Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 381112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Magus 2

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    thank you, but arent Executors only responsible for killing the inhuman?
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Heresies, to be exact. They're basically the Inquisition.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoScribe View Post
    Tl;dr: can i just make a "zenki and goki" magecraft that uses shugendo and others to make it happen, and not think about/have to make a shugendo magecraft system? (or am i severely underestimating what i have to do/misunderstanding what i can actually do? or am i just really just thinking to hard on this?)

i swear everytime i ask and talk about magecraft and the like i still feel like i'm way over my head even as i keep learning new things and understand it a little better
    hopefully i get a little more used to this sooner than later
    I think that's totally fine, and that you are overthinking it just a little bit. There really shouldn't be that much difference between making a Magus and making a Servant. You start with an idea of what you want, you do research about the real world elements involved, then you start Nasufying and futzing with them until you get something you're happy with. The only difference in this case is that you're researching a religious/spiritual system rather than a historical/mythological figure. Your idea of a specifically focused offshoot is totally in-line with how Magecraft works, so I'd say go for it!

I'm sure to be the lucky one Desdinova Incarnate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I reread Strange Fake recently and noticed that the people behind the Snowfield Grail War are part of a group of American Mages that iirc, are either not part of the Mages Association or very loosely connected to them. And it got me thinking about all those university secret societies that have a ton of conspiracy theories and rumors around them (like Skull & Bones from Yale) and if they have Mages among their ranks in the Nasuverse. Heck, universities in Europe also have secret societies like that, but I guess the Clock Tower sort of makes up for those.

I'm sure to be the lucky one Desdinova Incarnate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Do you seek the light beyond the trial of evil? Allow me to calculate the path for you, it is your destiny to reach enlightenment."

Name: Bridge Gracefield
    Aliases: The Gracefield Homonculus, Cryptographer, Tutor of Azoth, Magnum Opus
    Country of Origin: USA
    Height/Weight: 186 cm / 130 kg
    Element: Hollow
    Origin: Guidance
    Sorcery Trait: Formulation
    Circuit Quality: D~B
    Circuit Quantity: A
    Affiliation: Skull & Bones (Former), Atlas Institute (Former), Elysium Society
    Servant: Arné Saknussemm (Lancer)
    Command Seal:

Background
    The Gracefields are a disgraced family of Mages from the United States who were once infamous for their history of producing bellow average mages and stubborn obsession with the collecting texts on esoteric philosophy. This has earned them a reputation as wasteful hoarders who squander the potential of valuable knowledge best suited for more capable mages. The Gracefields were once members of a certain secret society which had been eradicated in the 1700s but whose legacy had been passed on to a university corporation in a German university whose name has long since been forgotten. This corporation held mages in its upper ranks, where the line between eccentric philosophers and actual mages was hard to discern. To escape from rival families who sought their knowledge, the Gracefields faked their downfall and covertly escaped to the New World where they would later become involved in the Skull & Bones society of Yale University.
    Since most Gracefield mages were born with low quality magic circuits, they mainly focused their research in the realm of spiritual philosophy, taking great interest in texts of Theoretical Hermeticism. Their end goal was bringing about the perfect enlightened human, the Magnum Opus. And so, they labored for centuries through trial and error, carefully studying these ancient texts; recording the lives of their heirs and the effects of this education on their growth as mages and scholars. Meanwhile, the Gracefields studied methods of storing memories and experiences, eventually creating the homunculus named Bridge, a "living calculator" which carried the lived experiences of deceased heirs. Bridge was a patchwork masterpiece designed to compile data from centuries worth of lives into a comprehensive “curriculum” for reaching enlightenment. While it initially seemed like the culmination of all the Gracefield family’s hopes given form, the blessing would quickly turned into a curse when Bridge gained self-awareness. Feeling, restricted as a mere “teaching machine”, Bridge went on a rampage and destroyed the Gracefield estate in Connecticut. Bridge would later receive a Sealing Designation when rumors of his existence reached the Mages Association from the fractured secret societies of North American, although the Seal was temporarily lifted in exchange for Bridge working for the Atlas Institute. During a rare contract job in the outside, all traces of Bridge Gracefield vanished from the face of the Earth and he has not been seen since. He has become the subject of urban legends among younger mages of the Association as the legendary “Gracefield Homunculus”.

Personality
    Bridge Gracefield is a mix of incredibly intelligent yet deeply naive and self-confident. Originally, he was created to guide the Gracefield family and calculate a path to becoming a Magnum Opus. However attaining sentience has created a sort of conflict between the personality formed from the many memories he was implanted with and the purpose designated to him. Bridge has an intense dislike for the hardships faced by humanity, and has deemed it his job to find the answer that will help them erase their sufferings. He looks down on anyone who disagrees with the path he seeks and demands unquestioning obedience from his followers.

Magecraft
    Sorcery Trait: Formulation
    The Gracefield family's sorcery trait developed from years of the effects of studying symbolism and philosophy on the development one's life. Formulation Magecraft is focused on the detailed calculation and connection of symbols and concepts, tracing a path from fact to fiction, truth to experience, and failure to success. Bridge has a much easier time making connections between older and newer Mysteries, excelling at Modern Magecraft Theory. His understanding of how ideas and images connect with each other also makes elaborate rituals which require specific symbolism or rare materials as catalysts both much easier and much cheaper to perform. Due to his specialized design and skill with Formulation, it is possible that Bridge might live long enough to calculate a path to The Root for himself, but as it stands with his current personality, it remains nothing but a pipe dream.
    Divine Translation Numerals
    Gematria

A system of Nemorology Magecraft that assigns values to words and phrases through an alphanumeric substitution cipher. These values can involve simple addition to lengthy calculations. Bridge’s Sorcery Trait boosted and broadened the uses of Gematria, allowing him to cast powerful Formalcraft spells without expensive catalysts or time-consuming ritual circles. Bridge uses a combination of the classic Hebrew gematria ciphers and Babylonian logographic ciphers to break down the images and patterns found in the world around him to manipulate nature. While this process is normally time consuming, Bridge's origin and his Memory Partitioning greatly boosts the speed of his calculations.
    Authority of Man over Machine
    Invade

A spell that applies Numerology to corrupt and interfere with computer programming and electrical signals. This allows Bridge to hack into any machine he touches, though it does not circumvent the existence of security programs and firewalls. Bypassing such measures requires physical contact with a target machine and deep concentration.
    Conceptual Formula Decryption
    Breakdown

Using his knowledge of Gematria and his Imaginary Numbers Element, Bridge can effectively disassemble objects to a conceptual level, turning a real object into the composite of ideas and unobservable possibilities that originates from the Imaginary Number Space. He can even temporarily store an object in Imaginary Number Space or into “containers” of information such as computer code or writing. However, maintaining too many complex objects in this state can be incredibly stressful to his circuits and his mind.
    Embroidered Temple Index
    Syntax Grimoire: Mystic Code

A red robe tied around Bridge’s waist with various symbols drawn into meant to represent a temple and gateway to higher powers. Normally, it’s crude simplicity and haphazard assortment of barely related symbols would result in an ineffective enchanted object with unpredictable effects at best and a uselessly ornate apron at worst, but when Bridge uses it, its effectivity is vastly amplified by his Sorcery Trait. Effectively, it is a Mystic Code that would be useless in almost anyone’s hands but a Bridge. It creates an advantageous territory around him similar to a servant’s “Territory Creation” skill at rank C. It acts like a passive bounded field, and at full power, allows him to use natural symbology to fuel powerful rituals.

Notes

Here's the stand alone Mage sheet for Bridge Gracefield from my Horizon Gate project. I decided to tweak some stuff in the character sheet before posting it, mainly Bridge's origin and the addition of a Sorcery Trait because I recently realized that a Mages Origin doesn't rlly affect how their Magecraft is executed so much as it does their personality. I also went into a bit more detail with Bridge and the Gracefield family's background and did some rewording with the personality to make it a little clearer imo.
    Last edited by Desdinova Incarnate; June 8th, 2023 at 10:22 AM.

His history and Magecraft look quite cool-like the focus on calculating.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Castellan's Avatar
    The Blood Witch of Clan Calatin, Master of Lancer
    Grace Nic Calatin

"Our family established its fortune through blood, sweat and tears. Mostly other peoples'."

Parameters:
    STR D+
    END C+
    AGI B
    MAN B
    LCK C

Element: Water.
    Attribute: Absorption.

Circuit Quantity A
    Circuit Quality A
    Composition Standard

General Information

Pronouns She/Her Age 20
    H/W 170cm/50kg Alignment Lawful Evil
    Faction Unaffiliated Origin Debility

Background
    If the hodgepodge of semi-independent Magecraft-practicing families that dot the surface of Ireland had to pick which clan they'd least like to have a fight with, Clan Calatin would be at the top of the list. While part of it is the fact that their Crest is one of the oldest on the island and they are one of the families possessing the 'God's Holder' trait, the simple truth is that most families steer clear of them because they're practitioners of Witchcraft, and they deliberately chose the name of the family of Witchcraft practitioners who supposedly helped kill Cú Chulainn. From there, all kinds of unsavory rumors have circled around the clan for as long as they've been around. They have the blood of the Fomoire in them. They were students of the Morrígan. They abduct people and use their blood to conduct rituals. Some of them may even be true.

Grace isn't that invested in the truth of matters. As far as she and her clan is concerned, they should simply be the de facto authority over all practitioners in Ireland. After all, their brand of Witchcraft had come to the island with the Fomoir and was thus one of the oldest. And the Morrígan had governed sorcery in the old days, so surely those who claimed her patronage should rule the roost by default. They've consistently pushed back against the carefully-maintained balance of power, though they've always done so within the confines of the rules.

Until Grace signed up for the Lesser Grail War anyway. Her aim is simple: bring the other families to heel by defeating their strongest representatives or killing their heirs (she's not picky), use the Grail to gain more power, put Clan Calatin in a position where nobody's breathing down their neck. And all she has to do is win. Easy, right?

Personality
    The "ideal" Mage is someone who treats others as cogs in a machine. While there's not very much humanity in that kind of patronizing and dispassionate treatment, there is at least some assurance in knowing that there's no actual malicious intent there.
    Grace absolutely has malicious intent. Born of an aristocratic family that considers all life not their own to be expendable and at best tolerates other Mage families on the basis that they occasionally make for useful pawns, Grace is a consummate sadist. Even if her Magecraft had not revolved as much around blood and pain as it does, those would have probably been her chosen methods anyway.

A refined noblewoman's air that seems to come across no matter what she's wearing, with a polite and dignified speech manner that only barely belies how much venomous contempt she has for just about everyone. Her criteria for her Servant was simple: someone who had served a woman like her before and would do so again without question. It helps that she gave him a new lance.

Abilities

Black Magic

Clan Calatin's main Thaumaturgical Foundation, rooted in one of the three ancient Magecraft arts of Ireland, introduced before the coming of the Holy Church and its Sacraments. Governed by the Morrígan as its main patron and supposedly passed down through the monstrous Fomoire as well, the foundation acts very similar to its mainland counterpart, with some noticeable differences.
    One of these is the association of various bodily fluids and organs with particular human emotions, and the ability to rob or absorb these emotions or attributes through sympathetic connection. For example, stealing someone's will to fight by stealing it from their heart, or stealing their valor by targeting the kidneys. This part of the art has been lost for generations, and may have only ever been possible for the likes of the God-Like Peoples. However, Grace does retain the ability to use blood to disrupt and restrict internal organs through the karmic bond. For the truly sadistic, one such option might be to seal shut a person's urinary tract or prevent them from being able to drink at all by making their body reject moisture - both grim uses well-attested in the sagas. She might not literally be able to steal a person's courage, but internal bleeding tends to end a fight well enough on its own.
    The second is the sapping of physical strength, with the Morrígan sapping two thirds the fighting strength of the Fomoire during the Battle of Maige Tuired. Owing to her Attribute, rather than merely sapping the strength from an enemy this way, Grace can transfer it to herself. In a life-or-death situation where she does not have the time for lengthy incantations, this "curse transfer" usually fades away within a few minutes as the curse does not have enough magical energy or enough of a sympathetic anchor to become self-sustaining. With a vial of fresh enough blood and sufficient time, however...

God's Holder: Spear of Lug
    One of the Four Treasures of Ireland, recovered from the battlefield of Maige Tuired. In the sagas, it is also called the Lúin of Celtchar, after the Ulster hero who recovered it and later went on to use it in battle. It is a massive red lance whose haft throws off fist-sized embers unless it is quenched in a vat of blood. If Fragarach is the "Ultimate Counterattack," the Spear of Lug is the "Ultimate Offense." In its "passive" state, it acts as a C-rank Noble Phantasm that enhances the physical strength of its wielder. In its "active" state, it becomes a causality-reserving weapon not unlike that of a lance possessed by a certain Irish hero - when thrown, the Lúin of Celtchar will kill nine men, at least one of whom will always be a king, gouging out their hearts. This attack counts as an A-rank Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm.

It is possible to survive the curse by either possessing sufficiently high Battle Continuation or some manner of conceptual defense that acts as an equal to the Lúin. Or, one can simply not live up to its criteria, which will pass the curse along to someone else in the vicinity until it has killed nine men.

Owing to its unique quirk, it is not possible to use the Lúin in the same manner of Fragarach, only drawing upon it as necessary. When first "summoned" by the Holder, the lance is inert and requires time and magical energy to recharge, with the fastest way to do so being to drown it in blood. Preferably someone else's.

Of course, one question remains: How did Clan Calatin come into possession of a weapon once wielded by Lug?

Creator's notes
    Don't mind me, still shaking off some of the rust! But I figured the best way to do it was to get stuck back in. Random helped out with this one and helped me dodge a big pitfall, so a very hearty thanks for that!

Next project on the docket is her Lancer, so look forward to that appearing in a thread near you hopefully some time this week! Depends how brutal work ends up being.

Very cool!! We love God's Holders in this house. The Magecraft looks pretty well thought out, and coming from other spaces it feels refreshing to see a more typical magus personality-wise.
    a

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Uhh,
    <.<
    >.>
    all for my daughter('s girlfriend)
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Cute...

I kneel to Candis the Grafted

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Incinerated Okinawa - 1st Lostbelt of Eternity

Crypter of Perpetual Frost. The one who sleeps beneath the ice struggles over the land of perpetual fire. Mad gods transform the world into a perpetual inferno. Come, Chaldea, and face down the wrath of the winter and the summer.

Name: Akio Suzuki
    Title: Yuki-Otoko
    Birthplace: Japan

Threat Level: B. Do not face unless necessary, prioritize defeating Kagutsuchi

History: The man known as Akio Suzuki was born the first child and inheritor of a powerful Magus family in Japan. But then the Meiji Restoration began, and the demise of magecraft and modernization growth made Akio and his family panic. As a last resort, they froze themselves in time, utilizing Akio's magecraft origin of Deepfreeze to do it. The freeze eventually broke last year, even the might of the entire family's Magecraft unable to stabilize it any longer. Akio was the only one remaining of the family, lost and befuddled by this new world. Humanity's Incineration provided him with a chance to return to the past, which is why he chose to become a Crypter. However, his Lostbelt, which he chose due to its location in his homeland of Japan, completely does not fit at all with his beliefs, with the fire god Kagutsuchi having turned it from what it began to become into a burned wreck. As such, the lost belt's depth is significantly limited due to the perpetual power struggle between the two of them, Kagutsuchi continually burning the area, while Akio freezes over the burns to keep the fire from spreading.

Personality: A very formal and somewhat antiquated Magus, he holds himself as the inheritor to a noble house. But his facade frequently cracks, revealing a shy and seclusive person panicking over the changes that have continually happened over the last year. He doesn't care much about his Lostbelt, and in fact is actively trying to defeat Kagutsuchi, which places him on the side of Chaldea, at least until Kagutsuchi is defeated, wherein Akio may begin to attempt to salvage the world.

Dislikes: War, technology, fire

Magical Origin: Deepfreeze
    Elemental Affinity: Water
    Circuit Quantity: D
    Circuit Quality: A+
    Circuit Composition: B

Magecraft Abilities:

Glacier Seclusion: Akio is naturally capable of secluding himself within a frosty and very hard to budge glacier, requiring much power to get through it. Within, unless the glacier is broken he is fundamentally incapable of being harmed, but also of being aided, making it an ideal place to strategize but not much else.

Smothering Frost: A new technique Akio devised specifically due to this Lostbelt, he utilizes ice with massive over freeze to produce a piece of ice that is fundamentally "incapable of melting". This can serve as a weapon, which he uses a lot to attempt to attack Kagutsuchi, spears and swords of this ice forming out of the ground. Of course, this is exhausting, so he occasionally uses ice that doesn't have this as a method of attack if he is too tired.

Mystic Codes and Familiars:

Snowflake Fan: A very mediocre item, but the last remaining of his family's once-glorious treasury, each item, one by one, their mystery sacrificed to power the deepfreeze and to keep the mystery of the family themselves in their home intact. A last memento of his family with a fairly minor use, freezing projectiles which go through it in place akin to a traditional war fan.

Non-Magical Abilities:

Combat Training: Akio was naturally trained in combat by his family as well as magic, a sense of pride for his family held by their official status as a "samurai family", and as such their heir would naturally also have to be trained. This allows him to utilize weapons fairly well. But he is by no means an expert.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Uhh,
    <.<
    >.>
    all for my daughter('s girlfriend)
    Spoiler:

omg real

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

US Friend Code
    The story of the battle of Okinawa from WWII is insane.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    ACCESSING FILES OF THE LEADERSHIP OF THE ESCHATOLOGICAL PROTECTION AND MAGECRAFT EXPERIMENTATION DIVISION OF THE DEFENSE ADVANCED RESEARCH PROJECT AGENCY: MICHAEL VERS ELYSIUM DEMIURGOS.

"It is obvious that when faced with extinction. Every alternative, no matter how morally objectionable or disastrous in the short term, is preferable. This is elementary common sense and the only way our species has survived"

BACKGROUND

Honestly not even i know where michael came from or how he gained such power. He isn't an incredibly powerful blueblood mage, he actually despises them given how many times he had us fuck over those british assholes at the clock tower. He seems to have come from nothing. The story he tends to give when asked how he gained such power and knowledge is this:

Originally he was some rather ordinary guy working in the middle of bumfuck nowhere in the lower portions of the nile on some backwater installation researching native eguptian mysteries then he discovered something. This conclusion led him to a pilgrimage across the the deserts of egypt. He wandered hundreds of kilometers across the desert in conditions that would kill just about anyone. When he should have logically died he encountered it. He calls it the possessor of the eyes of oversight or Ra. It took pity on him and gave him a vision of it's perspective on the universe and the future of man. Apparently the future of man was so bright and luminous that it gave him a whole new mission of bringing man closer to it. He then clawed his own eye out and was given a more than adequate replacement by the god of Egypt.

He then rose to prominence and gained a reputation in the EPMED for being amazingly lethal and doing wonders against beings antithetical to man like fae, daemons and dead apostles. Eventually he rose through the ranks and was given the title of protector of man. Recovering the legendary first knife that was thought long lost and even defeating the patriarch of the solomonic dynasty and recovering the ark of the covenant. Then the second american civil war happened, This war was vital for EPMED as a civil war erupted between michael's age of will faction and the arch traitors human extinction faction. Both sides chased for the holy grail while the country tore itself apart. Eventually a showdown was held between the arch traitor and michael at boston. We held the traitors off using guerilla tactics while the two dueled. He won but was so ashamed by his actions during the war that he declared the division disbanded and disappeared never to be seen again.

Personality

I can best describe him as ruthlessly pragmatic. He isn't a monster, he loves humanity, he has a wife and kid who he loves and he has a beautiful dream of mankind reaching for the stars and conquering infinity but he is more than willing to commit monstrous actions. He has started wars, been complicit in genocide and warcrimes and damned entire timelines through quantum time locks, all to get what he wants. He honestly reminds me of that kiritsugu asshole we had an encounter with a decade or so ago. He isn't selfish, in fact quite the opposite. He has let himself get tortured, raped and abused all for the sake of the mission and he clearly hates what he has to do. He just refuses to give up out of some overpowering sunk cost fallacy and utilitarian belief.

He is intelligent, terrifyingly so. He always has a plan or contingency for everything. He is a master duelist, strategist, marksman, martial artist who has quite possibly millennia of experience through his mystic eyes. He has plans within plans withing plans. Dudes basically batman with magic. I have seen him take down an entire room of armed soldiers with nothing but his bare hands.

His will can best be described as unbreakable but he has some outlets for his frustration. Those outlets happen to be the sacred prostitutes of ishtar and a certain therapist by the name of akira sesshouin. I actually interviewed akira and he said that during "private times" he would describe his obsession with a sacred garden which the human order stems from and the golem created to till it.

MYSTIC EYE OF OVERSIGHT

How the fuck do i begin to describe the mystic eye of oversight. It isn't a normal mystic eye but something else entirely. I have no idea how or even if it's mystery hasn't degraded but i can try to parse out some conclusions from his explanation of it.

He discovered that the egyptian god Ra possessed a set of very special mystic eyes with as much power and worth as the greatest divine constructs. During the beginning of the world there was an infinite number of timelines and possible futures and in one of them lived Ra. In a way they can be thought of as a prototype for independent manifestation and laplaces demon, they proclaim a possibility as a certain fact. They establish and make what he sees reality. These eyes still gaze from the dawn of creation to it's terminus. This makes killing our boy very difficult as he can always just confirm his existence and start over and makes him essentially omniscient when using it. I have seen his head get exploded like a watermelon by a sniper rifle then walk it off and kill the guy who did it just because he can.

However there is a cost. Using this Mystic eye slowly drains his sanity and destroys his mind as he uses it. Humans weren't meant to grasp omniscience or comprehend infinity so you must become something inhuman to understand it. More importantly i believe that his existence is a causal loop that must be closed at some point. Meaning that he will have to disappear into infinity and fall through the world while confirming his own existence at some point in time. A tragic fate but one i'm sure he will accept.
    Last edited by NINE-lives; July 22nd, 2023 at 02:09 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    ACCESSING FILES OF THE ESCHATOLOGICAL PROTECTION AND MAGECRAFT EXPERIMENTATION DEVISION PERSONS OF INTEREST DATABASE:MARIA VERS TARTARUS LUCIFEROS.

"Forgive Me father. I could never achieve your glory or match your strength. I could never save everyone. This decrepit body could never hold up the weight of the world no matter how hard I try but I still must try."

Height: 5 foot 7 inches

Weight: 130 pounds.

Birthday: February 15

Magic circuit quantity: A

Magic circuit quality: A+

Background

How the fuck do I describe her? Well remember when I mentioned that Michael vers elysium had a wife and kid. Well she's his kid. He married a French mage who used kabbalah magecraft out of convenience and he seemed to truly love her. Until it happened. He made some kind of deal with the devil which required the sacrifice of his wife in exchange for something. She was in the same room when that happened. I saw her trying to wake her mother up while she bled on the floor. She was just 9 years old at the time. Michael mentally broke because of this and gave in to his own self destructive urges. Leading to his death and disappearance at boston.

After the EPMED disintegrated in the second American civil war. She was taken in by the sentinel of human order, a certain cyborg named Constantine who led the greatest remnant of EPMED. He became a father figure for her and he honestly is a much better father for her than Michael. She now goes to Hudson College in New york where she is generally an outcast due to her cold attitude. She attends the underground raves held by the syndicate of grace in the new york underworld but she does not appear to be aware of their less than legal activities and plays in the soccer tournaments held at college.

Now the reason I am saying all this is because all the augry we have conducted shows that she is the only path we have to defeating the great evil beast and the augry have always been reliable so we have to put our faith in her. She's also a trans woman but since I'm not trans and I'm afraid that Constantine will punch my head off or rip out my spine and beat me to death with it or some shit so I'm not gonna mention that too much.

"My father was a strong man who had the strength to save others. I lack that strength and so is at the mercy of the strong and powerful "

Personality

How do I describe her? Well she is someone who admires the strength of others and hates the weakness of herself. She was born with an unfortunate body that meant she couldn't pursue her dream of becoming a soldier and dying gloriously and she hates that. She firmly believes that the strong will always trample the weak and that it is up to the weak to help each other. This darwinistic belief causes her to drown in self loathing and self pity.

She has an overwhelming almost primal desire to help others even at her own cost. This is however hindered by her own self loathing over her body. She also is obsessed with death and the idea of herself dying to save someone. She in essence pursues death and tries to comfort the dying. There's a reason she quite likes Mishima Yukio. She also enjoys the works of tolkien and pratchett for depicting people at their kindest and most hopeful. She also quite loves the works of william blake for their beauty. You could discuss the complexity of tolkien with her for hours to be honest.

Her taste in men boils down to just about anyone who she considers powerful. These could be politicians, powerful mages, generals and even
    servants
    ghost liners
    . However she is quite insecure about asking people it due to her transness and so has never gotten a boyfriend which she quite loathes.

"Femcel? What do you mean? Just because I have never gotten a boyfriend doesn't mean I am a femcel. Complaining about not having a boyfriend and reading Mishima Yukio is something all women do right?"

Magecraft

Her magecraft is an syncretism of ancient Roman religion and kabbalah. Her mothers family was infamous for researching into the nature of the soul, Adam kadmon, the garden of eden and God's connection to the root. It is described in Judaism that the soul is like a dove and that the spirit of God once went over the primordial waters as well as the treasury of the soul being described as a Columbaria. This led to their ultimate desire of creating a pseudo afterlife through storing dead souls in dove familiars. This culminated in Maria who is essentially a walking pseudo heaven who takes in dead souls and preserves then as magical energy.

Another aspect of it is the syncretism with the roman goddess fortuna. Fortuna inherited a connection to doves from Aphrodite who got it from Ishtar. A major concept in all Abrahamic religions is miracles and all things being possible through God. This essentially allows her to use doves as lynchpins for fortune altering miracles. A probable endgame for this style is changing the fortunes of a place until it holds a ratio to domino into infinity which then can be used to leap from infinity to
    root
    Nothingness
    Last edited by NINE-lives; July 24th, 2023 at 01:24 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    "God i'm so tired of everybody's bad faith interpretations of everything. where's the trust. where's the forgiveness. where's the understanding that most things are complex and most people have many layers. and like the black eyed peas once said. where is the love"

My story

Let me tell you something. My father taught me this: Strive for your next breath. Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one. Use your breath to power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy. He taught me not to always fight with honor but to always fight. Perhaps, I was doing what what i was meant to do. My human mentality screams for vengeance and thrives on the violence that i now can hardly endure. Let me ask you a question. Do you care about honor, or do you use honor as an excuse? An excuse to exist in a violent world. Organic beings are constantly fighting for life. Every breath, every motion brings you one instant closer to your death. With that kind of heritage and destiny, How could i expect myself to give up violence?

Is it our nature?

Is it true freedom?

My name is Cypher and i was a soldier for hire. I was a dog without ideals or something to believe in but what made me stand out from the rest was because i hunted mages as well as normal non magical humans. I didn't have any mage circuits but that didn't mean much because it doesn't matter how many generations of eugenics led to you when an anti tank round passes through your skull. I used to work with your dad a lot. I was there during the stratis and lemnos incident, working to secure hephaestus's forge. I was there during the iran war, working to wipe out the magecraft division of the quds force and i was there during the second american civil war, hunting for holy grail and the great evil beast that lied within.

But i realized something during that war.

I saw the true dark depths of humanity during that war. Towns annihilated with cluster munitions and turned into UXO and destroyed buildings. Concentration camps for political dissidents and child soldiers due to attrition but i say something else. People were still kind. People built soup kitchens for the starving, soldiers traded cigarettes and talked about their family in no mans land and soldiers executed their commanders to protect civilians. These were small acts of kindness but small acts of kindness cause the world to turn.

i was hired to hunt down your father by a shadow employer. I killed him multiple times but he always got back up thanks to his mystic eyes. Eventually i tried to confront him at boston but was subdued by the cyborg. He told me this.

"You have no enemies. No one in the world is your enemies. There are only the enemies you choose to have."

I realized something. Everyone in the world was so angry all the time. Everyone was so hateful but there was still love deep down. People aren't inherently assholes, they choose to become assholes. I had to snap them out of it and remind them that everyone else was human. I had a message of hope and love and i was going to spread it to everyone in the world. I gave up being a mercenary and became a hero for justice, wandering the land and helping people out no matter the cost.

My toys

I have to admit that i still find joy in giving evil assholes their just dessert. Most of my old contracts were from Atlas so i got to try out a lot of their toys. My favorite is this crossbow. A mystic code that's a railgun built like a crossbow with enough power to punch through a tank. Another favorite of mine is the nano sword, A sword made with Atlas alchemy designed so it's monomolecular and designed as a mystic code to fight spiritual entities.

Probably my favourite tool is this lighter i engraved with the norse rune for fire. One flick of the thing and everything burns. Always wanted to emulate roy mustang as a kid. I also studied under this buddhist guan in china founded by xuanzang himself and i discovered this martial art that targets spiritual pressure points that's pretty damn useful for fighting spiritual entities and subduing non lethally.
    Last edited by NINE-lives; July 23rd, 2023 at 07:59 AM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    The devil fallen down to earth. A nameless monster: Jörg Meyr

"Judgment defeats us. Judgment from society, judgment from others and judgment from ourselves prevents us from being perfect soldier, statesmen and workers. Have you ever wanted to be truly free?"

Height: 5'11

Weight: 160 pounds

Birthday: April 7

Magic circuit Quantity: D

Magic circuit Quality: C

BACKGRO-NO THIS MONSTER MUST BE STUDIED.

I refuse to believe that such a monster could be born human. He has to be a demon pillar or a true ancestor or even lucifer himself. I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT SUCH A MONSTER CAN BE HUMAN. How is he even walking? I saw a certain someone put a bullet directly through his throat before drowning him in the grail mud. Perhaps he is already in the process of ascending
    into demonhood
    past man
    . He has been called a Vampire, Satan, The next adolph hitler by both communist and nazi groups and he is more than all of these things.

To start. The ambitions of the meyr family is to
    reach the apex of humanity
    create the perfect human scholar, soldier and statesman
    . The ambitions of the Gracemeria family was to ascend past humanity and become a
    demon
    god
    through bloodshed and human sacrifice. They intermarried and jorg was the result. He studied thomas hobbes leviathan and the works of carl schmitt, the actions of pinochet and franco and the my lai massacre in vietnam. He chose to become a soldier after this for reasons all too clear to me.

He quickly rose to the rank of colonel through his skill and machiavellian scheme and became the youngest colonel in army history. He saw that the class divide between American proletariat and bourgeois was growing too much, people were sick of endless war especially after the Iran war and leftist was exploding in popularity. An incident happened were a squad of national guard killed a group of five civilians while on patrol. Then a sit down was organized at the pentagon with jorg placing the notoriously careless colonel akhanteros in command of the the military response. This escalated with the situation erupting into violence and massacre. Insurgents took over a town in retaliation and he ordered the town destroyed with cluster bombs and that was the point of no return.

The country erupted into civil war but a strange thing happened in the forces under meyr's command. He slowly corrupted them by teaching them his philosophy. His philosophy was that man is happiest without the ability to think and reflect on their own actions. A soldier can only become perfect without judgment from others and himself. Angst and existential dread can be removed from man by stripping away their capacity to think about themselves. Most accepted it while all who refused it chose suicide. He also had quite the interest in project ditheader and believed unleashing it could cause enough death to ascend to past humanity. He also took advantage of the civil war in our organization by allying with traitor forces.

The american civil war is recorded to have ended with the sidney accords but it truly ended at boston. The battle of boston occurred when jorg attempted to ascend to demonhood by butchering a cities population and unleashing the evils contained within the holy grail there and we had to stop him. 5,000 men stood against a force of 15,000 enemy fighters. We held them off for three days but we slowly had to retreat and rely on guerilla tactics. Eventually something happened. He was shot in the throat and stabbed multiple times by an unknown soldier. The holy grail was ruptured and a flood of cursed mud flooded the city and drowned all within it. He should have logically died but he somehow survived. I don't know how but he found a new goal of spreading his philosophy and converting everyone to it. He has thus become devoted follower of the great evil beast and it's foremost foot soldier.

THE MONSTER WITHOUT A NAME

He is many things. He is the beast of revelation. He is the antichrist. He is Satan but most importantly He is pure platonic evil. Once a neonazi militia working for him began to praise him as the next Adolph Hitler and he tolerated it until he realized that they were not indiscriminate in killing and he killed them all and then flayed them to make a point. He doesn't care about religion or race, Everyone is welcome too his world of violence and madness. He often disguises himself as a woman just to seduce and corrupt powerful men. He doesn't care if his victims are women or children. It's not like he gets a kick out of it or does it to prove a point. He only does so because evil is like an organ of his body.

Everything runs to his plan. He planned everything. He planned the incident with the national guard. He planned the washington incident. He planned the cluster bombing and boston and EVERYTHING. Everything fits somewhere in his machiavellian rube goldberg machine of a plan. Only someone with the power to overturn fate itself can defeat him. He is immensely charismatic to the point where the only ones who could resist his corruption are those who chose to kill themselves.

He speaks in a dead monotone and makes for a lanky and feminine figure but he exerts an aura of fear and intimidation around him that makes him terrifying. Perhaps this is the just the shroud of curses that surround him from the thousands he killed or perhaps it is just a sign of his ascension to demonhood. He firmly believe that it is better to be feared than loved but he will put up with being loved even if it is a love found through fear.
    Last edited by NINE-lives; July 25th, 2023 at 06:46 PM.

Blog Entries
    You know, I think these have pretty solid and original basic concepts, but I'll say it again, one thing that separates a good piece of sheet from unremarkable ones is simply presentation. That is to say, format your shit properly. Don't fall into the jishara-syndrome, making your post look good is just as important, if not more, than writing good texts.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I'm honestly pretty comfortable with my current format. It's a bit rough but i don't want to fall into the trap of a trillion collapse texts and hidden easter eggs. Collapse text and really elaborate sheet like legendary's newer sheets are basically witchcraft for me. What do you think of my characters anyway?

Blog Entries
    I think you've got the basic character and magecraft design figured out, and some of your style of writing can be pretty fun (though not gonna lie, I had to close the tabs several times to just heal from the sheer physic damage a large chunks of your writings gave off.) Overall, I like what you're trying to cook, but the way you format it still incredibly messy. Start with the basic stuffs; Use Proper Capitalization, resize your image to viewable proportion, get creative with italic, bold, and text sizes, add more stats (very important), etc.