Page 332 of 345 FirstFirst ... 232282322327330331332333334337342 ... LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,640 of 6893

Thread: Magic: the Gathering - T: Add Three Mana Of Any One Colour To Your Mana Pool

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    It's direct damage outside of red, and is so inefficient because of it. But in limited it can be useful when you're drafting a colour that lacks removal.

In constructed, yeah, total trash. Every colour has better options for removal even if they lack direct damage.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In my deck: I lack removal, it can kill an early flier or that f*cking 4/2 menace zombie, and it enables Phylactery Lich (although I obviously prefer to pair it with one of the other 4 non-creature, non-sacrificing artifacts)

of course, i'm now 1-2 with that particular concoction (got outmidranged by UG, twice in a row, turn 2 enemy dryad greenseeker each time), so there's that

In M19 limited: it's playable in the UW artifacts deck, or if you're starving for removal/reach.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; November 29th, 2018 at 07:21 PM.
    don't quote me on this

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    Is that in standard Mac?
    Modern.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Oh, so it's like a stopgap measure rather than some secret tech, I see. I was considering adding them in my version of the UW artifact deck (which has turned into some sort of historic/artifact monstrosity in three colors that doesn't do particularly well in either), but I guess I was right to leave them out.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Modern.
    Ah, I was wondering if MBC was even possible in standard right now

Blog Entries

My current M19 draft deck, currently 1-0 just thought I'd ask for thoughts since I have a hard time judging if it's really good or just weird.

SB is

1x Knight's Pledge
    2x Revitalize
    1x Make a Stand
    2x Gearsmith Prodigy
    1x Ghostform
    2x Wall of Mist
    1x Uncomfortable Mist
    1x Scholar of Stars
    1x Frilled Sea Serpent
    1x Duress
    1x Walking Corpse
    1x Infectious Horror
    1x Bogstomper

and some off color stuff
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Not sure what Rise From Your Grave is there for, since you don't really have any way to put cards in the yard except the hard way.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    It's mostly supposed to be just another copy of one of my big threats vs players that have a lot of removal, but I agree it's not that great in this deck.
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    Ah, I was wondering if MBC was even possible in standard right now
    Now I'm curious what's in Standard...

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    There's a (slightly worse) Cabal Coffers in Standard right now.
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I was just looking through the cards to see if I could slap something together (ignoring meta) and I saw that.

The problem is there's no good creature removal or win conditions. The planeswalkers don't synergize well with the MBC game plan either.

You could run something that's like a pseudo-control black creature deck though.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Cards that I noted having potential in MBC:

Primal Amulet
    Sorcerous Spyglass
    The Immortal Sun
    Creeping Chill
    Dark Bargain
    Divest
    Dread Shade
    Duress
    Infernal Reckoning
    Isareth the Awakener
    Josu Vess, Lich Knight
    Liliana's Contract
    Plague Mare
    Ritual of Soot
    Murder
    Mastermind's Acquisition
    Field of Ruin

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    LANDS (26):
    4x Field of Ruin
    3x Cabal Stronghold
    19x Swamp

SPELLS (34):
    4x Divest (B)
    4x Duress (B)
    4x Sovereign's Bite (1B)
    4x Murder (1BB)
    4x Dread Shade (BBB)
    3x Ritual of Soot (2BB)
    3x Mastermind's Acquisition (2BB)
    2x Primal Amulet (4)
    2x Liliana's Contract (3BB)
    1x The Immortal Sun (6)

There's some good ramp, but there's no scaling black spells to sink all that mana into.

The gameplan here is to bleed them dry and build up your mana, then just beat them to death with an ever growing Shade after they're defenseless.

Sovereign's Bite can double up when Primal Amulet is out to help finish things off or to buy some time.

Just let them play creatures, wipe them all out on turn 4, then pick off whatever comes next with Murder, etc.

Liliana's Contract gives us some actual card draw; the demon part is unnecessary.

The Immortal Sun wins the game if it hits the table, and with the tutor of Mastermind's Acquisition I can fetch that out or other spells.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilm View Post

My current M19 draft deck, currently 1-0 just thought I'd ask for thoughts since I have a hard time judging if it's really good or just weird.

SB is

1x Knight's Pledge
    2x Revitalize
    1x Make a Stand
    2x Gearsmith Prodigy
    1x Ghostform
    2x Wall of Mist
    1x Uncomfortable Mist
    1x Scholar of Stars
    1x Frilled Sea Serpent
    1x Duress
    1x Walking Corpse
    1x Infectious Horror
    1x Bogstomper

and some off color stuff
    Ended up not changing anything and finished 7-2, my plan of switcheroo into bounce worked, often I bounced my own bounce dude that I switcherood over to them, both losses were to color screw which is what I feared the most. Would still be interested in what others would have changed in the deck. Rise from the graves ended up being pretty good tbh because all of my games slowed down to the point where I drew most of my deck.

20.06.2014 Never forget

I thought M19 was a fast set (the one time I drafted it I got white weenie'd three times in a row), but I guess it does lack good enablers.

In other news, I decided to stick a Teferi and his oath I got in my mess of an UW historic/artifact deck, and indeed it magically improved it significantly. It's still a mess, since it takes too long to get off the ground, but Teferi draw/untapping lands+Raff Capashen giving historics flash+ cards with ETB effects for artifacts = SURPRISE COMBAT YOU LOSE.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    someone point out how to fix up my deck

Blog Entries
    I can't quite grasp M19. Sure, I win slightly more than I lose (got back to Silver), but unlike GRN or DOM, I'm never quite sure of how good my deck is until I actually play.

It's a bit of a good stuff format, but it has quite a lot of cute little combos too. Aggro is not as warping as in GRN, but it is viable. Bombs are bomby, and enchantifact removal maindeckable (I'm picking Rec Sage quite high).

@Deathhappens: You sure can get steamrolled by WR, but it's easier to stabilize than in GRN because at least their creatures don't grow.

I've just drafted a deck that I can only describe as "fucking weird". I have a bunch of removal, and a cute little combo with 2xReassembling Skeleton, Open the Graves and Desecrated Tomb (With Macabre Waltz and Gravedigger to fuel it, in addition to the skeletons). Then some assorted BW goodstuff with a sparkle of lifegain. My most realistic way of winning involves draining the OP to death while stalling with value and saving the removal for bombs. It didn't quite come together, and I'd say it's probably around a 5 - would have been a 7 if I'd managed to wheel that Ravenous Harpy because of the raw strength of the Harpy + Skeleton engine.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    someone point out how to fix up my deck
    I don't think the cards are there to build creatureless mono B control in Standard, mAc.

A few cards to try: Moment of Craving, Arguel's Blood Fast, Doom Whisperer, Treasure Map, Karn, Thaumatic Compass, Vraska's Contempt, The Eldest Reborn.

Filthy netdecks:

https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=20248&d=332199&f=ST
    https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=20217&d=331904&f=ST
    https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=20553&d=335162&f=ST
    don't quote me on this

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    I can't quite grasp M19. Sure, I win slightly more than I lose (got back to Silver), but unlike GRN or DOM, I'm never quite sure of how good my deck is until I actually play.

It's a bit of a good stuff format, but it has quite a lot of cute little combos too. Aggro is not as warping as in GRN, but it is viable. Bombs are bomby, and enchantifact removal maindeckable (I'm picking Rec Sage quite high).

@Deathhappens: You sure can get steamrolled by WR, but it's easier to stabilize than in GRN because at least their creatures don't grow.

I've just drafted a deck that I can only describe as "fucking weird". I have a bunch of removal, and a cute little combo with 2xReassembling Skeleton, Open the Graves and Desecrated Tomb (With Macabre Waltz and Gravedigger to fuel it, in addition to the skeletons). Then some assorted BW goodstuff with a sparkle of lifegain. My most realistic way of winning involves draining the OP to death while stalling with value and saving the removal for bombs. It didn't quite come together, and I'd say it's probably around a 5 - would have been a 7 if I'd managed to wheel that Ravenous Harpy because of the raw strength of the Harpy + Skeleton engine.
    Oh yeah, accruing value through graveyard recycling is a move that can really sneak up on opponents not looking for it. I still remember that time I got beaten by a mono-B removal deck that recycled its Ravenous Chupacabra 3 times in a row. Game started, enemy was playing Dusk Zealots, I kept aggressively trading him with the same Reassembling Skeleton... surely I'm winning, right? Nope, because the Zealot was replacing itself with non-Zealot cards, so we had parity. I play threat (think it was Rhizome Lurcher?) he plays Chupacabra. I answer the Chupacabra (Status on Skeleton), he Gravediggers the Chupacabra back. I answer that, play another threat, he Rise From the Grave's the Chupacabra back again. Topdeck second Rhizome Lurcher... hey, why is my hand empty and his full all of a sudden? He Murders my Lurcher and I lose the game.

Coming from Yugioh, I really should have had more respect for what graveyard shenanigans can do, but in Magic only very few kinds of decks can really get around to it so I underestimated it. Plus, card advantage isn't nearly as much of an issue there.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post

Yeah, this is why I asked as well, it was hard for me to judge my draft deck, like it seemed good because having so much bounce meant my switcheroos were literally always just mind control and mind control is a good card. I also had the esper dragon bomb and the mono blue sphinx bomb that both wanted me to be slow. So I feel like it made sense as a deck, but I had no idea if I had gold in my hands or some jank that was too slow. I guess 7 wins means it was good(?)

20.06.2014 Never forget