a single cultural root, it draws from the very belief of fossils as proof of mythical phenomenons as its formula; such as the existence of dragons, the Biblical flood, and Gorgon's petrified victims. Simply put, a fossil magecraft that imitates mythologies.

As the very nature of their magecraft, they collect many fossils related to the mystics all around the world. Other than having influences on paleontological sites, they also collect wyverns and wyrms corpses all around England such as the dragons of Bignor Hill, New Forest, and West Somerset, among others. Despite practically monopolizing high-quality materials, they are highly respected in the Association due to the fact their fast actions on seizing fossils play a role in keeping Mystery intact. Still, it's rumored that they are also gunning to acquire the Albion corpse in some way, but naturally, the Association will never give them permission.

Fossilcraft is deeply related to Mineralogy, Zoology and Botany faculty; as fossils are minerals formed from animals or plant remains. It is also related to Archaeology due to its relic nature. And because fossils are deeply tied with the scientific, the family started to consider diving in Modern Magecraft. Canda is more or less forced to take numerous classes at once.

Similar to the Edelfelt's Jewelcraft, most of Fossilcraft utilize Mystic Code and can be said to be reliant on them. Unlike jewels, however, the higher quality fossils tend to be massive and hard to be carried around. To compensate for this, the backpack Canda uses everywhere is secretly a protoceratops skull concealed inside as it functions as a 'pocket space' for her to store the fossils.

Because humanity's texture grows weaker and weaker the more underground, fossils, in general, have a high quality of mystery.

Spell List
    Below are samples of her fossil Mystic Codes:
    • Echinogerm
      Flying and homing-knives made from Echinodermata fossils. She hides the weapons as a necklace mystic code, and powerful enough to penetrate a car with enough momentum.
    • Protogryphon
      The skull of a protoceratops used as a shield and backpack. It draws on the mythical griffin's role as a protector of gold treasures and divines. It functions as something similar to a pocket space for her to carry other fossils. However, it is simply a Bounded Field that allows her to compress all the fossils into the most compact form possible instead of a teleporting treasury like a certain King of Heroes.
      • Protogryphon - Nehoshet
        The Protogryphon shield has been infused with bronze allowing Canda to draw the dragon aspect of the dinosaur. It can be linked with a griffin as bronze can be found in griffin's protected treasures. Bronze serpent is often used as an amulet, allowing her to resist an enemy's magical attack.
    • Dragorex
      The skull of a tyrannosaurus rex used as a flamethrower. It draws the mythical dragon role as a fire breathing terror widespread in Western mythology. Due to this, Dracorex can be evoked in almost every theropod. She can fire a pillar of flame from its mouth.
    • Gigantopython
      The entire body of an ancient snake - Gigantophis, used as a whip spear. It draws much mythical lore of python snakes such as the legendary Python, strength symbolism in Vodun, and protector deity in Ghana. The final one, in particular, is evoked to keep the fossil solid like a log, while evoking the more typical snake deity roles allow it to be elastic. It has a very powerful crushing power in both forms.
    • Dragon Blood
      A bank of dragon blood, a preserved relic of the Etherauletta family. Evoking the ancient belief of 'the best sword is quenched in dragon blood' such as the famed Damascus steel, it increases any of her mystic code's quality by 2 Rank.
    • Aeprocnis
      An exoskeleton made from the fossil of an Elephant Bird. It draws the role of a mythical roc bird from Arabic mythology, said to be so powerful it can carry three elephants at once. It took the form of an exoskeleton armor that enhances all of her physical capabilities.
    • Os Draconis
      A medicine made from vertebrate animals associated with dragons, based on long gu medicine from China.
    • Dracophobia
      A poison made from a mix between the plant euphorbia lactea found in India and the saliva of komodo dragons. It evokes the image of a poisonous dragon with multiple heads like Hydra and Yamata no Orochi. Inhaling a moderate amount of the poison causes hallucination while being directly wounded with it can deliver intense pain.
    • Homo Draconis
      Skeleton familiar that emulate "Dragon Tooth Soldier" used by the various legendary figures from Greek myth. It uses the fossils of Homo erectus, proto-humans whose fossils are mistaken for a dragon's. Canda mostly uses this familiar as a butler instead of a fighter.
    • Akyast Seraph
      A humanoid dragon armor. It draws the role of Biblical Seraphim as a fiery serpent (dragon). It uses six wyverns' remains to build. Its full capability is unknown, as Canda will end the fight in a single, speed of light strike and knock her enemy out. Her friends said that the spell suited her, as the angel Seraphim may be derived from the word 'charity' which fits her angelic personality.
    • Leviathan
      In ancient times, the discovery of marine fossils on lands that are high and far away from the ocean were often mistaken as proof of Noah's flood or any other flood myths. By invoking the legends to the marine fossils, she can freely manipulate them in high numbers as a high-pressure torrent of water that can force through anything. As one can see, it is a simple spell that relies on quantity more than quality, which Canda has plenty to spare.
      • Leviathan - Dracophobia
        What is more dangerous than a high-pressure torrent of water that can force through anything? A high-pressure torrent of liquid poison!

(art by Castor212 - twitter:@PAWZ212)

Arts

Last edited by Spartacus; March 1st, 2024 at 01:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    DINOSAUR MEGANEKKO

THIS IS THE PEAK OF CULTURE

ALSO I CAN'T POST THE YOUNGER MCRLWAIN NOW WITHOUT IT SEEMING LIKE A RIPOFF

I AM COMPLETELY OKAY WITH THIS BECAUSE DINOSAUR MEGANEKKO

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Blog Entries
    Spartacus Extended Universe let's go

Seriously tho she even got some sick art commissions and stuff, truly on another level
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    you wouldn't like her when her glasses is off (she is actually still cute when she is mad)

joke aside, glad you guys like one of my daughter o.o;

Blog Entries
    she takes her glasses off because she can't even look at this shit

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    Spartacus Extended Universe let's go

Seriously tho she even got some sick art commissions and stuff, truly on another level
    I still have more kek

Spoiler:

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Castellan's Avatar
    I clap my hands like a seal, this is fantastic.

Blog Entries
    Do we also discuss mage ideas here or do we go to the womb for that?

Blog Entries
    You can discuss it here. Any type of engagement to keep this thread from being perpetually half-dead would be very welcome.

Blog Entries
    Ah, concept: Mage who uses ancestral guilt as a foundation to summon the shades of a different family of mages that his family killed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I still have more kek
    Man, I wish I have half of your dedication to your OCs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamerless View Post
    Ah, concept: Mage who uses ancestral guilt as a foundation to summon the shades of a different family of mages that his family killed.
    So, a reverse avenger of sorts? Hmm, I think summoning the mindless ghosts of the people your forefather killed like trophies is way too disrespectful to be an "ancestral guilt" lol

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    TBF, those comms are only for my main characters. I don't comm for uhh, fifty other OCs XD

Blog Entries
    Man, I wish I have half of your dedication to your OCs

- - - Updated - - -

So, a reverse avenger of sorts? Hmm, I think summoning the mindless ghosts of the people your forefather killed like trophies is way too disrespectful to be an "ancestral guilt" lol
    Or something more like "the shades of the past remember", which I guess since he wants to put them to rest, they're willing to work for him.

Blog Entries
    That's kind of contradictory don't you think? Being put to rest means that you shouldn't summon their mindless ghosts to do your bidding. I can't see it as anything else than a sadistic manipulative kind of deal.

Blog Entries
    That's kind of contradictory don't you think? Being put to rest means that you shouldn't summon their mindless ghosts to do your bidding.
    Ah, I guess I have not explained it well. So my idea is something like this.

Mage McMageface found out about the horrible things his family did 200 years ago or whatever and started talking to the ghosts. WHile most of them hate him, he did make a deal with them to let him summon them or use their magecraft to a degree in exchange for him trying to put their souls to rest. So its more of a partnership rathr than him epxloiting them.

Blog Entries
    Holy shit fossil girl. This is a way better way to envision fossil magecraft than my scrapped attempts at it. Kudos
    It's winter in Sapporo. And as the weather stirs, so too does a new Holy Grail War.

Fate/UpRise
    Character Compendium
    Story - Ch. 3

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Glad you like it o7

Blog Entries
    Hmm... I guess it'd be nice to put this here, and congratulations on the new thread, kya.

This one was originally meant to be a RP Master submission for the Fate/Reclamation RP, but I ended up going the Servant route and at some point I redesigned her to be a standalone character on the Quest Server and I never ended up posting her here.

(Originally she was going to be a Matou, for trivia's sake.)

((Thanks to SleepMode for the last two edits, also. ^^))

Name: Alma C.A. Triore
    Birthday: May 1, 1992
    Height/Weight: 167 cm / 44kg(?)
    Birthplace: Southampton, England
    Blood Type: O(?)
    Character Voice: Hara Yumi
    Affiliation: Clock Tower, Modern Magecraft

Personality
    Forte: Adapting to the situation
    Weakness: First encounters
    Dislikes: Literature, people, music
    Middle Name: She will not explain

Magical Attributes
    Origin: Yearning
    Sorcery Trait: Acceptance
    Elemental Attribute: Ether

Magic Circuits
    Circuit Quantity: E-A
    Circuit Quality: C
    Circuit Composition: Variable

Biography
    Alma Triore came into being with little being expected of her, least of all survival.

Born to the youngest daughter of the head of a Wiccan coven in Southampton, she was nowhere near the front of the family’s line of succession, and she was terribly sickly to boot. As she grew up, Alma always seemed to be sick, or recovering from being sick.

Ear infections. Coughs. Colds. Fevers. Rashes. Measles. Flu.

She was in and out of hospitals, treated by healers and physicians alike. She rarely caught the same illness twice, but she was always coming down with a new one, straining the coven’s meager resources.

After all, the family was hardly thriving. They had fallen into disrepute and obscurity, their circuits diminished and their access to magecraft all but gone. In desperation, they had turned to Wicca, attempting to revitalize their connection to the witchcraft their family had once possessed in abundance.

A farce, performed by those who only had the vaguest understanding of what it was their family had lost, going through the motions of rituals that evoked nothing but spiritual platitudes.

Fortunately, after a particularly bad bout of illness nearly killed her at the age of 11, Alma began to demonstrate a total reversal of her previous fortunes. Her health finally began to markedly improve. Her personality began to shift from a timid, sickly wallflower to a sociable, outgoing young woman. And most importantly, her circuits were strong enough to actually cause a reaction when she was allowed to join the coven’s rituals and ceremonies.

With a growing reputation as the coven's shining star, she was fast-tracked into taking part in their most vital project.

In Wicca, water is viewed as one of the key elements for enacting magic, and their particular belief system associated it with life, potential, fluidity, and emotion. Using different types of water in a chalice or cauldron - tools representing the primordial goddess’ womb waiting to be filled by the aspirant’s purified water and magic - it could be imbued with almost anything. Water could also be frozen to hold that energy and potential in hibernation until needed, a practice known as the Snow Moon Ritual.

And so they decided to use it as the material for an experimental procedure, freezing water consecrated in a yearly ritual to use as material for a pseudo-magical organ that would be inserted in the most promising female witch in the coven. Their goal was to create a magical crest that was receptive to their “foundation”, and every 3 years, they chose a new girl and tried again. Always it ended in abysmal failure.

Until it was a resounding success with Alma, who integrated the organ perfectly and became the first proper magus of the Triore family, one who they could send abroad to the Clock Tower with pride.

Alma managed to ace her entrance examination - albeit with a small bit of obfuscation given the origins of her family as Wiccans - and found a home in the modern magecraft department of the Clock Tower. She quickly immersed enough, fostering a reputation as a bright, precocious girl who would talk to anyone and try anything. She joined so many extracurricular clubs that there were those who swore she seemed like she was in two or three places at once.

To this day, not a single member of the Triore family realizes what they truly did to their daughter, or what exactly it is she has become.

Personality

Irrepressible, cheerful, and earnestly eager, that was everything that summed up the girl people knew as Alma Triore. Not a single word of it was true.

Unbeknownst to her family, Alma was born with a simple sorcery trait: Acceptance. Her body and soul has no concept of rejection, no immune system (whether bodily or magically), and no desire to push away anything that is given to her. As a result, since the day she was born, allowing even diseases into her body without resistance, and every moment she can remember thereafter, Alma Triore had no sense of herself as an individual.

She had only ever been able to recognize herself through others, taking in rather than projecting, and she did it so well that none had questioned her transformation from an observing wallflower to an active participant in shaping the kind of woman they wanted her to be.

Unknown to her parents or any of her friends, Alma had lived, nearly died, and recovered as a being that passively held onto hopes, desires, and even grudges, meticulously converting herself into the receptacle her family desired, and filling it to the brim in order to define herself.

She practices meaningless Wiccan rituals because she was told to, even long after she no longer had to. She joined every club or extracurricular activity she was asked to, because she accepted their desire. She studies everything she is told to study, does what she is asked to do, and defines the resulting pile of burdens and contradictory behavior as Alma Ceridwen Athena Triore.

She even took in her family’s foolish experiment with snow water, absorbing the magical concept and material so deeply that it integrated and replaced her entire body. Not even the resulting departure from humanity has filled the hole in her heart, and she continues to strive for her family, even if it means occasionally doing… things they would find distasteful to survive. Not that tasteful or distasteful means anything to her to begin with.

The only thing that troubles her are those who strive for their own ends at any cost - she cannot understand them and would end up staring at their backs, bothersome thoughts bubbling away.

In the right setting, she would join a Grail War with no regard for her own life, or send herself to the Moon on a suicide mission, or plunge into the depths of a labyrinth simply because someone placed that burden upon her. But she has no investment in any cause, no satisfaction in the achievement of her family’s purpose, and no meaning for throwing her life away, not even indirectly.

Alma Triore is a house of sand, a tower of obligations and burdens, but unbeknownst to her, buried underneath all of her expectations lies a single, meager desire: to know what would actually make her happy.

Beneath all the building blocks of her personality, anything that gives her the chance to fulfill that desire is a current sufficient to slowly wash away the foundation of all she has created over years.

For she has never stopped yearning, even if she accepted everything.

In the absence of a triggering event, she may well stay “normal” and go through life as a magus shouldering all of her burdens. But all it takes is one window, one opening, one chance, and she will reach for it without fail, even if it makes her a bad person, an enemy, or a monster.

Family History

Alma’s family had once been a clan of respected witches in northern Italy, but their magical blood and lineage had been broken in the 16th century in the Triora witch trials. Her family had guarded Triora as their patron, keeping the small mountain village thriving.

A wealthy, well-placed border between Italy and France, the witches of Triora had maintained the area for generations, guaranteeing that it stayed in good fortune between the often warring countries. Yet despite the work of hundreds of years, the populace turned on them after just a few years of an unavoidably poor harvest. The witches had dulled the impact and ensured the long-term health of the crops, but they had not counted on the resentment and hunger of the villagers needing so little kindling to light aflame.

The church was invited in, an inquisition was launched, and soon enough, there was blood. The struggle was brief, lasting only two year, but the bloodline of Triora’s guardians was wiped out, leaving only their mundane spouses and those children who did not inherit the title of witch.

Naming themselves after the town to commemorate their loss, the Triora family fled to England to try and rebuild, but they had no remaining aptitude for magecraft and they could no longer be called witches. Looking in enviously at the Clock Tower, they languished, and resented, and never, ever forgot.

That they turned to Wicca was as desperate as it was unsurprising. Without a drop of talent, little was unexpected of them, and the Clock Tower had long since forgotten about them.

Truly, Alma was the culmination of all their hopes and dreams, and the end result of hundreds of years of stubborn dreams and longing.

Abilities
    On the surface, Alma is a practicing Wiccan, and can often be seen going through the motions of formal craft, using ritual tools such as a ceremonial dagger, corded thread, and chalices or cauldrons. The hodgepodge of influences and framework is what cements her as a modern magecraft practitioner, and why she is a student of Norwich. This hodgepodge, by all appearances, it allows her to create and manipulate a variety of watery familiars.

In reality, most of her magecraft is an extension of what she has become, rather than the foundation she was taught to interface with.

Alma's body has completely integrated with the “snow water” prepared by her family, such that she has no human biological tissue left, and in the process she gave truth to the lie that snow water was a form of liquid possibility. Her sorcery trait and origin have linked with the potential embodied by the water, resulting in a slime-like substance closer to primordial ooze than anything else. Yearning for a complete form, but trapped in a state of unrealized potential, it is the perfect vessel for Alma’s distorted mentality.

Spoiler:

As her entire body is composed of slime-like ether clumps and circuits, it is easy for her to manipulate her body, whether it be shapeshifting her appearance and forming clothes, modifying the physical nature of her body, or separating pieces of herself to act as “familiars.” It was her manipulation of these “familiars” which won her acceptance to the Clock Tower.

While one might assume from appearances that her body was composed of water, it is more accurate to call it a liquid-like clay, devoid of elemental characteristics and only holding a shape as long as magical energy is being circulated through it. As such, it may be freely hardened or softened through the activity of her circuits, and those circuits are distributed throughout the mass of slime that is Alma’s true body. With minimal effort, it can be sculpted into a variety of forms or possibilities, but it always reverts back to her natural form eventually.

If she separates a part of herself to act remotely, that piece is a snapshot of Alma’s will and memories at that instant in time, with however many circuits were released alongside that clump of slime. The total circuits and p of the “main” body is reduced accordingly until they are reunited. Of course, there is no such thing as a main body to begin with, as each offshoot is equally “Alma Triore”, even if they diverge in memories.

As a personal rule to simplify matters given her mentality, Alma regards the greatest concentration of her as her main body at any point in time, but no incarnation of her has more importance than the rest. Body mass - and even circuits - can be obtained or recovered in other ways, namely consumption or absorption of magical tissue or fluid, whether by willing or unwilling partners.

Upon reintegration, the total circuits and memories are reconsolidated, and she retains any knowledge the divisions obtained during their separation. In this way, she can attend as many classes or perform as many chores as she needs to. And if some people or magical familiars happen to go missing, by chance, she is always with someone else at the time to serve as a cover.

In short, while her soul remembers the shape of a human, Alma herself has almost completely departed from that mentality, easily accepting the separation and destruction of pieces of her individual ego multiple times a day. She no longer recognizes herself as human - but absent a trigger, she will live the mundane life of a Modern Magecraft student, a best friend or background character, until the right confluence of events leads her to stop maintaining the veneer of “being Alma C.A. Triore”. At that point...

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Sunny; March 16th, 2023 at 02:11 AM.

Signature by fumato

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I have phobia of water now thanks